Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ginette Reno posted:

I worked at Papa Johns for a few years and I never much cared for their regular pizza. The thin crust was okay though.

I wonder what kind of training materials they use now. When I worked there, Papa John was featured prominently in most of them, though he sounded heavily medicated and I always had a pet theory that he was actually dead and they were just using old footage. It was always either him narrating the videos or this other really fat sounding guy who always sounded out of breath and like he'd keel over at any moment.

Orson Welles narrated your training videos?? I'm a little jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

never in my existence have i had pappa johns but funnily enough one is opening a few blocks away from house

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

never in my existence have i had pappa johns but funnily enough one is opening a few blocks away from house

Your day of reckoning is close at hand.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Literally A Person posted:

Orson Welles narrated your training videos?? I'm a little jealous.

Imagine Orson Welles but without the deep voice but way more nasally. Same level of out of breath though.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bad Purchase posted:

Your day of reckoning is close at hand.

What if... thirty days of reckoning!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1522946985657085955

Turns out Papa John was going to be the secret weapon to take down Roger Goodell.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Enough pizza grease could kill even the healthiest man.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Reckoning cometh

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Domino's is the best chain right now. Price to quality ratio. Although I love my rear end a stuffed crust from Pizza Hut.

Fwiw Dominos sells Stuffed Crust pizza in Mexico. I have no idea why they don’t sell it in the US. Especially now that Papa Johns started making stuffed crust pizza.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Agent Escalus posted:

That's about average for your local place or small/regional chain, though. The huge chains will sell you a pizza for less than $20 (CDN) because they can afford to. Just like how the local great burger place will charge close to $10 VS the cheap junk food you get at a chain for around $5. Buying local usually always means spending more, but...imagine a world (outside NYC) where most of the pizza options are chain/franchised junk and Schnatter is the powerful Putin oligarch of the pizza world instead of a deposed dickhead who got what he deserved.

9/10 fancy pizza places around here are expensive garbage that appeals entirely to the placebo effect of "spending more = better than", they are restaurants that exist solely for the type of yuppy that goes out on fridays with colleagues and each individually orders a lovely $$$ personal pizza. Straight up little ceasers is better if you want something you'd think of as a pizza. If there was any benefit to Covid it'd be that my wife has a convenient excuse to turn down her colleagues regular invitations to these sorts of places (that I'd get dragged to too of course) where we'd spend a bunch of money on mediocre food when I could literally just get a nice ribeye or something for a fraction of the cost and grill it at home. Just bog standard lovely flatbread and 10 dollar pints in an otherwise low CoL area because the white collar crew is so self infatuated with the image.

Ironically the 1/10 fancy pizza place that's actually good and worth the money isn't frequented by these people because while their pies are expensive they are priced like that because of quality of ingredients rather than bespoke mason jar lanterns and they don't do personal pizzas, it's for splitting in a group which is uncouth I guess for upscale dining.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mega64 posted:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1522946985657085955

Turns out Papa John was going to be the secret weapon to take down Roger Goodell.

Let them fight!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ginette Reno posted:

I worked at Papa Johns for a few years and I never much cared for their regular pizza. The thin crust was okay though.

I wonder what kind of training materials they use now. When I worked there, Papa John was featured prominently in most of them, though he sounded heavily medicated and I always had a pet theory that he was actually dead and they were just using old footage. It was always either him narrating the videos or this other really fat sounding guy who always sounded out of breath and like he'd keel over at any moment.

Well, technically, he was heavily medicated, on as much alcohol as he could drink and still manage to stand up.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1555285716057616384

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/papa-johns-founder-conservative-values-pizza_n_62ec7e95e4b0c5501618b01

quote:

Schnatter spoke during a “Back to the 1970s” segment at CPAC on Thursday, and he cryptically claimed there are “five entities” that control the media, academia and “everything else.” He didn’t say what he thinks the five entities are.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I didn't know Schnatter was a member of the Neptunati.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

those in the know call them, in whispered voices, the "Five Guys."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nobody has ever called Papa John's, "the best pizza out there," except for John Schnatter

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the five entities controlling all media and academia:
- little caesar's
- domino's
- pizza hut
- sbarro
- digiorno (the most insidious of all)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

- little caesar's
- domino's
- pizza hut
- sbarro

hidden in the dark and frigid depths of the freezer case, Lord DiGiorno slumbers and dreams his unfathomable dreams... of stuffed crusts beyond mortal man's reckoning.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

nobody has ever called Papa John's, "the best pizza out there," except for John Schnatter

I may have talked about this in the thread already, but he kinda shook thinks up in the mid 90s. Pizza Hut made those drastic menu changes back in the day due to PJ grabbing a chunk of the market share. PJ got bad in the late 90s, and then he put his name on the U of L stadium and his ego shot through the roof. They could not take that sign down fast enough when the N-word recording came out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pizza Hut also got bodied by Dominos. The big thing Pizza Hut lagged on was home delivery and updating their menu resulting in absolutely no interest in consumers and sales remaining flat (such as their failed program 3-4 years back of "streamlining the menu")

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bad Purchase posted:

- little caesar's
- domino's
- pizza hut
- sbarro
Digiorno is owned by Nestle so that one is maybe not wrong if we're talking about insidious companies who control the world.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Za hit makes me sick every time I eat it so once a drunk night a year

Domino's is top tier gently caress papa jaahn

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Papa Johns is moving their main operations to Atlanta.

https://www.wlky.com/article/papa-johns-is-moving-its-main-headquarters-out-of-louisville/34055030

quote:

The pizza giant said the new global headquarters in Atlanta will be where menu innovation; marketing; customer experience; HR; diversity, equity and inclusion; communications; and development functions will be located. Louisville, meanwhile, will remain home to IT, supply chain and legal teams.

The three orgs they leave in Louisville will be contracted out by year's end.