Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Any team can beat the chargers

Except the Vikings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Lol saints you useless bastards. Had them on the ropes and then hosed it all up

Also there’s something deeply satisfying about the “Air’s thin up here” Broncos going to the “air’s thick as hell down here” Miami and getting thrashed so badly it set records

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Lol ravens

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

early slate was so fuckin good today. football kicks rear end. hell yeah

It started out slow then just completely drunk. Pure entertainment.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

hello everyone the Miami Dolphins are on pace for 736 points this season

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

is that good

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Harlock posted:

I'd say the horse is out of the barn for the Broncos but Elway already left the front office
:golfclap:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

epic bacon posted:

hello everyone the Miami Dolphins are on pace for 736 points this season

The Tennessee Titans are on pace for 7.36 points this season.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Thoughts on the 1pm games:

Jerome Ford is alright.

Still no idea how that ref called Cooper out of bounds, like the most unambiguously bad call in history, but luckily it didn't impact poo poo.

Refs hosed the Ravens. I'm not as concerned about the facemask as I am the no-call DPI. Like I get that refs don't like to call DPI on pivotal end of game plays like that, but that doesn't mean you straight up ignore obvious DPI just because it's the last two minutes.

Colts and Ravens are both cowards for not attempting 70 yard field goals when given the chance today.

Broncos Country, let's die.

Also wtf happened to the Broncos defense? I thought the offense was their problem?

Edit:

Also the Browns defense is really good it seems. Maybe the best we've had since '99. This offense is still bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wilderthanmild posted:

Also wtf happened to the Broncos defense? I thought the offense was their problem?

Edit:

Turns out Ejiro Evero is probably a pretty good DC and Vance Joseph.... not so much.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Refs did gently caress the Ravens but we have zero room to blame them. They had two short fields in overtime. One fumble lost in our own end. One fumble when it looked like we might run away with the game. Dropped pass near the end.

Part of it is injuries. We are down all three rbs AGAIN. But not nearly all of it. No reason we couldnt get the one or two first downs we needed.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

abelwingnut posted:

the dolphins' offense might be the best i've seen? they look even more lethal than those crazy patriots teams.

I mean it's only week three and they're a bit jankier than at least my perception of historically elite offenses, but the run game coming along like it has seems like a big deal, especially when you end up with Achane looking like a threat to score every time he has the ball in his hands:

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1706015842452853194?s=20

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 24, 2023

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
so, uh, dolphins

what the gently caress

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Al Davis would be furious that the raiders aren’t Team Go Fast if he weren’t busy being dead and spinning in his grave about the Vegas move and state of the team

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

DC Murderverse posted:

Al Davis would be furious that the raiders aren’t Team Go Fast if he weren’t busy being dead and spinning in his grave about the Vegas move and state of the team

I like to think he's looking up at the Dolphins today and smiling his famous smile

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
https://twitter.com/gmbuddyboy/status/1706027527221707056?t=382zVu6t-AQEmBcRTbjaFA&s=19

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I am unreasonably annoyed by the Dolphins not kicking the field goal to set the record for most points in NFL history.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

Thoughts on the 1pm games:

Jerome Ford is alright.

Still no idea how that ref called Cooper out of bounds, like the most unambiguously bad call in history, but luckily it didn't impact poo poo.

Refs hosed the Ravens. I'm not as concerned about the facemask as I am the no-call DPI. Like I get that refs don't like to call DPI on pivotal end of game plays like that, but that doesn't mean you straight up ignore obvious DPI just because it's the last two minutes.

Colts and Ravens are both cowards for not attempting 70 yard field goals when given the chance today.

Edit:

Also the Browns defense is really good it seems. Maybe the best we've had since '99. This offense is still bad.

Defense is an afterthought in a Sean Payton led team.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kull the Conqueror posted:

It's all good, guys. The Walmart Failson Braintrust is gonna turn things around any season now

Can't believe Condoleeza Rice is involved in something this disastrous.

Papercut posted:

I think they got here by spending 6 years making really stupid front office decisions

Of course, but thinking they were one offseason away every year is the common thread.

They're stuck paying Russ and Payton, so let them tank command and turn over the GM + the rest of the roster.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Did they choose not to retain Evero or did he want out. Cause so far he’s really looking like the engine that made that unit work at all

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Docjowles posted:

Did they choose not to retain Evero or did he want out. Cause so far he’s really looking like the engine that made that unit work at all

He’s friends with Hackett and didn’t like the way they did him in

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Are the colts better or worse than we think?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Are the colts better or worse than we think?

Colts look surprisingly good compared to pre-season expectations. Lots of issues still, but I think Steichen is gonna lead a pretty scrappy team pretty far in a weak division. If Jags can't right the ship on offense, Colts have a good chance for the div.

Sort of like last years Giants I guess, except they had a way tougher division.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Got off the plane and immediately hit with a text message ruining the end of Colts Ravens. Doesn't matter, Lamar always plays like poo poo in bad weather so I'm going to guess it was that.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I was right not to believe in the brain trust who thought that Josey Jewell and Alex Singleton is a reasonable linebacker corps in the NFL.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How smudge is Hackett secretly feeling after seeing that Broncos score?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/1706072418010239276?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Broncos, easily

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

The first ever NFL negative score game

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

the stoppable force vs the moveable object

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hughmoris posted:

How smudge is Hackett secretly feeling after seeing that Broncos score?

His offense scored 10 points today, don’t imagine he’s feeling too smug.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Scotty_G6/status/1706060254306271410

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

:sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

Flex that poo poo to Monday Night Football.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

That's incredible. It's like their offensive plan was just to defend against him, and it totally failed. The fact that he dsaw what they were doing and made them get a delay of game by refusing to let them set us just icing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I dunno what to tell you, Garett Bolles. Maybe sign a contract with another team? Nobody is forcing you to stay in Denver.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

That’s really not true though.

He’s also held a bunch of people.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When was the last time a team scored 70 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz