Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

KitConstantine posted:

Prolly come combination of mild/spicy/smoked paprika onion powder garlic powder thyme black pepper salt msg

Edit: it is *kickin* chicken so maybe also cayenne and/or mustard powder

its loving magic and you cant find that on an ingredients list buddy

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

if im doing a beer can chicken i like to use salt, pep, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, chipotle powder, and cinnamon for a rub

you gotta watch it though ive had more than one catch fire on the side, but the crispy skin with that flavoring is soooo good

and the beer makes it so moist

The fat content makes it moist

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

KitConstantine posted:

Prolly come combination of mild/spicy/smoked paprika onion powder garlic powder thyme black pepper salt msg

Edit: it is *kickin* chicken so maybe also cayenne and/or mustard powder

From the Weber website:

Onion, Salt, Garlic, Spices, Red Pepper, Orange Peel, Sugar, Red Bell Pepper, Paprika Extractives (Color).

:shrug: about the “spices” though

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

From the Weber website:

Onion, Salt, Garlic, Spices, Red Pepper, Orange Peel, Sugar, Red Bell Pepper, Paprika Extractives (Color).

:shrug: about the “spices” though

God dammit I forgot sugar. The orange peel and chunks o pepper is fair play I hadn't seen the spice in the bottle

Seriously if you are wondering why your chicken dont taste as good as the restaurant the answer is some combination of "add sugar" and "more salt"

Or possibly "add vinegar" but that's more for soups/sautees/finishing braises

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

KitConstantine posted:

Seriously if you are wondering why your chicken dont taste as good as the restaurant the answer is some combination of "add sugar" and "more salt"

Or possibly "add vinegar" but that's more for soups/sautees/finishing braises

:hai:
For takeout-style Chinese food, the answer is almost always a splash of Shaoxing or sherry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
graphite powder