Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did this show go up or down in viewers?
This poll is closed.
Up 79 67.52%
Down 38 32.48%
Total: 117 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the most telling things about it's quality is that those two hours flew by and I didn't want to miss a minute of it

yeah when they announced the main event my first thought was "wait, already?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dustin and Page are actually arguably a better tag team pairing than the Rhodes Bros. The original Natural gimmick was way more in line with Dusty's own cowboy element as a good ol' Texas boy, which fits with Page's Cowboy poo poo, way more than Cody's Capcom End Boss thing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Dustin and Page are actually arguably a better tag team pairing than the Rhodes Bros. The original Natural gimmick was way more in line with Dusty's own cowboy element as a good ol' Texas boy, which fits with Page's Cowboy poo poo, way more than Cody's Capcom End Boss thing.

page vs cody over dustin's love in 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

He did a super dumb cutter sell last week he owns

STONE COLD 64 posted:

at the inspire show i went to he was outside on the ground selling going ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh ieatpussy ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh hes a funny little pervert

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

yea ok posted:

and the one 20 minute promo established the main faction and put everyone and everything over, even if that one LAX guy fucks with his tongue like a little freak

sammy guevara also can't keep his tongue in his mouth, so i think the other three should get on board and just become a faction of tongue perverts

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

karmicknight posted:

Don't worry, you will because they are facing the Lucha Brothers.

And SCU is facing Best Friends

and then we are at the tag title tournament semi-finals.

And soon the best team, dark order will be on tnt.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DuhSal posted:

yea agreed and normally when I watch sports shows I flip channels during commercials but here I kept it because I didn't want to risk missing anything (also the sometimes there, sometimes not pip).
I realized very quickly something I hadn't noticed before: I've been watching products I don't like for so long that my habits are poo poo. I had to make and consume dinner, feed my dog, take him out to pee, and take my estrogen/t-blockers all during the show, and I always do that stuff during Raw because Raw is boring as gently caress and there's lots of room to not watch it, but it was a huge problem for this show and I found myself literally running during ad breaks to get it all done so I didn't miss anything.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

Don't worry, you will because they are facing the Lucha Brothers.

And SCU is facing Best Friends

and then we are at the tag title tournament semi-finals.

I'm still so pleasantly surprised that private party won! give me private party v jungle boy and luchasaraus semi final please!!!!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Loved this show.

-Pretty much everyone felt like a star, save for perfect 10 guy.
-loving great opener.
-loving great promo from Jericho.
-Dustin still owns, and Page playing FIP definitely made him feel like less of a big deal, but his attack on Hager at the end redeemed him. I'm always a mark for blind chair throws.
-That ending. God drat, that ending.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

I realized very quickly something I hadn't noticed before: I've been watching products I don't like for so long that my habits are poo poo. I had to make and consume dinner, feed my dog, take him out to pee, and take my estrogen/t-blockers all during the show, and I always do that stuff during Raw because Raw is boring as gently caress and there's lots of room to not watch it, but it was a huge problem for this show and I found myself literally running during ad breaks to get it all done so I didn't miss anything.

I have literally forgotten to make dinner and just not eaten for both episodes of AEW Dynamite so I can't imagine how fast you were running through all of that during this show that is very good.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If Darby keeps doing skateboard offense, I'm gonna' lose it in the best way.

Sting's baseball bat got nothin' on Darby's skateboard.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Big fan of Guevara's eboy gimmick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

idk which would be better at this point, months/years from now him finally turning after all the teasing, or Cody turning on him

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1182118766165057538

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

One thing that I'm just loving about AEW is the fact that I don't find myself wanting to fast forward or turn away during the commercials like others have said. During RAW or SD, I'd just DVR it or join an hour in to fast forward during the boring bits (everything). It's just insanely refreshing. I thought tonight would be a bit of a slog because of three tag matches, but i watched every single one and enjoyed them.

maybe it's just the new car smell, but everything is clicking for me.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

at the inspire show i went to he was outside on the ground selling going ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh ieatpussy ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh hes a funny little pervert

i like the nasty little fucker

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sammy sold the poo poo out of everyone's moves and made them all look devastating. To me he was already very good but I gained a new respect for him after this episode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

suggest as many tony hawk meme songs as you want for Darby Allin, to me this is his perfect theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcul9k3SRsY

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Last week I watched AEW on TV while having NXT on my laptop on mute. This week I didn't even bother with NXT. I haven't been this excited by a weekly wrestling show since the Monday Night Wars.

I marked out hard for the Darby Allin skate board attack. lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Croc posted:

And soon the best team, dark order will be on tnt.

I hope they get a match in, before their match with the Best Friends just so that they can get over. I hate that there's a perception of them as geeks even though they can do some really good poo poo.

Also, please we need other, different women to be featured in the women's matches.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Chris James 2 posted:

idk which would be better at this point, months/years from now him finally turning after all the teasing, or Cody turning on him

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1182118766165057538

Cody becoming increasingly paranoid as MJF continues to tease turning on him and deciding to turn on MJF first would be cool.

Edit: This also shouldn't happen for at least another 6 months to a year.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MJF only being loyal to Cody and not really giving a poo poo about anyone else is a great way to explain him being a part of a face group and I really like it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TV Zombie posted:

I hope they get a match in, before their match with the Best Friends just so that they can get over. I hate that there's a perception of them as geeks even though they can do some really good poo poo.

Also, please we need other, different women to be featured in the women's matches.

We need maki itoh

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

TV Zombie posted:

Sign Kris Statlander, coward Tony

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

We need maki itoh

:hmmyes:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

heel turn posted:

Sign Kris Statlander, coward Tony

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

suggest as many tony hawk meme songs as you want for Darby Allin, to me this is his perfect theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcul9k3SRsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVyso-9rrY

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr. Carlisle posted:

MJF only being loyal to Cody and not really giving a poo poo about anyone else is a great way to explain him being a part of a face group and I really like it

there was a nice moment where he recoiled from one of the bucks reaching out to him after the inner circle fled the ring

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

For the people who have gone to the live shows, what’s been available at the merch booths? We are going next week to the Philadelphia show and I’m curious if they have a decent selection available or is it only a few different shirts? I am hoping to get the new Jurassic Express shirt and maybe an Orange Cassidy one but I’m guessing it will be mostly young bucks and AEW shirts.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

From last week I saw Jurassic Express, Moxley, Janela, SCU, and Jericho shirts alongside the Cody/Kenny/Bucks ones

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

HOT! New Memes posted:

For the people who have gone to the live shows, what’s been available at the merch booths? We are going next week to the Philadelphia show and I’m curious if they have a decent selection available or is it only a few different shirts? I am hoping to get the new Jurassic Express shirt and maybe an Orange Cassidy one but I’m guessing it will be mostly young bucks and AEW shirts.

Big selection. I saw something for almost everyone.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there was a nice moment where he recoiled from one of the bucks reaching out to him after the inner circle fled the ring

So far AEW is excellent with those consistent character traits.

Just a loving great show so far.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I missed that but will probably re-watch the show so I'll look for it. that's an example of the consistency with the characters and their motivations and actions that I love about aew so far.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1182125991910678529?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DuhSal posted:

I missed that but will probably re-watch the show so I'll look for it. that's an example of the consistency with the characters and their motivations and actions that I love about aew so far.

It was right near the very end. He hugged Cody and Cody pulled him closer, then when they separated Matt went to shake his hand and he jumped out of the way basically :lol:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
someone buy me an inner circle shirt so my conscience is as fresh and as clean as i will look in my new inner circle shirt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I really, really hope baseball doesn't hurt their number too much or anything. I'm eternally hopeful they will notch a higher number than last week and the audience grows, but hopefully they can stay consistent.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

It was right near the very end. He hugged Cody and Cody pulled him closer, then when they separated Matt went to shake his hand and he jumped out of the way basically :lol:

perfect.

I think this type of stuff really invigorates creative types to just have fun with their characters and improvise and poo poo. so much good stuff comes from improv in wrestling, so who knows what angles can be built upon from having that kind of engagement.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did you guys see that man do a violent skateboard trick?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I loved this show. It was exciting and engaging.

Private Party is so over and the back and forth during the match really worked.

I was hot n cold on Darby at first but he is great, and good representative of spindly skeleton people.

I do hope Spears is relegated to lower tier matches, I mean hes fine wrestler but who cares....

But that main was so good and hearing Jericho cut down and bury "We the people" was awesome.

And my brother in law came in during the last 10 minutes and he popped for Jericho and was asking me what this was.

AEW is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I really, really hope baseball doesn't hurt their number too much or anything. I'm eternally hopeful they will notch a higher number than last week and the audience grows, but hopefully they can stay consistent.

I wouldn't worry about their audience this week, the show was simultaneously live on both TNT and TruTV