Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When it's pretty darn windy (note the portaloo blowing over) and you skimped on the diagonal bracing a little

https://i.imgur.com/iTjt1XH.mp4

I'll say its windy, the wind just built a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Tunicate posted:

so the body gets a "more bone here" signal

:lmao:

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

credburn posted:

I'm confused about what the message is meant to articulate. Gay marriage has lasted longer than (two awful things that aren't really categorically related to gay marriage, in any way I can tell?)

Also technically "NAZI Germany" has never existed in the USA :confused:

... or is that :thejoke:

They mean "gay marriage in the USA" has lasted longer than Nazi Germany. It's just a compositional poopie

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When it's pretty darn windy (note the portaloo blowing over) and you skimped on the diagonal bracing a little

https://i.imgur.com/iTjt1XH.mp4

Is this real?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

TontoCorazon posted:

Is this real?

Housing? Not for people under 50.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wind power baby

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Mister Speaker posted:

Pheidippedes nutz

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
A few years ago near my place, the rafters of a partially constructed house blew down during a windstorm. It sat there untouched for close to two months while different agencies and insurance did their investigations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Canuckistan posted:

A few years ago near my place, the rafters of a partially constructed house blew down during a windstorm. It sat there untouched for close to two months while different agencies and insurance did their investigations.

did they ever figure out what caused the damage?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

flubber nuts posted:

wind

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/IthLkUI.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SyNack Sassimov posted:

:negative:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

flubber nuts posted:

Witchcraft.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Hippocrass posted:

Witchcraft.

They are made of wood after all...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Lies! I’m 48 and I own a house :smug:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Not at all how I expected that to end.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
you cant park there m8

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Oh wait, it's a Russian car. You can park there.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think you'll find we've all been aged well beyond our years in the last 8-10 years, so you're actually more like 56 years old in lived experience.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Scratch Monkey posted:

How much of the house?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Do you mean a bank thinks you owe them a house?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Think I found a picture of the house in question:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Canuckistan posted:

… was this house in a spot called Hideaway Hills?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hello ginger beer thread! How have you been? I felt like some ginger beer, and just spent 30min looking for Jestery's recipe, so here it is again for ease of reference:

:cheers:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 20:38 on May 19, 2024

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Karate Bastard posted:

Hello ginger beer thread! How have you been? I felt like some ginger beer, and just spent 30min looking for Jestery's recipe, so here it is again for ease of reference:

Thanks!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
How did I qne I haven't even had the ginger beer yet?

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cats!

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rnidftczvf1vmobp0.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sd34f3P8i01vzyfw1.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_scttwt4oqV1w4nksa_r1.mp4

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

SyNack Sassimov posted:

My daughter has that exact same one. It was such a pain in the rear end to put together and she barely plays with it. Ah, the memories.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Hey remember how last month I accidentally had 14 quilt squares mailed to a neighbor's house?

madmatt112 posted:

Hi yes hello, are you planning on showing the forums the final product? I am v interested to see the collection of squares that you get.

I finally got them all and pieced them in a top. This is actually less than 50% of making a quilt. Now I just have to piece a back, baste the front/back/batting together, either quilt it myself or pay someone else to do it, make a binding, and bind it. However, the parts with all the really annoying ironing are done, and I can see the finished project.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

that last cat is huge

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Regular Wario posted:

that last cat is huge

That's not a cat. You can tell because it doesn't land on its feet.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Hey we've got this one in our house too. The roofline corners are deadly for children, and have ripped at least one of my shirts real good.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think I built at least six huge dollhouses when my daughters were young. Usually at like 1:00 am on Christmas. I thought we would have them taking up space forever but the older girls grew up and didn’t want giant things in their room anymore and the youngest, to my surprise, gave her giant dollhouses to poor kids when she was 11. She was the one I thought would keep them forever.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Hey remember how last month I accidentally had 14 quilt squares mailed to a neighbor's house?

I finally got them all and pieced them in a top. This is actually less than 50% of making a quilt. Now I just have to piece a back, baste the front/back/batting together, either quilt it myself or pay someone else to do it, make a binding, and bind it. However, the parts with all the really annoying ironing are done, and I can see the finished project.

Looks sweet!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

You remembered!! :swoon:
Beautiful, I love it.

However, I’m vexed as to how you, standing on the step stool (obviously to get a higher vantage point), managed to capture the entire step stool without also capturing your feet.

…are you a ghost?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
a g-g-g-ghost?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

madmatt112 posted:

You remembered!! :swoon:
Beautiful, I love it.

However, I’m vexed as to how you, standing on the step stool (obviously to get a higher vantage point), managed to capture the entire step stool without also capturing your feet.

…are you a ghost?

I used the stool to climb onto the trunk of my husband's car.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/9AI20eH.mp4

edited to crop

Trabant has a new favorite as of 04:27 on May 20, 2024

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I hate when I find stool under my partner’s trunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol nice

the quilt too! love the colours