Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mozi posted:

drat dude you should have saved one and auctioned it off to Shkreli

Even as a joke, to compare us to Wutang is a sin.

Worst album:

Hanson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Even as a joke, to compare us to Wutang is a sin.

Worst album:

Hanson

Tell us the dang name, cock tease

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

St. Anger

Pink Bubbles Go Ape

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I withdraw my answer and endorse Honkin on Bobo

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

For some insane reason, someone got this for me in high school. Post 9/11 :wtc:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's 9/11 got to do with the smurfs?!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mercenarynuker posted:

For some insane reason, someone got this for me in high school. Post 9/11 :wtc:

Well, how is it?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's 9/11 got to do with the smurfs?!

Yeah I'm not really getting it either

They got it for me after the 2008 financial crisis!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I was reading it as "someone bought me a vinyl record of the Smurfs in loving 2002” or something to that effect

Vs. say now, when someone would absolutely do that ironically and it would be less weird than in 2002 when vinyl collecting was at its nadir

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Smurfberry juice can melt steel beams

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Heath posted:

I was reading it as "someone bought me a vinyl record of the Smurfs in loving 2002” or something to that effect

Vs. say now, when someone would absolutely do that ironically and it would be less weird than in 2002 when vinyl collecting was at its nadir

Mostly that it was like 4 decades after the record was released. The only song I "remember" is Smurfing Beer

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

mercenarynuker posted:

Mostly that it was like 4 decades after the record was released. The only song I "remember" is Smurfing Beer

Record and upload your rendition of Smurfing Beer entirely from your own recollection

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I remember there being a thing in early 2000s internet where people were like "Papa Smurf is a Communist!!" like if you read between the lines you'd realize the Smurfs are Soviet propaganda

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

kazr posted:

Record and upload your rendition of Smurfing Beer entirely from your own recollection

I miss frequent, unruly mod challenges.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Madonna "Her Name is Just Madonna"

yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Name aside, that album cover just looks like it's going to be the most boring, generic, lifeless music ever. Even the way the guy looks, and his name, are incredibly generic. It's probably him singing 'soulfully' while playing the acoustic guitar or the piano or some poo poo.

I'm going to look up some songs of his, I'm going to have egg on my face if it turns out Grant Miller is a synth hardcore band or something

e: lol gently caress it's eighties synthpop

e2: he's aged really well if that's a recent album

e3: in retrospect I should have paid more attention to the album's name, I now have egg all over my face

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 24, 2020

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I remember doing mushrooms in the early 2000s and coming home in the wee hours of the morning to discover that some sort of Aerosmith VH1 "Legends" or "Behind the Music" thing was on tv. I dont like Aerosmith and it was an insane 2 hour glimpse into the decadent world of 90s Steven Tyler and Joe Perry. They must have been recording the great Honking on Bobo at the time because they went in depth re the meaning, the recording process, the blues etc and did some impromptu scatting and harmonica playing . I cant believe anybody else in the whole world was thinking about HOB in 2020 but God bless you. I actually finally got around to listening to some Honkin after ~20 years of giggling about that dumb interview its about as funny as I imagined it sounding.

The album "White Power" by African American rapper Eldorado Red might be one of the worst titles in recent memory. It was a reference to the amount of cocaine he purported to sell and I believe he was arrested for a gang related murder shorty afterwards so it could be his decision making was not great at the time in his life.

BhindiBhaji Boogie fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 24, 2020

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008

Heath posted:

Well, how is it?

Bland and weird?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERKd_VYwhyg

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I cannot stop laughing at Honkin' On Bobo and as soon as my husband comes home from work I'm going to tell him about Bobo so I think it's Bobo.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Phlegmish posted:

e: lol gently caress it's eighties synthpop

e2: he's aged really well if that's a recent album

e3: in retrospect I should have paid more attention to the album's name, I now have egg all over my face

It's italo disco. The songs are from the mid 80's to early 90's.

Pretty catchy if you don't pay too close attention to the lyrics.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

captainclaw posted:

Bloodhound Gang's Use Your Fingers album.

I just remembered I love this album so much that I have its artwork on a t shirt

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

mobby_6kl posted:

What in the gently caress is ummagumma

Umma gumma yo mumma

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i love the band and the album and even the album name, but “Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness” is a bit of a mouthful, especially with songs like “Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth”

also the goon parody song album with the title based on GAIBS4v1 was pretty funny iirc

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

What in the gently caress is ummagumma

Ummagumma is a great fuckin album.

e: Syd joke removed. too soon.

Star Me Kitten fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 24, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Havent there been several bands who’ve put out multiple eponymous records? Those.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

Havent there been several bands who’ve put out multiple eponymous records? Those.

Well that's one way to make it harder to pirate your album.

I always figured if I was a musician I'd be called UNKNOWN and my album would be called UNTITLED just to make it a real pain in the rear end to obtain my wares.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Verily, however these albums are all dope as gently caress.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

The Beatles aka the White Album aka the one with nothing on the cover is a pretty pretentious title/cover idea. Lucky for them the music was good and the Beatles were awesome.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Drink-Mix Man posted:

The Beatles aka the White Album aka the one with nothing on the cover is a pretty pretentious title/cover idea. Lucky for them the music was good and the Beatles were awesome.

The Beatles sucked IMHO. They had like one good song.

Manuel
Sep 11, 2001

food court bailiff posted:

i love the band and the album and even the album name, but “Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness” is a bit of a mouthful, especially with songs like “Willing Well III: Apollo II: The Telling Truth”

also the goon parody song album with the title based on GAIBS4v1 was pretty funny iirc

Bad Apollo, I'm Burning Fart IV - Volume Two: No Butts for LMAO

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Beetles? Never heard of em

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Star Me Kitten posted:

The Beatles sucked IMHO. They had like one good song.

Flaming hot take

Flaming Hot Take is my next album title, please don't steal

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
How many pages and still no Icky Thump

Blarg!

Also Orgy's last album "Punk Statik Paranoia"

Also fugluly art on cover.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It's kind of hard to see but the title is "My Balls and My Word".

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Manuel posted:

Bad Apollo, I'm Burning Fart IV - Volume Two: No Butts for LMAO

I still listen to this regularly.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

BIG BEAR DOIN THANGS

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'm on phone and can't gently caress with imgur right now, but I've Already Loved You In My Mind combined with Conway Twitty on the cover always creeped me out when I'd see it in used record bins. Like, no man or woman could possibly be flattered to hear that coming from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Flaming hot take

Flaming Hot Take is my next album title, please don't steal

I am already drafting pictures for the cover.