Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

People from portland love complaining about seattle; the superior city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

seattles cool

Have you been in the last 15 years? It’s different

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

People from portland love complaining about seattle; the superior city.

Portland sucks too in many of the same ways Seattle does tho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

as someone who moved to this area for a tech job and never goes outside i can say i'm an expert on the pnw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

as someone who moved to this area for a tech job and never goes outside i can say i'm an expert on the pnw

I’ll be earnest for a brief moment and say that Portland and Seattle both have a lot going for them. It’s just the problems are rife everywhere and the willingness to take action that might address those problems isn’t present and won’t be as long as tech keeps widening the gulf between people who can enjoy what pnw has to offer and people who cant. I tend to be hard on Portland and Seattle because they could be so much better, and also because Seattle is just a bigger and lamer Portland with worse food but that’s beside the point

You should go outside though. No reason to live in a place where outside is so pleasant without getting out there.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't actually have an issue with Portland, I just like heckling all the PNW posters. The PNW is absolutely gorgeous. None of you should move here though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Portland also has that really good vegan donut shop @_@.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

no one will admit it but Detroit is good. affordable, lots of good food, the people are very friendly and also has the chillest sports fans.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Doe donuts? I had it without even realizing it was vegan and didn’t notice if that’s the one you’re talking about

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Doe donuts? I had it without even realizing it was vegan and didn’t notice if that’s the one you’re talking about

No, voodoo doughnuts.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

No, voodoo doughnuts.

Lol

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Just don't put Minneapolis on the list because it's no good.

Detroit is good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Laughing Planet kicks rear end

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't actually have an issue with Portland, I just like heckling all the PNW posters. The PNW is absolutely gorgeous. None of you should move here though.

everyone should move to pacnw imo. no one should live elsewhere

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

the northeast is the awful seat of american power filled with assholes and industrialized terrain, and is my home

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

everyone should move to pacnw imo. no one should live elsewhere

This is the worst idea I’ve ever heard

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Actually it might not have been voodoo, this place was 100% vegan. Voodoo still serves nonvegan things.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
what're the best cities for public transit, i bet it's china/east asia in general

they're horrible for cycling though, are there cities other than amsterdam that went all in on that

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Doe Donuts is good, Portland is awesome

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

Doe Donuts is good, Portland is awesome

Yeah that’s got to be what Anime Is Trash had. Like I said when I ate there the first time (back when it was on 82 and Powell) I didn’t even know it was vegan and didnt notice at all. It’s really solid.

Portland on the other hand. Well I guess I’d rather be here than most places but it’s still hard to call this town awesome most of the time.

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
Kaohsiung Taiwan is often looked over in this category but it's a really fantastic place with oodles of festivals, beaches, tropical weather and an embarrassing density of good looking people

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Portland still has a lot of high points, but lets be honest, the city has fallen apart especially after COVID. After travelling, it is hard to come back, the those in power are doing their best to kill the city once and for good.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Jul 23, 2022

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Los Angeles is a car ridden hellscape, but it is pretty cool culturally if you actually go beyond the westside. Don't worry, however. Soon, the entire city will look like Santa Monica when all of the ethnic enclaves are priced out to the inland empire.

Beijing is basically evil LA without any of the chill vibes.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

hitlerton

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

New York City. The tap water is untouchable, and it's really easy to buy pizza, something which is unfathomable for most of the planet. The NYPD is also the size of a standing military force for most nations, which reduces the crime rate and ensures property values rise unperturbed, great place to invest or raise children..
the pizza is good and yes the tap water is true. it's really good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
oh wow portland has donuts???? lmfao. MOMMY VOODOO DONUTS. go gently caress yourself

Forceholy posted:

Los Angeles is a car ridden hellscape, but it is pretty cool culturally if you actually go beyond the westside. Don't worry, however. Soon, the entire city will look like Santa Monica when all of the ethnic enclaves are priced out to the inland empire.

Beijing is basically evil LA without any of the chill vibes.

i dont go west of la brea. THANK YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

oh wow portland has donuts???? lmfao. MOMMY VOODOO DONUTS. go gently caress yourself

it’s a modest treat but it’s much better than a beignet, which was a waste of stomach space that could rather have accommodated just about any other delicious food in New Orleans.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

mawarannahr posted:

it’s a modest treat but it’s much better than a beignet, which was a waste of stomach space that could rather have accommodated just about any other delicious food in New Orleans.

new orleans owns

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

i dont go west of la brea. THANK YOU

Hey look buddy just because you live in eternal freeway hell and spend five hours a day commuting between the grocery store and your house doesn’t mean you can just Willy nilly mock the joy that is well made vegan donuts :mad:

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Portland still has a lot of high points, but lets be honest, the city has fallen apart especially after COVID. After travelling, it is hard to come back, the those in power are doing their best to kill the city once and for good.

yeah portland sucks now. everyone should fire sale their houses and move

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lmao @ this I had the same reaction and then saw your post

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smythe posted:

dont care what an ugly fat guy from LA has to say about the world

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

if you want donuts, boston has like 5000 dunkins

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Providence and Portland, ME also cool, go new England baby pats #1

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
white plains, yonkers, buffalo- basically ever city in ny. the heartland of empiure

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

mila kunis posted:

what're the best cities for public transit, i bet it's china/east asia in general

they're horrible for cycling though, are there cities other than amsterdam that went all in on that

copenhagen

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

mila kunis posted:

moscow

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

just to be clear that's for public transport, if you cycle here during commute hours you will probably die

good for cycling also: stockholm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
LA also has Dunkin Donuts, but they're rare and mid as hell.

Thank your local indie Cambodian owned donut place for their service. If the donut isn't in a white or pink box, it's trash.