Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time for Arnold Schwarzenegger's WWF to enter 1999.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't have a graphic for this one because getting clean enough stuff for a Royal Rumble graphic will design philosophy is approaching a problem, and the real life graphic gives me no quarter either. Either way we are looking at the TEW 2020 stream to contain the go-home show for and the Royal Rumble as well as likely the post Rumble show with an eye towards the Last In Your House of the save on the way towards the Series Finale of WWF In Medias Res.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Royal Rumble 1999 is in the books and its time for WWF 1999 to approach the endgame with the In Your House: Last Stop on the docket in February.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It's the last In Your House of the save, World Champion William Regal and two mystery partners will take on Emi Sakura and Mariko Yoshida and the winner of the 1999 Royal Rumble, Owen Hart.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The end is nigh and it's time for WWF 1999 to approach it's endgame as it's time for the TVs to be booked leading to WrestleMania XV

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
good god drat i wish i knew how to operate this game i swear to god i feel like a dumb babby when the results come by.

also i started a game as roh and roh doesnt have any road agents so i went into the database and made some of the vets into road agents and they (along with delirious) are all awful and drag down like every segment.

jfc i just want to book a wrestling show lol

e: alright gently caress it im just ditching this and gonna start over with an impact or mlw save file or something. i really want to do a smaller company because itll be easier to manage, but gently caress roh is set up like a total joke of a company in this mod its because it is

shiksa fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 22, 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I started a C-Verse 2010 save game and I'm kinda struggling, shows are fine but wrestlers aren't really moving up the card. Pistol Pete Hall (the C-Verse equivalent of Stan Hansen) is the my current world champ and is retiring in a few months so that's not ideal but he's offered to put over Ashley Grover who is a fair way down the card. I just find it really funny because they are both doing cowboy gimmicks so I guess it can let Hall pass the torch to her.

shiksa posted:

good god drat i wish i knew how to operate this game i swear to god i feel like a dumb babby when the results come by.

also i started a game as roh and roh doesnt have any road agents so i went into the database and made some of the vets into road agents and they (along with delirious) are all awful and drag down like every segment.

e: alright gently caress it im just ditching this and gonna start over with an impact or mlw save file or something. i really want to do a smaller company because itll be easier to manage, but gently caress roh is set up like a total joke of a company in this mod its because it is

I think that they might not have added the experience stat which is important for road agents.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

what mod are you using?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Punch McLightning posted:

what mod are you using?

killing the business dec 2020 update. im scrapping the save before i get any more invested, i dont want to book for roh's fanbase i wanna do dumbass sports entertainment im going where i was always meant to be, the impact zone baby. impact has TONS of fuckin road agents!!!!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

shiksa posted:

killing the business dec 2020 update. im scrapping the save before i get any more invested, i dont want to book for roh's fanbase i wanna do dumbass sports entertainment im going where i was always meant to be, the impact zone baby. impact has TONS of fuckin road agents!!!!

So here are the things to look at/fix with the editor for road agents, Psychology and Experience. Both of these need to be above 70 to be any good really.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ok

i have my impact doc set up, i have 8 stories with a ton of ppl involved set up, got #1 contenders and the next couple matches in mind for all the champs, got all my tier levels set and a few new stables to start putting together. thats enough playing spreadsheet for the night.

this is the one

karmicknight posted:

So here are the things to look at/fix with the editor for road agents, Psychology and Experience. Both of these need to be above 70 to be any good really.

gotcha thx lol. that makes sense but hot drat this game is dense.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 23, 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

shiksa posted:

ok

i have my impact doc set up, i have 8 stories with a ton of ppl involved set up, got #1 contenders and the next couple matches in mind for all the champs, got all my tier levels set and a few new stables to start putting together. thats enough playing spreadsheet for the night.

this is the one

gotcha thx lol. that makes sense but hot drat this game is dense.

Experience is a new stat and I'd suspect that the mod database was converted as opposed to being created from scratch.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think what I want to do is fast forward the 96 database about 10 years, see where WCW is at in that time, and try to book the company around the fact that a lot of their stars with be retired/in their late 40s and early 50s and the AI is not good at elevating people.

But the fast forward will take FOREVER. Also I'm going to have to save it as a new database and start a new game because it's the only way I'll get to be booker of WCW in the game.

Update: I swear you could choose new worker frequency and date where they start appearing in the database edits but I can not find it.
Second Update: Ok it took about 3 hours to simulate 5 years. Let's see where the game world is at in 2001.

First off: This is kinda bullshit

Secondly: THIS...WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?!? HOW! That main event! I guess I was wrong about the AI not knowing how to elevate people.

Thirdly: This is slightly more sane. Slightly. Horrible, but within the realm of sanity.

Finally, let's see what's up in a competently booked wrestling company

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 23, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dean Malenko going over Warrior is possibly the best thing ever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Testekill posted:

Experience is a new stat and I'd suspect that the mod database was converted as opposed to being created from scratch.

gotcha gotcha. I'll take a look at the values in the db before I book any shows, thanks :) I THINK I've collected enough tips and tricks and still brute forced my way to some okay segments so far so this may be the one lol. I still need to get my head around the contract signing stuff but... that should be p straightforward once I get into it yea? lol I hope. I havent gotten far enough in a save for it to be relevant yet

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think 2020 is by far the most accessible TEW yet. I'm almost a year into a save as TCW in the base database and I'm loving it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Can you put the wrestlers to have child in this game.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Whoa, whoa. It's WrestleMania. WrestleMania XV means that it's time for the end of the WWF 1996 - 1999 save with the WrestleMania: The End of History and then simming the game to the next year.

Cavauro posted:

Can you put the wrestlers to have child in this game.

Oddly enough, maybe.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

shiksa posted:

gotcha gotcha. I'll take a look at the values in the db before I book any shows, thanks :) I THINK I've collected enough tips and tricks and still brute forced my way to some okay segments so far so this may be the one lol. I still need to get my head around the contract signing stuff but... that should be p straightforward once I get into it yea? lol I hope. I havent gotten far enough in a save for it to be relevant yet

My advice is to play around with the default database to get the hang of things, it's built from the ground up for 2020 and is actually balanced. It'll let you figure out products and how to run companies

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok folks, turned out I had messed with a bunch of settings in the 96 mod due to a prior observer game so I had to go fix everything and run another 10 year game for maximum authenticity. Let's see how things shook out.

First, WCW because honestly they didn't stray that far.
Let's see who their world champions have been.

Hogan being champion in 2006 is sorta WTF but less so when you realize this is only his second reign and his first in over a decade. It's a gold watch run. Really this list isn't that weird.

So yeah WCW almost kinda dull in how normal it i...

I said 'sorta' normal not 'completely' normal

So hey Roddy Piper and John Tenta are wrestling for the TV title. Good spot for them. Let's see how this turns out...

That's pretty good I guess time decline has been good to them.

OR NOT! Now I know a lot of TEW's mechanical philosophy revolves around the idea that lumbering old men can have lovely matches with each other while the fans slurp it up like it's the nectar of the Gods (aka 96-98 Monday Nitro) but these two are brains in a jar at this point. Well that and prior to 2020 going to into any amount of time decline would utterly ruin a wrestler, in 2020 they over-corrected and old wrestlers can just go forever.

How about the culture?

Checks out.

Ok this is way too real to be a simulation

Also this happened.

This naturally went pretty well for Meng

Ok let's see what's going on in WWE-land

WCW has poached most of WWE's main eventers (as they do) so naturally Vince has to get creative. And in this case 'Creative' means 'Give Jerry loving Lawler the title for drat near a year'. Christ. When Dean Douglas and The Sultan arn't the most suspect names on this list you know something got hosed.

How is the Sultan anyway?

The most popular wrestler in the United States you say? Also it merits noting that he's classified as a Comedy Wrestler so you have to imagine him doing his Rikishi schtick while dressed as the Sultan.

But wait, where is Steve Austin in all this? It's not like WCW can poach him (as he won't negotiate with Bischoff)
Oh he's around.

Not the best decade for old Stone-Cold. But at least he eventually got his job back.

Any random news?

Ok, which one is Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace? And the 4th guy is a random gen.

I mean he might not be any worse than any other politician in Tennessee. At least he isn't Beau James.

This is certainly a match that happened in 2006. WWE also has the Briscoes under contract so now we can have that Briscoes/American males match we always wanted.

Finally this was a mistake I made: I set WWE to have a women's division in the company profile but I did not activate the women's title so they've spent the last decade fighting over nothing. The division is also over half random gens. Here is a list, highlighting the most popular women's wrestler in the division (by a pretty considerable margin)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 24, 2020

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

OR NOT! Now I know a lot of TEW's mechanical philosophy revolves around the idea that lumbering old men can have lovely matches with each other while the fans slurp it up like it's the nectar of the Gods (aka 96-98 Monday Nitro) but these two are brains in a jar at this point. Well that and prior to 2020 going to into any amount of time decline would utterly ruin a wrestler, in 2020 they over-corrected and old wrestlers can just go forever.

Don't know what mod you're using, but what's their physical condition on the start date? I've noticed a lot of converted mods don't bother to adjust the physical condition of established workers to account for prior injuries and that tends to extend careers far past what the game intends. A Steve Austin with a 100 in his neck and knee condition can go pretty much forever.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Piper's were 60-70s, Tenta's were 80-90s.
But they both have 0 Athleticism and 0 Stamina now. Gods the stats in this game need a major retooling.
Also over the course of 10 years the game generated 800 random characters. I wanted random characters but not that many.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

have child.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Yes, this is also a magical world where the spawn of Tammy Sytch and Buff Bagwell exists.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I see WWE hired Randall Hitler.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't beleive ChrisBTY didn't fix it so that he's going by his canonical name of Randall That's A Choice.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

...Yup. I looked at the name kinda gobstuck but I couldn't think of anything stupid to change it to so I was just like 'Ok fine I'm making a billion adjustments right now and whatever enjoy your lovely horrible name'

He will not be with the company long.
Edit: But wait, if I just let him go he'll just go be Hitler somewhere else. No, no. I need to stop this. Now I could just remove his name (or him) from the database but what fun would that be? Now that I've had time to think...

Ok, my first instinct was to give him the intensely lame gimmick of "Johnny Ukulele, guy who plays the Ukulele" but let's look at our friend Hitler...

Ok, maaaaaaybe I don't want to give a Ukelele playing man gimmick to a black man. So back to the well. So I asked myself; who on this earth is the polar opposite of Hitler. Let's just get Randall here as far away from his namesake as possible....hmmmmm.

Of course.

Clearly a change is in Order

And a new name obviously

(It can be both a reference to Reading Rainbow AND Death to Smoochy why can't it?)

Also keep in mind this is a 'face' Childrens TV Show Host. 'Randall's Ring' seeks to teach the young children watching Monday Night Raw valuable life lessons about compassion, kindness and courage. This will in no way turn into a "Firefly Funhouse" thing when he turns heel.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 26, 2020

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm honestly surprised no one's finished a non-beta 80s mod yet for TEW. The current one from '85 is on hiatus, and that's the only one I know of based on the 80s.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 26, 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

yeah an 80's mod would be absolutely sick.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

Also keep in mind this is a 'face' Childrens TV Show Host. 'Randall's Ring' seeks to teach the young children watching Monday Night Raw valuable life lessons about compassion, kindness and courage. This will in no way turn into a "Firefly Funhouse" thing when he turns heel.

Hitler is not in the default database the comes with 2020, so whatever mod you're using made the decision to add that.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hitler is not in the default database the comes with 2020, so whatever mod you're using made the decision to add that.

Yeah. Karmic learned it made a few other lovely decisions as far as team names go too.
There's a second 'Hitler' in the game. I just gave him Ludwig Borga's image and called it a day on that one.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Which mod is it? I feel like yelling on the GDS forums.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Which mod is it? I feel like yelling on the GDS forums.

1996 dataset.

- - -

On an unrelated note, it's time for the beginning of something new. the 1996-1999 WWF save is over and done. Replacing it is AJW, but in 2020?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

And as Karmic learned there are some lovely team names in the database. I couldn't remember what the names were and I was dealing with so much database editing setting up the game I was just 'gently caress it, there are a billion names I can't comb through all of them looking for the 2-3 lovely ones. It'll probably never come up in any meaningful way'

The team name is (not a racial epithet, just crass and vulgar) Whore Force.
5 days into the goddamn save. In my own company no less.
Unrelated: It's called 'NXTW' because I tried setting up nXt in the database before the game began but for some reason it wouldn't accept developmental workers so I had to close it and open a new nXt but I couldn't use the old initials.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 29, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:eng101: When you end up with a dead company wearing the details of a company you want to exist and it's closed, you can just change the dead in the in game editor to Initials: XXX, Name: XXX to basically turn it into a null point in the database and reuse the name/initials.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

karmicknight posted:

:eng101: When you end up with a dead company wearing the details of a company you want to exist and it's closed, you can just change the dead in the in game editor to Initials: XXX, Name: XXX to basically turn it into a null point in the database and reuse the name/initials.

I probably should have thought of that, thanks.
And I think I mentioned something about this before; but in the 10 years the game produced something to the effect of 1300 CAWs. I deleted 800 of them before the game began.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 29, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

So, All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling 2020 is still in very much a place where I don't really have a handle on how the entire thing works just yet, so please help me figure this out with a roster comprised of spare parts and cool names I am aware of that have been undercooked by a mod maker that is focused on keeping up on the thousands of hours of wwf content a week.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

ChrisBTY posted:

And as Karmic learned there are some lovely team names in the database. I couldn't remember what the names were and I was dealing with so much database editing setting up the game I was just 'gently caress it, there are a billion names I can't comb through all of them looking for the 2-3 lovely ones. It'll probably never come up in any meaningful way'

The team name is (not a racial epithet, just crass and vulgar) Whore Force.
5 days into the goddamn save. In my own company no less.
Unrelated: It's called 'NXTW' because I tried setting up nXt in the database before the game began but for some reason it wouldn't accept developmental workers so I had to close it and open a new nXt but I couldn't use the old initials.

I'm honestly surprised that name wasn't in use in wrestling during the 00's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

ItohRespectArmy posted:

yeah an 80's mod would be absolutely sick.

It feels like there's too many takes on the mid 90s and the Invasion era of WWE. Someone just started work on an '84 mod, but the author says it could take awhile.