Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Big winners tonight?
This poll is closed.
Jones/Cyborg 28 36.84%
Jones/Nunes 18 23.68%
Gus/Cyborg 9 11.84%
Gus/Nunes 21 27.63%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The only way that could have been more of a carny shitshow is if Dana was the special guest referee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

lmao jones is a massive piece of poo poo and nobody can do anything about it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

you think rogan and anik are super jealous of cruz's lush beautiful head of hair

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm very happy for Amanda Nunes and the way she stormed in and knocked Cyborg the gently caress out with no fear was impressive

It was like watching David faceplant KO Goliath while in the matrix

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The replay of Nunes' win shows me - if nothing else - that Cyborg learned nothing from Ronda's career end.

Just being a feared steamroller isn't enough at that level anymore

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Give DC a crowbar or a gun or something.

Congrats to Nunes though, that was rad, shame this will always be the Jon Jones Steroid event (he's BACK)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

osp fight was his first fight after USADA came in and was probably his only clean fight.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

sausage king of Chicago posted:

i feel like jones probably would have won that even without picograms. the only thing to do is for him to go up to heavyweight and make DC cry again but as a fatter man

I don't think Jones really needs the drugs for the performance boost. That's the thing thats crazy to me. I think it has more to do with the confidence it gives him. Like loving Wink could just give him sugar pills and he would get a lot of the same effect.

Not that the roids don't make a difference or anything.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nunes and holloway just too good for this sport

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Jon Anik reading some more DC tweets.

DC isn't going back to 205 until they do "more testing"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I don't watch a lot of MMA, but I have a question.

Why do people keep trying to get into punching fights with Amanda Nunes?

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I don't think Jones really needs the drugs for the performance boost. That's the thing thats crazy to me. I think it has more to do with the confidence it gives him. Like loving Wink could just give him sugar pills and he would get a lot of the same effect.

Maybe that was the plan and they got some tainted Mexican sugar pills or something.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

VJeff posted:

Because

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Cyborg learned nothing from Ronda's career end.

Just being a feared steamroller isn't enough at that level anymore

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Daniel Cormier: I'll fight him if he doesn't fail a test for steroids.
Dominick Cruz: Well that's, just, like, your opinion, man.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Daniel Cormier: I'll fight him if he doesn't fail a test for steroids.
Dominick Cruz: Well that's, just, like, your opinion, man.

lol

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

He was clearly less gassed later in the fight

but even if all it does for him is give him crazy mental edge or whatever intangible, gus isn't doing that presumably, and it's unfair edge, so whether he needs em or not is moot, he obviously needs them to win, because he's been caught with them multiple times in his career. There is no Jon Jones without peds in my dumb opinion.

also jons call out to DC reeked of desperation, like please please fight me dc

gently caress jones

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Cyborg has had like 5 fights ever that didn't end with her murdering someone by punching them.

Of those, one was her first fight ever, and most of the others either involved someone having their corner stopping the fight due to Cyborg punching them so much or Cyborg punching someone until they fell down and she started kneeing them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Cyborg has had like 5 fights ever that didn't end with her murdering someone by punching them.

Of those, one was her first fight ever, and most of the others either involved someone having their corner stopping the fight due to Cyborg punching them so much or Cyborg punching someone until they fell down and she started kneeing them.

So what you're telling me is Nunes punched to death the person that punches everybody to death and Nunes is now the new god of punch to death.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Pretty much. Like, again, Cyborg got kicked full force in the loving chin by Jorina Baars, one of the best ever female kickboxers and someone who actually had a noticeable size advantage, and she just sort of shrugged it off and got up a second later. She's never really been hurt like that, and I doubt she thought Nunes would do it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Morphix posted:

also jons call out to DC reeked of desperation, like please please fight me dc

gently caress jones

It absolutely is. In the years Jones has been gone DC has been averaging at least 1 million to show in each of his fights. Jones got 500k this fight he wants the big money fight that constantly eludes him due to his gently caress ups.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Because he said a "real" champion needs to be humble after beating Shogun.

(and then followed it up immediately by saying how humble he is)

Particularly ironic because he was signing autographs as the champion before even beating Shogun.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
God the Nunes fight is so goddamn satisfying to watch.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i've rewatched that nunes fight like 15 times, I love it. I don't want to talk about the fight that happened next

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Did you guys see his shrug after he tried to sell the DC fight?

"I don't know maybe another DC rematch?? I guess?" :shrug:

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Something must be up with Lesnar as it seems neither Jones or DC are calling him out anymore.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just remembered what Nunes did to Meisha Tate. And that Tate said afterwards she doesn't even remember most of the fight bc nunes hits so hard :stare:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cyborg got insanely hosed up by Baars and immediately backed off everytime Baars dropped her after she tried to wing it out with her the first time and it didn't work. Nunes just didn't give her the opportunity.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Nifft posted:

Something must be up with Lesnar as it seems neither Jones or DC are calling him out anymore.

He can't pass the drug test.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nifft posted:

Lesnar's not fighting, he's just using UFC to get more money out of Vince. :ssh:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I just remembered what Nunes did to Meisha Tate. And that Tate said afterwards she doesn't even remember most of the fight bc nunes hits so hard :stare:

https://twitter.com/MieshaTate/status/1079240521426427906

that was definitely a get up off the couch and scream moment and i cant stop watching it

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

The dude was built like a Grecian deity and uses his freakish strength to stuff takedowns from literal Olympic medalists. He absolutely needs the PEDs, even though he has natural talents and physical advantages.

Also dude was zoned out and slurring his words in the post fight interview. He was absolutely on something else tonight.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Any word on how Cat's eye is?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

sausage king of Chicago posted:

i feel like jones probably would have won that even without picograms. the only thing to do is for him to go up to heavyweight and make DC cry again but as a fatter man

We have no data on Jon ever fighting clean aside from looking like poo poo against OSP so I don't know why you'd say this.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think the guy who gets blackout drunk while training for fights probably does need steroids.

VJeff posted:

In Cyborg's case, that's also her gameplan and path to victory. She's usually better at it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Hey, I know he won and all, but still: gently caress Jon Jones

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

The evidence we have indicates Jon Jones has been on roids A LOT. The only fight we can be fairly sure he's been clean in is the one post-USADA fight he hasn't popped for - against mediocre fighter Ovince St Preux. Jones looked very ordinary in that fight. So we can't really know whether he'd be the world-beater he is without roids.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

kensei posted:

Hey, I know he won and all, but still: gently caress Jon Jones

This but with Jone's face https://gfycat.com/dishonestsilverindusriverdolphin

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

remusclaw posted:

Any word on how Cat's eye is?

https://twitter.com/CatZingano/status/1079239452868792321

"I was worried my eye was ruptured. They say I’ll be ok tonight. Thanks to everyone for your concern. What are your thoughts on a finger digit poke vs a toe digit poke being ruled a tko?:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Neurosis posted:

The evidence we have indicates Jon Jones has been on roids A LOT. The only fight we can be fairly sure he's been clean in is the one post-USADA fight he hasn't popped for - against mediocre fighter Ovince St Preux. Jones looked very ordinary in that fight. So we can't really know whether he'd be the world-beater he is without roids.

One thing to remember is that PEDs don't just make you stronger. You get more time in the practice room so your fight IQ is higher, you're physically stronger, you have an easier weight cut, you keep going stronger into the later rounds. Take all of that away and that's a huge difference in a fighter.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Glad it's not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think Jones looked ordinary in the OSP fight because of the late notice fight combined with how loving weird OSP is, he was probably still juiced for it.