Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Lid posted:

what the gently caress is that decision

I mean it was a coinflip but there were some low hanging mitigating circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lid posted:

what the gently caress is that decision

double tapping someone in the balls is an excellent display of octagon control, in a way

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hmmm who was the more aggressive fighter.... well, one of them attacked the other guy's dick and balls. guess i'm gonna give him the rounds

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

what an upsetting fight. dude misses weight, proceeds to put most of his energy into destroying his opponent’s dick and balls, and still wins

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
BTW the current time is 3:48 a.m. in Abu Dhabi so this guy is fighting in the middle of the night, gets slammed in the balls twice, and then gets robbed. What a loving day.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah so why was Abu Dhabi so eager to book an event, that couldn't have an audience, in the middle of the night there?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Stealth Tiger posted:

Yeah so why was Abu Dhabi so eager to book an event, that couldn't have an audience, in the middle of the night there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportswashing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Lid posted:

BTW the current time is 3:48 a.m. in Abu Dhabi so this guy is fighting in the middle of the night, gets slammed in the balls twice, and then gets robbed. What a loving day.

at least he can go vroom vroom on the racetrack once his balls do down in size and he's still quarantining

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

at least he can go vroom vroom on the racetrack once his balls do down in size and he's still quarantining

lmao that poo poo probably costs what he gets paid for 3 fights.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This fight sucks

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
unranked heavyweights should never be booked for more than 1 round

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

unranked heavyweights should never be booked for more than 1 round

That or make em fight in something the size of a small bathroom.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i was under the impression marcin tybura had been cut from the ufc, maybe after this that will work its way into being accurate

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
lmao what the gently caress is happening?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i was under the impression marcin tybura had been cut from the ufc, maybe after this that will work its way into being accurate

he's a respectable 5-5 in the ufc coming into this fight

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
They really got some dregs in these undercard fights

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I miss freakshow fights sometimes. When a match maker would put one of these lumbering bad fighters against some 185 pound kick boxer and watch a giant man get kicked to death.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Oh, nice Bisping is commentating instead of Dominic Cruz?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Foul Fowl posted:

They really got some dregs in these undercard fights

Eh the first fight was good, the second was at least a solid dominant performance and the third was somewhat alright. This fight loving sucks though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

he's a respectable 5-5 in the ufc coming into this fight

beating struve by decision instead of KO should count as a loss imo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Brut posted:

lmao what the gently caress is happening?

Heavyweights, dude.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Heavyweights, dude.

Well yeah, but I meant specifically when Herb separated them for a nut shot (I think?) and then told them to start fighting and then they just...didn't.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Brut posted:

Eh the first fight was good, the second was at least a solid dominant performance and the third was somewhat alright. This fight loving sucks though.

The Khazikstani guy whose name I already forgot looks promising just needs skills and time to develop. Think he was 25 so there’s hope, especially since his takedowns looked solid, though lacking follow-through

And yeah first fight was amazi NG

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
lol I know I was just extremely over this fight. IMO they need to let heavyweights use IVs in between rounds, or smoke meth, or something.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

horrible fight

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
Heavies should just be allowed trt

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

how about we still test heavyweights for steroids, but let them do EPO

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Brut posted:

I missed the first fight and i felt bad for the loser in the second fight, that’s my least favourite kind of fight. And this one was horrible.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah. Forgot about Josh Samman being a thing. What a heartbreaking story :smith:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

rest his guts posted:

The Khazikstani guy whose name I already forgot looks promising just needs skills and time to develop. Think he was 25 so there’s hope, especially since his takedowns looked solid, though lacking follow-through

And yeah first fight was amazi NG

Zhalgas is 31

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I bet on tybura and was still bored as poo poo with that fight

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

LobsterMobster posted:

Zhalgas is 31

Yeah, scrap flyweight

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I hope Santos pretzels him

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

G-Hawk posted:

I bet on tybura and was still bored as poo poo with that fight

Idk if it’s fair to call it boring, definitely 1 sided, there was no question who was dominating that fight.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
dick kick island

edit:oh it was a poke

edit 10 minutes later:

DICK KICK ISLAND

Mr_Moose fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 12, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Foul Fowl posted:

I missed the first fight and i felt bad for the loser in the second fight, that’s my least favourite kind of fight. And this one was horrible.

Wait the "second fight" you're talking about is the one with the nutshots? cuz that was the third fight. Unless you mean you felt bad for the 10-7 record fighter who missed weight by 5 lbs being dominated :shrug:

Anyway my actual point is that Davey Grant vs Martin Day was a decent fight and if you missed it you should go back and watch it at some point.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

foul island is real, the eye pokes have been built, the groin strikes have been established, we are ready to go

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
wow some legit Weidman style spinning poo poo there

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
dick kicks, knuckle deep eye gouges, now we just need some top tier cage grabbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I miss the small cage.