Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

They did a mist spot. During a pandemic. Where the virus spreads via droplets. :psypop:

I gotta admit that didn't even occur to me and... yeah, Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Dango Bango posted:

They did a mist spot. During a pandemic. Where the virus spreads via droplets. :psypop:

Are they even doing full testing yet?!

Of course they are! In fact, they're doing multiple tests to make sure everyone gets the "correct" result!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

don't worry it's green dye mixed into the sword spray

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dango Bango posted:

Are they even doing full testing yet?!

All Epidemic Wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

the kairi news sounds unfortunately very much like she wants to go on to her next stage in life outside of wrestling.

I missed the Kairi news somewhere, what's up?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

She's supposed to be becoming a brand ambassador to Japan or something

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ganso Bomb posted:

From Fightful/Fightful Select/411Mania and other sites:

quote:

Kairi Sane's status with WWE was pretty complicated as of last month.

Sane hasn't been on WWE TV since sustaining a cut to the head during a match with Nia Jax at the end of May, but there were already other plans for her at that time.

Many have been asking about Sane's contract status. That, we haven't heard, but as of May, there were plans for her to return to Japan and serve as an ambassador for WWE in Japan. We have been provided no details as to how that would have affected her in-ring career with the company.

We did ask if this role was to involve the long-rumored expansion into Japan for WWE and NXT, and were just told that there is no expansion at this moment due to the COVID-19 situation. We were not informed as to whether or not the original plans for Sane even got far enough to discuss that.

In the weeks that followed, many have gone radio silent about Sane's status with the company. Many want her to continue wrestling, and all of those we've spoken had positive things to say about her. To be clear, we are unsure of how this situation has developed over the past month.

Probably them realizing that they should probably stop putting her with people that keep on injuring her.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Great American Bash Night 1 Results 7/1:
  • Tegan Nox won a Fatal Fourway Elimination match to become Number One Contender for the NXT Women's Championship.
  • The order of elimination was: Candice LeRae (pinned by Mia Yim); Mia Yim (pinned by Dakota Kai); Dakota Kai (pinned by Tegan Nox).
i loving HATE how wwe patterns every single elimination match this exact way

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Of course they are! In fact, they're doing multiple tests to make sure everyone gets the "correct" result!

I wonder if it's an open book test.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

jesus WEP posted:

I mean... they booked Shayna Baszler strong at Elimination Chamber this year and eliminated everyone. Then she lost to Becky at Wrestlemania, lost Money in the bank, couldn't beat Nia Jax or Asuka in a triple threat match, and was last seen with back to back wins over Natalya 1 1/2 months ago.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Astro7x posted:

I mean... they booked Shayna Baszler strong at Elimination Chamber this year and eliminated everyone. Then she lost to Becky at Wrestlemania, lost Money in the bank, couldn't beat Nia Jax or Asuka in a triple threat match, and was last seen with back to back wins over Natalya 1 1/2 months ago.

So they gave her Ronda's UFC career, more or less.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

jesus WEP posted:

I fully expect Candace LaRae to pin Tegan Knox at some point in the next few weeks to complete the circle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

Shayna is currently offscreen because Vince doesn't like any of the ideas creative have come up with for her

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rarity posted:

Shayna is currently offscreen because Vince doesn't like any of the ideas creative have come up with for her
She was a "Paul Heyman" project and Paul got blamed for bad ratings so all his "Paul Heyman Guys" got reduced roles or cut entirely. I'm not defending Paul Heyman as some creative genius in 2020 but it's so petty.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when Ember Moon had a major achilles injury during one of the dumb random chase segments for the 24/7 title?

That was 10 months ago

She needs another major surgery on it; still doesn't know if she'll ever be able to come back https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/ember-moon-injury-update/

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Saurav Gurjar spoiled the double title match next week

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumor-spoiler-current-nxt-superstar-seemingly-spoils-result-great-american-bash-match-photo

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Astro7x posted:

I mean... they booked Shayna Baszler strong at Elimination Chamber this year and eliminated everyone.

The irony with this is it's very similar to what Vince booked for Lashley at December to Dismember when Heyman begged him not to. The match was garbage and Heyman was fired.

And now Heyman doesn't write Raw either.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

lol but it's the one thing wwe is doing right; starting to give every belt to Keith Lee woop woop

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/Bern4Bern/status/1278708415183847427?s=19

This should be fine

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

This honestly makes me want to watch it when I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

spongeh posted:

This honestly makes me want to watch it when I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Let's just make sure that Tony Schiavone doesn't read out the result on air and say "that'll put a lot of asses in seats"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

She was a "Paul Heyman" project and Paul got blamed for bad ratings so all his "Paul Heyman Guys" got reduced roles or cut entirely. I'm not defending Paul Heyman as some creative genius in 2020 but it's so petty.

I don't think they've gotten depushed simply out of pettiness. From what I've heard Heyman's mandate was to make new stars & they claimed to be willing to take a ratings hit to do so. And then suddenly Vince changed his mind & they simultaneously decided what they needed was Ric Flair back & Edge back & also Heyman was blamed for ratings being down. Despite that being part of his mandate. It's as much as anything just that Bruce Pritchard has no eye for talent & no new ideas so is just going to try what worked 2 decades ago. They have been depushed because Heyman is no longer in power & he's not in power because the priorities changed, now they really want to rescue the ratings today & are willing to sacrifice the future to do so seemingly.

And yes, it's not a defence of Heyman, dude was running some terrible poo poo like the cuck angles which I assume was him trying to modernise the Dreamer/Beulah/Kimona Wanaleya poo poo from 25 years ago. But Bruce Pritchard is somehow far worse.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lamuella posted:

Let's just make sure that Tony Schiavone doesn't read out the result on air and say "that'll put a lot of asses in seats"

I wonder if the WWE purposely leaked that spoiler in order to repeat history and win this "ratings war".

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hirez posted:

lol but it's the one thing wwe is doing right; starting to give every belt to Keith Lee woop woop

Time to see 6'0 Adam Cole burn the gently caress out in either Smackdown or Raw :shepicide:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

now they really want to rescue the ratings today

The last Raw Heyman was in charge:
1.737mil average
8PM 1.827mil
9PM 1.79mil
10PM 1.595mil

The most recent Raw Prichard was in charge:
1.735mil average
8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

Hey, at least they slightly saved 8PM. Prichard era a success confirmed

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if the WWE purposely leaked that spoiler in order to repeat history and win this "ratings war".

I thought this exact thing, but it seemed too :tinfoil: to post.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/PennLive/status/1278761664695984129

now they'll have to pick a different state to fly talent to to break quarantine

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

Pylons posted:

Turning a dial that gets further and further away from the northeast and looking back at my contracted talent for approval

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

1.737mil average
8PM 1.827mil
9PM 1.79mil
10PM 1.595mil

1.735mil average
8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

You've just had your effort post by rovert, congrats! (I don't follow him, it was RT'd by Voices of Wrestling)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

1.737mil average
8PM 1.827mil
9PM 1.79mil
10PM 1.595mil

1.735mil average
8PM 1.862mil
9PM 1.751mil
10PM 1.592mil

Hee-hee. Just saw this on twitter from someone who said "[they] saw this elsewhere". Didn't want to give ol' SA and CJ2 the credit.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

You've just had your effort post by rovert, congrats! (I don't follow him, it was RT'd by Voices of Wrestling)

Lmao that he still reads this place, probably looking for references to himself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In 2 more weeks they'll just have talent doing 48 hour road trips each way

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Honestly spoiling it will help them in the ratings, especially now that Cage/Mox is off next week. Same thing happened with Foley people will want to see Keith win myself included.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As far as silver linings go, if we all come out of this nightmare having realized its best to quarantine Florida for everyone else's safety that's something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

what if vince used his stolen xfl billions to rent hotel rooms near the performance center so that talent could stay in the "bubble" and not have to return to pennsylvania and quarantine??? it makes you think

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

KungFu Grip posted:

they dont make anything in house, so where would they get a giant nxt banner that said GAB in a weeks notice during corona virus pandemic.

My entire neighborhood is covered in lawn signs and banners that say like "happy third grade graduation MASON" with a picture of a Fortnite guy right now, I think the state that is famously wide open probably has access to some print shops

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vince calls himself a billionaire but he doesnt even have a wrestle island

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

forkboy84 posted:

gotta get the scoops somewhere

CJ2 is a pretty dang good place to get the scoops from, perhaps even #1

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ad by Khad posted:

gotta get the scoops somewhere

CJ2 is a pretty dang good place to get the scoops from, perhaps even #1

this is very rude to Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2