Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

they’re gonna have baron corbin beat up farty the slowman on smackdown next week just to show how not shook they are

in before “but why would baron corbin beat himself up”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

they’re gonna have baron corbin beat up farty the slowman on smackdown next week just to show how not shook they are

in before “but why would baron corbin beat himself up”

That's going to be the plan today, but by Friday Vince will have forgotten why he demanded a snowman costume be made for Smackdown and will change it to Corbin getting speared by Roman dressed as a snowman before getting beaten up by six heels with no reason for them to be working together.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

TBF a couple of years ago you could have said the same thing about Cody Rhodes.

You could say the same thing about Cody until about 6 months ago and the Dustin match and be mostly right. But even then I'd argue Cody's in-ring highs in WWE were higher than Wyatt's. Well, from my memory, which could be faulty.

But you could be right that getting to wrestle a less heavily produced style, maybe a more Southern style could well benefit Bray. Just don't make me have to sit through Kota Ibushi vs Windham Rotunda.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 2, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Wyatt/Reigns tag team was the greatest thing that never really came to be

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I cant recall a single WWE Cody match that i have compared to Bray v Daniel Bryan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Push El Burrito posted:

Bring back Glacier.

They already have Mustafa Ali

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

I cant recall a single WWE Cody match that i have compared to Bray v Daniel Bryan

Yeah, actually I'll give you that. And there was a Cena match that is probably also above anything Cody did. Do have a fondness for a tag match in 2013 with Goldust against Rollins and Reigns. And he was in some good Money In The Bank and Elimination Chamber matches but I don't think they should count.

Okay, I'll rephrase. I think Cody's base consistency level was a bit higher than Bray but the more I think the more I come to the idea that there's probably not many wrestlers in the WWE who couldn't be rehabilitated with some time and good booking and playing to his strengths.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Some new trademarks were filed by some workers:

Charlotte applied for Ashley Flair (combination of her real name and ring name), and "The Queen of Wrestling".

Andrade applied for "El Idolo" and "La Sombra".

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

OctoberCountry posted:

Gay-bashing, nazi-adjacent biker is worse than the fiend imho

i suppose the biker qualifier helps but i'm still trying to run down the roster in my head

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

Some new trademarks were filed by some workers:

Charlotte applied for Ashley Flair (combination of her real name and ring name), and "The Queen of Wrestling".

Andrade applied for "El Idolo" and "La Sombra".

is it typical for non john cena/the rock tier wrestlers to apply for trademarks while under contract?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Intruder posted:

What if they get the title off Bray by having him come out in the sweater and be easily beaten

That would actually own

I think what will happen will be a version of this, where someone rips the mask off mid-match reverting him back to FunHouse Bray.The spot will then get repeated forever until we hate it.

It’s like in comics where Batman always beats Bane by ripping out his venom tubes or the X-Men beat Juggernaut by removing his helmet.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is it typical for non john cena/the rock tier wrestlers to apply for trademarks while under contract?

The only other one I can recall in recent memory was Luke Harper registering Brodie Lee last week...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I would be very excited to see La Sombra back and free.

Not sure where Charlotte would work outside of WWE, I guess by default AEW.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
AEW already has a Britt Baker

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Intruder posted:

AEW already has a Britt Baker
Charlotte is a lot better than Britt in literally every way

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I would be curious as hell how WWE would react if Charlotte just decided to leave one day and work in another promotion. Would WWE do nothing, or would they get incredibly spiteful and push another woman past 10x title reigns in record time?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I would be curious as hell how WWE would react if Charlotte just decided to leave one day and work in another promotion. Would WWE do nothing, or would they get incredibly spiteful and push another woman past 10x title reigns in record time?
do you really not know the answer to this, my friend

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

do you really not know the answer to this, my friend

It's Vince, and considering he welcomed Ric Flair back with open arms and from what I recall, wasn't too spiteful about Flair going to Impact/TNA for a bit, who knows.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

real talk though it’s smart spending a few hundred bucks to make WWE think you want to leave and dump an extra zero onto your contract offer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

real talk though it’s smart spending a few hundred bucks to make WWE think you want to leave and dump an extra zero onto your contract offer

It's definitely this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jesus WEP posted:

Yep. Really curious how much Orton's antics added to his new contract.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

It's Vince, and considering he welcomed Ric Flair back with open arms and from what I recall, wasn't too spiteful about Flair going to Impact/TNA for a bit, who knows.
i mean vince thought ric was too old in 1992 and let him go back to WCW so why would he care more almost 15 years later?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

I think when I really look at it for more than a few seconds I realize the thing that I dislike most about it is how the mouth is always agape. If it was just the teeth it might be .5% more intimidating or cool.

Soy face Fiend.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hola face Fiend, soy dad

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fiend should announce he’s not “the fiend” he’s “a fiend” and then like 15 fiends come to ringside like that old sting angle

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oldpainless posted:

Fiend should announce he’s not “the fiend” he’s “a fiend” and then like 15 fiends come to ringside like that old sting angle

the fiend admits his name is a reference to his addiction to nicotine and now smokes while wrestling

this culminates in him reprising the r-truth bit on the next euro tour

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Charlotte leaving (which won’t happen) would be a bigger get for AEW than Moxley in terms of what she represents in WWE.

It would be on a similar level as Roman, Becky or Brock leaving.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Intruder posted:

They already have Mustafa Ali

I assume there's a joke I'm missing here because otherwise :wtc:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julio Cruz posted:

I assume there's a joke I'm missing here because otherwise :wtc:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Charlotte is a lot better than Britt in literally every way

Lol their promo work is equally lovely but even then, Britt comes off as less of a robot than Charlotte.

And in-ring, Charlotte has declined quite a bit and while I'd say she's better right now, the idea that she's "a lot" better seems like a reach to me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol their promo work is equally lovely but even then, Britt comes off as less of a robot than Charlotte.

And in-ring, Charlotte has declined quite a bit and while I'd say she's better right now, the idea that she's "a lot" better seems like a reach to me.

Have Britt wrestle on Raw for a year or two and I'm sure she'll decline too

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

jesus WEP posted:

i mean vince thought ric was too old in 1992 and let him go back to WCW so why would he care more almost 15 years later?
It's funny watching KotR 1996 cuz the commentary makes a huuuuuge deal out of how Jake Roberts is somehow able to wrestle at the age of 40. Like I guess they were doing all the Billionaire Ted skits at the time, so they felt the need to over-explain a worker in the Huckster/Nacho Man age range, but they went way overboard and treated it like some inspirational make-a-wish thing.

But yeah exactly, Vince has always been very weird about his concept of "old people" onscreen, himself included.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Minidust posted:

Vince has always been very weird about his concept of

you can insert anything there and it's going to be true

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think if you took Charlotte out of the WWE system and put her into AEW she'd probably be better than almost all the non-joshi's right now (though Swole and Stat for sure have the potential to pass her).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Everything they've ever done, including letting Randy beat Lesnar's youngest Undisputed Champion useless stat tells me they'd do everything they can to make you forget Charlotte. And If she did leave that would be great. A Flair would rather be anywhere else making money for anyone else other than the WWE and for a McMahon.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Fiend belt keeps making me think of Spectre's ending in Twisted Metal 2 where the driver wishes for everyone on Earth to know his face and Calypso grotesquely turns his face into the sky.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wooow they did "card subject to change" on a frickin 60 minute show? How do you replace a Last Man Standing match with a 5 min match with one guy changed and a run-in DQ? Reminder, Vince says he hates promising matches he can't deliver.

How am I disappointed in Starrcade, my expectations couldn't have been set any lower

jesus WEP posted:

The Wyatt/Reigns tag team was the greatest thing that never really came to be

It coulda got Roman over in 2016, which is INSANE.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 2, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaise330 posted:

It coulda got Roman over in 2016, which is INSANE.

Summoning Roman to spear a dude to stop them from breaking up a pinfall is one of those things that will be burned into my mind forever

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

Wooow they did "card subject to change" on a frickin 60 minute show? How do you replace a Last Man Standing match with a 5 min match with one guy changed and a run-in DQ? Reminder, Vince says he hates promising matches he can't deliver.

He CAN deliver these ones, he just won't. Totally different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

It's a DQ finish in a Last Man Standing match. If anything, all they needed to do was have Rusev come in, beat Lashley with the chair, have KO win. They can't even do that. It's just to set up a stupid Chairs match at TLC