Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

At least NYC has decent public transport. The stereotype of "No-one who actually lives in NYC drives" is there for a reason.

I'm unemployed so gently caress all y'all IDC about commutes let's talk about football and how the Bills are crumbling to dust before our very eyes.

Bills fans surprised that noted fraud coach Rex Ryan is not a good head coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't live there specifically but Montclair is really nice

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, but hockey sucks, so...

Look at this wrong rear end opinion

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Let me tell you fellas about Pittsburgh. It used to be an ugly polluted industrial city but is now a center of banking, education and research! It's lush and incredibly green 8 months per year and cold as gently caress the other 4.

The cost of living is super low, and housing is ultra affordable. The 5 county metro has about 2 million people, but traffic is relatively non existent (except in the east hills) due to massive infrastructure improvements over the last 20 years.

Sure, we have the oldest population in the country, but get this, they're all dying baby boomers with sweet executive jobs, so you can start in middle management immediately!

Seriously tho, it is a nice place to live that mixes the best parts of east coast and mid-west. Meaning we're nice workaholics. Come visit!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
full of Steelers fans tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

And PA liquor laws are gross

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I missed it, but Louisville is real nice if you like food and spirits.

I'd probably prefer Lexington because you can easily day trip Cinci or Louis

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 22, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It's really only rained twice in LA this year? I knew they were running out of water but Jesus Christ, be better LA

They even wrote a song about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyC7WnvLT4

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If I had to move to another city Pittsburgh would be one of my top choices. It has a booming tech sector IIRC

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Bills fans surprised that noted fraud coach Rex Ryan is not a good head coach

Listen, players want to run through a WALL for Rex.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

It's really only rained twice in LA this year? I knew they were running out of water but Jesus Christ, be better LA

LA has a semi-arid / mediterranean climate so gets water from other states and counties to make up for that. Like LA Water and Power actually runs that poo poo. Also the whole state is in the middle of a bad drought. It's terrible for the environment but this is America :911:

I just started an internship at the Forest Service doing mapping and hydrology and poo poo is really really bad here

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 22, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

old dog child posted:

LA has a semi-arid / mediterranean climate so gets water from other states and counties to make up for that. Like LA Water and Power actually runs that poo poo. Also the whole state is in the middle of a bad drought. It's terrible for the environment but this is America :911:

I just started an internship at the Forest Service doing mapping and hydrology and poo poo is really really bad here

how soon until we have Mad Max: California edition? Next Summer?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Irony cat

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Let me tell you fellas about Pittsburgh. It used to be an ugly polluted industrial city but is now a center of banking, education and research! It's lush and incredibly green 8 months per year and cold as gently caress the other 4.

The cost of living is super low, and housing is ultra affordable. The 5 county metro has about 2 million people, but traffic is relatively non existent (except in the east hills) due to massive infrastructure improvements over the last 20 years.

Sure, we have the oldest population in the country, but get this, they're all dying baby boomers with sweet executive jobs, so you can start in middle management immediately!

Seriously tho, it is a nice place to live that mixes the best parts of east coast and mid-west. Meaning we're nice workaholics. Come visit!

your burgers are poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

axeil posted:

Non coastal SoCal is already this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I spend 6-8 days a month on Pittsburgh and it is really nice yeah.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

your burgers are poo poo

Bitch rear end city can't even burg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Excuse me its burgH.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axeil posted:

If we get the rain predicted from El Nino, it will be delayed for a few more years. But the cities and coast will always get the water..the rural and desert areas will go from being methed up death zones to...even worse methed up death zones.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Get me a job in the Pittsburgh fire department Otherwise gently caress Pittsburgh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

allow me to consult burgermap.com, created by SA front page writer Chris "Petey" Peterson.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna live here one day:

and it's gonna be loving awesome.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CyberPingu posted:

Dunno man, Free health care, free University education. Cold as gently caress during Winter but we get fairly nice summers, cities are small enough that they dont feel like citites, amazing country side.

This sounds like it's pretty great. You may enjoy Minnesota, but as part of the US it does not include the healthcare or education for free. Also, the liquor laws are as lovely as Pennsylvania.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

your burgers are poo poo

Charlotte and Pittsburgh are essentially identical cities hth

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

charleston rules. Here's me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Asheville is a pretty great one too. I was up there for a wedding a couple months ago and had an awesome time. I loved that there was a brewery every five feet.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Public transit owns and your city is bitchmade if it doesn't have a good public transit system.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

Listen, players want to run through a WALL for Rex.

wall yes, defensive line or offensive line, no

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

windshipper posted:

Get me a job in the Pittsburgh fire department Otherwise gently caress Pittsburgh.

You're in luck, my family owns a union Commercial construction firm, and all of Pgh's blue collar jobs are inter-connected unions!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If I wear my Tomlinson jersey in downtown Pittsburgh will I get stabbed y/n

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Ross Angeles posted:

Y/n=yinz/n'at?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

No. It's one of the safest cities in North America

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I could never live in Pittsburgh because I can never remember if it ends in berg or burgh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

what

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Is Seattle really as Frasier would lead me to believe? If so, I think I'd like to live there at least for a bit, before I shuffle off.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

FakePoet posted:

Is Seattle really as Frasier would lead me to believe? If so, I think I'd like to live there at least for a bit, before I shuffle off.

Hot personal therapists/live in maids as far as the eye can see.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Real talk my Uncle used to live in Pittsburgh when I was 5 and visiting him terrified me because I thought any -Sylvania had vampires out the rear end.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lived there for five years. It's lovely as long as you like being unemployed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Real talk my Uncle used to live in Pittsburgh when I was 5 and visiting him terrified me because I thought any -Sylvania had vampires out the rear end.

Lived there for five years. It's lovely as long as you like being unemployed.

I'd move with my job, I work for one of the major shipping companies and we do a ton out of Port of Charleston

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kibner posted:

I live in a village surrounded by swamp and rivers but somehow has access to fiber internet. A little over an hour from NOLA (which is one of the most fun cities to visit, imo) and a little under an hour from Baton Rouge (which really only has LSU and some good burger joints going for it).

Gonzales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Alaois posted:

I don't live there specifically but Montclair is really nice

Seconding this, as a NYC transplant into the burbs this is one of the nicest towns in Jersey. Expensive though....literally 0 of my friends who I grew up with still live there, we all got priced out. Family is still there though.

Plus tons of celebs live here so it's cool to see Colbert getting a bagel in the morning on the weekend sometimes......

If you want another quaint town off the NYC main lines, South Orange is pretty sweet for eateries/pubs and whatnot. Once you get away from the center of town/Seton Hall it gets pretty residential though.

Jersey owns if you can avoid the dogshit towns surrounding the gems!

• Locked thread