Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Besides, that claim was a breadcrumb to my real role so it wasn't even a lie. It is a a couple logical leaps to arrive there so I'm comfortable announcing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Game started this morning Keats, it’s a first vote for a death Miller joke claim? That’s kindof all it is.

And your reactions don’t really feel great here, kind of.. extra? Too much? But it’s still mostly just a death miller joke vote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Johnny Keats posted:

Besides, that claim was a breadcrumb to my real role so it wasn't even a lie. It is a a couple logical leaps to arrive there so I'm comfortable announcing this

Right see this is the stuff I knew was right around the corner lmao

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Right see this is the stuff I knew was right around the corner lmao

It's fun! And doesn't get in the way of my desire to scumhunt so that's even better. I just couldn't resist talking about my own role when I have just received it and it's a funny role. Anyway I'll slow down

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Would scumYuming do the miller gambit? Probably not.

Gonna go with my gut here and:
##vote Sporkchan

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Spork

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yuming wouldn't fake claim Miller right off the bat like this.
Keats always fake claims something right off the bat like this

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kinda interested in what TMor thinks about this game, but I never remember what times TMor is active.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CubicalSucrose posted:

Kinda interested in what TMor thinks about this game, but I never remember what times TMor is active.

weird times

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

fool of sound posted:

Really think you've already failed!!

My feeling as well.

Cube, don't you post townie every game?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Johnny Keats posted:

What are you trying to say here? You listed after Yuming's claim without comment on it. So voting for my claim can rightfully be called hopping over Yuming's claim. If you want to say my claim was more worth commenting, you can say that. I've just made an observation

I mean, death miller is different than miller, so yeah. Yours is more worth commenting on.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Johnny Keats posted:

I think a miller claim after already claiming an investigating role for 5 posts is worth commenting on, just the same as a first-post death miller claim that was probably a joke. But what do I know

Keats. Are you aware you've mixed up AFQM and yuming?

AFQM claimed an investigative role.

yuming claimed miller as her first post.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

SporkChan posted:

Keats. Are you aware you've mixed up AFQM and yuming?

AFQM claimed an investigative role.

yuming claimed miller as her first post.

Really? Lol and Sandwolf didn't even notice

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Really don't think that we should bother debating if a death miller claim is serious. It's not. I read yuming's as a joke too honestly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

fool of sound posted:

Really don't think that we should bother debating if a death miller claim is serious. It's not. I read yuming's as a joke too honestly.

Agreed, the act of claiming a death Miller from keats is -1 to me tho

Spacebanito
Dec 4, 2009

Die thou unsung.
Confusing AFQM and Yuming is an odd mistake to make with avatars that don't look terribly similar. That said, I don't personally get much value out of this d1 swinging. I also am not sure staring at the Miller claim is too valuable either, but I'll admit I only played in one game with a Miller and that one VERY quickly blew up due to the sheer number of out of sequence deaths that occurred so I'll instead pose a question: What is actionable about a Miller claim that is any different from someone just saying "I'm Town"? Unless someone has a Day Investigate or something

Speaking of weird roles, and probably not useful information...What is a Death Miller? What does 'Death' modify on there?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Eh. Keats mixing up two players is a townlean for me. ScumKeats doesn't make that mistake, but townKeats plays fast and loose on D1.

I see the death Miller claim as being just Keats though. Doesn't effect my read.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Is what?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spacebanito posted:

Confusing AFQM and Yuming is an odd mistake to make with avatars that don't look terribly similar. That said, I don't personally get much value out of this d1 swinging. I also am not sure staring at the Miller claim is too valuable either, but I'll admit I only played in one game with a Miller and that one VERY quickly blew up due to the sheer number of out of sequence deaths that occurred so I'll instead pose a question: What is actionable about a Miller claim that is any different from someone just saying "I'm Town"? Unless someone has a Day Investigate or something

Speaking of weird roles, and probably not useful information...What is a Death Miller? What does 'Death' modify on there?

It means that they flip scum when they're dead but are actually town

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A point against him

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

It means that they flip scum when they're dead but are actually town

and I don’t believe they’ve ever been used, even as a joke, because of how miserable they would be. I’m p sure they were created here as a joke worst possible role

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Spacebanito posted:

Miller investigates as scum but is town. Their flip when killed will reflect this, stating they were on the town team. Sometimes this includes things like a gunsmith (can Kill/can not kill), sometimes it's exclusive to a cop (Town/not Town).

Death miller investigates as town, and is town. Their flip will not reflect this though, stating they were on the scum team.

Death miller is generally considered poor form from the mod, as it means that mod communications (the flips) can't be trusted.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Spacebanito posted:

Confusing AFQM and Yuming is an odd mistake to make with avatars that don't look terribly similar.?

I have confused these two in the past. Something to do with the color avatar not really being *that* colorful and both feature human women, as well as both being IRL women too (I think). Anyway that is definitely what happened

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

and I don’t believe they’ve ever been used, even as a joke, because of how miserable they would be. I’m p sure they were created here as a joke worst possible role

I was a Reverse Death Miller in my very first game one million years ago, but the game was based around them.

All the more reason to assume that Keats was joking, like he does in 99% of games

Spacebanito
Dec 4, 2009

Die thou unsung.

SporkChan posted:

Miller investigates as scum but is town. Their flip when killed will reflect this, stating they were on the town team. Sometimes this includes things like a gunsmith (can Kill/can not kill), sometimes it's exclusive to a cop (Town/not Town).

Death miller investigates as town, and is town. Their flip will not reflect this though, stating they were on the scum team.

Death miller is generally considered poor form from the mod, as it means that mod communications (the flips) can't be trusted.

Oh weird. I've definitely played in a game or two with 'false' death flips like that, but they were rolls that 'burned the body', as in someone being killed by this action just doesn't reveal at all.

SporkChan posted:

Eh. Keats mixing up two players is a townlean for me. ScumKeats doesn't make that mistake, but townKeats plays fast and loose on D1.

I see the death Miller claim as being just Keats though. Doesn't effect my read.

Anyway, I'll have to, at least at present, accept that you know they'd be more careful than that as scum, though I don't know if it's especially a good idea to use info/behaviors from past games to inform this one.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Spacebanito posted:

Oh weird. I've definitely played in a game or two with 'false' death flips like that, but they were rolls that 'burned the body', as in someone being killed by this action just doesn't reveal at all.

Anyway, I'll have to, at least at present, accept that you know they'd be more careful than that as scum, though I don't know if it's especially a good idea to use info/behaviors from past games to inform this one.

Non-flips are a "sometimes" thing and typically referred to as being "janitored."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

SAW is live - https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Spoiler alert: The Maerlyn vs. Zoya match already happened.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am serious! And to be as clear as possible I ~seem~ ~bad~ : the wording is vague.

It does make sense with my flavor.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

yuming posted:

I am serious! And to be as clear as possible I ~seem~ ~bad~ : the wording is vague.

It does make sense with my flavor.

What the gently caress (not aggressive) does that mean?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Also Cube voted Yuming randomly before Yuming claimed miller so clearly they are scum together.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Johnny Keats posted:

I am trying not to quote my role. What I’m saying is it’s not worded “you investigate as scum.”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Johnny Keats posted:

lmao I’m stealing this too

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Also Cube voted Yuming randomly before Yuming claimed miller so clearly they are scum together.

We were last time along with Maerlyn and mowed down our opposition in the pigeon game. 10/10 would scum with Yuming again.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

CubicalSucrose posted:

We were last time along with Maerlyn and mowed down our opposition in the pigeon game. 10/10 would scum with Yuming again.

Would or are?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

Meh, town didn't have me so it couldn't have been that hard

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote Fancy

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

yuming posted:

I am trying not to quote my role. What I’m saying is it’s not worded “you investigate as scum.”

That sounds like a flavor miller. They've been popular in role madness-y games lately. Like, for example, in touhou mafia town youkai were flavor millers.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Meh, town didn't have me so it couldn't have been that hard

Oh I'm also on Uplift 4. Or possibly Uplift trilogy 2 book 1? It's not as good a series as Hyperion. The first one was fun and the overall concept is kinda interesting, but I wasn't super engaged by the 2nd or 3rd books.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I have a feeling this might be right again ##vote Cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Also somewhat suspicious of Keats