Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah the driver's still getting charged with what they should be charged with but the cop will get nothing. Well except his leg bending in ways it shouldn't, did you see that poo poo? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's what he got for trying to kick a moving car. Not for the maliciousness.

quick edit: Ugh, one of the biggest things that makes me the most angry in my life is people or institutions in positions of power doing evil things and not getting punished. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 10, 2024

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I agree, I feel like people in positions of power should always get the maximum punishment. If the punishment is a fine or a prison term cops and elected officials get both.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You can find people like that all over the world (but without unfettered access to firearms).

It's the rate at which Florida is so horrible. Time to write it off as a total loss.

Anyone who lives there by choice at this point is complicit IMO

"But I just love the diving / climate / general aviation" :godwin:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illinois-man-allegedly-shot-neighbor-white-woman-black-sons-charged-ha-rcna151637

quote:

An Illinois man was arrested and charged with a hate crime after he allegedly shot his neighbor several times in what authorities say is a racially motivated incident.

Around 5:37 p.m. Tuesday deputies were called to an area in Lockport Township for reports of shots fired. The responding deputies were told that the victim, a 45-year-old woman, had been shot by her neighbor, the Will County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release on Facebook.

Witnesses identified the shooter as John P. Shadbar and said he had "shot the victim outside and was walking around his property with a rifle," according to authorities. They said he allegedly fired dozens of rounds at the woman "from different outside locations."

The shooting was captured on video from security cameras in the area. The sheriff's office said they believe it was racially motivated.

Deputies provided life-saving measures to the woman and she was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities said she had been shot in the chest and hand and underwent surgery. She is currently recovering, the sheriff's office said.

The victim was identified by family members as Melissa Robertson. The family told NBC Chicago that they have been harassed by Shadbar since they moved in 10 years ago. Robertson is white and her sons are Black.

Mikeal Johnson, one of Robertson's sons, told the news station that during one incident Shadbar allegedly yelled slurs like "dead n-words, n-word this, n-word lover."

"[He] called me the n-word straight to my face," Johnson said. "My mom made him apologize. A few days later he comes out holding a gun in his underwear."

Other times, Shadbar would allegedly fire his gun in his yard and toss fireworks between the homes, the family said.

During Tuesday's incident, he was yelling "dead n-word" and was trying to get into the family’s backyard, Robertson’s aunt, Jeanne Beyer, told NBC Chicago. Robertson’s 8-year-old son witnessed the shooting, the family said.

Authorities said Shadbar, 70, barricaded himself inside his residence after the shooting. After speaking with him on the phone, a crisis negotiator convinced him to exit with his hands up, according to the news release.

Deputies said Shadbar made "several incriminating statements" while speaking to the crisis negotiator.

He was transported to the Will County Adult Detention Facility and charged with attempted first-degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and a hate crime. The sheriff's office said additional charges are likely.

The family said that they contacted authorities several times over the years about the alleged harassment, but nothing was ever done about it. NBC News reached out to the Will County Sheriff’s Office.

"This did not need to happen at all. Not just our lives, but his life and his wife’s and our neighbors are all affected by it," Johnson told NBC Chicago.

Shadbar appeared in court on Thursday and was denied pretrial release.

The story is awful, but I'm mostly posting this because of the perp's mugshot.

Imagine looking like this.

Imagine choosing to present yourself to the world with this appearance.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

I agree, I feel like people in positions of power should always get the maximum punishment. If the punishment is a fine or a prison term cops and elected officials get both.

The dirty cop who lives across the street from me got 364 days in county jail for planting evidence and trying to frame some dude on behalf of a drug dealer. He’s back to mowing lawns and chilling right now where, if the frame had held up, that dude would be doing 5-8 in the state prison.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Szyznyk posted:

The dirty cop who lives across the street from me got 364 days in county jail for planting evidence and trying to frame some dude on behalf of a drug dealer. He’s back to mowing lawns and chilling right now where, if the frame had held up, that dude would be doing 5-8 in the state prison.

I was watching an interrogation of some cop who stole thousands of dollars from evidence. They had him dead to rights on recordings and he lied like crazy and even tried to cover it up.

His penalty was getting demoted a single rank. They even paid him back pay for all the time they suspended him while investigating. For a similar level theft a random non cop would probably have gotten grand larceny with several months in jail and a fine worth more than the amount stolen.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illinois-man-allegedly-shot-neighbor-white-woman-black-sons-charged-ha-rcna151637

The story is awful, but I'm mostly posting this because of the perp's mugshot.

Imagine looking like this.

Imagine choosing to present yourself to the world with this appearance.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

https://youtu.be/CoeJ34caOQI

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Szyznyk posted:

wilderthanmild posted:

I was watching an interrogation of some cop who stole thousands of dollars from evidence. They had him dead to rights on recordings and he lied like crazy and even tried to cover it up.

His penalty was getting demoted a single rank. They even paid him back pay for all the time they suspended him while investigating. For a similar level theft a random non cop would probably have gotten grand larceny with several months in jail and a fine worth more than the amount stolen.

We are in desperate need of a hero.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm desperately mashing thr Chris Dorner button, but nothing is happening.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

The Bananana posted:

I'm desperately mashing thr Chris Dorner button, but nothing is happening.

You have to BE Chris Dorner. You can't just demand it from someone else.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Strategic Tea posted:

Anyone who lives there by choice at this point is complicit IMO

"But I just love the diving / climate / general aviation" :godwin:

I live here because im too poor to move my family out and they need me. It actually used to be p decent in times past.

Its just endless asphalt suburban sprawl filled with the worst assholes your states exported to us. Leave the keys and the everglades alone otherwise just glass everywhere you can see light from orbit. The swamp will reclaim it.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Anchor Wanker posted:

I live here because im too poor to move my family out and they need me. It actually used to be p decent in times past.

Its just endless asphalt suburban sprawl filled with the worst assholes your states exported to us. Leave the keys and the everglades alone otherwise just glass everywhere you can see light from orbit. The swamp will reclaim it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://x.com/msmalarkey24/status/1789513771280384426?s=61&t=2_0g7uj-8jmKm4C6BGVImw

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
There’s more and more homeless folks showing up around my town. I went into Pittsburgh with my roommate and we saw a homeless guy panhandling and she felt so bad for him she cried until she threw up :smith:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

emSparkly posted:

There’s more and more homeless folks showing up around my town. I went into Pittsburgh with my roommate and we saw a homeless guy panhandling and she felt so bad for him she cried until she threw up :smith:

Tejas totally busses people into my neighborhood, my street is one of the last ones approaching "nice" around here and that's a hard sell.
A block down in either direction, though? Wild poo poo. Only thing saving it is the school zone a half-mile away.

What the gently caress is anyone supposed to do about this?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

Hmm, maybe if we cover everything in spikes the homeless people will go die somewhere else.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's what he got for trying to kick a moving car. Not for the maliciousness.

quick edit: Ugh, one of the biggest things that makes me the most angry in my life is people or institutions in positions of power doing evil things and not getting punished. :smith:

The worst part is, the disability and convalescence will probably be taxpayer funded and not thrown out because he was being a dumbass who kicked a moving car.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

MrQwerty posted:

Tejas totally busses people into my neighborhood, my street is one of the last ones approaching "nice" around here and that's a hard sell.
A block down in either direction, though? Wild poo poo. Only thing saving it is the school zone a half-mile away.

Just do what we've been doing in our beautiful beaches here in California for decades. Walk past the homeless quickly, don't make eye contact with the crazy ones, nod at the nice ones and go about your day. No cops are going to be helping and poo poo isn't going to change ever. Enjoy!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I always hear people say "Well, the charities will help them." Motherfucker, if that was gonna happen, it would have already.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Animal-Mother posted:

I always hear people say "Well, the charities will help them." Motherfucker, if that was gonna happen, it would have already.

Its so weird that everything being said about it was already spoken by Ebenezer Scrooge. Another cautionary tale turned aspiration.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1791196932754272376

Unfortuantely, the Rittenhouse gambit of Owning the Libs by Killing the Libs and getting away with it seems to be paying off for chuds.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
what the gently caress

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Texas (along with Arizona and Florida) is/are the GOP's accelerationism laboratory.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What the gently caress. That loving pardon.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Just explicitly giving them permission to ramp it up.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm livid about that piece of poo poo pardoning that other piece of poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So open season on anyone a governor doesn't like. Yep cool a functioning country that's going to be salvaged by Joe Biden

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

goddamn. get out of texas while you still can people. buc-ees ain’t worth it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TrashMammal posted:

I can't afford to. :(

And I'm going back to college this fall.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Every day I wake up in America, worst country on Earth.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

TrashMammal posted:

We have the biggest buccee's (and US gas station in general) in Colorado now, so there's literally no point to be in Texas now.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cline's Corners >>>>>>>>> Buc-ee's

I won't be taking questions :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wisconsin's Kwik Trip voted best gas station, ranks highly for food in USA TODAY's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards

:colbert:

Unfortunately they donated to Scott Walker (and I can only assume Trump) so I never go there unless it's convenient when I'm traveling.

edit: hmmm, I guess the actual organization doesn't donate but the owners and board members do personally and that's almost always GOP for big businesses

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 17, 2024

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So open season on anyone a governor doesn't like. Yep cool a functioning country that's going to be salvaged by Joe Biden

https://x.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

My state just banned wearing masks for medical purposes in public. Don't worry, secret societies are exempt from this. The oath keepers will thankfully be able to stay anonymous when they stomp someone's face.

We're so gerrymandered our democratic governor is powerless to the super majority of Republicans in the legislature. They got this super majority when a state senator started sleeping with the speaker and switched parties.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 17, 2024

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My state just banned wearing masks for medical purposes in public. Don't worry, secret societies are exempt from this. The oath keepers will thankfully be able to stay anonymous when they stomp someone's face.

We're so gerrymandered our democratic governor is powerless to the super majority of Republicans in the legislature. They got this super majority when a state senator started sleeping with the speaker and switched parties.

https://x.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm laughing at the idea that voting in Texas matters. The cities are the majority of the population and blue as hell, yet somehow the only place Republicans lose is the local races in those cities.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I've half-joked before that the democrats are actually just a heat sink party designed to soak up the votes and dollars of people pissed at the republicans and then do gently caress all with it so that actual meaningful opposition can't take root. But uh... they're not exactly proving me wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Good thing there are several viable parties and voting matters!