Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Kazak posted:

ClamdestineBoyster used to post these far out there ramblings about metaphysical space travel and dimension hopping with the strangest internal technical logic. They were entertaining to read but I don't know if it was healthy

CB seems back on his meds as of late, thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Caro portrayed the best return account I've ever seen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Avshalom is the best poster

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Someone on NeoGAF used to post as if they were Mariah Carey and they were juuuuust subtle enough about it that you always thought "gosh wouldn't it be crazy if that actually was the real Mariah Carey" and I swear it never got old.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Chinatown posted:

REAL BEEFY

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Someone on NeoGAF used to post as if they were Mariah Carey and they were juuuuust subtle enough about it that you always thought "gosh wouldn't it be crazy if that actually was the real Mariah Carey" and I swear it never got old.

someone was doing that with taye diggs here

went by the username taye diggs

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
You mean that wasn't Taye Diggs?! I... I'm going to have to sit down.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Calibanibal has probably the best gimmick going on the forums right now- he still gets fresh victims on the daily.

I guess my own gimmick would be making up pages of pseudo-intellectual gibberish (that read like someone poured boxed wine on a thesaurus) and using that as a pretense to launch into rambly personal anecdotes.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

You mean that wasn't Taye Diggs?! I... I'm going to have to sit down.

tbh, i haven't fully ruled it out :tinfoil:

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Infrateal was the best. I have dozens of his posts saved on an old hard drive somewhere. The only thing I could find was his Deathpost Race thread against Heebie GBS. Which is great if you ignore literally everyone else in that thread besides those two.

infrateal posted:

heebie-gbs suffers from acute pubic trichotillomania with associated trichophagia and has already clearcut his own junk so hes reduced to prowling public showerdrains for clotted pube whorls, a shaker of sea salt in one hand and chopsticks in the other

infrateal posted:

RAVE REVIEWS for Heebie Geebs' new book IM A CAT-DECLAWING WIFE-BEATING CHOCOHOLIC COLICKY BABY VIRGIN: A RETARD'S STORY

"i cant even believe when i opened my review copy and $4 flopped out. was this a bribe? like was a little kid bribing me to like his mommy's book? then i thought, no, that's ridiculous, someone must have left some cash in as a bookmark and forgot about it. but the book had been shrinkwrapped! setting the mystery aside, i began perusing the book and let me tell you, this piece of ...gust... ...o... ...filled... ...cra... ...f... ...ts... ...man... ...shi... ...p... ...blew... ...me... ...a... ...way, way, way [...] ." -The Page Turner Diaries

"Characters so vivid you can feel the eczema spalling off their foreheads" - Our Shelves Are Sagging

"Strap yourself in for a rollicking rollercoaster of pounding tour-de-excessive-force that grabs onto your balls and delivers the deep dicking your hungry slut rear end in a top hat craves. Extreme creampie closeups as our monster cocks leave you 'gaping' in awe" -The New York Times

"A literary triumph of elephantine proportions, or at least severe elephantitis" - BookBro

infrateal posted:

heebie-gbs decants his liquid shits into the crapper but on the way some slurry gets trapped in the thicket of asshairs and strangler pubes burgeoning from his crack like shittcaked kudzu, the silty poo poo shilts irrigate bumper crop orchards of dingleberries, dinglepeaches, dinglemelons, "knotty gnarry branches olde / of stubbes sharp and hidous to behold" -Geoffrey Chaucer, The Taint's Tale

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Heath posted:

Does anyone happen to have the Gentle Pete post

You know the one

Near constant flatulence that has a smell so powerful to me that I risk cumming on particularly strong farts. In addition I can't hold them back for more than 10 minutes at most; if I try then it'll practically explode out my rear end, soil my pants a bit, and of course make me cream them like I was edging for a whole day.

The thing is, it becomes oddly easier to hold it if I somehow manage to keep them contained past that threshold point (I.e. industrial butt plugs) but if they're held in for over an hour I can't fart for a week. Instead, my cock farts instead of cumming (but the cum is still built up in my balls) and my body odor becomes my farts. My breath is of course foul to everyone but me. The result is if I hold it in too long, I become a perpetually aroused, sporadically ejaculating filth hound.

CaptainAttitude
May 31, 2003

This haircut was a good idea.
I always liked the H.P. Lovecraft guy. I can't remember his actual goddamn name though. Lovecraftian something.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
whoever that is that posts in the idiots on social media thread direct quotes from ppl without any context so it looks like the poster is saying crazy f***ed up things but it is in fact the idiot on social media who said the f***ed up thing.
also, ++ on lowercase posting, I even do it despite phone.posting and having to manual press lowercase at the start of every sentence

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Lottery of Babylon, that's the poster

Gimmick Poster
Aug 29, 2006
Don't look at your carpet; I drew something awful on it
My gimmick is bad posting.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Posting gimmicks are so 2015

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

bonelessdongs posted:

That dude who REALLY LIKED shredded moose

:goku:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Legendary, I'd give it to Hakan and GameQuoter. Contemporary, Calibanibal is amazing over in D&D right now. I also have a soft spot for Anne Frank Fanfic, but that was more mastery of the art of trolling than a gimmick.

quote:

gently caress. I am ashamed I forgot him.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 26, 2019

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Sundae posted:

gently caress. I am ashamed I forgot him.

avs had some amazing takedowns yeah, i still think about that ones on vincent and the creepo mod she called a mallcop

funny is truly the rarest gimmick of all

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Mordja posted:

I earnestly thought DGSW was very funny.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Kazak posted:

ClamdestineBoyster used to post these far out there ramblings about metaphysical space travel and dimension hopping with the strangest internal technical logic. They were entertaining to read but I don't know if it was healthy

Yeah he was cool so no wonder the mods would give him completely unjustified probs for interesting posts

Like not evem breaking a rule besides being different and enturbulating the masses or whatever

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 26, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

JK Fresco posted:

Like not evem breaking a rule besides being different and enturbulating the masses or whatever
no enturbulating

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the mods are the most dedicated gimmickposters of them all, due to the natural nervous servility of goons providing a constant positive reinforcement of whatever brand of brokebrain they best espouse

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I enjoy the classic thread gimmick of posting during a psychotic break

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Mooktastical posted:

Enhydra lutris

Pick posted:

iirc Enhydra was a re-reg of Avshalom?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dgsw and orkin mang both post on skullmund.com aliongside a coterie of retards, racists, and homosexuals

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Nut to Butt posted:

dgsw and orkin mang both post on skullmund.com aliongside a coterie of retards, racists, and homosexuals

Including everyone's favorite self-immolating retard, Enfield, whose gimmick was hating everyone and everything.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It always cracked me up to see that guy deride the nerds in bookbarn for not reading real literature. Bells of something or another. Can never remember the fill screen name.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Why you all posting in styles, instead of posting what the real thing is

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Post but with extremely detailed legalese terms and conditions under every post in body of text or sig if you feel merciful

Gamequoter is the legend imo. A great gimmick that entertained and wasn’t abrasive

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mammal Sauce posted:

Including everyone's favorite self-immolating retard, Enfield, whose gimmick was hating everyone and everything.

enfield is funny, especially his self-immolation gimmick- talk about commitment to craft! :supaburn:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gey muckle mowser posted:

iirc Enhydra was a re-reg of Avshalom?

Correct, she rules

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Orkin Mang was a great poster too

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Nut to Butt posted:

Really? That sucks

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak posted:

Really? That sucks

it's okay- only slightly more dead and gay than SA, except free & those posters arent banned

hell, even gurf isnt banned :rolleyes:

im mostly there for the banners

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Glenn Quebec posted:

It always cracked me up to see that guy deride the nerds in bookbarn for not reading real literature. Bells of something or another. Can never remember the fill screen name.

You're probably referring to Bravest of the Lamps.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

botl was a real forest fire of a poster; all-consuming of attention whenever he showed up, cool to regard from a distance, but you didn't really ever want to actually be involved or interact in any way

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

botl was a real forest fire of a poster; all-consuming of attention whenever he showed up, cool to regard from a distance, but you didn't really ever want to actually be involved or interact in any way

I actually quite enjoyed his posting in the book barn, he provoked some good discussion, but apparently, he was more problematic elsewhere. And I wasn't so fond of his one-worders.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yes botl. He was a trip. Like you said if you had 0% investment in the topic or thread you could see a mile a way how he would set people up to get mad. He really was a professional oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Jerry Mumphrey and a misanthrope were decent posters this forum could use. Jukeboxblues is sorely missed. A lot of good goons have come and gone.