Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wicker Man posted:

"I'm a make her SQUART!!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Little Caesar's was always better bottom-tier chain pizza.

also had better labor and business practices
fast food nation had a big chapter about how they were the least exploitative of the various national chains and seemed to kinda want everyone to walk away happy.
Well the chapter was really about how much of a scam franchise fast food is, and that the big and most abusive players like doctor's associates (subway) and mcdonalds were more in the business of selling franchises, playing landlord, and being exclusive distributors for their franchisees than selling food, but a big theme of the chapter was also comparing how little caesers mostly did right by their employees and were getting utterly hammered by papa johns, which was run by a bastardman

I kinda wonder if papa "papa" john hadn't eaten his pizzas or at least not paid attention to the quality for over a decade, and is just now discovering his cost cutting made his pizza shittier. Like I do recall in the late 90's/early 2000's papa johns was better than dominos and pizza hut, but then dominos and pizza hut stepped up their game because they'd gotten such lovely reputations, and his pizza has gotten worse

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Twenty years from now it's Paul Rosenberg's child taking the reins of Def Jam, surveying 40 youtube 3.0 personalities and declaring that black people have ruined hip hop.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
*runs through the door shirtless*

Who the gently caress is calling Little Cesar's garbage?!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
All we are saying is give pizza chance

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm scarfing down pizzas every day extra large pizzas extra sauce extra cheese NO toppings every day I make sure to eat at least one pizza and I'm screaming and yelling "THESE PIZZAS TASTE SO BAD NOT LIKE BEFORE I CANT BELIEVE THEY MADE THE PIZZA SO poo poo!!" and every day I'm vacuuming these pizza pies into my gullet just retching and heaving at how bad they are and the cheese lodges in my throat and I spit up acid reflux bile and tears stream down my face as I gasp for breathe as my esophagus burns and the pizza just tastes so bad I mean so bad and I'm holding my stomach because it's cramping so bad and I need to poo poo so I'm clenching my rear end in a top hat but the turdlett keeps trying to commit an inverted exit-oriented violation of my anus but I gotta do it I gotta sit here eating this za and it's cold and wet and soggy because I've been choking it back for an hour pouring luke warm tap water over it to make it go down easier and it's just mushy and falling apart and I can feel it swimming around in my stomach and I groan and some of the pizza comes back up my mouth in little throw up chunks and I swallow it back down because I got eat the pizza but the pizza is just so bad not like it used to be.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Doobies pie house

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I wonder why he stopped at forty instead of just trying four or five locations and being like yep this poo poo sucks. the company should use that to their advantage. Papa John eats forty Papa John's pizzas after getting fired seems like it'd be a solid endorsement except maybe for the whole he dropped an n bomb thing making him unpalatable to most consumers.

Still not as off putting as the Noid i would think.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Still not as off putting as the Noid i would think.

Not avoiding the N word is pretty much what got him into this mess

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Papa in his mega mansion quietly brushing his face and body with garlic butter while listening to the soothing sounds of Herman Cain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2fKmeFR_ko&t=40s

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why is there a little black hole underneath his nostril? i thought it was just some dirt or something but its a little hole in his face. what's the deal with that?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone on the forums (or perhaps reddit?) was saying he's got a huuuge substance problem.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Folks, I know I say this all the time but:

It's time to nationalize Papa John's

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

im permacancelled chain founder pizzastomper58. i first started making pizzas when i was about 12. by 58 i got really obsessed with the concept of "racism" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "n*****" and "better ingredients. better pizza. papa johns. n*****."  in meetings for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing kneelers in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal pizza cravings. im now on right wing welfare. i always wondered what the kind of “racist” style of pizza was all about; i think it’s the grease leaking in to the crust, what italian theory considered to be the cause of hunger and hunger syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” pizza to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.
:shittypop: superb

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Extremes televised challenge, Papa’s Pizza Permissions, where we tell John that if he can eat 40 pizzas in ONE DAY... he’ll be allowed to use the word he loves with no consequence!

All narcotics allowed.
He cannot stop or tap out once the challenge starts.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Black August posted:

Extremes televised challenge, Papa’s Pizza Permissions, where we tell John that if he can eat 40 pizzas in ONE DAY... he’ll be allowed to use the word he loves with no consequence!

All narcotics allowed.
He cannot stop or tap out once the challenge starts.

This is important: is dipping the crusts in bread allowed?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I imagine he probably meant that he sampled 40 pizzas (from different Papa John's locations) to be able to justify saying he had a body of evidence that quality went downhill after he was ousted, OP.

thank you for giving racist pizza man a fair fight.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone on the forums (or perhaps reddit?) was saying he's got a huuuge substance problem.

I mean, if I had 800 million I'd become a cocaine elemental, so I can't really blame him

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1199372404784615426?s=20

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Goodpancakes posted:

Imagine being so empty headed and thirsty for soulless management work you lust so completely to return to running that poo poo house of a company. My man you have hundreds of millions of dollars and you want to work a corporate management gig? Jesus wept the rich should be killed
I think it's a pretty good example of what these people are chasing, and it's not dollars. When we discuss economic disparity there's often a lot of jokes/commentary digging into why people want to make that bank account number go up and it's sort of always in the background that it can't just be that they want more because at some point there's diminishing returns to making stuff expensive for the sake of being expensive. They're chasing status/validation and they measure their success with money. You strip papa john of the thing he thought made him deserve to be rich and it doesn't matter to him if he's still rich, he lost what he wanted. Despite his millions I bet the guy sounds like every wannabe hasbeen you run into at family reunions lamenting their grander days when they felt (justifiably or not) like someone people gave a poo poo about and never came to grips with being someone noone cared about.

Dude probably tied all his self worth into being papa john and doesn't know what to do when he got unceremoniously booted.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

This is important: is dipping the crusts in bread allowed?

Mandatory. One different type of sauce per pizza.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Linux Pirate posted:

thank you for giving racist pizza man a fair fight.

Like loving the look at him, he’s turning into a cheese golem!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ArbitraryC posted:

I think it's a pretty good example of what these people are chasing, and it's not dollars. When we discuss economic disparity there's often a lot of jokes/commentary digging into why people want to make that bank account number go up and it's sort of always in the background that it can't just be that they want more because at some point there's diminishing returns to making stuff expensive for the sake of being expensive. They're chasing status/validation and they measure their success with money. You strip papa john of the thing he thought made him deserve to be rich and it doesn't matter to him if he's still rich, he lost what he wanted. Despite his millions I bet the guy sounds like every wannabe hasbeen you run into at family reunions lamenting their grander days when they felt (justifiably or not) like someone people gave a poo poo about and never came to grips with being someone noone cared about.

Dude probably tied all his self worth into being papa john and doesn't know what to do when he got unceremoniously booted.

Tldr capitalism is bad even for the capitalists

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Plutocrat school is sadbrains school

Plutocrat club is sadbrains club

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coolness Averted posted:

I kinda wonder if papa "papa" john hadn't eaten his pizzas or at least not paid attention to the quality for over a decade, and is just now discovering his cost cutting made his pizza shittier. Like I do recall in the late 90's/early 2000's papa johns was better than dominos and pizza hut, but then dominos and pizza hut stepped up their game because they'd gotten such lovely reputations, and his pizza has gotten worse

Yep
Papa Johns quality gradually went downhill during the Bush years. I gave them their final chance in 2007 and I haven't heard anybody say anything positive about them since like 2005.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Business Executives are very far removed from almost every effect of cost-cutting except expense line go down and stock price go up beep boop. Its really a system-wide problem. If the rich guys on top had to live like their bottom workers for a week, this country would be fixed by the end of the month.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I like to think that he did not in fact sample pizzas from different stores and it was super awkward for the same delivery guy to have to bring him a pizza like five or six days a week.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I like to think that he did not in fact sample pizzas from different stores and it was super awkward for the same delivery guy to have to bring him a pizza like five or six days a week.

Probably mean muggin' the poor kid as he made change.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Gumdrop Larry posted:

They forgot to change the locks so he'd just come in through the back door and take some before they got put out for delivery

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Senior Dog posted:

there's like 0.000001% chance col. gd sanders didn't say that word hourly

I remember reading he used to go on trips with a black executive from the company who bought his restaurant chain and he would have him sit in the back of his car while he sat up front with the driver then open the door for him and carry his bags. It's pretty funny that Papa John is more racist than a southern colonel chicken man from the 1800s.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The KFC in Hikes Point was by where Sanders lived after he sold it and I remember hearing that he would go in, eat the chicken and then go back to the kitchen and cuss out the cooks about how they were loving up his recipe.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I really want this to escalate till he starts another pizza company that exist only to take PaPa John's down. I want it to be ugly, personal, and end with both pizza chains going bankrupt.

look into the history of puma and adidas this story has been written already

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ok 40 pizzas in 30 days, but how many poops in 30 days? i'd guess he was completely backed up by day 6.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

ok 40 pizzas in 30 days, but how many poops in 30 days? i'd guess he was completely backed up by day 6.

lol @ the thought of regular pooping on papa john's

Infact I bet he hasn't had a bm in 2 years.

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

That's what the grease of 40 pizzas makes you look like.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GREASY SLICE IN MY MOUTH. IT'S PAPA JOHN'S AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SWEATING PROFUSELY ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ME

Cuddlesworth
Apr 3, 2007
This John the Papa has become Foreverial Greasedup Papa John and he was fully pizzatized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living pizza version with permanent living pizza organs and insides and a permanent pizza, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese tongue. nose is a permanent bacon nose and has two permanent pepperoni lips and two permanent pizza and pepperoni ears. Fully oiled like a hog, greasedup this way to remain and always sliding around with a permanent smile on his face and a wide open permanent pizza mouth speaking constantly ready to lick anyone or anything with his permanent Pizza, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese tongue.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cuddlesworth posted:

This John the Papa has become Foreverial Greasedup Papa John and he was fully pizzatized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living pizza version with permanent living pizza organs and insides and a permanent pizza, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese tongue. nose is a permanent bacon nose and has two permanent pepperoni lips and two permanent pizza and pepperoni ears. Fully oiled like a hog, greasedup this way to remain and always sliding around with a permanent smile on his face and a wide open permanent pizza mouth speaking constantly ready to lick anyone or anything with his permanent Pizza, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese tongue.

Ooooh papa ooooh papa please give me your papa rewards!!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

this guy seems like a real pizza work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I tried an American pizza place once, I think it was a dominos? (why the gently caress is it called dominos??)

Anyway, it wasn't great. Cost way too much (20 dollars? gently caress you) and was mostly just bread. Way too thick and way too much bread. In conclusion, I deem America really poo poo at pizzas