Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Dreamt there was a bear with severe mange rampaging in my backyard. It came into the house and I shot it several times with a 9mm which didn't stop it (guns never do work in dreams, it seems). I called a coworker to come over with her .410 pistol and shot it twice more, which finally put it down. Then paramedics showed up and started doing CPR on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I had gone in person to take an exam for a class I had neither attended nor bothered to look at any of the class materials. I figured I could just fake it and get an OK grade.

The exam had multiple parts, the first of which was a fill-in-the-blank section involving business terms. I was deliberating over my answers, second guessing my choices as other students finished their exams and left. I was running out of time and had barely even touched the other parts of the exam, and it was slowly dawning on me that I was going to fail the exam badly.

I'm 40 and still having occasional 'taking an exam you didn't study for' dreams. I guess they never really go away.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 17:10 on May 1, 2024

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm 40 and still having occasional 'taking an exam you didn't study for' dreams. I guess they never really go away.

43, and same. Or it's "Oh poo poo I haven't been to this class all semester, I think there's a test today".

I had a dream that Bill Bellicheck was my uber driver. We talked football and then he dropped me off at home.
I'm not even a pats fan.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Imagine how bad those get when that was actually something you did once

(decades later, I'm being treated for ADHD!)

The university PTSD dreams I get nowadays are more along the lines of "turns out you missed a math course in your final year so you have to go back and take it if you still want to have a career"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I rarely remember my dreams but the ones I do recall are often variants of these. Usually "you're onstage for a play and don't know any of your lines," or "you signed up for a course but forgot to drop it, now it's the end of the semester and you have to take the final." Funny how powerful those tend to be.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I was actually put on the wrong mailing list about finals and took the final for a different version of a course which had stuff i had never studied, and everyone waa reasonable and because it all worked out fine IRL, I've never had that as a stress dream about the topic since.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

It bothers me that I've never considered it that way.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My college dreams are all just about realising I've completely forgotten to attend class for a long time and now I need to work out my schedule but I'm too embarrassed to admit how many lectures I've missed.

Also much of my time in college.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Same here. I was actually going to say: not studying and winging it on an exam is how I spent a lot of high school (which is over 20 years ago now).

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Showing up wildly unprepared to exams was also standard, I just don't have dreams about it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I woke up in some strange apartment with a friend of mine. She said the owners were going to be back any minute, so we had to hurry. She climbed out the window but I couldn't seem to; the window had some strange folding mechanism that made it strange to climb through. I couldn't figure it out, so I decided to go out the back. The way was clear into a parking lot, so I rushed back into the apartment to grab my things. I opened the closet to discover all my clothes were there, hung up. I grabbed as much as I could and carried this huge katamari of clothing outside. I placed it on a random car in the parking lot so I could figure out what to do next, but then the car started driving away. I screamed and screamed, "That's my clothes! Those are my loving clothes!!!! You're taking my clothes!!!!" I pounded on the hood of my own car, which I discovered there. I kept screaming, THOSE ARE MY CLOTHES while pounding the hood of my car again and again and again and again and again.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I was a scientist who created a "creature" that was humanoid, but with no skin and had a head basically as tall as itself that was alligator/crocodile-shaped which when opened was just full of teeth with no obvious throat hole. The way it ate was opening its mouth and pinning the food against the wall and moving up and down like a brillo pad until the teeth ground them into a meat slurry, at which put it put out a tube and sucked it up. I wanted to train it to be a pet, so I put out ads for pet training interns (unpaid) and kept getting increasingly frustrated that they kept getting eaten. The dream ended when it learned how to use one of the interns' key cards and started to make its way to me while I hid in a locker.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 02:58 on May 2, 2024

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well I certainly hope you learned your lesson and never do that again

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

flavor.flv posted:

Well I certainly hope you learned your lesson and never do that again

If it doesn't resume tonight with it finding me and eating me, I'd do it again, just with better security. e: maybe also better vetting of my interns

He was kind of cute as long as you ignored basically every aspect of its existence.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 03:10 on May 2, 2024

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I had a dream I was visiting my old department from grad school, where I ran into a friend who was now a professor there and joked about how old we were. The weird thing is, the layout of the building was basically the same as the real one, the professors there were the real ones, my dream self even got the right year that I graduated, but my friend in the dream was a completely made up character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

43, and same. Or it's "Oh poo poo I haven't been to this class all semester, I think there's a test today".

I'm curious if these are contingent on having actually experienced that before.

Like I had one "gently caress up semester" in college where I almost never attended classes and had a constant sense of anxiety/dread related to that, and I just assume the occasional dream like that is based off of that experience.

I also (unfortunately far more frequently) have the "opiate addict/suboxone" version of this dream, where the premise is that I just landed after a plane flight and realized I forgot to bring my suboxone.

The one upside to my dreams is that "normal nightmares" are vanishingly rare. For some reason a nearly universal aspect to my dreams is "the knowledge that I can escape from the dream." So I'll have a dream where I'll be in danger or something and then just sort of yell in the dream to make myself wake up. A few weeks ago I had the first "normal nightmare" in ages and it was pretty novel. I was in a hallway and saw a pair of legs with another pair of legs attached to its waist instead of an upper torso walk out of a door. Looked like some Silent Hill creature. I woke up yelling upon the reveal of the weird legs-creature.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Last night I dreamed about a new shopping mall, where the gimmick was that half the shops were empty, but you could imagine whatever you wanted and it would appear in one of the vacant shops.

I imagined a German beer hall, which appeared right on cue. I went in, there was a guy playing acoustic covers of Backstreet Boys songs, and I was given a free eisbock. And another, and another, until I had to be picked up off the floor and dragged out, and that’s when I woke up.

I quit drinking years ago but I still miss German beers.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He was kind of cute as long as you ignored basically every aspect of its existence.
Is this the r/relationships thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My dead cat showed up in my dream and I was so excited and I ran up to play with him and then I was woken up by my alarm. By the time I turned them off and got the air back on, I wasn't getting back to that dream :(

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

It's been two and a half years and my father still shows up alive in my dreams. Usually we have to hide the fact that he died from him for ~reasons~ that are never explained in dream.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My mom passed over two years ago. Anytime I have a 'mom dream' I write it down in a Google doc.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

My friend and I were playing a game, and we reached a new area, the Ocean Kingdom. There was this pathway we were walking along, going through the sandy dunes and stones. And floating above the sea on a flying wooden ship stood the Ocean King.

He was this big ol' cartoonish Henry VIII sort of dude, big and jovial with white and purple robes and a thick red beard, and he was grinning down at the people on the pathway, waving and welcoming everyone to his kingdom.
I just shook my head and went, "haa... kings."

We traveled a bit through the sandy wilderness in a path that was submerged in water. I guess there were some Princess Peach Showtime elements, like these water vents that were pushing us around with a current, but we'd go up and do a thing? and then barnacles and clams would appear on the vents and stop the currents. And a few coins would appear. By the end of the path we'd collected a handful of these coins.

We finally got to the town, which was a beautiful seaside town with big sweeping pathways and large arches and buildings of pastel stucco and stone, all partially submerged in the water. We happened across a couple townspeople talking to one another.
"He just came right up to me," one of them said, "I had 100 coins, and he took them all!"
I asked what the problem was, and they told me that the King would go through the town and if you had any money he'd just chase you down and take it from you.
"It's not his fault, really," they said. "He just really, really loves money!"

We came to a sort of general goods/souvenir shop with lots of golden items on sale. Looking closer, I saw they were selling money! Golden 10-coin bills, for just 5 coins each! I bought a few, all the time worried that the King was gonna show up and take 'em. I ended up finding a bank, which was selling this "Coin of the King's Honor" or something, for only 10,000 coins.

I went, "ah, I get it. That coin is the end goal, and I'm supposed to buy and sell items here to get enough to get it. But if the King catches you, you lose everything."

There was an arched hallway next to the shop, lined with a bunch of little stalls. It was something between a jewellery store and an arcade ticket redemption counter, with lots of golden plastic trinkets for sale for weirdly expensive amounts: 500 coins, 1000 coins, and so on. The cheapest stall was 400. I had about 300 coins at this point.

"Ah, okay," I said, "you've got to buy these trinkets now and then so you're not holding too much money."

I went back through the store and found a wall with community events postings and such, as well as a little stack of bills in a "take if you need them" tray. I took them all. I ended up with 405 coins, now scared the King would show up and ruin all my hard work. I rushed to the trinkets room and over to the 400-coin stall.

"Which one should we get?" I asked my friend, "Hurry, we gotta pick one! The robots, or the Star Wars spaceships, or..." we spotted a plastic gorilla and both nodded.
"Gorilla."

I grabbed the gorilla and returned to the store with five coins left, ready to resume buying and trading. But we heard a booming voice coming from the doorway.

"I HEAR MONEY!"

Everyone in the shop scattered, and the King burst through the door, a crazed, gleeful grin on his face. He spotted me and stomped over with his hands out, chanting, "Money, money, money! C'mon, give your King some MONEY!"
He had me cornered against a wall, and I woke up before he could take my last five coins.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Last Visible Dog posted:

My friend and I were playing a game, and we reached a new area, the Ocean Kingdom. There was this pathway we were walking along, going through the sandy dunes and stones. And floating above the sea on a flying wooden ship stood the Ocean King.

He was this big ol' cartoonish Henry VIII sort of dude, big and jovial with white and purple robes and a thick red beard, and he was grinning down at the people on the pathway, waving and welcoming everyone to his kingdom.
I just shook my head and went, "haa... kings."

We traveled a bit through the sandy wilderness in a path that was submerged in water. I guess there were some Princess Peach Showtime elements, like these water vents that were pushing us around with a current, but we'd go up and do a thing? and then barnacles and clams would appear on the vents and stop the currents. And a few coins would appear. By the end of the path we'd collected a handful of these coins.

We finally got to the town, which was a beautiful seaside town with big sweeping pathways and large arches and buildings of pastel stucco and stone, all partially submerged in the water. We happened across a couple townspeople talking to one another.
"He just came right up to me," one of them said, "I had 100 coins, and he took them all!"
I asked what the problem was, and they told me that the King would go through the town and if you had any money he'd just chase you down and take it from you.
"It's not his fault, really," they said. "He just really, really loves money!"

We came to a sort of general goods/souvenir shop with lots of golden items on sale. Looking closer, I saw they were selling money! Golden 10-coin bills, for just 5 coins each! I bought a few, all the time worried that the King was gonna show up and take 'em. I ended up finding a bank, which was selling this "Coin of the King's Honor" or something, for only 10,000 coins.

I went, "ah, I get it. That coin is the end goal, and I'm supposed to buy and sell items here to get enough to get it. But if the King catches you, you lose everything."

There was an arched hallway next to the shop, lined with a bunch of little stalls. It was something between a jewellery store and an arcade ticket redemption counter, with lots of golden plastic trinkets for sale for weirdly expensive amounts: 500 coins, 1000 coins, and so on. The cheapest stall was 400. I had about 300 coins at this point.

"Ah, okay," I said, "you've got to buy these trinkets now and then so you're not holding too much money."

I went back through the store and found a wall with community events postings and such, as well as a little stack of bills in a "take if you need them" tray. I took them all. I ended up with 405 coins, now scared the King would show up and ruin all my hard work. I rushed to the trinkets room and over to the 400-coin stall.

"Which one should we get?" I asked my friend, "Hurry, we gotta pick one! The robots, or the Star Wars spaceships, or..." we spotted a plastic gorilla and both nodded.
"Gorilla."

I grabbed the gorilla and returned to the store with five coins left, ready to resume buying and trading. But we heard a booming voice coming from the doorway.

"I HEAR MONEY!"

Everyone in the shop scattered, and the King burst through the door, a crazed, gleeful grin on his face. He spotted me and stomped over with his hands out, chanting, "Money, money, money! C'mon, give your King some MONEY!"
He had me cornered against a wall, and I woke up before he could take my last five coins.

This is basically how libertarians view reality

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was running through a crowded mall. Everyone had read the new chapter of One Piece that revealed the big mystery that has been building up for over 20 years, except me. Everyone was talking with each other and discussing it, and I was desperately fleeing from each group as they talked, trying to avoid getting spoiled. People would walk up to me and ask me if I'd read it and before I could say no they would start gushing about it, and I'd homer simpson scream and run away from them in a panic. I dashed into an open elevator and frantically pressed the close door button over and over, then slumped in relief against the back wall when it closed and all was silent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
All these break weeks Oda has taken recently during one of the most climactic moments in the entire series is getting to me, apparently

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
There were newspaper headlines and news reports saying NOTHING GROWS IN NORTH DAKOTA

And then Jesse Ventura showed up to make a speech and he kept saying daKOta in a funny way :)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Just had a relatively typical nonsense dream - dreamt I was attending some type of food fair with a whole bunch of stuff from East Asia that was for some reason being run by my bosses, that I had a bunch of money in my wallet, but most of it was British currency so I had to pay with what I imagined to be a Swedish check (on which my boss forged my signature).

Then I was somehow on a train to get to my partner's family home, which meant I first had to get into Stockholm, and then get to a different station, and on route a statue's head came off, to which a local person said something like 'Good! I never liked that statue anyway!'

...but what made this dream noticable is that it is the first time I've been hearing things in a dream distinctly in English AND Swedish, and I was understanding the Swedish. So that's promising for my bilingualism!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Dreamed a new gameshow called "Wank to the Bank" where a guy is in a chair with his partner on one side and his mother on the other. If he can masturbate to completion, he wins $10k. His partner can do anything to help him short of actually touching him but his mother also has to remain in the chair next to him. In typing this up, I realize that the partner's help should be referred to as "bone a friend".

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Marcade posted:

It's been two and a half years and my father still shows up alive in my dreams. Usually we have to hide the fact that he died from him for ~reasons~ that are never explained in dream.

Those dreams can be pretty hard :smith: my dad passed in February & I recently had a semi-weird dream, where it was my birthday & I was hanging with him & my mom. Weird part was he put my presents in the fridge for some reason, but I was more focused on him than that. He was smiling & said "happy birthday" right before I hugged him & told him how much I missed him. Woke up in tears for the first time in a LONG while.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Discord was sending the messages I sent to everyone on my contacts list and I didn't realize until I started flirting with my bf and other people started replying

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Killingyouguy! posted:

Discord was sending the messages I sent to everyone on my contacts list and I didn't realize until I started flirting with my bf and other people started replying

That was real life and y'all are gross

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Also, I have a new gameshow if you two would like to appear.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I had to listen to a phone call I took that was being audited for my federal call center job. I answered the call and provided my standard introduction. There was some static in the phone call. I kept asking, "Hello? Hello?" during the call and could hear someone trying to speak through the static. The only audible word from the caller that got through after a second of silence was, "Heard," and a random three-digit number.

The auditor asked me some questions about the call and if I knew anything more about the caller, but I told them no, I knew nothing about the caller nor could I even look up their information without a social security number.

I got no follow-up on the call or the audit. While at work, I saw a clerk with a long canvas sack they were struggling with moving. The drawstring loosened and its contents spilled out. Three long cannisters fell to the ground. I opened one and inside was a rolled up stack of paper. I read the report, and on the front page was my name. The report described a little girl named Amber, who had an imaginary friend named Peter Rabbit. He would tell her things like aliens were real and trying to communicate with her. The report contained images and a link to a server with black-and-white video of a little girl wandering around a launch pad. She managed to sneak into the capsule with the rocket's payload the night before launch. The report concluded the phone call came from space, before the capsule disengaged in space after launch while there was still some oxygen inside.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My dream started with me working as a teller at a bank with all my coworkers. I don't know why I was a teller, I'm an IT guy. I shouldn't be here. I was bored as gently caress, so I told my boss I'm going back to my office to get some work done before I fall asleep from boredom. As I was going up stairs to some unknown floor, I decided the black trench coat I was wearing looked really dumb on me, and I should tell my friends who also wore black trench coats that we looked really dumb wearing them in our teens when we listened to industrial music and wore combat boots and a lot of black. I guess this is my brain cycling through various timelines of my life as I'm dreaming. As I was going up the stairs, there was a nice blazer laying on the steps, and I thought it would be a good replacement for my dumb trench coat. But I decided against it because someone might think I stole someone else's jacket. I got lost trying to find my office, and I ended up walking to a back entrance of a theater. I heard jazz music coming from inside, so I decided to go in. There was a sign that read "WOMEN ONLY" and I wasn't sure what to think of that. I went in cautiously because I didn't have a ticket to see the show, and I wasn't a woman. The music stopped as I got closer. It was a bit dark, and I could barely make out a bunch of empty row seats. To the right were a bunch of women sitting together. There was no way around, so I started to climb over the top of the seats from behind. As I moved up a few rows, i looked to my left and sitting in one of the seats was Keanu Reeves. I thought he was just being an average dude sitting at a show enjoying himself. But he was in the WOMEN ONLY section, and I guess that means guys can sit here too. I sat down next to him waiting for the show to start. A black guy with a big afro came out on stage with a whiteboard. He started talking about the effects the climate along the equator has on the wildlife in that area. This wasn't the jazz I came here for. But Keanu kept asking questions to the guy, and they were talking about stuff I had no idea about. The next thing I know Keanu is laying on me. I was smothered, could barely breathe. I asked why he was laying on me, and he didn't respond, he was still talking to the guy with the afro about birds along the equator and how they migrate. I told him this situation was going to make for a really weird email to my coworkers tomorrow, and he let me up without saying anything. I moved over a few chairs and woke up.

Dreams are weird. Why the hell was Keanu Reeves in my dream being a weirdo.

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

I hear a phrase that is so interesting that I need to write it down in case I forget. Unfortunately I only write it down in the dream and completely forget what it was when I wake up.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Komojo posted:

I hear a phrase that is so interesting that I need to write it down in case I forget. Unfortunately I only write it down in the dream and completely forget what it was when I wake up.

If it makes you feel better, the phrase is something like "purple is the fastest color"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I had a weird one this morning that kept flip-flopping in tone between scary and loony tunes level silly. First, we were literally funny cartoon animal characters. But there was a bounty hunter that was trying to kiss us for being queer. My girlfriend and I and our little kid sidekick whose name I never got ducked into a room in a school and grabbed some black curtains off the wall and made mourning gowns complete with veiled hats out of them in a few seconds and walked out crying like a funeral procession

The bounty hunter couldn't just rip our hats off for some reason, so she tried to prove we weren't sad by leaving out some pills that would cure sadness but hurt when you took them, knowing that if I didn't take the pills it would prove I wasn't actually sad enough to be in mourning. Children's show logic.

But during the chases she was so menacing, worse than the wolf in Puss in Boots 2. we were terrified. And there was a big reveal where it turned out she was a centaur which was especially sinister for some reason. It was Christmas and my pet hermit crab had a tree shaped plastic shell. I don't have a hermit crab

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was visiting a friend after my great grandfather passed away and had brought a bunch of the things he had left me. I was showing my friend the neat things he had given me in his will, with the quote "here's some coins, here's some cash, here's some art, here's some prints, here's some books, here's some knick-knacks, I'm outta here, goodbye!"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ticks. Getting swarmed by ticks. Being bitten by then and trying to get them off me, but every time I did there was unpleasant pain.

Strangely enough, I woke up feeling as rested as I ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Had one of those dreams you wake up from and have some severe emotional reaction to.

I was part of a group of two dozen citizens on a hovering open-topped colony ship in the atmosphere of a potentially habitable planet. We were the first in an experiment of synthetic consciousness transference, into humanoid, but obviously robotic forms with human looks. Definitely in the style of Battle Angel Alita-style cyborgs; clearly robotic but with musculature and human designs, human faces but with robotic paneling and details, etc.
e: like this, synthetic but very humanlike:

We were doing reconnaissance and analysis missions on the surface in groups of five. I don't remember any actual trips in the dream beyond that, just that that was the mission. I had become close to one of the other members of my crew, I remember their name was Akari. I went to visit them in their quarters during off time, and noticed they had a significant collection of blades of all sorts of weird and alien and sci-fi style adorning the walls. They were sitting and meditating. I approached them and we talked. Apparently in this setting, relationships were not sexual or that sort, but by a literal merging of two mechanical forms and minds into a new single form, like a transformer or something idk. I just remember they agreed to join into one, and the back of their entire body, arms, legs, and torso, just kind of opened up like a suit, I walked into it and it closed around me, combining, shifting, and changing our two bodies into a new, singular, larger mechanical being. But there was an error in the combination, we were supposed to be together as a single entity, and Akari was absent in this new form of Us. I panicked, running to find help, now in this body too large for a single mind. I ran and ran for a long time through the colony ship, unable to find any of my shipmates for some reason.

At this point I think the dream shifted to another dream, as you normally do in your sleep. but I was still panickedly running through the halls of a large starship, shoving people out of the way as I tried to find an engineer or someone who could help me. This time the ship was flying through space. The captain of the starship who was straight out of some old timey boating story; huge sideburns, a pipe in his mouth, a tricorn hat, a big elaborate coat and an eyepatch, scars all over any visible skin. He grabbed me and threw me against the steering wheel, which despite this being a spaceship, it had an old style boat steering wheel, and loudly commanded me to steer the ship through an asteroid field. We crashed headfirst into multiple small to medium asteroids and he shouted incomprehensibly at me to turn the shields on, and after that we plowed headfirst straight through asteroids larger than the ship itself.

Then I woke up in a cold sweat, feeling a deep sense of unfulfillment.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 10:24 on Jun 5, 2024