Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you're not comfortable with external apk sources that's cool but I highly doubt someone who didn't know f-droid existed til today would read, care about, or understand that article's details on niche technical open source stuff like reproducible-build signing keys and API levels.

and im pretty sure the levels of free software weenies who do care deeply about that stuff wouldn't touch the play store with a 10 foot pole in favor of building everything from source themselves

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I use fdroid for great open-source apps like newpipe.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is there any entirely local video player app that can match & populate metadata to automatically group series / shows and put them in a nice interface? Or will I have to launder everything through Plex downloads to make this happen? Huge SD cards are dirt cheap now and I'd love to be able to throw a bunch of local media onto cheap Fire tablets.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Twerk from Home posted:

Is there any entirely local video player app that can match & populate metadata to automatically group series / shows and put them in a nice interface? Or will I have to launder everything through Plex downloads to make this happen? Huge SD cards are dirt cheap now and I'd love to be able to throw a bunch of local media onto cheap Fire tablets.
Kodi does that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I use fdroid for great open-source apps like newpipe.

That's indeed a good one. It's great to download videos from YT

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

In Podcast Addict (or other podcast apps) is there a way to set, per-podcast, a certain number of seconds to always skip at the beginning of episodes? Certain shows have some of the most jarring and horrible intro audio and I'd like to be able to skip right past it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VelociBacon posted:

In Podcast Addict (or other podcast apps) is there a way to set, per-podcast, a certain number of seconds to always skip at the beginning of episodes? Certain shows have some of the most jarring and horrible intro audio and I'd like to be able to skip right past it.

I know you can do this in Pocket Casts

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

VelociBacon posted:

Yeah you can do that in Podcast Addict

Go to the podcast you want, 3 dots in the top right -> Custom Settings -> Player (override global settings) -> Skip Intro, then it lets you select how many seconds to skip

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

pik_d posted:

Yeah you can do that in Podcast Addict

Go to the podcast you want, 3 dots in the top right -> Custom Settings -> Player (override global settings) -> Skip Intro, then it lets you select how many seconds to skip

Thank you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I am looking for a night clock app that reacts to system events. I am almost satisfied with AMdroid's night light.
I want it to display a clock in a custom color which AMdroid does well. The extra feature I am looking for is changing the color or turning the display off if the phone is not connected to a charger.

On a related note: On my new Pixel8a, AMdroid seems to stop regularly. At least the "Alarm next morning" notification is not appearing. It appear when I open the app to turn on the nightlight. I haven't dared to check yet if the Alarm would go off or not.
I have set AMdroid to be able to run in the background, but I must have overlooked some other setting. What could it be?