Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherofmustard posted:

All it took was one decent show for people to start praising the Big Trump Fundraiser again.

I don't really care what places outside of this subforum are doing, which I assume is what you're talking about since nobody is doing that here!

Gaz-L posted:

Where did anyone say poo poo about the civilians? I mean, god, get a better alt-right playbook, dude. We've gone through 'maybe YOU are the real bigots' and whataboutism, so let's see, we've got millenial, SJW, triggered, snowflake, oh, and I'm sure pretending that you're the victim to come.

Don't be a dick. Mel made his post in a real bad way and was probated for it, but he's right to be concerned about the risk of generalizations of the lovely regime running the country conflating the population as a whole in with them and shouldn't have those concerns ignored just because people don't like him personally. It's why I asked people in the previous thread to please be mindful of their posts and be specific when (quite rightly) criticizing the Saudi Government/Ruling family, and as far as I can tell people have been careful about doing so since then which I appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I hope all the ex-developmental talent of NXT don’t spend all their pay increases at once!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Vanilla midget goes over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God it gets me every time :allears:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m very curious to see what happens from here. Keep the buildup for Survivor Series by cross-brand? Have it promoted on each show individually with no cross-over?

I’m expecting this is a one-and-done really.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Yea, I'm expecting this to go to the direction of "faces and heels get together in defense of Their Brand" that always just comes off as completely unearned and cringy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

True. It’s gonna be bad. You’re right. They had a chance though lol.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

spongeh posted:

Yea, I'm expecting this to go to the direction of "faces and heels get together in defense of Their Brand" that always just comes off as completely unearned and cringy.

Especially since they only just went to their respective brands like 2-3 weeks ago.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should just put the NXT roster on Smackdown and most the Smackdown roster on NXT.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I don't really care what places outside of this subforum are doing, which I assume is what you're talking about since nobody is doing that here!

Don't be a dick. Mel made his post in a real bad way and was probated for it, but he's right to be concerned about the risk of generalizations of the lovely regime running the country conflating the population as a whole in with them and shouldn't have those concerns ignored just because people don't like him personally. It's why I asked people in the previous thread to please be mindful of their posts and be specific when (quite rightly) criticizing the Saudi Government/Ruling family, and as far as I can tell people have been careful about doing so since then which I appreciate.

Fair and I appreciate the warning. I got snappish, possibly because I was only seeing the aforementioned careful posts that only mentioned the regime and felt the warning was being disingenuous, however I probably should just have hit report instead of rising to the bait.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blaise330 posted:

205 Live just confirmed it was indeed the other singh who won the 24/7 title. They say its the first brothers to hold the 24/7 title but I gotta wonder if there's a pair of brothers who have ever won any other singles title in WWE?

Don't say Kane and Undertaker.

Goldust and Cody were both IC champs.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This really might be one of the most hilarious things wrestling has produced.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Goldust and Cody were both IC champs.

Owen and Bret were both IC champs too I think

Edit: Oh and Matt and Jeff both had European and Hardcore titles.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 2, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re going to build NXT up until Survivor Series because they’re going to lose every match. There’s too much political poo poo in Raw vs. Smackdown now so they’ll just have a bunch of matches where the main roster beats NXT.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Smackdown sounds awesome

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

An excerpt from Stephanie McMahon's autobiography, released 23 A.T. after 37 delays

quote:

They didn't want to go. Just last year the women of Saudi Arabia were given the ability to drive, but the government imprisoned any activists pushing for this. So, on one hand I understood Lacey and Nattie's trepidation. On the other, I was their owner boss and we made a promise.
Late one night the ghost of Rosa Parks sat on my bed. At the back, of course. She turned to me and said "You have to make them do it. For me. For all the women you've inspired. You started this revolution, you turned it into an evolution, and now you have to see it through."
Her words haunted me until the next day. I took Nattie and Lacey aside and gave them a fiery speech about how they were contractually obligated to be our wage slaves for eternity women's rights and how this one five minute match done exactly how they, the humble Royal family, wanted, it would change everything.
They went out there and wrestled that night. I felt like I was watching my own children. From my private plane as I got the hell out of that country. I didn't need the nobel peace prize. I knew, in the bottom of my heart, that our brand changed the world that night.
And it felt right.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re going to build NXT up until Survivor Series because they’re going to lose every match. There’s too much political poo poo in Raw vs. Smackdown now so they’ll just have a bunch of matches where the main roster beats NXT.

You have to wonder if Fox is super happy that they used a show they're paying millions for to put over a show on another network that's just falling in ratings

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Smackdown was triumph home run of a show as a Wrestling fan and a message to the Saudi 175 that they can be easily be replaced. 9/10

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
WWE sucks and smackdown sucks and Steph sucks and Saudi Arabia but that title match was legit

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I will say something nice about the WWE.

Actually, no I won't. But someone in WWE.

I like how Brock just does whatever the hell he wants

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

As someone who 99% follows WWE through this forum alone there's definitely a little bit of a "well the Blood Money crew went through a terrible ordeal of a flight delay forcing Smackdown to call on the NXT crew for simplistic booking and fresh matchups with the conscientious objectors and people barred from KSA because of bigotry and that once again proves that everyone will be ok when Vince is gone" vibe I'm getting.

There's pushback too. And I enjoy the discourse. But like... there's no question that whatever people think morally of WWE there's a whole lot of posters who want it to be good and need only the slightest encouragement to renew hope. Which I think runs counter to the recent narrative that the place is primarily occupied by WWE haters.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

fatherofmustard posted:

All it took was one decent show for people to start praising the Big Trump Fundraiser again.

Not to mention the Saudi stuff was so heinous it made everyone forget about the blackface t-shirt from five days ago.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hmmmmmm....
Bunch of wrestlers stuck in KSA due to 'mechanical malfunctions'
Stephanie goes on the air to do propaganda.
Wrestlers get sent back home.
Hmmmmmm....

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Hmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmm....

:eyepop:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I wondered how long it would take for MbS to get sick of WWE not fellating his country.
3 shows it turns out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ChrisBTY posted:

Hmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmm....

:yeshaha:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ChrisBTY posted:

I wondered how long it would take for MbS to get sick of WWE not fellating his country.
3 shows it turns out.

They gonna say "Saudi Arabia" SOOOOOO much now that they can claim they freed women or some nonsense in the same breath.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChrisBTY posted:

Hmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmm....

Oh! Collusion!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

they fixed 2k20 today

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That good lucha stuff

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wonder if maybe some of the sucking up tonight was because maybe there are tensions on the deal and Saudi Arabia wants to pull out on principle, anger or whatever.

I mean, I only suck up that hard if I really need something big to happen in a meeting. Hearing about Steph’s poo poo today, and while commonplace for her, does make me wonder and briefly crosses mind.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

they fixed 2k20 today

So why did you post a screenshot from Grim Fandango?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

they also facescanned all the luchadors aside from sin cara, and you can just hit randomize on the attire to remove their masks :laffo:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have a friend who is one of those creeps that hangs out at the airport to get autographs, and he said that when the wrestlers got off the airplane, they were actually all Saudi Arabians dressed up to look like the wrestlers. he got a lot of autographs though, they were really friendly with the fans and happy to be recognized.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
The title match was real good and the invasion stuff was cool but the first 30 minutes was brutal and in the middle they ran a propaganda piece. Vince is still an idiot.

Didn't someone in her call Brock quitting Smackdown and going to Raw?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

lol remember the last invasion angle WWE ran? nobody should watch this poo poo, it's gonna end poorly

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Next Saudi show redo the WCW vs WWE invasion angle in one show. This time we already know the big hitters in WCW will flail around for blood money.

...I just really want a better ending to DDP vs Undertaker

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Man if this shows tanks in the ratings I would not want to be on NXT

They literally started the show by basically saying "Well... all of the 184 people that were at Crown Jewel didn't make it back in time for Smackdown. So nobody is here tonight!" and i wouldn't be surprised if all of the casuals just tuned out immediately. The main event was announced a half hour before it started.

I know there were rumors of NXT talent being flown in, but most people didn't know that.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oh god, this is exactly what they're doing isn't it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's amazing that wwe is actually great at using new talent but HATES doing so

Hefty Leftist posted:

lol remember the last invasion angle WWE ran? nobody should watch this poo poo, it's gonna end poorly

seth rollins is going to john cena the poo poo out of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

they fixed 2k20 today

The single most viral image of 2k20 is the glitched Becky Lynch face, easily repeatable because it's an armband that somehow displaces characters' heads, and they didn't even fix that. And then they added the Fiend whose jacket breaks everyone in the same kind of way. :dice: