Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Methanar is on the run from ICE and people giving him moving tips are accomplices to his crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

The problem with constantly moving to avoid your problems is that regardless of where you go you still have to look at your face in the mirror each morning

I’d spend the money on personal therapy OP

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
OP should re-watch Howl's Moving Castle before it becomes his reality

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sophy Wackles posted:

Methanar is on the run from ICE and people giving him moving tips are accomplices to his crimes.

Insane Clown Energy is not a crime, despite the associated shame.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Detroit isn't in Tennessee either

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Michigan is closer to Chicago tho

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Someone needs buy this goon a map

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Earwicker posted:

i have a good friend who grew up in knoxville but spent a lot of his adult life in like chicago and nyc, and when the time came that he felt he wanted to live closer to home he chose to move to asheville nc instead of going back to knoxville because its only an hour away so he can be there to take care of his mom but not live in tennessee.

depends what you are into. nashville really does have a great live music scene if you are into rock, blues, or country. a lot of the countryside is beautiful. chattanooga has a decent aquarium.

I considered doing this too but i also have family in Asheville just my brother and parents live in knoxville. But we would make that trip every summer to stay with my grandparents. It's closer to 2 hours drive but still pretty close. That drive is kinda scary though lol I40 through the gorge is crazy with all the tractor trailers. Anyway. Asheville is EXTREMELY expensive for housing though. Also most of nc from what i understand is conservative. Not Asheville though, it's full of dirty hippies. My aunt used to call them the crunchy granola people (i miss her)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mostly lol at all the posters in this thread answering OP in good faith.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's OK. I live near Knoxville and as mentioned, the area is beautiful, and the people are...well, what you expect from a state that banned drag and has a state congressman who groomed a girl fifty years his junior into becoming his wife. It's kinda telling that my friend group is mostly people that moved there for science jobs in Oak Ridge or cheap housing. I mean, it's not really that bad, especially in the city areas, but there's a reason Knoxville is very high in how many churches it has.

I dunno, I like it well enough that I still live here. I had friends that escaped to CA, and that was nice the couple times I visited them, but also out of my price range and too crowded for my tastes. I'm probably just gonna stay here and chill and enjoy life until I'm murdered or something. Any time I need culture I can always visit GBS.

So yeah, you should move to a deserted island in the middle of the ocean so we never have to read your posts again OP.

P.S. VOLS BITCH

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Caesar Saladin posted:

I moved from australia to Knoxville 25 years ago for three years and i thought it sucked poo poo, everyone was fat and gross and all the restaurant were garbage chains and it seemed like the only modicum of culture that existed there was college football. Maybe its better now I dunno. Also i was 8.

Knoxville was pretty different in the 90s. It's a lot more local restaurants now (the food is actually really good and there's tons of variety) and the downtown area isn't falling apart anymore ala the simpsons episode with the wigsphere. Also there's lots of places to drink if you are into that, 8 year old wouldn't be aware. Also that was right around the time UT won the national championship so everyone was at peak vol at the time

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Peak Vol killed my daddy!

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
I live just south of Knoxville, and of course the rural areas are pure hillbilly white trash racist fucks, but at least Knoxville does have some good stuff hidden away. Went to Temple last night (local knoxville goth night basically) and saw Voltaire live for the first time after missing his show like 10 years in a row. Good to see the community is still strong with them and had a great time.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Walker Tennessee Ranger

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

Mostly lol at all the posters in this thread answering OP in good faith.

Posting in this thread has been brought to you by the Tennessee Board of Commerce.

The Volunteer State - a great place to live! Ask about our relocation grants today!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
If you are seriously thinking of moving to the south, I recommend Northwest Arkansas. Great scenery, all the amenities, great food, beer, activities. It’s a little more expensive if you live in Fayetteville or Bentonville proper but there are lots of cheap places to live on the outskirts.

It’s substantially more diverse now that it was 100 years ago too. Yes, Springdale used to literally have whites only billboard outside of town 50 years ago but the KKK has since retreated to their homeland a 100 miles East in Mountain Home and North East AR.

If I could work remote anywhere in the US, I’d probably move back there.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
have you considered north dakota or possibly montana?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I hear East Palestine is pretty nice

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If you think about it I'm actually sort of a great guy. I'm going to love tennessee, and you know what, tennessee is going to love me too. Thank you goons.

Bandulu
Aug 25, 2008
Tenneseein' is Tennebelievin' !

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Saltpowered posted:

If you are seriously thinking of moving to the south, I recommend Northwest Arkansas. Great scenery, all the amenities, great food, beer, activities. It’s a little more expensive if you live in Fayetteville or Bentonville proper but there are lots of cheap places to live on the outskirts.

It’s substantially more diverse now that it was 100 years ago too. Yes, Springdale used to literally have whites only billboard outside of town 50 years ago but the KKK has since retreated to their homeland a 100 miles East in Mountain Home and North East AR.

If I could work remote anywhere in the US, I’d probably move back there.

Is this where boggy creek 2:the legend continues was filmed? Are you Crenshaw

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I love being in Memphis, but it feel completely separate from the rest of Tennessee. We have a really good LGBTQ and goth community. The rest of the state is pure CHUD.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Most of my knowledge about Tennessee stems from listening to Three Six Mafia so I'd start there OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAHZ4KZH2P8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLfGYbcGz7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YVvMfXXG7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qDDyEJnhxQ

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The mayor of Knox County in Tennessee is the wrestler Kane.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
He could just move to Chicago and get some bin laden weed though.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

wesleywillis posted:

He could just move to Chicago and get some bin laden weed though.

Three different kinds of weed all grown together

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Three different kinds of weed all grown together

They don't know nothing about that poo poo down south

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Seems like a bad idea unless you are white, male, christian, and straight.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Seems like a bad idea unless you are white, male, christian, and straight.

good news

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Methanar posted:

good news

You're none of those?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Methanar posted:

You guys are selling me on Tennessee.
Sounds very wholesome and true American.

What do the words "wholesome" and "true american" mean to you, exactly, OP?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

What do the words "wholesome" and "true american" mean to you, exactly, OP?

hardworking people
value family
white picket fence outside of a nice house
outdoorsy
soul food

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol at being a weeb but for 1950's white Americans

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Methanar posted:

hardworking people odd jobs to be able to afford oxy and fentanyl
value familyfentanyl
white picket fence outside of a nice house to keep the non-whites out
outdoorsy sleeping outdoors because you're homeless
soul fat people food

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I say this as a mixed race person from Alabama: The south blows lmao

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Why do you always have such a negative attitude and feel the need to punch down.

I want to hear about the good parts. The southern accent is cool and the people are victims of their government.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You gotta be trolling right

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

watch out you're gonna get a paystub in your PMs

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MrQwerty posted:

lol at being a weeb but for 1950's white Americans

You should know better than to generalize millions of people based off of your weird mental caricature.

grow up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The South loving sucks OP. There is a real good reason that the worst 10 states in pretty much every metric reside there.