Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jAsip3zJJY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zebra Cakes and Cosmic Brownies is like god cumming in your mouth when you're super loving faded.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

zebra cake is god tier no doubt but that waxy film it leaves in your mouth makes me wonder... am i eating toxic waste? regardless of the answer the cake is delicious. but is it ethical? i will have to pray on this one.

Tork Monkee 4 Life
Feb 4, 2009
Donut Sticks and Banana Twins were pretty tasty back when i was in high school. and could tolerate the sugar.
:v:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

#1 Hostess (just because of sno-balls)
#2 Bimbo, like Hostess and LD but better.
#3 Li'l' Debs I guess?

Although if I had to eat a gas station brownie-style confectionery or die, I guess it'd be a cosmic brownie, because I recently learned that what I thought was "I don't like walnuts because they taste like pennies and make your throat itch" is actually what they call a "food allergy"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Debbie makes the best of the little powdered donuts I've found

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

V Nasty was so much more talented than any of the White Girl Mob, it's ridiculous. I adore Kreayshawn but she doesn't hold a candle.

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
It all tastes fake and gross and bad :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's why everyone likes it, you can't get authentic fake so easy these days

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOnMzNN1hU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Debbie makes the best of the little powdered donuts I've found

They used to sell them in bread bags when I was growing up and now it seems you can only get them in the weird top opening packages (or the really small packs of course). Something about the frailty of the bread bags pulverized the donuts juuuust enough in transit that they were softer and more delicious than they are now.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Its been too long since I had some Little Debbie snack cakes. There's a McKee Foods plant not too far away and they have an outlet store where they sell most types of their cakes. I gotta go visit it soon

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwwz20RULg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LuckyCat posted:

They used to sell them in bread bags when I was growing up and now it seems you can only get them in the weird top opening packages (or the really small packs of course). Something about the frailty of the bread bags pulverized the donuts juuuust enough in transit that they were softer and more delicious than they are now.

I got a memory like an elephant and have no memory of these bread bags wtf

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder how little Debbie stays so skinny eating all those cakes. She need a little jiggle. :hai:

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Finding it difficult to admit in GBS that Lil Debbie and her contemporaries are low key awesome.

It’s me, the 40 year-old.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
All them snack cakes are gross

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The real winner is Dolly Madison cinnamon rolls

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

paging cumshitter to the thread

I don't think that's going to work

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

why pregnant women love cosmic brownies

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

unrelated, i like me a strawberry roll every decade or so

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

why pregnant women love cosmic brownies

waving a cosmic brownie above my head and whistling so that the hidden pregnant women will show themselves

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Luvcow posted:

waving a cosmic brownie above my head and whistling so that the hidden pregnant women will show themselves

hopping on her shoulders and dangling the cosmic brownie in front of her all the way to work, every morning

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nothing says economic collapse like the appearance of Mrs Freshlys in the pantry where Little Debbie’s used to be.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

hopping on her shoulders and dangling the cosmic brownie in front of her all the way to work, every morning

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I got a memory like an elephant and have no memory of these bread bags wtf

Similar to this

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I grew up in the land of Drake's and Entenmann's but also Little Debbie. As a tiny kid the best were Sunny Doodles and Drake's [coffee] Cakes but as an adult the best might be Nutty Buddy. I can eat many of them.

But you all need to step your game up. It's 2022.

These are surprisingly good. Yeah I was high the first time I had them, but they are good. I was first struck by how they didn't taste like a million preservatives and the PB creme is pretty tops. They are big, too.

These aren't as good, maybe, but they are real good. Maybe the closest approximation to eating an actual piece of cake among all snack cakes. Not overwhelmingly artificial.

Oh yeah they have the ice creams based on all of their snack cakes. This is just one of yhem., But they do honey bun, cosmic brownie, and strawb swiss cake roll flavor. They aren't supreme poo poo, but I was surprised at how the ice cream itself actually seemed to be of good quality. Ok thanks for reading

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Hollismason posted:

Marinela Pinguinos are really where its at

Living in the south now I've had the chance to try some of these and they have largely been incredibly waxy or dry. Are there any good ones? :c00lbutt:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wilkins Micawber posted:

But you all need to step your game up. It's 2022.

This packaging is what I mentioned on page 1. They sell oatmeal cream pies and Swiss cake rolls in Big Packs still. The contents are “big size cookies/cakes.” So they still make the size you remember from childhood!!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

LuckyCat posted:

Similar to this

Yeah. The issues with these were if they they were fresh they would all mash together and you'd get a super awesome donut cake that your parents got pissed at you for making.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNa8QbMElI

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Bad Purchase posted:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I bought cosmic brownies and ate one, or maybe it was two packaged in one plastic wrap. Anyways. It or they were fine

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I agree, but I can't help but be shaken by the word "creme".

Oreos, little Debbie, whatever, it's always disturbing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

I agree, but I can't help but be shaken by the word "creme".

Oreos, little Debbie, whatever, it's always disturbing

it's made to distinguish it from "cream", which means it needs to make certain dairy handling restrictions in most states.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

https://youtu.be/GNnxl65Ulc8

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

do not bring cosmic brownies with you to cosmic bowling night, it is NOT safe

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

it's made to distinguish it from "cream", which means it needs to make certain dairy handling restrictions in most states.

And also to differentiate itself from Wu-Tang Clan.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Who What Now posted:

I had a Star Crunch last night for the first time since I was in high school and goddamn that's a good cookie. The caramel was soft and the rice crispy and crunchy with not too much chocolate. I always get a Christmas Tree Cakes around Christmas, which are better Zebra Cakes. Oatmeal cream pies are bangers too. Little Debbie owns, I don't even give a poo poo that it's 90% corn syrup. What's y'all's favorite Little Debbie or other snack cakes?

peanut butter version of oatmeal cream pies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the only time i made it to the last question on hq trivia they asked the name of the girl on the little debbie logo. i got it wrong ;(