Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ohhh that’s what those were for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Near me there’s a park with a couple baseball fields and a decently steep grassy hill between the upper field and the lower field and sometimes when I’m jogging and it’s dry out I just run across the fields and down the hill and across the second one and feel like I’m ten again and honestly it never fails to be a very satisfying little thing to do

Same, only riding my beach cruiser, which totally take me back to having a one-speed bike & tooling around town at 12.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LuxuryLarva posted:

She blew six figures of blow up her nose when she was in her twenties instead of doing anything and has never had to work a day in her life and now has that syndrome former tweakers have where they're always sorta slightly angry at everything. Combine that with a messiah complex and frustration that leftists correctly think her brand of "less on purpose" politics are insufficient and you're left with the dumbest, angriest, lib possible.

This is pretty much what happens to the entire cohort of liberal failchildren that aren't addicted to homework and become Mayor Petes, I bet

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ok_but_still/status/1791612218158592031?t=EzreAGVZdEOYkSxeJRXWdA&s=19

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Incredible! So what you're telling me is that the CPC had a plan all along, and in fact implemented that plan which lead to material improvement in the lives of people living in China

Such a concept is completely beyond the US and Europe!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
It's remarkable what can be achieved when a government is beholden to the people, instead of private capital

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

mcmagic posted:

motherfuckers literally cheer on the fremen then condemn hamas

heyayaaaaah-AGGHHHH!-AYYYYY

A lot of people miss the point with Dune, the movie is like a sped up sopranos in terms of the character arc , so many confused people lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Bald Stalin posted:

Does sentient mean something different in star trek? Why is data special but a sentient hologram that touches things ez? Why are robots a problem and hologram slaves aren't?

They wanted to do the AI-fights-for-human-rights plot again in Voyager so they just had the Federation inexplicably treat sentient holograms different from sentient robots even though they're both complicated computer programs that gain sentience if you keep them running for too long.

Which I guess you'd have to do if you're keeping holodecks legal since it's been shown multiple times that holodeck characters become sentient and experience existential fear and dread at the idea of being shut off, but hey gotta keep creating and killing intelligent AIs anytime someone wants to play Sherlock Holmes or gently caress simulations of their coworkers dressed as Greek Gods or whatever.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Some Guy TT posted:

did u know that the single most important difference between the chinese and american versions of three body problem is that the chinese version thinks its important to discuss and how and why physics works in order to make sense of a scifi mystery where physics isnt working anymore while the american version decides that science is boring and using video games to understand science is dumb we should be using video games to test for empathy instead

i thought that was very interesting

:psyduck:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

VitalSigns posted:

They wanted to do the AI-fights-for-human-rights plot again in Voyager so they just had the Federation inexplicably treat sentient holograms different from sentient robots even though they're both complicated computer programs that gain sentience if you keep them running for too long.

Which I guess you'd have to do if you're keeping holodecks legal since it's been shown multiple times that holodeck characters become sentient and experience existential fear and dread at the idea of being shut off, but hey gotta keep creating and killing intelligent AIs anytime someone wants to play Sherlock Holmes or gently caress simulations of their coworkers dressed as Greek Gods or whatever.

these star wars people sound like nazi fascists imho

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

New democrat candidate just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svual-PcOxE&t=3122s

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[BURR]
I came to say congratulations

[MULLIGAN]
Spit a verse, Burr!

[BURR]
I see the whole gang is here

[LAFAYETTE]
You are the worst, Burr!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

Dems be like, "get this man on the phone, pronto"

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1791585416325341665

Nah Dems would be saying But Decorum like badly made androids

https://x.com/relientkenny/status/1791600889473454454

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

Incredible! So what you're telling me is that the CPC had a plan all along, and in fact implemented that plan which lead to material improvement in the lives of people living in China

Such a concept is completely beyond the US and Europe!

America has no idea what to do with a country that actually seeks to improve and develop itself instead of creating escalating opportunities for exploitation

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/slavojtrex/status/1791578062988959938?t=4L4bi-XVwifU_fph0SIASA&s=19

https://twitter.com/krossny1/status/1791618746911477778?t=LkgIXU86pTQed5WfczHB_g&s=19

They'll never spend billions on 7 (seven) charging stations again!!1!

StealthArcher has issued a correction as of 12:41 on May 18, 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/YahooFinance/status/1791608385462579417

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

There's that loser talk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I get the idea that any possible stimulus Joe Biden could receive would steer him toward the response that he has to be steady and stay the course

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

loquacius posted:

I get the idea that any possible stimulus Joe Biden could receive would steer him toward the response that he has to be steady and stay the course

That was his entire pitch for the job

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
So I hung out with a bunch of "young people" yesterday, and for real? Palestine is more important than reproductive choice? Democracy? The continuing existence of our country? I didn't debate, but I was just like "Are you kidding me", internally. Maybe I showed it externally. I was not receptive.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mostly Lurking posted:

So I hung out with a bunch of "young people" yesterday, and for real? Palestine is more important than reproductive choice? Democracy? The continuing existence of our country? I didn't debate, but I was just like "Are you kidding me", internally. Maybe I showed it externally. I was not receptive.

Lol I was like "no WAY that's unironic" but I looked it up and lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

To clarify, my discussions, my focus, were entirely focused on voting. Honestly, discussing the "issues" without voting being implicit makes no sense to me, but then, I always vote. Even in the dumb local off schedule elections.

It's May. The election is months away. I assumed that everyone I was talking with will vote Biden when the time comes, if they vote at all, which is up in the air honestly.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mostly Lurking posted:

gbs aids

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Mostly Lurking posted:

Dumbass is the skinner meme and doesnt even know it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

You have to vote for Joe if you care about these issues!!! Yes I know that Joe is president right now and isn't doing anything to address any of those issues, but he totally will in his next term trust me!!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i don't get how you can say poo poo like that and not apply the exact same logic to the president. you are willing to lose re-election because you care more about giving Israel guns than all those other things?

but for some reason :shrug: it's the kids that are wrong, not Joe loving Biden

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Mostly Lurking posted:

Lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i don't get how you can say poo poo like that and not apply the exact same logic to the president. you are willing to lose re-election because you care more about giving Israel guns than all those other things?

but for some reason :shrug: it's the kids that are wrong, not Joe loving Biden

look, with great power comes no responsibility

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

democrats continue to do nothing to help secure reproductive rights so I doubt they will ever do anything for that

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yeah, just lie about when inflation went up to blame it on tfg, that will fix everything

also, did they film this on a phone, why is it shaking?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

you have to be a loving idiot to be uncertain. thats the message i’m sending. look jack.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

look, with great power comes no responsibility

It’s unironically this. The more power you have, the less morally culpable you are for your choices. Because power is important and maintaining it justifies your choices.

But if you’re powerless? Wtf is your excuse. You have full moral culpability for your actions.

If you’re a voter then it is 100% your fault that abortion rights are gone. If you’re a politician promising to codify Roe and fail, well…hard things are hard.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

that's clearly a day market

thanks to those clowns in congress and daylight savings time the sun is out all night

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what exactly have the dems done to protect abortion or our farce of a democracy??

if anything they're actively going after 3rd parties and other undemocratic poo poo these losers never seem to actually question anything they say

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/in-case-youre-wondering-nancy-pelosi-is-still-supporting-the-only-antiabortion-house-democrat

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

HallelujahLee posted:

what exactly have the dems done to protect abortion or our farce of a democracy??

if anything they're actively going after 3rd parties and other undemocratic poo poo these losers never seem to actually question anything they say

At least they made sure to protect the campaigns of pro-choice candidates when they were facing pro-life challengers.

I sure hope nobody hands me a note right about now

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I am shocked! Shocked! Actually, no, it's the less surprising news of the day.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

SixteenShells posted:

At least they made sure to protect the campaigns of pro-choice candidates when they were facing pro-life challengers.

I sure hope nobody hands me a note right about now

just incredibly brain-dead morons honestly the dems are right about their supporters they really are the most pathetic dipshit losers

the gop is at least be-holden to its legion of chuds the dem base is beholden to the insane ghouls that run the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

in the next 5,000 words I will explain for you childish simpletons why actually this is just smart politics and you refusing to vote for Joe Biden is a far worse blow to abortion rights.