Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS MOX 2 3.64%
TOA VS ADAM 15 27.27%
MR. WARDLOW VS KOMANDER 2 3.64%
KYLE VS CHRIS 3 5.45%
TONI VS TAYA 4 7.27%
SWERVE VS ROB 29 52.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

We Got Us A Bread posted:

AEW Discussion for 1/31: TBS Schiavone Moustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Welcome to Mr. Wardlow's World

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I really hope they run with Mister Wardlow, it just felt right. He looked great in the match too, just tossing Komander around, though the knee scare was rough. I'm starting to believe in him all over again.

Yes. He announces Ospreay ahead of time, Mone and Okada are surprises for the show proper. A classic misdirect.

Can't imagine Okada not ending up in AEW. Yeah, it is absolutely the dullest choice and he may have more fresh colours to paint with in WWE, but you also know they'll treat him like a demi-God.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jeroen posted:

Can't imagine Okada not ending up in AEW. Yeah, it is absolutely the dullest choice and he may have more fresh colours to paint with in WWE, but you also know they'll treat him like a demi-God.

The Fed sucks so AEW is actually the better choice for Okada.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Highly doubt the Fed will treat Okada like a demigod.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i have no idea what to expect from hechicero vs. bryan danielson, but i saw everyone get really excited and now i am also

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
I mean, you look at Okada's entrance during Forbidden Door and you just know that Tony and the bookers GET IT. In WWE he'd have the Wrestlemania carrot dangling in front of him but I'm always cautious they don't repackage him as Mitsubishi Nintendo or something

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Asuka is probably the best-booked Japanese wrestler WWE has and she's like 0-4 at wrestlemania. Okada's peak in WWE would be a better than average match for the runner-up "Not Roman Reigns" championship

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

can't wait for the gigantic 3D dollar bill at Wrestlemania

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He'd also get some straight rear end for a theme from Def Rebel.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The bang bang scissor gang is too stupid to be real

And yet

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Pylons posted:

He'd also get some straight rear end for a theme from Def Rebel.
Everyone has straight rear end from def rebel. If he's a heel he'll end up with a choir, too

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tampa Bae posted:

Everyone has straight rear end from def rebel. If he's a heel he'll end up with a choir, too

ohhhhhh
ohhhh
ohh
kada

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
AmDrag vs a random lucha should be pretty good but I'd really like to see him face Infinito

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Moné is going to debut riding on Okada's shoulders with dollar bills raining from the rafters and they're going to form a unit called the Monémakers

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Tampa Bae posted:

meeting wrestlers when they aren't performing and learning they're just as weird as goons are that happen tv is always such a whiplash. also seeing them irl and learning that hardly any of them are as tall as tv claims they are

I saw Satnam Singh wrestling on Dark a few years back and he seemed even bigger in real life. Couldn't get over how big that man was

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Alaois posted:

Moné is going to debut riding on Okada's shoulders with dollar bills raining from the rafters and they're going to form a unit called the Monémakers

Book this.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ohhhhhh
ohhhh
ohh
kada

If that was akin to Christian's old operatic theme, you might be on to something.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

*to the O’Reillys auto parts jingle*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ohhhhhh
ohhhh
ohh
Ohh-kadaaaaaaaa

Money clip

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Senator Giroux posted:

Money clip

:hmmyes:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Money clip

gently caress, this was exactly the laugh I needed to start today off right. Genuinely, thank you.

Tampa Bae posted:

Asuka is probably the best-booked Japanese wrestler WWE has and she's like 0-4 at wrestlemania. Okada's peak in WWE would be a better than average match for the runner-up "Not Roman Reigns" championship

I should know better, but I had to double-check for myself, because surely she's won at least one 'mania match, right?

Nope. :sigh: She lost to Charlotte at '34, she and Kairi dropped the tag titles to Bliss and Cross at '36, at '37 she dropped the title to Rhea, and at '39 she failed to beat Bianca. That's...genuinely depressing.

For 'fun' I double-checked Mercedes as well, since she's the other big Wrestlemania loser among the women. 0-5, ugh. :sigh:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

They knew what they had with Asuka and Mercedes and yet never felt the need to actually use them right. Mercedes getting out and succeeding in Japan (and hopefully now in AEW) is cathartic because looking at her title runs and stories, especially when compared to the other "horsewomen", is frankly insulting. Becky/Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley is another great WWE success story of taking wrestlers that are cool and making them lame geeks because they were too interesting, with the great addition of Charlotte falling victim to the classic Vince Overpush. Ugh.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

They knew what they had with Asuka and Mercedes and yet never felt the need to actually use them right. Mercedes getting out and succeeding in Japan (and hopefully now in AEW) is cathartic because looking at her title runs and stories, especially when compared to the other "horsewomen", is frankly insulting. Becky/Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley is another great WWE success story of taking wrestlers that are cool and making them lame geeks because they were too interesting, with the great addition of Charlotte falling victim to the classic Vince Overpush. Ugh.

It's because WWE is a racist company.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Money clip

aaag

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Money clip

Hey man what the gently caress

lmfao

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The "wrestlemania moment" is a unit of time, usually less than 45 seconds, indicating the precise length of all your offense before Baron Corbin pins you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This guy is so mad he got wrecked.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1753070715065229465

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this guy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

How did the CMLL guys look on Rampage?

they looked good, without spoiling things too much it was less a high flying showcase and more of a goofy match where each luchador got a bit of shine. none of them looked bad and it appears they're going to be brought back in the future.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ace of the world

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

ace of the world

Guy gets his rear end kicked so bad he needed four guys to come save him and the fanboys still call him the ace of the world.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Desperately need Takeshita to beat Jericho and escape both him and Callis this month

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Debut Evil Uno looked like he was 300 pounds, he was a thick man. I don't know how worked UFC heights/weights are but there's no goddamn shot Miro was the same weight class as brock lesner

i don't think there's any rumors about ufc fudging weights (fights often do get cancelled/changed due to someone failing to cut for the weigh-in), but they're hard to compare to wrestling weights or anywhere else for that matter. fighters do some pretty extreme stuff and the weigh-in isn't representative of their walking around weight.

im not very familiar with brocks mma career buy with no weight classes or actual athletic competition, wrestlers are free to get as big as possible with water-swollen steroid muscle that isn't really useful in a fight anyways

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

Desperately need Takeshita to beat Jericho and escape both him and Callis this month

I think he should stay with Callis it's a very cool act.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I think he should stay with Callis it's a very cool act.

Only if Callis, too, can escape the all-encompassing orbit of Jericho. Let Takeshita run rampant away from Jericho after this and then he can square off with Kenny if/when he comes back in a year or whenever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Only if Callis, too, can escape the all-encompassing orbit of Jericho. Let Takeshita run rampant away from Jericho after this and then he can square off with Kenny if/when he comes back in a year or whenever.

You want him out of Jericho's orbit and back into the orbit of the guy he beat months ago, sad!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Takeshita's Oni mask loving kicks rear end and the second he's in the ring he's one of the most compelling people on the roster. Guessing Kenny's injury messed up some plans that they're shuffling around so things got a little wonky there.

I would like to see him get some kind of title here soon; maybe after the pape the path to that will be a little more clear. Like Takeshita vs Eddie? Cmon, that'd kick rear end.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
in a year and a half or so Takeshita is going to hit Callis with a jumping knee and the roof is gonna tear off the place. it’ll rock

throw Takeshita and Callis at Orange Cassidy for a while after Roddy wins the belt. or Eddie. or Mark Briscoe and FTR. or Rush. many opportunities!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

While I don't want Kyle Fletcher to lose another match so quickly, I really want to see him in the Copen at some point. That match would be really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DeathChicken posted:

Rob Van Dam being pretty much the only ECW guy to not wind up dead or otherwise wishing they were dead is impressive

Well, I guess Stevie Richards ended up okay too

It's worth mentioning that Masato Tanaka is not only still active, he's still in phenominal shape. Man's a medical marvel