Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
SWERVE VS HANGMAN 61 82.43%
STORM VS VELVET 0 0%
BCC VS CMLL 4 5.41%
JERICHO VS TAKESHITA 3 4.05%
STING AND DARBY VS BILL AND RICK 6 8.11%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I'm so disappointed in Sting :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sydal/Mistico is a potential banger.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Saucer Crab posted:

Hanger will never be a heel to me. :colbert:

I'll boo his rear end in his hometown. this is Swerve's house

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hangman is still the main character of AEW for me but I have no problem with him playing the heel to further push Swerve up the card.

I mean he's pretty justified here; Swerve threatened his family and even broke into his house. I'd wanna mess up that dude's life, too!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

graph posted:

disagree. it would look insanely bad to do that to someone who arrived like 3 weeks ago

What? Actually having deonna win would be the change up here, usually the new talent comes in gets a program, loses and kinda disappears. She's worthy of taking the title and again, Storm and her character do not and imo never needed the belt to do fun stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

What? Actually having deonna win would be the change up here, usually the new talent comes in gets a program, loses and kinda disappears. She's worthy of taking the title and again, Storm and her character do not and imo never needed the belt to do fun stuff.

We just had a new talent debut, win every match and then win the title last night, we don't need a repeat of that story in a few weeks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

A Fancy Hat posted:

Hangman is still the main character of AEW for me but I have no problem with him playing the heel to further push Swerve up the card.

I mean he's pretty justified here; Swerve threatened his family and even broke into his house. I'd wanna mess up that dude's life, too!

Yeah, after everything that's happened I think he's earned running heel for half a year, specially if it pushes Swerve into being more of a tweener. Love the Hanger, but running solo doesn't quite suit him longterm, so this letting him reunite with the Bucks also helps. Anxious Millennial Cowboy turned Corporate Shill is pretty relatable. He could just whip out the hybrid he bought a while back and go "BOY DO I LOVE THAT I BOUGHT A TESLA. I LOVE TURNING ON SELF-DRIVING MODE IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS."

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I hope the EVPs are not planning on washing those suits any time soon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
HEYW HAT THE gently caress THEY'RE HIDING ALL OF FENIX'S FLIPS TO NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY BUT NOT ON DYNAMITE

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1755588542250766469

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Amazing show with two all time great matches to start and end it.

Big Bill and Darby pulled off the coolest Bossman Slam I’ve ever seen, gonna be thinking about that one for a while.

Bucks’ white suits getting stained with blood is a hell of a visual and whoever came up with that one needs a raise.

They probably got the idea from the age of the fall doing it to the briscoes in ROH

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hangman blowing off Swerve after the match and then shouting “YOU LOST” like a deranged Willy Wonka as he walked up the ramp was all so loving good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MorningMoon posted:

HEYW HAT THE gently caress THEY'RE HIDING ALL OF FENIX'S FLIPS TO NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY BUT NOT ON DYNAMITE

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1755588542250766469

Forget Sasha or Okada, this is the biggest AEW signing of 2024

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Great show. Happy that Takeshita didn't have to job to Jericho again but was it just me or Jericho was booked to look way too strong?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Presale code:

https://twitter.com/tdgarden/status/1755428524586909861

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Great show. Happy that Takeshita didn't have to job to Jericho again but was it just me or Jericho was booked to look way too strong?

I think the booking of the match would've come off better were it not clear from the bell that Soup Boy had him outclassed in every possible way

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Now we just need Takeshita vs. Ospreay for Revolution.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

old guys should be booked strong

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

her character became a thing BECAUSE she lost the belt. having her lose it again to keep the crazy train rolling down the tracks would be good even

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Woke up still buzzing from last night's show. One of the best Dynamites ever

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Alaois posted:

old guys should be booked strong

more years = more experience = more skill. it just makes sense.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think Jericho can still go but he’s Def lost a step. I also think his current iteration has gone on too long and people are just kind of getting tired of him. The match should have been way shorter for sure.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

The_Rob posted:

I think Jericho can still go but he’s Def lost a step. I also think his current iteration has gone on too long and people are just kind of getting tired of him. The match should have been way shorter for sure.

For a guy who talks alot about reinventing himself we've been stuck with this version of Jericho since AEW's inception roughly. Plus at this point the perception for me is a Jericho feud is where talent goes to die for a bit.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He tapped out to his own goddamn submission finisher. That's not something you do to "still look strong".

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

The_Rob posted:

weird that they had hobbs beat the everloving poo poo out of him but then be competitive with takeshita

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Kvantum posted:

He tapped out to his own goddamn submission finisher. That's not something you do to "still look strong".

He didn't get knocked the gently caress out by Takeshita's usual forearm shiver spot, he stood toe-to-toe to Takeshita's shoulder tackles, he pulled through multiple power moves where others would have sold them like death, and weirdest of all, he survived a screw driver to the head before tapping out to his own finisher.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Their match last night wasn't as good as the one in DDT last year obviously, but it was still pretty good, imo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He didn't get knocked the gently caress out by Takeshita's usual forearm shiver spot, he stood toe-to-toe to Takeshita's shoulder tackles, he survived multiple power moves where others would have sold them like death, and weirdest of all, he survived a screw driver to the head before tapping out to his own finisher.

The screwdriver has been a false finish in most big matches following the cage match.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

her character became a thing BECAUSE she lost the belt. having her lose it again to keep the crazy train rolling down the tracks would be good even

This is why she never should have beaten Shida in the first place. Nothing that Toni is doing needs the championship and honestly she's probably better off without it.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

CaptainApathyUK posted:

This is why she never should have beaten Shida in the first place. Nothing that Toni is doing needs the gimmick and honestly she's probably better off without it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CaptainApathyUK posted:

This is why she never should have beaten Shida in the first place. Nothing that Toni is doing needs the championship and honestly she's probably better off without it.

The work they're doing with Mariah absolutely requires the belt.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sydal v Mistico should be amazing

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Toni has been a memorable women's champ, more memorable than her first reign for sure. The gimmick is fun and inspired. It's a good way to highlight the awesome work she has been doing.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

STING

Mods do the right thing and loop this as the thread background music:

https://youtu.be/FhHF2I66hV0?feature=shared

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

Their match last night wasn't as good as the one in DDT last year obviously, but it was still pretty good, imo.

I think it was a good match too, but taskeshita should be destroying Jericho imo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Sting and his sons gave me real Max & Chip Shreck vibes

Dango Bango posted:

Some photos from last night:

Look at all da empty sheats, dis company's in da toilet, dey'll be out of business in a month...

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Jericho plz stop.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Yeah, you get it.

I'm ready for Takeshita to rock some gold, dude is a star and a monster in the ring.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pylons posted:

The work they're doing with Mariah absolutely requires the belt.

Having Mariah sort of abandon Toni if she loses the belt to Dionna, and then Mariah starts latching on to Dionna could be fun.

But keeping her with Toni is probably the better choice.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Crowd was so good we got Luther chants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
When Toni loses the world title she should start coming out with the TCM belt