Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Elviscat posted:

The Good Idea Farie and the "Good Idea" Farie are very different Faries.

Yes and no.

The "Good" Idea Fairy

"..."

The "Good" Idea (or "Good Idea") Fairy is related to the Good Idea Fairy (as shown previously). Once they are crapped out, they come when anyone needs an idea. If you ask what kind of idea, they will reply a "Good idea". They all think their ideas are good.

Now normally in the fairylands when you get cases of identical creatures, one with good advice and one with bad, one always lies and the other always tells the truth so you do the ol' "Tell me what the other person would say" gambit. That doesn't work here. They're not good and bad, they're good and incredibly stupid.

Which shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you too, are incredibly stupid and can't tell the difference when presented with an idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'd like one, please.
But I hope she's not gonna want Frankie to share their bathing booze or they're just gonna end up fighting. :ohdear:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I'd like a seelie anxiety fairy please!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I actually work in supply chain also and people in sales not understanding how we can't just magic more components out of the air is the bane of our lives. Could you draw me the Z80-XX75 secure touchpanel cover fairy please?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We got Seely we got Unseely, Can we get an unseemly fairy?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want a fanciful fairy lad

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Do fairies ever bring stoats?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I'd love either the Bird Fairy or the Book Fairy, please, whichever strikes your fancy!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

biblically accurate angels can have hands, depends on the angel

I was thinking about what a biblically accurate fairy would be but then realized it's sort of a contradiction? And then I remembered the exploding fairy isz from The Maxx.

Fairy Isz

*pop!*

Fairy Isz are not native to the Awful Fairylands. When their original homeland unravelled, the fairy relocation services picked them up and delivered them as refugees. Fairy Isz explode when not in water, but the atmosphere of the Fairylands is enough to allow them to maintain composure and pressure.

As the first reaction to the high fairies were "What the actual gently caress are these things?", the Fairy Isz were shipped off to live with the goblins and trolls who found their appearance "interesting" and in some cases, "quaint".

It's generally not known exactly what they do or what their purpose is, but some fairies have pointed out that if they're already doing what they're supposed to do then just leave them to it, and if they're not doing what they should be we should be grateful.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you make me a new fairy riding around blasting stuff in a Mechwarrior I'll cross post it to the battletech thrread

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fairy Isz is terrifying, turn it to paste my warrior Maxx.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'd like a fairy, but one of the alien, creepy European folklore ones

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
There is only one kind of acceptable alien and that's of the xenomorphic variety.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got a fresh batch of weird rear end fairies

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yet not a single rear end to be seen

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sophy Wackles posted:

I want to be a ferryman.

Presenting the Ferry Fairy!

"It's less community service and more repaying a debt."

Fairies are naturally immortal but that doesn't mean they are free from the perils of aging. Once into adulthood, fairies must earn their time. Failure to achieve anything of significance (the definition is tricky but fairy law is another thread entirely) will eventually bind the fairy into Neitherworld Services until their debt is repaid. You might suggest that fairies are too small to row a boat to ferry a mortal soul onward, but souls don't take up much space once you get rid of all that mass of meat.

"It's not the worse job," says the Ferry Fairy, "I only have to deal with souls like myself -- unremarkable people who did nothing of note. I mean I don't get to keep company with anyone interesting but at least I'm not on the Ship of Divine Comedy. The damned are forced to do stand-up comedy the entire way, it always sinks on the same joke and only the Captain and the 'funniest' soul make it to their destination. The others? Washed back to store to do the whole thing again."

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I got a fresh batch of weird rear end fairies

Most...awakening

e: Ohh Yeah!
May I also have a fairy?
Perhaps a little insectile?
tia

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Yet not a single rear end to be seen

Where's the rear end Fairy?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Smik posted:

Presenting the Ferry Fairy!

What about the Fieri Fairy?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Spazzle posted:

What about the Fieri Fairy?

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The fairy king of Flavortown!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan Ferry Fairy?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Fairy Cross The Mersey.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm not really familiar with the man, I take it he got older based on a cursory Google search.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Dr.Smasher posted:

A fairy that enjoys pizza rolls and vodka & tonics

I was drawing a blank on how to approach this for a bit (depression doesn't help) but thanks to today I think I know the perfect fairy.

The 420 Fairy

"heh..."

The 420 Fairy is almost a cryptid because she only ever shows up when significant amounts of cannabis is involved. It's rumoured she brings snacks and additional fun-time favours, but considering you have to be pretty high to summon her in the first place the testimonies of those witnessing her are questionable at least, even though she leaves plenty of evidence of her presence.

The problem is said evidence -- various wrappers from things like snack foods such as pizza rolls, and empty bottles -- could just as easily been brought by one of the participants who might not remember where they came from in the first place. Generally speaking she's one of the most helpful fairies there are, and she doesn't mind in the least that people aren't sure if she actually visited them.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Any chance of a cat fairy?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

I'd like a money fairy, but I guess that's just the tooth fairly if you have a lot of teeth.

So how about a tooth fairy to bring me lots of teeth?

The Toof Fairy

"TEEF!"

The Toof Fairy normally only visits babies in order to give them their first teeth but if you got the protein powder and cheese, they've got the time. As one well knows, fairies love dairy products, but the Toof Fairy also needs the protein powder which is more difficult to obtain in Fairy Land since the trolls and ogres tend to horde it.

Just don't ask where they get the teeth (or "teef") from.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Trixie Hardcore posted:

May I have a fairy Smik? I want a fairy so bad.

Of course. You want a fairy that's so bad? You can have the "Bad "Fairy!

"Shut up I'm evil."

This particular fairy thinks she is extremely bad, never mind the fact she's got a skirt made up of daisy petals. You can tell she's bad because she's decorated herself with many stylized skulls. If you don't tell her she's bad she'll threaten to do things like make your milk sour or mess up your hair while you sleep. Just don't get too upset because then she'll apologize, realize that bad fairies don't apologize, and then she freaks out. If she freaks out, she'll probably fill your dryer with all the objects lost in dryers in the past year, conjure up a pile of beautifully made left-shoes (only the left ones), or turn your sour milk into sour cream.

Don't let her have your coffee; you'll regret it.

It's the main character from my old web comic. She wasn't very good at being evil in it either

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Uberskooper posted:

Can you please draw a fairy with a giant scoop for picking up dog poo poo? An uber skooper.

The Uber Skooper Fairy

"FML."

As stated previously, fairies have to earn their immortal years and failure to do so can result in some unfortunate jobs. One such job for the larger individuals in the Fairylands is being the Uber Skooper. Decked out in hazmat gear, the Uber Skooper Fairy has to pay back their wasted years by scooping all the poop in the fairy lands. While most fairy creature poop is pretty small, they also have to deal with dragon poop. While yes, they do have poop-related magic to assist, it's still one of the worst jobs to get tasked with and only the shittiest of fairies are assigned it.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Das Boo posted:

I'm fae material. I feel it in my skelebones.

The Bone Fairy

"Drink plenty of milk."

Most fairies don't like crawling through the remains of deceased creatures, but the Bone Fairy is not like most fairies. Skulking about along the ground or hovering just a short distance above, they search for suitable bones to use as raw material. They bless the ground where they find the bones, causing the soil to become more fertile. The Bone Fairy is a critical component to the creation of new life within the Fairylands. It's not the most glamourous of work but the Bone Fairy doesn't care, they like what they do and don't care what you think.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Pronoun fairy?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm imagining a fairy that distributes weird fetishes to people who spend too much time on the internet at a formative age.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm imagining a fairy that distributes weird fetishes to people who spend too much time on the internet at a formative age.

That isn’t how it works?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My fetisches were handed to me by a mystical lady in a lake.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Junk posted:

i think this is it. the worst thread i have ever seen.

You get the Threadshitter Fairy.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha!"

There you go. Nobody asks for the Threadshitter Fairy, they just show up. I mean I suppose every thread has at least one.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
NGL I was low key expecting it to be making GBS threads spools of thread

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

NGL I was low key expecting it to be making GBS threads spools of thread

Well poo poo yeah that would have been better.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Their eternal hell task is to attempt to spin poo poo into gold.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Smik posted:

You get the Threadshitter Fairy.

"Ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha!"

There you go. Nobody asks for the Threadshitter Fairy, they just show up. I mean I suppose every thread has at least one.

I love his GOTTA poo poo FAST look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

I spent most of my life being called a "loving fairy" so I don't know if that makes me one of the fairies in the thread or what.

This is the loving Fairy.

"Yup."

He fucks. Usually things larger than fairies. Hence he is the loving Fairy.

Roughly translated to "An ethereal individual with proportionately massive gonads".