Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Matinee posted:

There are certain sensorial pleasures in this life that just demand to be done all at once.

Hey pal, take it easy. *clings your caviar fork away with the other caviar fork*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Microdosing caviar over a 7 hour period. :munch:

same but mango habanero wings

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

same but mango habanero wings

Just get a hot sauce bottle and lick drops out of it. Cut out the middleman between you and flavor. :munch:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

other people can eat these so we might put these in the middle of the table and then you can just slide the plate over to keep them away:

cheese blasters
onion pals
old uncle puds
1996 Pontiac Fiero Hubcaps

this whole plate is yours don't worry about it:

jammin' pammin' shrimp scramblers
a hambuger with cheese
a hamburger without cheese
ladies salad for the girls
breakfast soup available all day

we're gonna ask again later just remember which one and we'll talk about it:
cake
pie
sorry forgot to mention fish was an option for the last one

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Big Beef City posted:

Why do the british call what they serve 'food'?

Quite a long time ago, on The Daily Show with Craig Kilborn, Kilborn asked John Cleese why British food sucks. After a few moments, he irritably answered "We had an empire to run, we couldn't waste time on food!"

ManBoyChef posted:

One food please.

appeteasers....:argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

SLOSifl posted:

other people can eat these so we might put these in the middle of the table and then you can just slide the plate over to keep them away:

cheese blasters
onion pals
old uncle puds
1996 Pontiac Fiero Hubcaps

this whole plate is yours don't worry about it:

jammin' pammin' shrimp scramblers
a hambuger with cheese
a hamburger without cheese
ladies salad for the girls
breakfast soup available all day

we're gonna ask again later just remember which one and we'll talk about it:
cake
pie
sorry forgot to mention fish was an option for the last one
ill take half an order of cheese blasters and if you have any new uncle puds that would be great. any chance you can make the ladies salad but for the boys???

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

any chance you can make the ladies salad but for the boys???
nope sorry ma'am

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t think I’d like jalapeño poppers and now I like jalapeño poppers after trying them!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Please do not bring me the sampler version off of the app menu. What am I supposed to do with two shrimp and three boneless wings?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Please do not bring me the sampler version off of the app menu. What am I supposed to do with two shrimp and three boneless wings?

surgically graft them onto your body and enjoy your near imperceptible physical advantage over your adversaries

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Oh Don Piano posted:

surgically graft them onto your body and enjoy your near imperceptible physical advantage over your adversaries

Cheese curds 2077

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Suck the caviar directly out of my fishhole

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm already hungry, these make me less hungry

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I don't call them appetizers, OP. I call it the food I eat before the real food gets here.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I want dim sum

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I specialize in canapé menus and I've learned that you can never have enough fried prawns

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I learned the same lesson, except with Outback Steakhouse's menu and Bloomin' Onions

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Gonna get a bloomin onion uber eatsed to my house because YOLO

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Soukuw posted:

"Disposable Income"

For the record though I loving love appetizers but they always make me cringe a bit when I buy them. Someone needs to make a restaurant that's nothing but appetizers but they're fairly priced.

My collegetown had tons of places that had ridiculously cheap appetizers during happy hour, we'd all go there and just have meals entirely of appetizers and 30 cent chicken wings.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Tunicate posted:

My collegetown had tons of places that had ridiculously cheap appetizers during happy hour, we'd all go there and just have meals entirely of appetizers and 30 cent chicken wings.

I used to work at a country club, and on Fridays we offered free appetizers in the bar. Stuff like tacos, stuffed potato skins and such. It started out pretty normally, with chafing dishes on a nicely decorated table in the bar. However, the members of the club turned out to be hungrier and greedier than we thought. They started meeting the serving staff carrying out the replacement trays in the hallway, before we could get to the table to resupply the chafing dishes. They would raid the trays, and there would be nothing left for the table in the bar. They were coming out farther and farther until eventually they were meeting the servers at the kitchen door and were raiding the dishes before the servers could even get fully into the hallway.

The manager decided to end the free appetizer program when there was a shoving match, a server was knocked to the ground, spilling the entire load of appetizers and dislocating his wrist. Members were PISSED that he had the temerity to cancel a program they loved.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Tonight I went to an Italian restaurant and the menu was all in Italian. It wasn’t impossible but ultimately more effort than it was worth the decipher.

The owner had a very broad Yorkshire accent so I’m reasonably sure he wasn’t actually Italian.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i believe its uber eaten to your location, but i'm not a professional.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the first date i ever went on with a girl was a coworker at shoprite and we went out after work ended at like 8 and we drove around for an hour in my mercury sable so we could get half priced app's at applebee's and when she offered to pay i let her. later she asked if she could kiss me and i said yes. i was wearing UFO pants. :smith:

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 29, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

did anyone say "appletizers" yet

because that's what they should all be called. regardless of whether or not they have apples. that's my 'pinion

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

the first date i ever went on with a girl was a coworker at shoprite and we went out after work ended at like 8 and we drove around for an hour in my mercury sable so we could get half priced app's at applebee's and when she offered to pay i let her. later she asked if she could kiss me and i said yes. i was wearing UFO pants. :smith:

lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
apps in my gapps

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Genesplicer posted:

country club members turned out to be [greedy]

you dont say

When I worked on yachts doing mostly finger food type menus I'd get some greedy fuckers just waiting below deck at the entry to the galley. I'd typically be polite and say stuff like "why don't you join the rest of your party at the bar?" They've just upgraded their spirits package - and the like.

More often than naught they'd just be like "nah mate waitin on more of them prawns I'm starvin' as"

Which like, fair enough but they'd end up snagging like 5 or 9 coconut macadamia crusted prawns before the server could even get out to the actual deck where the party was. So then whoever the secretary or EA who organized the event would see some sloppy platter of prawns coming out and start counting thinking we've under-served.

I mostly had fun on the boats though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

this rules actually