Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

:lol: earlier today my dad called me up to yell at me until i phoned the NHS hotline thing, which i've done, and am now waiting on a call back

he just came round to my flat to yell at me some more :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I'm getting lunch at a sushi place and they are playing RHCP between taiko tracks and I'm not sure what to believe anymore

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I'm getting lunch at a sushi place and they are playing RHCP between taiko tracks and I'm not sure what to believe anymore

in typical RHCP fashion, all the songs are about California rolls

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

:lol: earlier today my dad called me up to yell at me until i phoned the NHS hotline thing, which i've done, and am now waiting on a call back

Dads be yellin

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

He yells because he loves lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ruby Gloom posted:

in typical RHCP fashion, all the songs are about California rolls

the meat is on the other side

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I woke up this morning and puttered around for a bit and like an 1.5 after waking up finally looked closely at myself in the mirror, and, AH! I've got this giant blood blob in my left eye. Big. This is not bloodshot eyes, this is like, a blob. No pain, no vision issues, just, disconcerting.

I'm told it's nothing to worry about, it just looks freaky.

I got it last night from a tiny tiny piece of basketball net that detached from the net as I stood underneath waiting for the ball. I felt it, was like, ew, blinked a few times, felt nothing in there, and then went back to playing and thought nothing of it the rest of the night.

So quite a surprise to see BLOOD EYE this morning.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

In some cultures a BLOOD EYE is considered lucky.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

In some cultures a BLOOD EYE is considered lucky.

Which one? I will book a trip there posthaste

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

I woke up this morning and puttered around for a bit and like an 1.5 after waking up finally looked closely at myself in the mirror, and, AH! I've got this giant blood blob in my left eye. Big. This is not bloodshot eyes, this is like, a blob. No pain, no vision issues, just, disconcerting.

I'm told it's nothing to worry about, it just looks freaky.

I got it last night from a tiny tiny piece of basketball net that detached from the net as I stood underneath waiting for the ball. I felt it, was like, ew, blinked a few times, felt nothing in there, and then went back to playing and thought nothing of it the rest of the night.

So quite a surprise to see BLOOD EYE this morning.

redshirt more like bloodshot

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

heck yes no hospital :holy:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Ruby Gloom posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:lol:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

Yay! Cranberry juice and vodkas for the bar!

The Cap Cod we call it in faire Boston...

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/F80voS7.mp4

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just read about bowhead whales

wtf why does no one talk about these whales

everyone wants to talk about the blue whale because it's the biggest bla bla bla

but bowhead whales live for HUNDREDS OF YEARS

and it doesn't live that long like a weenie tortoise chilling on a beach barely moving, it's in the arctic busting through ice with its head

and it has the largest mouth of any animal

and that mouth is loving INSANE, a huge joker grin that goes above it's eyes before dipping way back down

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

just look at this mad lad

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hi hello nice to meet you I'm 300 years old

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

:v:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I find whales a little bit terrifying but they are still good

Like i really do want the whales to survive and live their best whale lives, I just think they are scary and I don't want to be near them

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I find whales a little bit terrifying but they are still good

Like i really do want the whales to survive and live their best whale lives, I just think they are scary and I don't want to be near them

if I was underwater and saw this approaching I would poo poo myself

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

although one time a giant sea turtle popped up right next to me in the ocean and I was purely delighted

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

one time I swam away too far out from the beach and the life guards were screaming and waving telling me to come back and I just kept pretending like I didn't understand and I'd just wave back to them

and then I turned around and saw some fins break the surface like twenty feet away and thought I was going to die until I realized they were dolphins

the ocean is both terrifying and wonderful

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it's just crazy to me there's something that big and active that lives over 200 years

you look at a tortoise and you're like, this checks out, you appear to be living life at 1/10 speed anyways

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i would like to pet the whale on the head but he is NOT allowed to eat me

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TIP posted:

I just read about bowhead whales

wtf why does no one talk about these whales

everyone wants to talk about the blue whale because it's the biggest bla bla bla

but bowhead whales live for HUNDREDS OF YEARS

and it doesn't live that long like a weenie tortoise chilling on a beach barely moving, it's in the arctic busting through ice with its head

and it has the largest mouth of any animal

and that mouth is loving INSANE, a huge joker grin that goes above it's eyes before dipping way back down

Northern Canada is lousy with 'em

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Northern Canada is lousy with 'em

drat, things must be bad if they're moving onto land

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

and then I turned around and saw some fins break the surface like twenty feet away and thought I was going to die until I realized they were dolphins

You should have been just as scared of what the dolphins might have done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUDM9CZ7TU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

yeah, scared stiff

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

what's the 5k page thread opinion on la dolce vita?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

drat, things must be bad if they're moving onto land

imagine how many timbits one of those fuckers could eat :ohdear:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

imagine how many timbits one of those fuckers could eat :ohdear:

you keep being worried about the things the whale will eat but it's a filter feeder, it eats krill

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just learned that this whale is incredibly slow

when fleeing from danger it can get up to 6.2 mph :lmao:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

meanwhile their only predator, killer whales, can do 35mph

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

what's the 5k page thread opinion on la dolce vita?

I have never seen it but if it's anything like the other Italian classic "The New York Ripper" then it's probably the best movie that has ever existed

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

average human swimming speed is like 5 mph, but if you train a little you could chase down a bowhead whale

edit: wait I was misled, I guess 5mph for a human is really good

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

you keep being worried about the things the whale will eat but it's a filter feeder, it eats krill

It kills erat

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I dont know what I'm doing right now

I'm digging the bowhead whale info tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

there's no land krill tip, it's just filtering timbits and double doubles up there in canada