Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ross Angeles posted:

Basically, to summize, West Coast Best Coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Public transit owns and your city is bitchmade if it doesn't have a good public transit system.

OKC is pretty cool actually

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Metapod posted:

A city of thieves and charlatans :mad:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Metapod posted:

:chloe:

I lived there for 3 years (Norman for 2).

Never again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Metapod posted:

Your airport isn't even open 24 hours. Your whole state sucks. Especially Lawton. gently caress that place. The absolute worst armpit on Earth.

And your A strippers are maybe C+'s in other states. Shameful.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chicago is the best, there's a drat good reason Ferris took his day off there. Definitely in the running for best public transportation system. Clear champion for best pizza. Its pretty affordable to live by all the cool poo poo on the North Side, and trains can get you everywhere else.

Winters are pretty brutal though, can't lie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JRizzle posted:

Look at this wrong rear end opinion

:troll:

Hockey owns, I'm still made about losing the Atl NHL franchise. Just because the locals didn't like it, pssssh...

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Why don't any goons want to live in Detroit?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

There are billboards in the trendiest neighborhood in Brooklyn advertising Detroit with the tagline “Be Left Alone”.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

:troll:

Hockey owns, I'm still made about losing the Atl NHL franchise. Just because the locals didn't like it, pssssh...

What DO the locals like in Atlanta? Because they sure don't seem to like <Professional Sports Team>

corsair
Jan 10, 2001
Go Habs Go

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shath Hole posted:

What DO the locals like in Atlanta? Because they sure don't seem to like <Professional Sports Team>

UGA?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

It's gotta be a college town because the pro teams seem like they struggle with getting fans in on a consistent basis. But what do I know, I'm from Chicago where poo poo teams like the Cubs and Bears sell out all the time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

They love the local teams as long as they're winning. The second they start losing they completely lose interest.

Getting their hopes up to only be disappointed about UGA every year.

It's the best

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

The Dawgs, mostly.

... or Bama. These mother fuckers didn't deserve the Smoltz/Glav/Maddux era.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 22, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

New York is a hellhole full of weirdos vagrants and trash. I've never been to LA but I can confidently say Chicago is the best city in that list and probably the best city in any list of major American cities

Honestly, it's hectic and nerve racking. Just getting on the L train it's like I'm like riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing.

Bob Morales posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=643hdcNbOE4

?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

These mother fuckers didn't deserve the Smoltz/Glav/Maddox era.

I was going to say, I used to watch every Braves game growing up and that park was always empty. I remember asking my dad what was wrong with the fans that they don't go see a team as good as the Braves were year in and year out. Maybe that was part of it though, for as dominant as they were they only won 1 championship.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I was going to say, I used to watch every Braves game growing up and that park was always empty. I remember asking my dad what was wrong with the fans that they don't go see a team as good as the Braves were year in and year out. Maybe that was part of it though, for as dominant as they were they only won 1 championship.

Watching them drop 3 world series ruined my sports fandom for the better part of 20 years. You worst part is that I didn't even watch them win it all. My spirit had long since been crushed.

Honestly, though, who the gently caress goes outside for like 3 hours in July in Atlanta? loving homeless people, that's who.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shath Hole posted:

I watched them for as long as I could remember watching anything up until the strike season. Don't think I've sat through or watched an entire baseball game since.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I thought Maddux was a Padre

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I thought Maddux was a Padre

You shut your whore mouth. Shut it right the hell up. t:mad:t

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Close! Only 10-15 minutes away. I'm in Maurepas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

You shut your whore mouth. Shut it right the hell up. t:mad:t

My mistake, Dodger. Close though!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm still angry he didn't go into the Hall as a Brave

gently caress you Mad Dog :argh: why do you hate us :cry:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's difficult to exaggerate how hard it is to get to turner field.

of course the new park will be in an even worse spot.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I moved to Cincy over the summer, it's fine I guess.

I like it here more than Columbus at least.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah, it'll be fine. Just like it wasn't that hard to get to Turner Field. Plus, there will be a bunch of cool stuff to do before/after games and you won't have to fear for your life going to/leaving the game.

People in this city are such god drat babies. The ones complaining the loudest don't even go to games.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nah, it'll be fine. Just like it wasn't that hard to get to Turner Field. Plus, there will be a bunch of cool stuff to do before/after games and you won't have to fear for your life going to/leaving the game.

People in this city are such god drat babies. The ones complaining the loudest don't even go to games.

I do gotta say that these days going to a game for a family takes some serious financial planning. Between tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise that could get pretty pricey.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I do gotta say that these days going to a game for a family takes some serious financial planning. Between tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise that could get pretty pricey.

I guess I have it better than most that I only live a few miles from the stadium and when I go I'm just paying for myself and my girlfriend.

But that's not an issue that's unique to the Braves/Turner Field. Going to any pro game would be like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Honestly, it's hectic and nerve racking. Just getting on the L train it's like I'm like riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing.

Hahahaha. You can walk an entire block in Times Square without even hearing English…

New York owns except for the rent.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

How in the name of Jesus and little baby Jesus did they create a ballpark in ATLANTA, of all places, that wasn't on the loving mass transit rail line? FFS, there's only 2 of them, could it be that hard?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

How in the name of Jesus and little baby Jesus did they create a ballpark in ATLANTA, of all places, that wasn't on the loving mass transit rail line? FFS, there's only 2 of them, could it be that hard?

Because using Marta to get anywhere loving sucks. I live and work less than a mile from Marta and I still refuse to take it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Because using Marta to get anywhere loving sucks. I live and work less than a mile from Marta and I still refuse to take it.

There's only 2 lines, bro, unless you're going to the airport or to the Dome, there's really not much of a reason to get on it... if there was a baseball stadium on it, though? Who knows. I guess we'll never know, as the next baseball stadium is way the gently caress out in Cobb county because gently caress north side loop congestion.

edit:

This all reminds, me, bro, wherever you move, can you please take me the gently caress with you?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

EvanTH posted:

I wonder how many people in 2015 get this reference

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
E: whoops

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 22, 2015

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It is a 15 mile difference, right now, in peak traffic, Google Maps is saying that's around 30 minutes. That's from Turner Field to Suntrust Park. It ain't that bad unless you live on the southside which, in that case, I can see why you want out so bad.

My company told me yesterday that if I do move, they double my moving stipend if I have a significant other come with me. :bigtran:

Ross Angeles posted:

I wonder how many people in 2015 get this reference

John Rocker was the man. I was at a restaurant/bar here once and he showed up with a body guard. He wound up sitting at a table by himself over near the bathrooms. At one point I need to piss so I head to the bathroom. The bodyguard bowed up a little as I walked by and kind of trailed me so I didn't get near Rocker's table. I kind of had to laugh about it because I guarantee no one else in that restaurant knew who he was but me.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 22, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

It is a 15 mile difference, right now, in peak traffic, Google Maps is saying that's around 30 minutes. That's from Turner Field to Suntrust Park. It ain't that bad unless you live on the southside which, in that case, I can see why you want out so bad.

Or Alpharetta, or Sandy Springs, or East Atlanta, or in downtown.

Like have you been to 75/285 during rush hour?

As far as things to do....lol. LETS GO TO BUFFALO WILD WINGS!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Or Alpharetta, or Sandy Springs, or East Atlanta, or in downtown.

Like have you been to 75/285 during rush hour?

As far as things to do....lol. LETS GO TO BUFFALO WILD WINGS!

Who cares about Alpharetta (1 hour) but Sandy Springs and EAV are still 30-40 minutes even right now.

There's gonna be more than B dubs. They recently announced there will be a Superica (love that place btw), Fox Bros (awesome bbq), Antico (pizza) and a couple new places. That's just the early-release list

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

old dog child posted:

Your airport isn't even open 24 hours. Your whole state sucks. Especially Lawton. gently caress that place. The absolute worst armpit on Earth.

And your A strippers are maybe C+'s in other states. Shameful.

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Our airport isn't open 24/7 either because of noise curfew

• Locked thread