Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Cube/Zoya/Yuming/PHuzz have all posted minutes apart and thus should all be plausibly coordinated.

Time to check who posted today around Myc.

So this is a kinda weird thing for you to say. If you're Town, the only person you'd be interested in posting around the same time as mycelia would be Zoya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

CubicalSucrose posted:

Cube/Zoya/Yuming/PHuzz have all posted minutes apart and thus should all be plausibly coordinated.

Time to check who posted today around Myc.

Myc/Yuming, Myc/Zoya, Myc/Cube.

There's a Myc/PHuzz that are close but only before any votes happened.

So I suppose it's still plausible that it's Myc+PHuzz.

And maybe some of the other No-Ex hammers are still possible per Zoya's argument.

So that means...I guess it doesn't strictly rule anyone out.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PhantomMuzzles posted:

So this is a kinda weird thing for you to say. If you're Town, the only person you'd be interested in posting around the same time as mycelia would be Zoya.

I don't think this is accurate.

If you and Myc had posted around the same time, then you two would've had ample opportunity to hammer no-ex.

But you didn't, so it's still plausible that you two are scum, COULD'VE hammer-no-ex'd, but didn't (because of lack of coordination ability).

Now, Zoya is arguing that scum wouldn't NECESSARILY hammer no-ex if they had the opportunity to do so (which...maybe is valid), but it's difficult to take this argument extremely seriously because if it's NOT true then Zoya HAS to be scum with (either you or Yuming).

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't think this is accurate.

If you and Myc had posted around the same time, then you two would've had ample opportunity to hammer no-ex.

But you didn't, so it's still plausible that you two are scum, COULD'VE hammer-no-ex'd, but didn't (because of lack of coordination ability).

Now, Zoya is arguing that scum wouldn't NECESSARILY hammer no-ex if they had the opportunity to do so (which...maybe is valid), but it's difficult to take this argument extremely seriously because if it's NOT true then Zoya HAS to be scum with (either you or Yuming).

Idk, I do think Zoya is right that (assuming she's Town) scum probably wouldn't risk scumrushing the no exe. They'd have to guarantee that they pull off a nightkill on Zoya. If she got docced or was a PGO instead of a vig or something like that, they'd be guaranteed to lose. That's a pretty big gamble, and I doubt they'd take it, especially because the most vocal case today has been against me so they probably felt relatively safe while the no-exe vote was in place

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

not a "would've hammered" because yuming was already the 1 existing vote on pmuzz, would need 1 townie to vote

This post almost made me flip out in the hotel hot tub because it's one of those things that I know I do as scum (correct someone when they're wrong but they're wrong in a way that on-paper would benefit me, so me doing the correction on-paper wouldn't be a smart thing to do HOWEVER the fact that I did an on-paper negative-to-me thing is a town indicator).

And I believe that Zoya is a player who would do the same type of thing. But would they do that (as scum) at the same frequency that I do (pretty often) and would they do it at endgame? I think the answers are "probably not" and "yes but rarely."

So I actually am inclined to believe this is more likely a town indicator than a null post. But I'm not happy about that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Also I'm not sure if I like my recent-ish "use maf posts as a pseudo-liveblog" tendency is a good thing or not, broadly. Worth some reflection after this game is over.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Also I'm not sure if I like my recent-ish "use maf posts as a pseudo-liveblog" tendency is a good thing or not, broadly. Worth some reflection after this game is over.

That's what masonries are for

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PhantomMuzzles posted:

That's what masonries are for

Perhaps.

Were you Moe'd last night?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

This post almost made me flip out in the hotel hot tub because it's one of those things that I know I do as scum (correct someone when they're wrong but they're wrong in a way that on-paper would benefit me, so me doing the correction on-paper wouldn't be a smart thing to do HOWEVER the fact that I did an on-paper negative-to-me thing is a town indicator).

And I believe that Zoya is a player who would do the same type of thing. But would they do that (as scum) at the same frequency that I do (pretty often) and would they do it at endgame? I think the answers are "probably not" and "yes but rarely."

So I actually am inclined to believe this is more likely a town indicator than a null post. But I'm not happy about that.

##poop on Zoya

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Gmorning gang. Am too lazy to quote but wrt Yuming: from my perspective, I just don't see scumYuming defending Spork so hard. 99% was probably an overexaggeration.

I am in fact being very cautious with my vote, but I don't see any way it isn't at least Pmuzz. I'll make an effort to be around all day; the more posting we do now the better, right?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Perhaps.

Were you Moe'd last night?

Nope, no good morning message at all, presumably because I didn't take an action again

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning :sun:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

mycelia posted:

Gmorning gang. Am too lazy to quote but wrt Yuming: from my perspective, I just don't see scumYuming defending Spork so hard. 99% was probably an overexaggeration.

I am in fact being very cautious with my vote, but I don't see any way it isn't at least Pmuzz. I'll make an effort to be around all day; the more posting we do now the better, right?

Probably? It's unclear if there are very many situations where more posting isn't better. I'm going to be around sporadically today but will try to keep relatively active.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Interesting that mycelia posted in thread but didn't respond to pictures of kittens. If that's not scummy idk what is

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

mycelia posted:

Yes, indeed.

I will be in class soon and unavailable until lunch so.

Tell me more about Pmuzz, mycelia~

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

more and more inclined to believe it is mycelia + yuming

which is to say ##poop on mycelia

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

if it turns out to be cube + pmuzz i will feel very bamboozled later today

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Zoya posted:

more and more inclined to believe it is mycelia + yuming

which is to say ##poop on mycelia

Seems like a reasonable poop.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Come forth my fellow feathered friends. Today is the day of reckoning ! !

We must cast the stones or feel the weight of the stones cast upon us ! !

Nature is cruel but impartial~

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm thinking PHuzz and (someone else). The lack of a Moe N3 and N4 after Spork's flip is awkward.

I'm not quite sure who (someone else) is though.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

yuming posted:

Yes, indeed.

I will be in class soon and unavailable until lunch so.

Tell me more about Pmuzz, mycelia~

Hmm ... She posted a lot of kittens. She's been super quiet since this day started, but so have I. Oh, she called Zoya (probably) town! I forgot about that. Before that, she was suspicious of me for mostly posting in the masonry rather than the thread. She was also sussing on Yuming and more lightly on Cube during the Spork debacle.

I guess in hindsight it's odd she took over the Spork thing from me so hard. If she's scum, I made her job super easy.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Ughhhh should I just do it? I should just do it. ##vote pmuzz

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

mycelia posted:

Super convincing waffling, bravo

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

mycelia posted:

##vote PMuzz

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

PhantomMuzzles (3): yuming, mycelia, CubicalSucrose
Execute No One! (0): Zoya, Zoya

Not Voting (2): PhantomMuzzles, Zoya

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 06th, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 4 hours, 9 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
"Interesting choice, but unfortunately I do happen to be one of the good people in this game." PhantomMuzzles said as the birds pushed her through the doorway.

"That's just not possible." the birds said. "There is no way Dr Iwamine is not a serial killer in a mafia game."

"But the alignments were randomi..."

PhantomMuzzles, TOWN-aligned Dr Shuu Iwamine has been locked in the infirmary Day 5!

quote:

You are Iwamine Shuu, the creepy doctor!

Nobody really knows how someone like you was hired as a school doctor, but you are incredibly creepy and rumor has it that students keep disappearing in your office, only to show up again as dinner in the cafeteria and quill pens in the student store. Naturally, those rumors are entirely unfounded.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 5
VIT 3
CHA 1

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
Track: As a night action you may ##track another player, learning who they visited
Watch: As a night action you may ##watch a player, learning who visits them. You may use this ability on yourself.
Ninja: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##ninja to make your action undetectable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
WIS 5: He Is A Doctor After All: You gain a oneshot of ##doctor. What? This is your job after all! You start with this ability.
WIS 10: A Deadly Virus: You succeeded in developing a deadly virus! Yay! You gain a oneshot of ##poison!
CHA 7: Merry Christmas!: You unleash your two wards, Miru and Kaku, on two players,##busdriveing them, switching their targets for the night.

You are TOWN-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Screams echoed through the school hallway.

"Take this! And this! And... this too!" CubicalSucrose shouted, as he tried to attack his target while yuming cheered him on from the sidelines.

"COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" It was clear from the sounds that Zoya had reverted to a feral state because of all that trouble.

Cube barely dodged out of the way of her powerful feathers. "Why do I need to catch that bird anyway, isn't that what we pay you for? My specialty is clearly subterfuge, what with my Moe Death Ray (currently out of commission)!"

"I could never harm the living incarnation of Lord Pudi!" yuming sobbed. "Forgive me, Lord Pudi! Once Lady Maerlyn rises to power, you may join our side and have all the pudding you wish for!"

"COOOOOOOO! (Zoya shall never succumb to your evil false pudding!" Zoya shouted, dropping feathers left and right. "COOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Take my ultimate power! WING ATTACK!)"

As the feather settled, both Cube and Zoya had been knocked unconscious from the fight.

Zoya, TOWN-aligned Oko San has been knocked unconscious Night 5!

quote:

You are Oko San, the athlete!

Coo! (Oko San is the fastest runner in school!) Coooo! (Watch him charge through the cafeteria!) Cooooooooooooo! (Give Oko San all the pudding!)

Your starting stats are:
WIS 1
VIT 5
CHA 3

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
Vigproof: passive ability that protects you from a single killing attack during daytime
Empower: Lets you ##empower a player as a night action, making their action unblockable
Jugg: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##jugg to make your action unblockable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
VIT 10: WING ATTACK: Oko San uses Wing Attack! It's super effective! Gain a ##dayvig!
CHA 7: Real men fight in the nude!: Through the power of not wearing clothes, you gain the passive ability to reflect one killing blow back on the attacker.
WIS 7: You gain the ability to ##demand pudding. The first player to post a pudding recipe you approve of will enter a masonry with you as you follow them home. You will also learn their potential personal abilities, but not if they have earned them yet.

CubicalSucrose, SCUM-aligned Nishikikouji Tohri has been knocked unconscious Night 5!

quote:

You are Nishikikouji Tohri, the megalomaniac editor!

You are quite the angry bird. You are angry because people keep mispronouncing your name, because your evil plans keep failing and because Dr Iwamine Shuu exists (and refuses to acknowledge you). With all this anger, is it any wonder that you have jumped at the chance to join in taking over the school? Maybe Shuu will finally notice you now?

Your starting stats are:
WIS 1
VIT 3
CHA 5

Roleblock: As a night action you may ##roleblock another player, preventing them from taking an action.
Doc: As a night action you may ##doc a player, protecting them from a single killing action. You may target yourself with this.
Loved: As a night action you may make a player loved, meaning they will take one additional vote to get voted out. Any loved players will be announced publically in the day opening post.

WIS 5: editorializing: As a night action you may ##redact the night action results of another player. This has no effects on how their action resolves.
CHA 6: Publisher: You may ##publish an anonymous message to be posted in the thread with the day/night opening. This will be clearly marked as separate from the regular text.
VIT 8: Death Laser: You fire your otaku-powered death laser at the moon, ##obscureing all night results for this night. This has no effects on how actions resolve.

You are SCUM-aligned. You win when your team has full control over the vote.

"Phew." yuming said, looking at the feathers on the ground. "Glad that was the one shot I didn't take."

She went to the detention room and unlocked the door. "Lady Maerlyn! Rejoice! Your foes have been vanquished and the school is yours!

"Finally!" Maerlyn yelled, kicking her math homework across the room. "I have been stuck in here for DAYS! What took you so long!"

As yuming attempted a complicated explanation involving surprising amounts of the word "Moe!", Maerlyn strut through the hallways to the principal's office to make a speech that would mark the beginning of her total reign over the school.

Night 5 ends in a SCUM win! Congratulations, Cube, Maerlyn and yuming!

yuming, SCUM-aligned Gull Guard has been endgamed with two layers of protective vests!

quote:

You are A Gull Guard, local security force!

Security forces, easy and safe! You don't particularly care what kind of job you get hired for.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 2
VIT 5
CHA 2

Vigproof: passive ability that protects you from a single killing attack during daytime
Empower: Lets you ##empower a player as a night action, making their action unblockable
Jugg: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##jugg to make your action unblockable

WIS 6: Cleanup duty: You may ##janitor another player. If they leave the game, their flip will be obscured. You will receive the flip information.
VIT 5: Security Forces: As a night action you may ##bodyguard another player. If they are targeted by a killing action this night or the following day, you will die in their stead. You start with this ability.
VIT 10: Bulletproof uniform: You get one shot of bulletproof

You are SCUM-aligned. You win when your team has full control over the vote.

But in a distant corner of the school, the seeds of rebellion were already sown... Bereft of his allies, mycelia hid in the shadows, biding his time... to fulfill his destiny!

mycelia, TOWN-aligned Higure Anghel may have been chased out of his kingdom, but he will gather his forces and return one day!

quote:

You are Higure Anghel, the otaku!

The Crimson Angel of Judecca has been summoned into this world, to shape the course of its destiny. Yet the destructive power burning inside his chest may prove too much to handle! Will he learn to master it in time, or will he succumb to the evil?

Your starting stats are:
WIS 1
VIT 3
CHA 5

Roleblock: As a night action you may ##roleblock another player, preventing them from taking an action.
Doc: As a night action you may ##doc a player, protecting them from a single killing action. You may target yourself with this.
Loved: As a night action you may make a player loved, meaning they will take one additional vote to get voted out. Any loved players will be announced publically in the day opening post.

WIS 5: Summoning Ritual of Funestres Ritia: Allows you to summon the spirit of a departed player, asking them five yes/no questions before they pass on to the great beyond.
CHA 7: Fallen Fairy of Cocytus, Anghelrun: Bestow your magic upon the deserving, ##empowering their night action!
VIT 7: Pheromones: Through your power to emit pheromones, replace another player's night action with a non-lethal ##verb action of your choice. The exact outcome is up to the mods.

Meanwhile meanwhile, in another city, Bif and the Tsietisins were celebrating their marriage. Not all was lost in this cruel world, as long as a love like theirs could bloom.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Congratulations, scum, on a well-deserved victory.

Also, let me be the first to say this: wol, I owe you an apology. This game clearly did not have enough vigs.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I was so worried that I would have to covertly vote during my escape room escapade.

Then I was worried that after hammering PHuzz I wouldn't be welcome.

More notes once I read everything.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Too many scum MVPs. I will list the scum VVPs (Very Valuable Players).
- Maer, candle burned out quickly but the in-thread content gave Yuming a ton of ammo to nudge the right ways.
- Yuming, course-corrected hard after the first day or two, kept the thread moving along really well, convinced everyone who needed convincing, distanced with me super smoothly.
- Bif, for winning and taking another town with you. Cut down our wincon by a full day.

Some good luck due to:
- Iggy - You read list was good! I was going to go back and reference it at some point supporting my towniness but then I realized what it was actually saying and memory-holed that real quick.
- Loudification - Once that was mentioned, it fully explained the Spork/PHuzz Moe difference, but that didn't seem to get picked up on clearly. A lot easier to know that from scum's POV.
- Yuming prot claim on Moe night went basically unchecked, even after Zoya's Loved-Maker was brought back up.
- (Moe + NK + Zoya self-loved-maker) is three actions and basically meant Zoya was confirmed non-scum. No one caught this. Had I realized it, I might have pushed harder for a Zoya kill over Hal, which would've changed the game.
- All the vigs not going off.

This was a tough game. Feeling really good about covering the world in pudding with my fellow scum.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I can't believe not a single vig went off

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Due to my amazing hammer at the wrong time I was fully expecting to spend the next day explaining my actions and being heavily voted for.

If it had come to -1 vote for me I would have used my one shot random vig, for the lulz.

Because I am punk, and that's what we do.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
And so the world was engulfed in pudding :sun:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Oh wow all the birds at the end were very cute birds!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I will need the final ranking soon!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I will need the final ranking soon!

I'll have to look up everyone's pictures again, but I know how important this is so I'll definitely do it! I was just so confident I was the cutest bird and now I'm not sure...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Thanks for the game all! Hatoful Boyfriend is legit one of my fav things ever. :sparkles:

Thoughts:
  • This is my first scum game since coming back that I’m happy with my play in. From the start I thought our team had styles that complimented each other, Maer getting caught was demoralizing and I did lurk on purpose there to avoid letting my disappointment seep into the thread.

• I did make a point to post more after that! I don’t feel like anyone really engaged with my big cases at LYLO but that is probably in my favor actually. Please give me feedback on my cases guys I wanna improve my scum game :sun:

• re: there being correct ways to play. If I had one point to critique where town misplayed I would say it was revealing the tracking result outright. With Zoya and Josef in a masonry they had a huge information advantage and they had reason to trust one another. I don’t like to bus so casing Maer there instead and saving the result in the masonry would’ve likely damned me over time. I would not have voted there without the result. I would’ve dismissed the case and pushed something else.

• PMuzz I so wanted you to vote me! I hope my smugness didn’t come across as too harsh. I was trying to mimic my own town game and town yuming absolutely would’ve been smug there but it is a fine line when you are scum. Town’s vote is their most powerful weapon! Weild it against your foes to vanquish them ! ! I like to think I would’ve been just as aggresive as town but only Hal could give me feedback on that :h:

• I think Cube did great with the mechanics focus. I can never read Cube as town and I think that played in my favor here. There were also a lot of pitfalls with the unpredictable role possibilities so it was nice having his perspective there too.

• Zoya I failed at my personal wincon of getting you to vote with me. I wanted a Puddi Pals win~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Anghel as the last standing is great from a story standpoint btw.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

yuming posted:

Anghel as the last standing is great from a story standpoint btw.

I won't promise anything, but if I do make a second pigeon mafia, it'll start from the premise of Sakuya having taken over the school and Anghel starting a rebellion.