Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

american eggs require fridging to reduce the chance of hideous disease

American eggs need much, much less refrigeration than people imagine. I learned this from a roommate who came from a small egg farm. The eggs were kept on top of the fridge in that apartment, and zero eggs went bad. Now, I refrigerate most of the eggs when I buy 5 dozen at a time, though.

e: We load balanced eggs when I was growing up, because that was how Mom did it. Why? She didn't know, so she asked her mother. The explanation was that our great-grandmother's fridge had a broken shelf.

Flyball fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 3, 2022

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008
No but you are legally required to cut the box in half and throw away the empty portion when youve used 6 of your 12 eggs.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

yes

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bad Purchase posted:

old hens, running the world... a new cage

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I actually do do this, yeah. My thinking is always something like "if someone were to grab this by the end with one hand, will they be surprised by the odd center of gravity and drop it?"

But it's always just me grabbing the eggs, so this is really more about how I don't seem to trust the intelligence or reflexes of my future self.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i grab your eggs sometimes and appreciate the thought

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Captain Splendid posted:

I think you mean there are 6!

no, there are a lot more than 6 and i dont care how excited you are about it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
balance deez haha gottem

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I use the Indiana Jones method of replacing each egg with a carefully weighted stone.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
I dont buy eggs for the home op, but I do that with beers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Hello Machine posted:

I dont buy eggs for the home op, but I do that with beers

everyone laugh at this tard who doesnt eat the most convenient and delicious at-home food known to mankind

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Chinatown posted:

everyone laugh at this tard who doesnt eat the most convenient and delicious at-home food known to mankind

this thread is about eggs not toast op smdh

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i buy hard boiled eggs from costco lol

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

cool(???) thing i just realised

the store near my apartment sells eggs in packs of 9 in a 3x3 square, and it turns out that it's possible for any number of eggs to be arranged symmetrically, which is not true of a pack of 6 eggs. look

⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤◯⬤    ⬤⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤◯

⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤
◯◯◯    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯◯◯
⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤

◯◯⬤    ◯◯⬤    ◯◯◯
◯⬤◯    ◯◯◯    ◯⬤◯
⬤◯◯    ⬤◯◯    ◯◯◯

Which numbers of x/6 eggs do you think cannot create a symmetrical arrangement?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Devils Affricate posted:

Which numbers of x/6 eggs do you think cannot create a symmetrical arrangement?
...any odd number? Remember that symmetry along the horizontal axis is impossible if it has the standard egg carton hinge lid.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 4, 2022

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Splicer posted:

...any odd number? Remember that symmetry along the horizontal axis is impossible if it has a lid.

Why am I supposed to remember something that isn't true? I mean if you want to add that to the initial requirements, then sure.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

cool(???) thing i just realised

the store near my apartment sells eggs in packs of 9 in a 3x3 square, and it turns out that it's possible for any number of eggs to be arranged symmetrically, which is not true of a pack of 6 eggs. look

⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤◯⬤    ⬤⬤⬤
⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤⬤    ⬤⬤◯

⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤
◯◯◯    ⬤⬤⬤    ◯◯◯
⬤⬤⬤    ◯⬤◯    ⬤◯⬤

◯◯⬤    ◯◯⬤    ◯◯◯
◯⬤◯    ◯◯◯    ◯⬤◯
⬤◯◯    ⬤◯◯    ◯◯◯

that is neat, thank you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i hope everyone with the egg diagrams isn’t just visually balancing the eggs, but actually weighing them to ensure a good distribution. won’t do you any good to create two symmetric rows of eggs if each of the eggs on one side weighs 10 grams more than the other side.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I used to load balance but my wife didn't like it so I stopped

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

why do you keep the unfertilized embryos of another species in your fridge? pin them to your front door like a trophy

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

also lmao if you don't snack on those eggs and finish them off before you even get home from the grocery store. $1.50 hot dog and 3 dozen eggs is a nice little pick me up that u can get at your local Costco when it opens tomorrow at 10am and you should be able to "house" them before you get out of the parking lot

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dukberry posted:

why do you keep the unfertilized embryos of another species in your fridge? pin them to your front door like a trophy

How could you possibly know OP isn't a chicken?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Speleothing posted:

I used to load balance but my wife didn't like it so I stopped

"load balancing" is what I call loving my grad students on the lab bench.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
lol OP only eats 2 eggs at a time. OP is an ant

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Oh god no, this came today for all my egg storage needs:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Ok sure, but have you considered the fact that

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
The foot knows where it is because it knows when it is.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i dont re-arrange the eggs in the carton to load balance them but I do just grab random ones instead of going down the line. sometimes this leads to balanced loads, other times not.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wonder if its possible to put an egg in your rear end without breaking it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Mr.Acula posted:

It came out of an rear end without breaking, didn't it? Egg laying must be symmetric under time reversal otherwise we might as well throw all our physics textbooks out the window and start wearing top hats.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

goin' in aint goin' out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mr.Acula posted:

:goatsecx:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i dont eat eggs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mooey Cow posted:

It came out of an rear end without breaking, didn't it? Egg laying must be symmetric under time reversal otherwise we might as well throw all our physics textbooks out the window and start wearing top hats.

it's a bird rear end so it's different. someone do a experiment

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

pickled eggs are extremely tasty

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jillian poo poo posted:

this thread is about eggs not toast op smdh

You ever put eggs ON toast?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why is fish roe called roe but bird roe is called individual eggs? doesn't seem right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Mr.Acula posted:

I tried, and my rear end didn't break.