Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Activating the NatDex now shouldn't unlock the postgame E4 until you activate postgame flags, so you're safe. I hacked in the NatDex to do an all-explosives team and it worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I got it working the harder way (thpoilerth for one future pokemon)

Though if the national dex doesn't break stuff like I was reading it does in FireRed normally, maybe I'll just do that also so Pokedex entries and stuff actually show up.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

If it's anything like FRLG were, you could also just import or hack in the evolved pokemon without it causing any problems (though they probably won't get registered to the dex), if you don't want to mess with the flags. I know I've done that in FRLG before with no problems. The game can handle the pokemon just fine, it just doesn't like you trying to evolve into them.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I was thinking about that, but ended up deciding it'd just take too much time to do. I'm only placing the first stage of all the postgame pokemon, so I'd have to import something like a hundred pokemon in to show all evolutions. I think I've got it working now though, so I've just got to spend a couple hours editing maps to get everything repositioned.

APOSTOL
Jul 30, 2014
We NEED more Ballrus! Okay, no, I'd rather see new fakemon, but that nickname is just too good.

Speaking of nicknames, we need more of them. If your Pokemon isn't nicknamed, do you really love them? I suggest renaming our Hornikel to Pumpernickel (dark type means dark bread :eng101:) and our Machu to Boltman after this monstrosity:

(I know Boltman is a dogshit name but I also know Machu needs a nickname. Someone please come up with a better one)

APOSTOL fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 12, 2020

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Vanderhuge

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

if he had a neon-striped hat and sunglasses he could just be The Machu Mon :v:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There's a Machu Pichu pun somewhere, but I'm not that funny

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

E: Wrong thread

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

The Machu Mon, Rondy Sovoge. SNAP INTO A SLIGGOO

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Well, the pun behind Machu is that it's Pikachu's head on Machoke's body (thus its japanese name, Gorichu.) Thus, I suggest we go one step beyond and go PIKACHAMP.

APOSTOL
Jul 30, 2014
Alright, Vangerhuge absolutely tickles me. I'm all for that. Rondy Sovoge is a near second

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Faillen Angel posted:

Well, the pun behind Machu is that it's Pikachu's head on Machoke's body (thus its japanese name, Gorichu.)

Well, now I wanna call it MachuPichu.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Quackles posted:

Well, now I wanna call it MachuPichu.

This name is too good not to use, seconded.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'll go with MachuPichu, then! I'll make sure to use Vanderhuge for someone else, though.

Also sorry for the delay in updating, I uh

may have caused some problems. Things will be running again soonish, I just need to work out what I actually did.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 15, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh good, MissingNo is in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's a lot of PP.