Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

TIP posted:

I'm watching 2010, the sequel to 2001

it came out 16 years after the original, and looks worse in every way, but then again so do most movies

I'm kinda enjoying it as just a spooky space adventure with a bunch of actors I like

roy scheider, john lithgow, bob balaban, helen mirren, and candice bergen as SAL-9000 :lmao:

that reminds me to watch the 2002 version of solaris sometime... apple tv should turn it into a series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP posted:

roy scheider has a pet dolphin in 2010, and a dolphin in his ship on seaquest dsv

there was likely access to dolphins on the set of jaws...

I think roy is a dolphin fucker who has shaped his career around easy access to dolphins

I bet when he gets a script he has lots of notes and they're all about how a dolphin could be added to the story

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

on the set of the french connection like "yeah but what if they used dolphins to smuggle the drugs huh huh?"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this movie is nuts, an old lady in a hospital just got telekinesis for some reason

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

now if it were a jar of pickles i bet she'd invite you over to meet her family

Just showing off my husband/father skills. I followed it up by complaining that somebody had screwed with my thermostat.

Edit: Pickles don't come in canning jars here. They come in vacuum packs or tubs. You should know this. That's even how they're sold at your favorite store, Don Quixote.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 18, 2024

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

this movie is nuts, an old lady in a hospital just got telekinesis for some reason

this is what happens when you have the good insurance

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

This is similar to how I imagine forums user Booty Pageant dresses IRL.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Escape From Noise posted:

I think it was a sign, if not a symptom of the Simpsons going downhill when non voice actor guest stars started being the main focus of the entire episodes. The Michael Jackson one worked because it was a B plot and the gag was he was a different guy with MJ's voice. It was definitely due to several other factors as well but having a member of the Simpson family performatively saying "Look! It's Blink 182!" and have them play one of their lame songs and make some lame throwaway joke didn't help.

IMHO the nadir was the Lady Gaga episode, which was basically a Simpsons-adjacent commercial for Lady Gaga.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

IMHO the nadir was the Lady Gaga episode, which was basically a Simpsons-adjacent commercial for Lady Gaga.

Very glad I had stopped watching well before this.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TIP posted:

roy scheider has a pet dolphin in 2010, and a dolphin in his ship on seaquest dsv

I think roy is a dolphin fucker who has shaped his career around easy access to dolphins

Roy Scheider furiously berating his agent for not getting him an audition for Johnny Mnemonic.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Roy Scheider furiously berating his agent for not getting him an audition for Johnny Mnemonic.

Lol. Holy hell that movie is such a weird fever dream consisting almost entirely of stunt casting.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Plz don't doxx me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

lol unrelated to this thread, I woke up thinking about a question about dolphins:

Do you think there are any dolphins in captivity (and somehow maybe even in the wild) who enjoy watching TV?

Like either their trainers/captors show it to them on purpose, or maybe they can just see a tv from their enclosure.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Just showing off my husband/father skills. I followed it up by complaining that somebody had screwed with my thermostat.

Edit: Pickles don't come in canning jars here. They come in vacuum packs or tubs. You should know this. That's even how they're sold at your favorite store, Don Quixote.

drat these are some pricey pickles

https://sawaya-jam.shop/?pid=165239120

This is similar to how I imagine forums user Booty Pageant dresses IRL.

also mods make this my av tia

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

mods make this my t shirt, thanks

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I have some good news

I have decided you're all ok in my book

You're welcome

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Notes for today:
1) the quince is in full bloom, big pink flowers
2) the cherry tree is about to go, prob in the next day or two
3) the apple, crabapple, and plum trees are not far behind

This has been your local fruit tree bloom news update with ilbsm

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Like if I was a dolphin who watched TV, I'd want to watch dolphin related programs.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I have some good news

I have decided you're all ok in my book

You're welcome

Wait until you suffer...MY POSTING!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Real happy with past me for making this pita and hummus last night.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Someone in the Trump Lol thread said how Trump having to listen to and view memes and jokes about him posted online in court while being unable to respond was like the Brian's Hat sketch from I Think You Should Leave and I can't stop thinking about it.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

So full of hummus...

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Someone in the Trump Lol thread said how Trump having to listen to and view memes and jokes about him posted online in court while being unable to respond was like the Brian's Hat sketch from I Think You Should Leave and I can't stop thinking about it.

loving hell that sketch makes me laugh.

At first I couldn't get into that show then I watched it while high and it clicked.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Like if I was a dolphin who watched TV, I'd want to watch dolphin related programs.

The dolphin who played Flipper liked to watch itself on Flipper.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 18, 2024

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i swear to god recruitment is the dumbest fuckin thing

"legally you need to have this specific qualification to do this job"
"i don't have the qualification but i probably once saw a youtube video about it so i'ma apply anyway"

:argh:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I just watched Brian's Hat and lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Math checks out

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Henry Rollins is great in this. Well, not "great", but memorable.

"This causes it! This causes it! This causes it! Information overload!"

Also the weird thing at the end where they imply Dolph Lundgren's religious assassin character may still be alive and getting back up despite being a deep-fried skeleton only to reveal it's just people outside the frame picking up the corpse is one of the weirdest fake-outs in film.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love Flipper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRvPPS2VkQ

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
god i love laying on the couch for a day and ignoring the world

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

god i love laying on the couch for a day and ignoring the world

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Homer: I love these lazy Sundays...

Marge: Homer, it's Thursday!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I did my taxes two days late without filing an extension but I was just notified that my returns were "accepted." So hopefully I get the deposit soon and can enjoy that big fat cash flow to do awesome fun adult things like..... paying off part a credit card :mad:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
The dentist agreed to take a look at my tooth and I'm gonna be late to work now, but it's ok

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

The dentist agreed to take a look at my tooth and I'm gonna be late to work now, but it's ok

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

DorkusMalorkus posted:

There's probably some corner of the internet where people will pay you to look at your teeth.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I just got a call from the dentist and they're moving up my appointment to tomorrow instead of two weeks from now so I may also deserve one of those tomorrow.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

I just got a call from the dentist and they're moving up my appointment to tomorrow instead of two weeks from now so I may also deserve one of those tomorrow.

:hai:

i also need a certificate because according to my doctor i have a "severe" kidney infection and i feel like i have been kicked in the back by a very angry donkey (warning gross: and i peed blood :cry:)