Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[0>1 Coins][1 Companion(s)][1 Bruises]
[Action]Work The Land: 1d4 1

Some days were slow, peaceful ones. Just enjoying the atmosphere while others plot and plan and share their exploits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 0
Bruises: 1
Companions: 1>2
Maps: 1 (Tomegarden of Arkay the Vile)
Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling. - 1 Action.

Find a Hench: 1d20+1 = 16 Success!

What isse that Mr. Skel Ington? Youre friend, Mrs. Bones wants to joine our krew? Why of course! The more the merriere.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Gilligan: "Hey, push drinks hard, alright? I get the feeling that pretty soon we might not be seeing a lot of these folks for a while."

Betty: "All right, Gill. But what makes you think that?"

Gilligan: "You see how they're all coupling up? May Day's behind us. These guys are going out there."

Betty: "Well, if you heard the rates that Guy is offering, you might think about it yourself."

Gilligan: "Nah, I'm a legitimate businessman, my contracting days are over. Thank the Old Gods and the New."

"You're welcome."

Betty: "Hey, good for you, buddy. I knew you had it in ya!"

Ninjer earns a Skill through Brawling: - "Take 10"

Gilligan: "I'm glad you're liking this cask. I've got a whole new order coming in from The Inverted Mountain - premium Dwarven spirits. Be sure to come back, folks!"

Lug Thunkhard, Lacrimissa Skrunk, Sylvestre and Saikrit Baus gain a Companion by Flirting.

Guy: "Ah, yes! A map for my good Avian friend. Do enjoy! I hope you won't feel too...caged in...a-heh heh heh..."

Sylvestre gains a Treasure Map!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 56/109 - Monsters defeated: 1

The daylight was finally beginning to wane, and a moody twilight descended on the Temple of Mazes. Stabdee and her companions hoped that they might come across another clearing to set up camp. There was something unsettling about the press of the hedges around them as night crept in. The Warrior's tuning did not improve, but despite this, he tried to whistle a few mournful ballads to match the mood. The Wizard did everything within his social powers to dissuade the Warrior from this course, to no effect. The deepening of the darkness brought new shadows to dance in for the hardened Stabdee, but the Wizard began to see that the deepest darkness around was in the depths of her impassive gaze.

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 60/100

Hawkins' leadership, was, as ever, right on point. As the party dashed ahead with a full battle cry, they heard the trapped floor beginning to fall away behind them. Meanwhile, the creeping vines, usually carefully attuned to the sound of foot treads, were confused by the echoed shouts, and slithered too slowly after them.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 2
Exploration - Temple of Mazes 1d20+2 = 22

As the three in the party walked along, Stabdee suddenly stopped in front of a particular hedge, eyeing it over. She was pretty sure this was the right way. The Wizard and Warrior soon noticed and came to a stop as well, curiously crowding around. Her unsettling silence continued for a while, before their leader spoke again.

"Hey, good pals and adventuring buddies. Want to see a cool trick? Too bad, I'm showing you anyway!"

Stabdee held her dagger in hand, and with a violent look in her eyes, set about precisely cutting and stabbing through the hedge in a frenzy, carving a perfectly party-sized hole straight through it, while the other party members hurriedly backed out of the way. Stabdee stepped through, and started cutting through the next few hedges with her sharpened dagger in just the same manner, cackling joyfully as she carved the stupid hedge maze apart. When the dust and greenery settled, she'd cut straight through several rows of hedges towards their destination, and had found a particularly lovely looking clearing to boot. Stabdee then looked back at her companions with a maniacal smile.

"Whew, exhilarating! This should save us some travel time, huh? Don't just gape there now, let's camp!"

The Wizard and Warrior glanced at each other nervously, before following her through the destroyed hedges to set up camp in the clearing.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 9, 2024

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

NINJER
2. Take 10 - Instead of rolling a d20, the Player can choose to use 10 as the final value of their Check.
11. Mentor's Blessing - Lower the DC to Brawl by 2
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Bruises: 4

Trailed by his entourage, flush with liquour and pride, Ninjer walks resolutely into the forest, pressing straight on through, ignoring the path and the gashes the branches made in his face and clothes, until he finds a monster.
"Have at you!"

Take 10 to Monster Hunt
Monster Hunt Monster: 1d20 16

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Companions: :parrot: :derptiel: :coolbird:
Map: Aviary Aggressions 0 > 36/160
code:
Work the Land- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern
Experienced- Take 2 Actions/Turn while Questing - Not available in the Tavern.
Ok... Ok friends. Let's. Let's go fly to this place and have fun. Can't be harder than chopping red wood, right. :stoked:

Explore dungeon: 1d20+1 12
Explore dungeon redux: 1d20+1 18

+3 +3 for companions

36 explore, get

Slaan fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 9, 2024

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt)
Actions: -1 (contest penalty)
Coins: 1 -> 3 -> 2
Drinks: 3
Companions: +++

"Hey girls! What'd I miss?" "Magadda! Finally, we've been waiting days now - and much the usual. Revelry, brawling, ominous guy in the corner." "The... hunk is new." "Oh yeah, Lug's easy - on the eyes and otherwise. Go on, just wink at him and he'll buy you a drink. He's invited, Coiffure says he'll be useful, to haul loot if nothing else." "Nice. Any groups gotten started?" "Stabdee leapt in head first, Hawkins doing his usual thing, buncha other fools, but those are the only other expeditions - bar the local guy and his birdies, preening off over there. Think we can try going after them tomorrow or so." "Love it when others do half the work for ya."

Lug felt he was starting to get the hang of getting the ducks in a row - or maybe the ducks were just getting used to getting gently picked up by shovel-hands, pet some, then gently put down again in a different spot. Still, he wasn't quite there. Oh well, off to the tavern!

Action: Work The Land: 1d4 2
freeAction: Buy a drink and flirt: 1d20-1 11 +1 Companion

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Companions:

"Let's just stand here for a bit, we'll make progress anyway."

Dungeon Exploration: The Tenebrous Tenement

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 30 to go.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[1>4>2>1 Coins][1 Companion(s)][1>2 Bruises]
[Action][1C>4C]Work The Land: 1d4 3
[freeAction][4C>2C][Buy Meal]
[freeAction][2C>1C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages) (Advantage): 2#1d20 11 2
Eek. Ooich. Yowza. That's gonna leave a Bruise
Bruise Injury Check: 1d20 18
For someone getting Thrashed, the Geezer sure seemed happy. Thinking of the Dinner Special, perhaps?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 3 -> 5

("This is your 'great plan'?")
("Just knock the door and shut up!")

Knock, knock, knock.

"Hm? Monsieur Tower? Qu'est-ce que c'est?"

"Marcel, my dude! We- ow! - I mean, I, me, the royal we, you know, we gathered all these apples from a nearby orchard! Good quality, too! How's about a few coins for 'em?"

Work The Land: 1d4 2

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Marcel takes an apple from Mr. Tower and gives it a genteel sniff from his prodigious nose. His eyebrows shoot up, almost to his hairline, and he takes a furtive glance around.

Marcel: "Mais Oui, it is Grandmother Smithe's apples, no? Hon hon hon, rarely has she released any into my posession!"

His eyes glimmer with charm and a wide smile of beatific satisfaction crosses his face as he reaches into his pocket for a few coins and quickly exchanges them for the apples.

Marcel: "Monsieur Tower, I will not lie, I did not trust you before now, but zis, oh, you have proven yourself a true Ami."

He leans forward conspiratorially.

Marcel: "I 'ope you do not think it too forward, but if you were to find your way into Old Mac's squash patch next..."

He straightened and gave the long-coated man a meaningful gesture of future rewards.

Guy: "Oh yes, my dear ladies. So good of you all to come - tales of your journeys are on the tongues of all! The rewards are fruitful, to be sure...a-heh heh heh. Betty! More wine, if you please! We must toast to the Ladies of the Reach! Oh and your trusty retainer Lug, of course."

Lug Thunkhard gains a Companion by Flirting!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - 78/109 - Monsters defeated: 1

Cutting through the verdant hedges with apparent bezerk glee, Stabdee bent the maze to her will and found a beautiful clearing that appeared to only have a single natural entrance. Her ears pricked at the sound of water, and she found in the centre of the clearing, though difficult to make out as the darkness descended, a fountain, overflowing with clean, clear water. The whole party drank deeply of the waters after the Wizard spent a moment investigating it for poison or disease, finding none. There was an eminent sense of peace here, completely aberrant when compared to the rest of the maze. But it was welcome. The group set their watch and took their night's repose, unmolested.

In the morning, Stabdee, realizing that she had been dozing on her watch, shot up, her senses opening up with sudden panic. She hadn't really slept in years. It was already late morning, the sun was high and she could see that they were not alone.

The figure that reclined easily next to the fountain yawned, turned her head and leveled a grin at Stabdee.

"Goodness, that was a good rest. It's been absolute ages."

She got up, and stretched. She was a beautiful nymph, perhaps, or something...more. There was an unreality to her presence. The edges of her being seemed to blur and strangely warp her surroundings, drawing the greenery towards her, as she drew in breath, and then gently pushing it away, as she expelled it.

"Welcome to my Temple, little one." She said, finally, turning towards Stabdee. "I am Nyphandra, master of the Green. Or, perhaps, it is better said that I was." She chuckled lightly to herself. "Ah well, it seems we are to awaken at last..."

Nyphandra sat on the edge of the fountain, grinning up at the adventurer. "You have a choice to make, child. I must give you a gift, for awakening me so gently."

She gestures up to the sword at the top of the fountain. "You may take the Holy Artifact above. I will allow this. The Sword of the Green would aid you in battle."

Turning her eyes towards Stabdee, her smile dropped to a pensive expression. "Or, I can release the ancient bond, and the Great Menace will be freed, and perhaps, finally, defeated."

"You must Choose:" (free action)

A) Take up the Sword of the Green - Gain +1 to all Attacks (Monster & Boss Battles)

B) Unlock a Boss Monster

"Either way, your journey is made much faster. Simply follow that path there -" she gestures to the natural entrance to the fountain clearing, "and you will find your way out."

Gain 20 towards the dungeon exploration target! - The Temple of Mazes - 98/109

Hawkins - The Tenebrous Tenement - 70/100

Hawkins ordered the group to a halt. As everyone caught their breath, there was a sudden flux of magic in the air.

"Oh. Oh! How could you possibly..."

The floor beneath the party began to rise, as the ceiling opened up into a new level of the dungeon.

"Impressive!"

The party stared at Hawkins with awe.

Sylvestre - The Aviary Agressions - 36/160

Perhaps a little nervous, but determined, Sylvestre led his party into the hills beyond the plains. Reaching a cliffside, he could see the enormous Aviary of gold and glass perched atop a craggy rock in the midst of a valley far below. On foot, it would likely take days to clamber down the steep cliff to the vale, and then clamber up to the distant Aviary. But his party would have no such difficulty.

Stretching their wings wide, they glided easily down to the Aviary, touching down at the entrance to the grand structure. Flying up to it, they could see the strange staggered levels of the place within. Ropework swung logs about in delicate dances of synchronous timing. An enormous tank of water, filled perhaps by a permanent divine tempest, sprayed a mist of vapour into the space, giving the air that emanated from it a mugginess foreign to this climate, and allowing the growth of myriad jungle flora.

Taking their first steps within, the party squawked with alarm as a golden gate swung shut with a firm -click-. They would need to find another way out.

Ninjer - Monster Hunting

Ninjer led his retinue into a dark forest, filled with gnarled black trees with long trailing leaves that whispered promises of doom with every breath of wind. They came eventually to a small bridge over a thin creek, bubbling gently as it cut through the thick leaf-strewn forest floor. Standing at the centre of the bridge was a dark figure, its sword in hand. Its face a mask of violent purpose.

Vampire
HP: 20
Damage Range: 1-11
Special: When you receive a Death Penalty from the Vampire, the Vampire gains 5 HP (up to Max).

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 10, 2024

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Companions: 2>3

Ah, Mrs. Bone! You brought your friend frome the bridge klub, and they want to join us as well?

Find a Hench: 1d20+1 19

Welcome to the team, Miss. Ligamenté

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Companions:

“There is a school of thought, my dear companions, that dungeons are in some ways malleably morphic: They conform to a sufficiently strong will within them. Frankly, I’ve never been one for such wishful thinking. Now, let’s find ourselves a hidden door, oh, let’s see… There."

Take 10 to tenderize 10% of the Tenebrous Tenement. 20 to go.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
2. Take 10 - Instead of rolling a d20, the Player can choose to use 10 as the final value of their Check.
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Companions: 3

Spying the vampire, Ninjer immediately, tactically, threw one of his attendants into its waiting arms.
"Heh, nothing personal, kid."
Monster Fight: 1d20 1

Now he was free to strike its unprotected backside! His other attendants only cheered very softly this time, strangely muted.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Needless to say, Stabdee was surprised by waking up next to a beautiful nymph. She had dozed off comfortably, and proper sleep felt strange after all this time. So only her confusion, the peaceful sense, and significant restraint kept her from wildly flailing her dagger at the nearest torso, giving the nymph-like woman the opportunity to speak about the choice.

Stabdee couldn't lie, she really liked the look of that shiny sword. She was more of a dagger gal, a sneaky stabby type, but she could toss it at monsters or people as an alpha strike, or hock it for some gold to a random adventurer or merchant. The thought of giving it to her Warrior companion never even crossed her mind. But then she decided on the other thing, the Great Menace. There was fame right there, possible massive fortune from a boss-type, and other schmucks might jump in to soften it up first.

"Well, I don't know much about what this Great Menace is, but it must be nasty if it's caught the attention of a powerful nymph-ish woman of these hedges. So, I'll go with B) Unlock Boss Monster. We'll need a training montage and I need new companions, but we'll give a proper go of it when we can, huh? Totally, yes. That's my choice!"

Stabdee rubbed her eyes as the apparent mystical choice was made, the Wizard and the Warrior finally coming to, and looking on in utter confusion. Stabdee gave them a crooked grin, waving for them to follow her down the revealed path.

"Come along now, you goddamn sleepyheads, you missed everything. There's an exit and treasure to find! By the way I chose to unleash an ancient evil upon the world."

Exploration - Temple of Mazes 1d20+2 = 12 98+12 = 110/109 Complete.

Boss Roll: 1d20 = 18

A sudden rumbling sounded in the distance as another horror awakened in fury, doubtlessly from one of the party's clumsy actions, maybe that altar the Warrior accidently toppled earlier.

"Well, alright. Make that two ancient evils!"

Initial Treasure: 10 Coins
First Haul: 2d6 = 7
Companion Haul (2): 2d6 =4
Monster Bounty: 2d6 = 5
Total: 26 coins.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 10, 2024

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 2

"Hello tharr ser Harrwkins. Tharrnks for showing us the easy warr in, yarr big ole doefussy."

Lug wasn't sure why the gaggle of girls he'd gotten acquainted with dropped by the farm and helped him get those ducks lined up neat and row-like, or why his father had teary-eyed handed over the largest rucksack in the house, but it seemed like he was on an adventure! Thankfully, the ladies accompanying him seemed well equipped to the task and he even got to help lifting stuff and bust down crumbling doors, which seemed to speed things along admirably.

Action: Explore Tenebrous Tenement: 1d20+3 18

Tenebrous Tenement, 2 to go.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Map: Aviary Aggressions 36 > 69/160 :nice:
code:
*birds begin singing*

Ascend Aviary: 1d20+1+3 16

*bird whistles continue*

Aggression Ascended: 1d20+1+3 17

33 progress, get

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Scribbleykins posted:

"Hello tharr ser Harrwkins. Tharrnks for showing us the easy warr in, yarr big ole doefussy."

"Lug Thunkhard, as I live and breathe! Delighted you could make it, we stand on the verge of glory!"

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[1>5>3>2>1 Coins][1>2 Companion(s)][2>3 Bruises]
[Action][1C>5C]Work The Land: 1d4 4
[freeAction][5C>3C][Buy Meal]
[freeAction][3C>2C][Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages) (Advantage): 2#1d20 2 8]
Ooh. Eek. Yow. That's a Bruisin geezer's Cruisin.
Bruise Injury Check: 1d20 17
But yet again, no injury. Spritely old geezer.
[freeAction][2C>1C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 15
Someone even joined the Geezer's budding party. :toot:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 5 -> 8

("OK, now this I can see working. Did you see his meaningful gesture of future rewards?")
(But what about Old Mac, Jimmy? He don't like strangers none.)
("It's simple, Christopher. He's old! He goes to bed early! And Mr. Tower sets his own bedtime for himself!")

Work The Land (of Old Mac!): 1d4 3

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 11, 2024

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Things had been getting quiet around the old Tavern, but that changed one day as Guy suddenly perked up and looked off into the distance, his gaze penetrating through walls and earth and cloud.

Guy: "They...they've done it. My faithful steed, released! Aha - ahaha - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Power radiated from the cloaked figure in the midst of the sleepy tavern, and he momentarily floated in the air, soaking in his resplendent victory, when another flash of insight completely changed Guy's mood. He quickly sank to the floor and put his head in his hands.

Guy: "Oh...oh no...they just had to wake up Greg. That idiot. I should have never let him apprentice under me."

Guy slumped back in his chair.

Guy: "Man. What a mood killer. Just a straight up bummer."

Betty crept closer to Guy.

Betty: "Uh...Mr. Ducoin? What exactly was that?"

Guy: "Oh, the locals, right. I was going to revel in their fear a bit but this really took the wind right out of my sails, you know?"

Betty: "What are you talking abou-"

Guy whispered brief incantation and fluttered his hand in annoyance. Betty blinked confusedly, looking down at Guy.

Betty: "Oh, uh, what can I get you?"

Guy: "I need some comfort food. Send Marcel over with that lovely apple pie."

Betty: "Will do!"

Gilligan: "Huh."

Betty: "What's up, Gill?"

Gilligan: "I just...you remember Mrs. Bone?"

Betty: "Oh, yeah, sweet old lady. What about her?"

Gilligan, gesturing: "Didn't she...you know...pass?"

Betty, looking at Saikrit's table: "Huh, I guess not?"

Gilligan: "Yeah...I guess not..."

Betty: "It's nice that so many folks are giving their time to be with their elders these days."

Gilligan looks at the Geezer.

Gilligan: "Very generous of them, yes."

Saikrit Baus and The Geezer gain a Companion by Flirting!

--------Questing--------

Stabdee - The Temple of Mazes - Complete!

Stabdee and her companions gleefully made their way down the hedgerows towards the exit of the Temple of Mazes. Every few yards a small alcove wreathed in red petalled flowers held another box of coins and quick sale valuables. It turned into a pretty decent haul by the time they made it to the end, their packs loaded with filthy lucre. There was a mild sense of impending doom, hovering in the back of their minds now, but it really didn't seem to matter all that much in the face of the fact that they were now journeying back to the Tavern - to safety and to good times.

Hawkins, Lug Thunkhard - The Tenebrous Tenement - 98/100

Hawkins' gesture at the wall was well timed, as Lug's foot suddenly came crashing through it, sending splinters of wood and false stonework skittering across the hall. The hidden door was flung open and Lug strode out with a veritable harem of female adventurers hovering protectively around him, armed to the teeth. The two parties commiserated as they set about clearing the last few rooms of the dungeon together.

Sylvestre - The Aviary Aggressions - 69/160

The Avian aviary adventurers aggressively attack the dungeon with gusto. Uniquely suited to the environment of this particular dungeon, they navigate the maze of vertical levels and the vast gaps between them with ease.

Ninjer - Monster Hunting

Ninjer's companion barely had a moment to register that he was wading single-handedly into battle with the Vampire before he was impaled on the monster's sword. The Vampire took advantage of the moment of shock in his opponent to feast on his open neck, and that was the end of him. As the companion slid to the ground, the Vampire's dark eyes lit with furious hunger upon the rest of the party.

Vampire
HP: 20
Special: When you receive a Death Penalty from the Vampire, the Vampire gains 5 HP (up to Max).

--------Rules Update--------

Boss battles are now available as a Questing line! You need to complete the dungeon where the bosses were unlocked to participate in one. Once you have completed the dungeon, the Boss battle is available to you as a separate quest (you don't need to run through the dungeon again to face them).

Boss battles function similarly to Monster Battles. Companions add their +1 bonus to attack rolls, and there is a damage range for every boss. These ranges are punishing, so it's a good idea to be fully prepared before facing any boss. Players can join a boss battle up to the maximum number noted on the boss.

Actions: You may take an attack roll on your turn to diminish the Boss' HP, OR You may attempt to spot the Boss' Weakpoint (DC included with the Boss' description). When you have spotted the Weakpoint, you may attack the Boss' Weakpoint HP instead to defeat them more quickly. Please note while spotting a weakpoint, Damage from the Damage Range Still applies. Once one player has spotted a boss' weakpoint, all players have access to attack the Weakpoint HP.

Boss Phases: All bosses have (at least) three special abilities that activate at different times during the combat:
  • Special: is the opening special ability that the Boss uses from the start of the battle. Sometimes these are single, powerful effects, and other times, these will last the whole battle.
  • Weakpoint Hit: This effect applies when the weakpoint gets hit by the players. Again, this might be a one-off - the first time the weakpoint gets hit in a battle - or a regular effect each time.
  • Bloodied: When the Boss' HP (either Weakpoint HP or Regular HP) Goes below a certain threshold (usually 30 HP), a final desperate effect goes off. Again, these might be single-use or regular effects, depending on the boss.
Treasure: Bosses each give individual treasure, but generally speaking you can expect a 40 Gold reward at a minimum for completing a boss battle, plus companion amounts. Some bosses will give extra skills or other unique, helpful tools to survive. All bosses will give the player who landed the final blow a unique Title which that player can flaunt with gusto.

A particular boss battle can only be completed once per player.

In addition to the new Questing line, there is a new item for sale at the Tavern:
  • Lore Dump: Gain knowledge of some of the Secret powers of a Boss. Roll 1d3. 1 = Special + Treasure; 2= Special + Weakpoint Hit + Treasure, 3 = Special + Weakpoint Hit + Bloodied + Treasure - 15 Coins
From word of mouth amoung the villagers, and some subtle hints from Guy Ducoin, the following boss monsters have been unlocked:
  • Red Dragon: HP: 150 (60) - Spot DC 16 - Damage Range 1-15 - Max Players: 3
  • Necromancer: HP: 120 (40) - Spot DC 14 - Damage Range 1-14 - Max Players: 5

I'm adding this to the General Rules section for conciseness.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Companions:

“Now we face the ultimate part of this den of iniquity: Going through that unlocked door over there."

Take 10 to tenderize 2% of the Tenebrous Tenement. Dungeon Complete!

Boss Battle unlock, Tenebrous Tenement: 1d20 8

Loot, Tenebrous Tenement: 5d6+10 22

"Right, that's that done. Anyone fancy a pint?"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER

Ninjer drove his blade into the thing's back as his other attendants rushed it, trying to bind its hands.
Monster Fight: 1d20+2-1 9

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 2

"Hey! We think we've got the manager's office here! Not trapped, but Thiefelotte retired last run and I'm poo poo at locks. Lug! Bring on the doorknocker!"

Lug hefted the large obsidian slab - wardstones, his da called 'em - they'd gotten him to pick up right outside the dungeon as an impromptu ram, and squinted at a door painted so black as to resemble a yawning portal into the void.

"Sorry about this," he muttered awkwardly, either to absent owners or Hawkins and his team as he lumbered past to smash one shard of darkest void into another.

"Wait, did Hawky say it was unlocked?"

Ț̵̨̡̀̒̾̑̏̈́̚͝͠͝͠H̴̩̭͎̲̞̩̀̈́̕͠͠U̵̧̲̪̫̤̻͈̰͇̰̠͍͈̪̝͓̫̾̿͐̄̂͘N̴̼͎̱̹͔̫̈̏́̇͝Ḵ̷̞̱̘̘̖̹̮̙̙̹͇͈̯̣̊͝

"Oh. Well. Nevermind, that might've been trapped. Never seen a door implode before. Lug, are you okay dear?"

"'m fine!"

"Hah! Then you harrven't been arrt arr brarrwl in the Drowned Marriner!"

Action: Explore Tenebrous Tenement: 1d20+3 18
Boss unlock: 1d20 1
Looting the Tenement: 6d6+10 36

"Eh, the Potion of Deep Diving is sooo expensive. Then again - this gig seems lucrative. Especially with Lug here to haul for us!"

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 2 +2 = 4
Coins: 26 -7 = 19

The door of the Valorous Vagrant was unceremoniously kicked in once again, Stabdee and her companions coming in smiling with loot in their hands and aflush flush with coinage that they would be using.

Buy Someone Drink And "Flirt" (Free Action) = 15 +1

The gang crowded around one of the taverngoers that had a bow, Stabdee slapping a drink down in front of them with an evil glint in her eye.

"Guess who's in the party now! Hint: It's the guy who's getting a drink!"

With another adventurer duly pressganged into her party, Stabdee set herself up with a hearty meal, then decided to take crack at a brawl, throwing a twitchy fist out at someone random.

Buy Meal (Free Action)
Brawl and Pay For Damage (Free Action, Advantage) = 17, 1
Gain Skill = 9 Already have. Redo!
Gain Skill (Redux) = 4 Experienced skill get!

After wiping the blood off her fist and feeling quite experienced, Stabdee bought another drink, her party once again crowding around someone by themselves, this time a quiet looking cleric who sweated nervously as Stabdee nastily grinned at them, offering them a pint.

Buy Someone Drink and "Flirt" (Free Action) = 17 +1

"I'm sure you know the drill by now, pal. Come, have a drink and let's adventure together! They could use a healer for any grisly stab wounds that might occur!"

With one more person thusly pressganged into the crew, Stabdee helped herself to another merry meal, then threw another random punch at someone.

Buy Meal (Free Action)
Brawl Without Paying (Advantage) = 13, 3
Bruise = 3

Stabdee was rebuffed, letting out a litany of curses as she was instead punched back harder, holding her cheek and wincing.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 13, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Map: Aviary Aggressions 69 > 79/160
code:
Hmph. A big ol tangle of branches up in this nest? Nothing a teek farmer can't get rid of with some wingwork and teamwork.

Explore more: 1d20+1+3 10

"Soiled Newspapers! This here branches was a nest in the nest for some teek farmer burd-eating bastard!"

What early worm gets the birds?: 1d20 18

"Sweety Purd, use swift attack! Maisy Duck, hit it with a teek! Mr. Spearron, help me distract it with a Feather Dance!" :ducksiren:

Fighting beak to beak: 1d20+1+3 10

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 8 -> 11

Knock, knock, knock.

"Squash delivery!"
"Squash delivery!"
"Squash delivery!"

Work The Land: 1d4 3

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[1>2 Coins][2 Companion(s)][3>4 Bruises]
[Action][1C>2C]Work The Land: 1d4 1
[freeAction][2C>1C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages): 1d20 9
Bruise Injury Check: 1d20 18

At this point the Geezer's reputation as a brawler was rather tarnished. Their ability to take considerable abuse just fine, however...

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk

Walking over to Guy Ducoin, Saikrit puts a blue hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "Ah, it is so harde to find good helpe these days, and a replacing a ... ah, beaste of burden, can be especially difficult in the locale economy. I remembere a doggo i used to have, three heads, a nice predictable AoE. Oh, it would stay awake for weeks guarding my... homestead, afore fates vagaries tore it away from me. Ah, but I digress. May you finde your best beaste one day!

Now then, though it paines me to stray too fare from my homestead but needs muste, and I hear there is bon oppourtune over at the Tenneberous Tenaments, and my rente is due on the morrow.

Triumph over the Tenneberous Tenanment: 1d20+3 = 21
Find a Boss: 1d20+1 = 15
Find A Treasure: 5d6+10 = 24

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 13, 2024

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Gilligan, sweating profusely: "Yes Ms. Stabdee. Of course Ms. Stabdee. Your drink Ms. Stabdee."

Gilligan: "Marcel! Marcel, you rear end, get out here! Another meal at Table 4! Right NOW!"

Marcel: "But Monsieur Gill, I am not zee Magicien! Zee squash soupe, she is not yet ready!"

Gilligan: "Then just bring out whatever you've got left of the apple pie! Put some cheese on top or something!"

Marcel: "But Monsieur! To follow a dessert by another dessert - she will be desiring a palette cleanser, no?"

Gilligan: "For god's sake, am I the only one who can hear how many coins she has jangling in that pouch of hers? MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

Marcel spun on his heel, red in the face, and proceeded to create the fastest, angriest omelette ever seen in those parts.

Betty, getting up from the floor: "Does anyone know whose tooth this is? Oh, here you are, you Crotchety-old-git!"

Stabdee gains two Companions by Flirting! Miss Popular over here!

Stabdee gains a skill by Brawling - "Experienced"

--------Questing--------

Hawkins, Lug Thunkhard, Saikrit Baus - The Tenebrous Tenement - Complete!

Hawkins and Lug's parties looted the treasure chamber with feverish abandon. Saikrit and his...aides...made their way into the room and scooped up the last scraps of the treasure that had been overlooked. In the confusion, Lug's disappearing door trick appeared to be about to activate some kind of ritual process, as a terrible shaking to the foundations of the dungeon began, but it was quite suddenly stopped as Saikrit Baus accidentally slid an ancient jar of unknown powder off a shelf and onto the floor, dispersing the shades of ancient dark souls to haul the obsidian door, shrieking, back into place from beyond the veil. All was then hunky dory!

The three parties made their way back to the Tavern, where Guy was waiting to congratulate them and offer them some fine wine. He took a moment to pull Saikrit aside.

Guy, sweat beading his brow: "It was fine work - fine work, yes. We can't have...disruption, you know? There's a good man. And thank you for your kind words earlier as well..."

Sylvestre - The Aviary Aggressions - 89/160 - 1 Monster

Things were going well for the party, and were soon about to go even better. Sylvestre turned a corner, and there, standing in the midst of a large chamber that seemed like it might have been intended as a battle chamber of some sort, was his old Pa. He spoke as if through a hollowed out stump half-filled with sand, and his movements were jerky and off, somehow, but he had a lot of valuable advice about battle tactics, and that was good enough for him!

Mirage
HP: ?
Damage Range: 1-10
Special: The Mirage takes on the HP and Special Abilities of the last creature you defeated while Questing. If this is your character's very first monster encounter, it takes on the form of your mentor and teaches you a new skill: Maelstrom: Your crit range increases to 18-20. This skill can also be learned if this is your character's first encounter while exploring a Dungeon.

Mirage is defeated! Sylvester gains the Secret Skill: Maelstrom!

Since Sylvester rolled a second Action, I have used that as an Exploration roll, resulting in the battle below. This encounter was rolled privately: Mystery monster skill thing: 1d20 20

No sooner does Sylvestre leave this battle chamber than he runs across a strange sight. A Mind Slaver with several bound captives, apparently lost and trying to find the way to the nearest slave market. Less than scum, the Mind Slaver deserves the worst possible fate!

Mind Slaver
HP: 15
Damage Range: 1-10
Special: If you have companions when you receive a Death Penalty from the Mind Slaver, the Mind Slaver turns your lost companion against you, and your next attack does no damage to the Mind Slaver, as you are forced to defeat your companion. If your attack is within the Damage Range of the Mind Slaver on the same turn you defeat it, you do not receive a Death Penalty if you have companions. If you receive your second injury from a Mind Slaver, roll 1d20 and await further instructions.

When defeated, you free the Mind Slaver's captives and they join the Town population. Roll a die:
  • 1-5: 3 Freed Villagers
  • 6-10: 5 Freed Villagers
  • 11-15: 8 Freed Villagers
  • 16-19: 10 Freed Villagers
  • 20: 15 Freed Villagers

Ninjer - Monster Hunting

The Vampire flailed in pain as the hit connected. It slashed at Ninjer's companions and finally overpowered one, suckling at his life's blood as Ninjer and his remaining attendant looked on. The battle was far from over.

Vampire
HP: 16

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt), Muscle Memory (Contest win = +2 up to 4)
Actions: -1 (contest penalty) -> 0
Coins: 38 -> 34 -> 31 -> 29 -> 28
Bruises: 1 -> 0
Drinks: 3 -> 0

Lug wasn't quite sure what to do with his newfound wealth. He could actually feel the weight of his pouch for once! He'd ask his new lady friends, but they were mostly passed-out drunk in the arms of others (or each other), so when the kindly Mr. Tower pointed him at a way to earn even more wealth - despite his da's warnings - Lug fell to temptation and sat down by the table for a bout of real, actual gambling, like a real actual adult, with another real actual adult!

After the dust had settled, Lug still found himself with more coinage than he knew what to do with. Remembering the importance of staying in good graces with the gods, his giant hands took his bulging yet still comparatively tiny purse up and emptied a handful onto Friar Paunch's table.

"Think I'm in need of a blessing, Friar Pau. Real dark stuff down in the dungeons - very black, hard to see - and I still got a bit of an ache from the drinking contest with Sylv.... huh, where's he at, anyway?"

Revitalized by the Friar's blessing, Lug secured a hearty meal of bread and squash soup from the kitchens - which quickly turned into a hearty mess as the Valorous Vagrant was getting quite rowdy at all the drinks being bought and shared. Once more aggrieved over precious food spillage the young man went chasing after the food-fouling fiend to show them what for!

THUNK

Far easier the second time around. In fact, Lug's muscles seemed to be doing a lot of the moving for him, plunging the punk's head down into a familiar face-shaped indentation almost before he realized what he'd done.

"Oh cowplod - the bar! Sorry Mr. Gilligan! I'll pay for it!"

Action: Gamble (meet Mr. Tower's bet of 4 coins) Gamble vs. Mr. Tower: 1d20-1 5 to de lee too
freeAction: Buy Blessing (-3 coins)
freeAction: Buy a Meal (-2 coins)
freeAction: Brawl w/advantage and pay damages (-1 coin): 2#1d20 2 17
Skill roll: 1d20 9 - Lug earns Muscle Memory (oh, makes sense he'd keep it there)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 24-3=21

Baus ostrofied companions entered the tavern, coffers bulging, chanting MEAT in a disturbingly monotone chorus, clawing wildly every which way, followed shortly by Baus himself who apologized for the intrusion explaining that they all 'got a bit rowdy' after such an astounding victory.

<Purchase a meal. Brawl and Pay for Property Damages. Flirt. -3 coins)

Random Mealtime Brawl: 2#1d20k1 9 20
Learn a Skill: 1d20 18
(Flirt to Find a Hench: 1d20+1 = 4

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 + 3 Temporary
Coins: 19 - 19 = 0

Stabdee and her companions gathered around a table, all of them looking at the jangling pouch of coins they had. The Warrior and the leader had a greedy glint in their eyes, while the rest of them just stood around nervously. Suddenly, an errant whisper of a rumor that Stabdee had heard earlier came to mind, and an absolutely brilliant idea occurred to her. She seized the coinpurse, and headed off to make certain purchases.

Buy Hired Hand x3 (Free Actions) -15 coins
Buy Map to Cobalt Cult Hideout (Free Action) - 4 coins

The entire party looked on in utter bafflement as Stabdee proudly came back carrying an empty coinpurse and 3 random, scared-looking porters, a wicked grin on her face as she motioned for everyone to gather around.

"Now listen up, you lugs! I heard rumor that there's a local cult hideout nearby, and you know all about those cults and their membership fees and sacrifices for their dark gods. And so I have bought these three fine gentlepeople's services for a onetime session of carrying their loot. And a convenient map of their place from that very nice man over there with the big smile. Because, you see, we are going to barge into their hideout while they're out and strip their little home down to the bones! You may heard rumors that this Cobalt Cult supposedly contributes to charity and orphanages or whatever, heal the sick. But they likely actually plot evil in their free time, and hey, they're lame and deserve this! You in? You're in!"

Without hearing a word of dissent, Stabdee gestured for all of her confused companions and hired hands to join her, and after a glare, they hurriedly piled after her out of the place, the door swinging violently behind them.

Questing - Dungeon Exploration
Cobalt Cult Hideout Exploration Target: 20

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 15, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[2>4>2>1 Coins][2 Companion(s)][4 Bruises]
Once, someone asked:"Younger Geezer, why do you have so many teeth?"
[Action][2C>4C]Work The Land: 1d4 2
[freeAction][4C>2C][Buy Meal]
[freeAction][2C>1C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages) (Advantage): 2#1d20 3 14
-[Mentors blessing, so DC14 here. :toot:]
New Skill?: 1d20 20
To which the Not-Yet-Geezer replied: "They ain't mine."

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
Companions: 1

Ninjer sniffed, then drew his blade for the barest moment before sheathing it. The vampire lunged -.
Monster Fight: 1d20 19
-then fell apart. Ninjer's remaining attendant dutifully sawed its head off, and they returned to the inn in triumph.

"Heh, flawless victory."
Treasure: 1d10+5 10

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 15, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 11 -> 9
Bruises: 1 -> 2

"One Squash Soup and Apple Pie to go, please!"
("So we, um, I can share it with my friends who literally support me!")

\
"You! You're the one been scrumping my fields!"

"Sugar! It's Old Mac! (Christopher, do your worst!)"

Buying a meal.
Brawling Old Mac: 2d20k1 7
Injury roll (DC: 4): 1d20 9

"He spilt the soup!"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Map: Aviary Aggressions 79 > 99(update post) > 104/160
code:
Maelstrom- Your crit range increases to 18-20.
Mister Spearron, bring your head near it's face. It'll take so long trying to find the pea in your head, the rest of us will be able to take it out easily. You're in no danger, bird brain!

Birdbrain can't be beat: 1d20+1+3 23+3 crit 26

See! The early bird kills two tentacles with a stone from the bush, Ms. Maisy. let's nest, flick and brood at your place after this, yeah?

Avies Avenged: 1d20 19

Ten town birds get!

The birds waddled to the next window to take flight.

Fly feeling fine in fights future: 1d20+1+3 5

And tripped straight into another monster den!

Monster mayhem misc?: 1d20 8

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Coins: 22-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-1-1-1-1=0
Bruises: +1+1+1+1=4
Drinks: +1+1=2

Skills:
2 - Take 10
3 -
5 - Good looking (-2 Flirt DC)
10 -

Companions:
+

Those who had witnessed the calm, measured approach Hawkins had to dungeon spelunking might be surprised at the feather-flying flurry of financial freehandedness now he was back at the Vagrant

"Marcel, my good man. I'll be having a veritable banquet to go with a grand melee. Let's start with some cold cuts, anything lying around."

Free action Buy a Meal -2 Gold

"Betty, doyenne of destructive amusements. I'm making downpayments on my breakages bill."

Free action Brawl and pay for property damage -1 Gold
Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 16 14
New skill: 1d20 3 Unknown Skill 3 Unlocked!

"Excellent! A thoroughly educational bout of fisticuffs. Marcel, next course. Got any crudites?"

"Sorry about the table, Betty. Upping my restitution."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 10 11 +1 Bruise
bruise check DC2: 1d20 12 No injury

"Pain is a good teacher. The lesson, don't do that again. Marcel, something quick and easy, if you please"

"This should cover the object that proved to have less structural integrity than my face, Betty. Though it was a closer run thing than I'd have liked."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 6 17
New skill: 1d20 10 Unknown Skill 10 unlocked!

"My, we're going all sorts of uncharted places lately. Got any trail mix, Marcel?"

"I realise things might need renovation, and at least I'm paying my dues, Betty."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 1 14 +1 bruise
bruise check DC4: 1d20 13

"Ah good, the soup is ready. Impeccable timing, all things considered. Merci, Marcel."

"I should probably do this lump sum rather than piecemeal, Betty."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 18 16
New skill: 1d20 10 reroll
New skill: 1d20 5 Good Looking recognised!

"I hope you realize how much I appreciate and respect your cooking acumen, Marcel."

"Once more into the breach, dear Betty. Talents of gold for talents of skill."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 9 7 +1 bruise
bruise check DC6: 1d20 10

"Right then. One drink for me and one drink for that companionable personage there, Gilligan, please and thank you."

Free Action buy a Drink -1 Gold
drink check DC2: 1d20 3

Free action Buy Someone a Drink and Flirt -1 Gold
Flirt with advantage: 2#1d20 10 1

"No? Then may you have success in your future endeavours and let our parting be amicable."

"Let's try that again, Gilligan. The one over there at that table. Much obliged."

Free Action buy a Drink -1 Gold
drink check DC4: 1d20 9

Free action Buy Someone a Drink and Flirt -1 Gold
Flirt with advantage: 2#1d20 15 18 +1 Companion!

"Oh, excellent! Welcome to the team, my fine associates are happily carousing with their shares from our latest triumph over here. I'll let you get acquainted."

Tavern Action Brawl
Brawl: 1d20 1 +1 bruise
bruise check DC8: 1d20 13

"One should always strive to keep learning, but sometimes I could wish for a better alma mater than the school of hard knocks."

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

5:08 AM, the next morning.

Betty, Gilligan, and Marcel, sat at a table in the middle of the Tavern, sharing a half-pack of smokes between them. The carousing was done. Their guests for the evening gone home or sleeping off their drink beneath tables and wedged in corners. All three looked ragged and spent. Betty kept dozing fitfully, her cigarette burning to a stump in her hand. Marcel's head was in his hands as he leaned over the table. Gilligan stared forward, looking at nothing in particular. He finally realized his smoke was finished. He crushed it into the tray, pulled out a new one, looked at it contemplatively.

Gilligan: "Rent's going up. All this new business, Al saw the money on the table."

The other two didn't react, other than a small grunt or a moan from each. Gilligan pulled the cigarette to his lips. Lit it with a minor cantrip. Took a puff and blew.

Gilligan: "So I bought the Inn."

Marcel whipped his head up, his cigarette lolling comically on the side of his mouth, threatening to drop at any instant as his jaw fell agape. Betty didn't move, but her eyes flashed open and a grin sprung to her face.

Gilligan: "Spent everything I had saved up. Borrowed some, too, from Old Mac, Granny Smithe. They remembered when the town first started, as children. They remembered Al's great grandpappy as a real entrepreneur. A man with a vision. Who built this place on sweat and spirit alone. Promoted it, got some adventurers in, had some bad luck with a big bad monster escaping into the rest of the world. But, the real problem was, his line was weak. Simple as that. Al's not even smart enough to stick around. He's taking the money and running to the city. He'll be beggaring his family in two years. Can't work with a man like that."

Gilligan took another drag on his smoke as the other two collected themselves, their spirits returning. Both sat up a bit straighter. Gilligan turned to Marcel.

Gilligan: "Write your Son, Marcel. Get him back here. You need a sous-chef you can trust."

Marcel: "Monsieur Gill, he is a young man, with a young famille. I will have to promise him payment."

Gilligan: "He'll get paid, as long as we don't gently caress this up. And we won't gently caress this up."

Marcel took a moment, but then nodded, firmly.

Gilligan: "Find a couple of likely lads for now to fill in as line cooks, scullion boys. We're going to prioritize a kitchen reno. You need space to work."

Tears entered Marcel's eyes, and he did nothing to stop them trickling down his cheeks.

Marcel: "Merci, Monsieur."

Gilligan turned his gaze to Betty.

Gilligan: "You ready to run the Inn?"

Betty: "gently caress, yes."

Gilligan, with a grin: "I thought you might be. Fire the current staff. Bring in a few smart girls that you can trust. I want to offer a luxury service experience. Warm baths. Laundry. Room service."

Betty: "You got it, Gill."

Gilligan: "For myself, I'm going to talk to Oleg and get him on the payroll. Get the minor fixes done quick. Make sure the brawling doesn't gently caress with the bar quite so much anymore. Get him working on the serious renos."

Gilligan set a bottle of clear Dwarven spirits on the table and poured them each a shot. He raised his glass, and they all sombrely did the same.

Gilligan: "We're in this, together."

: "Together."

They all slam the shot. Gilligan stands, buttons up his suit jacket. Combs out his hair with his fingers.

Gilligan: "Shift's about to start. Let's get to it."

The other two stand. They all clasp hands, and go their separate ways. They've got work to do.

New Tavern service options will be coming soon!

Little Dennis, shoving Old Mac aside and sending him flying across a table: "Mr. Tower. Your renumeration. Come back and play again."

Mr. Tower wins 8 coins while Gambling! Mr. Tower gains Advantage on his next Brawl Action!

Lug Thunkhard loses his Gambled Coins.

Stabdee gains three Temporary Companions.

Lug Thunkhard gains a skill by Brawling - "Muscle Memory"

Saikrit Baus and The Geezer gain a Spoilered Skill by Brawling! - Refer to 2nd Post for skill descriptions.

Hawkins gains multiple skills while Brawling! - "Fancy Footwork", "Good Looking", "Shield Scroll"
Since you technically missed out on an extra action, you get another one next turn.

Hawkins gains a Companion by Flirting!

Guy: "Oh, a map to my enem- to that strange cult's base of operations? Happy to oblige!"

Stabdee gains a Map!

--------Questing--------

Sylvestre - The Aviary Aggressions - 94/160 - 2 Monsters

Sylvestre's complete success in defeating the Mind Slaver yielded immediate results as its captives were freed and set to work scouring the body for valuables. One found an Escape Hole scroll and the 10 former captives fled the dungeon to follow Sylvestre's instructions on how to find the nearby village.

Flying high on cloud nine, Sylvestre's party turned a corner without taking the normal precautions and the lead bird was suddenly skewered by a triple spear trap, then, as it slowly spun the poor bird end over end, it was roasted by twin flame traps in the floor and ceiling. Finally, some acidic brown goo was distributed from a trough that slid from the side wall onto the remains.

Rolling a nat 1 while exploring a dungeon results in an immediate Death Penalty. 1 Companion is lost.

Note: no monster appears on a nat 1, so the Random Monster roll is negated.

Ninjer - Monster Hunting Completed!

Arriving at the outskirts of the village, the tall, dark, menacing form of - oh, right, it's just Guy. There he is!

Guy: "Greetings! Oh, I'll take that lovely head off your hands. Very well done, I'm sure."

He passes a decent handful of coins to Ninjer's attendant and nabs the head, striding quickly out of town.

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 21-2=19-5x3=4
Companions: 3>4
Hired Mercenaries: 0->3

Ah, my deare Betty! May I trouble you for a momente? I need a bakers dozen pints of yer finest Grave Ales, an olm of Mourning Mead and three oz Spirit-Spirits on the morrow, I've a wake to attend, on account of the plague you see.

freeACT: Purchase 20 2 Drinks and Flirt
Purchase 20 2 Drinks and Flirt:
20#1d20+1
12 [1d20=11]
18 [1d20=17]

+1 companion

freeACT: Hire three hired hands for 15 gold

Ah, yesse, thank you for lending mee these fine specimens sellswords, mr. Guyye, your golde, as promised.

"Time to go pay my olde friend Arkay a visite, I thinke."

Find the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20 11 x10 = 110

Explore the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20+1 11

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 15, 2024