Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
cls: semester over and tomorrow God is cursing me to california again. oh, well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
but we have not only figgies, but good burritos

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Stop trying to make figgies happen

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i regret to note the current title of the 'pos interviewing thread

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the trick to SeaTac is that it's my home airport and I rarely have to spend very long inside

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i've heard seatacs new customs suck as bad or worse than the old customs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

is any customs good? I've only been through LAX and it was bad

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i once experienced the customs hall aircon being broken in a spanish summer (read: 90f-ish, 30c-ish) and had to wait an hour so customs with decent hvac is definitively better than customs without

then the customs guy chatted with me for like 5 minutes about yogurt, ignoring the giant line behind me

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I had a good customs experience at FBX

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PokeJoe posted:

JFK and EWR aren't terrible, i suppose due to being in NY and NJ respectively they're pretty quick to get you in and out asap. by contrast PBI was pretty awful and took forever

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

seattle lake union was probably my easiest us customs experience after a flight. it's one dude who shows up just before the flight lands, then fucks off right after

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bob dobbs is dead posted:

but good burritos

nah, you guys put fries in them

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get ones w/o fries

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Cat Face Joe posted:

Not always? Anyway sounds like jealous Arizona talk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

then the customs guy chatted with me for like 5 minutes about yogurt, ignoring the giant line behind me

he knew you were a man of culture

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PokeJoe posted:

oh also whenever i'd been on a boat the port authority (PANYNJ) was pretty good. and you probably already know this but driving through the northern border at least is fine and pretty easy

like, through niagra is fine, i went through in vancouver too and that was also fine. both took maybe 5 minutes

e: huh i could have sworn pennsylvania was part of the port authority at one point, but it seems i was mistaken

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 18, 2024

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

fries is for gyros

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

oh also whenever i'd been on a boat the port authority (PANYNJ) was pretty good. and you probably already know this but driving through the northern border at least is fine and pretty easy

like, through niagra is fine, i went through in vancouver too and that was also fine. both took maybe 5 minutes

e: huh i could have sworn pennsylvania was part of the port authority at one point, but it seems i was mistaken

yeah I meant just airports I guess. I've done Canada by car and boat and both were fine but the boat one felt more stressful for some reason even though I was just a dude on a day trip

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

canada by train is best. they have a cage for the train to/from the us. leaving canada you talk to a us agent at a small wooden desk at the gate to the cage

then when you get to the border proper, agents board and check passports again

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

you can get ones w/o fries

disqualifies the rest tbh

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

betty boof posted:

Stop trying to make figgies happen

when i type "fig" into my phone the first suggested autocomplete option is "figgieland"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

betty boof posted:

Not always? Anyway sounds like jealous Arizona talk

do not accuse me of being an arizona pervert

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

lord fifth posted:

when i type "fig" into my phone the first suggested autocomplete option is "figgieland"
Throw your phone in the toilet and then throw the toilet out the window and then poo poo and pee pee on what's left of it and then set the whole thing on fire while you shuffle around it in a hairshirt flagellating yourself to purify yourself of this terrible evil

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Cat Face Joe posted:

do not accuse me of being an arizona pervert
New Mexico, then?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
c j s: turning into electric tori

went ahead and ordered that REI bike

now to get a coupla milk crates to bungee on and get out and work some of this lard off!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

now to get a coupla milk crates to bungee on and get out and work some of this lard off!
sick. godspeed jonny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

idk I like fries more than arroz, but both are good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

thank you for getting an actual electric bicycle and not an e-motorbike that you inexplicably don’t need a license for. looks sick

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its got the Good brand motor (500w), no throttle lever (i decided against class2), and real hydraulic brakes rather than cable crap. I'm excited.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
now to buy $250 of locks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah hydro brakes are a game changer esp on a cold day when your hands are numb and you got a lot of weight to stop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and do I!!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

its got the Good brand motor (500w), no throttle lever (i decided against class2), and real hydraulic brakes rather than cable crap. I'm excited.

sounds great. is there a speed limiter? if so, any plans to disable it? lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

betty boof posted:

Throw your phone in the toilet and then throw the toilet out the window and then poo poo and pee pee on what's left of it and then set the whole thing on fire while you shuffle around it in a hairshirt flagellating yourself to purify yourself of this terrible evil

this is u when people talk about figgieland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGOOL6j_F8

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

fart simpson posted:

this is u when people talk about figgieland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGOOL6j_F8

I have better hair

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
anyone in the 369 or 707 area codes?

just wondering wtf happened here:

numbers in the area codes were originally projected to be exhausted by 2023, but lol look at what happened when 2023 actually rolled around. did a bunch of people move or something?

(source: https://nationalnanpa.com/reports/2024-1_NPA_Exhaust_Projections_Final.pdf)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
369 got created at the start of 2023 as an overlay code to ease the load on 707

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Kazinsal posted:

369 got created at the start of 2023 as an overlay code to ease the load on 707

that makes too much sense :argh: