Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The idea of a stealth game dedicated entirely to being a shithead and loving with people rules. too bad its epic store only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I see untitled goose game listed on steam but it's not available for sale. Is there a release date announced or is it a mystery?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Yeah, I struggled with it as well. The trick is that the game is giving you the tell wrong. You have to do it as soon as possible, too late in the big theatric animation that looks like it's giving you extra time, and it won't work. E: As in, it only finally worked for me by literally pulling the stool out just after he turned around. It's the only really bad read that I think the game ever gives you, any part of the giant cartoonish 'ooooh I'm gonna have me a sit' animation is already too late, as far as I can tell. It's there for visual effect, but it doesn't mesh with the gameplay.

Man fall on bum :honk: I stole his chair and took it into the back room, because I had the same issue with taking it as he sat. Later on someone was chasing me and he fell over when I ran past.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 22, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
GOTY

(Goose of the year)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i long to terrorise this village, as this goose

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah when i accidentally discovered that in the one bonus/post credits list i was amazed.

Small thing that bums me is the art lady doesn't react to be bringing her mail and the house that throws you out throws their package out too. I want to be a helpful goose too you know. That and the lady running the store not taking my hard earned coin for some veggies :goose:

lol I swapped their post in anger at being thrown out of the house

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.twitch.tv/bl_4u/video/484897047

24:00 I think I broke the farmer.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

GEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

I see untitled goose game listed on steam but it's not available for sale. Is there a release date announced or is it a mystery?

epic bought the exclusive rights to it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

exclgooseive

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Got the groundskeeper locked in the garage for a couple minutes lol.

E: oh yeah video’d it

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/485092223

Cocoa Crispies fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 22, 2019

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

"the future"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

The idea of a stealth game dedicated entirely to being a shithead and loving with people rules. too bad its epic store only.

I paid more for it on the Switch to avoid giving the Epic Store money.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I love that the bullshit of the console wars has arisen again in the form of digital storefront wars

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My daughters spent a half hour terrorizing the farmer by taking his rose over and over again. This game is majestic.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
endgame nonsense: kinda sad that even when you've got The Bell the newspaper guy won't leave his cage even if you steal his shoe

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

The Creation of Adam (1512, Michaelangelo)

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

i love this horrid goose

https://twitter.com/stardew_when/status/1176000775631171585

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Can't believe they're allowed to make games about domestic terrorism nowadays

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'm linking these to avoid them being embedded in the thread since they have mild spoilers for what you get after you complete the check list.

This is the result of torturing the Groundskeeper. I have blocked the backdoor with the garbage can and locked him in the garden, then stolen things important to him so I could taunt him on the other side of the gate.

This is a glitch that happened while setting up the above. He wanted to put the bag of soil or whatever back but it was from the other side of the wall he no longer had access to so he was just standing there until I intervened.

If it wasn't obvious I find it's important to celebrate your deeds with a lot of honking, flapping, and bending up and down repeatedly.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The goose in the untitled goose game is the most compelling video game villain in recent memory. Fire Emblem: Three Houses merely wishes it had antagonists as intricately characterized as the terrible goose.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
This is one of the few games where I'm hoping there will be DLC.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a lovely morning in the village and you are a horrible swan

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How do you wear the crown from 100% completion? I only seem to get a prompt to drag it around.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dad Jokes posted:

How do you wear the crown from 100% completion? I only seem to get a prompt to drag it around.

Drag it to one of your subjects and they'll put it on your head.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

not a bot posted:

This is one of the few games where I'm hoping there will be DLC.

Skins would be awesome, Canadian Goose game would complete my life

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

Canadian Goose

:whoptc:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's already a Canada Goose game. It's called Doom.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Dad Jokes posted:

I spent a while googling this - something about this game messes up Google's search algorithm because, even when putting "untitled goose game" in quotes, all of the results were of "Apex legends". Super annoying!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
https://twitter.com/Dizz_ident/status/1176603747792769024

I managed to get the farmer to slap me so hard I went through a wall and have no idea how to get out. can I just exit the game?

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

you just got slapped into the next stage is all
there's some shortcut gates you should be able to open to get back to the garden if you're not done tormenting the groundskeeper yet, or you can go wreck somebody else's day instead

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I couldn't go anywhere. The gate north was blocked and the lower area didn't let me go there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://youtu.be/9STHqt_vsCc

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Can I get a honk in the chat?!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bogart posted:

Can I get a honk in the chat?!

:goose:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
got the Groundskeeper locked in the garage, and tried to wedge myself into a place that deadlocked the Shopkeeper but failed at that part

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1176532866630672386?s=19

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cocoa Crispies posted:

got the Groundskeeper locked in the garage, and tried to wedge myself into a place that deadlocked the Shopkeeper but failed at that part

I tried getting both locked in there to see what would happen but it wasn't working

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

wasn't until my third time through that i found the mini goose statue in the last area, now it has become my goose prank calling card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Got this for my Switch and holy poo poo it rules. My life is nothing but honking now. I'm happy.