Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
finally the rock has arrived on set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

The Undead is really watchable and pretty funny even without the Mst3ks riffing it imo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

heard u like girls posted:

The Undead is really watchable and pretty funny even without the Mst3ks riffing it imo

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was on the right side of history

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

it has one of the best horror posters ever

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Agreed its really cool classic goodness

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It'll be interesting to see if season 2 of Fallout features some of the more fantastical stuff that will require high-end CGI like super mutants and deathclaws. Animating power armor is one thing but a convincing-looking deathclaw is going to be tough without spending a boatload of money on it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I hope the salesman who gave her lead-tainted bone meal is rotting in hell rn :(

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Even Corman's worst movies are still watchable, it's an amazing talent.

Endless Trash posted:

I hope the salesman who gave her lead-tainted bone meal is rotting in hell rn :(

Oh geeze, I didn't know that, how awful.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Endless Trash posted:

grandad is doing great, sorry

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I feel like such a weirdo that I haven't liked the fallout series at all. Not due to some LORE CANON nitpicks, I just don't think its well written and it feels like a boring chore to watch it. The fact that i was watching it and shogun at the same time didn't help, but it really highlighted the difference in writing and general direction.

Shogun assumes the viewer is watching the show fully, 100% attention is required because nothing is said in the show that isn't important or isn't moving the plot forward. Every subtle inference is important and you'll quickly be lost if you're not actually watching the show. It also assumes the viewer can actually infer things from dialog and body language and understand things that aren't outright stated. Also I never knew what was going to happen next, every development was a surprise and it kept me desperately wanting to know what's going to happen next.

Fallout is a show for people who watch TV while scrolling on their phone. Anything important to the plot is repeated multiple times just to make sure you got it. Nothing is left to be inferred by the viewer so there's no subtly, everything is 100% on the nose. Everything that happens in the show is also very obviously hinted at before it happens, or is an extremely expected "twist" or well trod trope. Like the whole lead up to the "other" vault actually being bad guys made it so incredibly clear what was going to happen, by the time it finally happens I was bored and just wanted them to move the plot forward already after so much time "building up" to it. Fallout makes me constantly want to fast forward or scroll on my phone, because everything feels so drawn out.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I feel like such a weirdo that I haven't liked the fallout series at all. Not due to some LORE CANON nitpicks, I just don't think its well written and it feels like a boring chore to watch it. The fact that i was watching it and shogun at the same time didn't help, but it really highlighted the difference in writing and general direction.

Shogun assumes the viewer is watching the show fully, 100% attention is required because nothing is said in the show that isn't important or isn't moving the plot forward. Every subtle inference is important and you'll quickly be lost if you're not actually watching the show. It also assumes the viewer can actually infer things from dialog and body language and understand things that aren't outright stated. Also I never knew what was going to happen next, every development was a surprise and it kept me desperately wanting to know what's going to happen next.

Fallout is a show for people who watch TV while scrolling on their phone. Anything important to the plot is repeated multiple times just to make sure you got it. Nothing is left to be inferred by the viewer so there's no subtly, everything is 100% on the nose. Everything that happens in the show is also very obviously hinted at before it happens, or is an extremely expected "twist" or well trod trope. Like the whole lead up to the "other" vault actually being bad guys made it so incredibly clear what was going to happen, by the time it finally happens I was bored and just wanted them to move the plot forward already after so much time "building up" to it. Fallout makes me constantly want to fast forward or scroll on my phone, because everything feels so drawn out.
Well maybe you should enjoy Fallout properly by scrolling on your phone while watching it?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
when he shot that guy, his head exploded

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I assume parts of Shogun are in Japanese with English subtitles? That’s probably why you gotta pay attention more and not kill piggies in angry birds.

If Goggins was talking in some ghoul language half the time you’d pay more attention in Fallout

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Baronjutter posted:

i'm not reading any of this, can you make it in to a 15 second looping short form video instead?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Endless Trash posted:

I assume parts of Shogun are in Japanese with English subtitles? That’s probably why you gotta pay attention more and not kill piggies in angry birds.

If Goggins was talking in some ghoul language half the time you’d pay more attention in Fallout
I've only watched like three episodes of shogun but I think it's true that they don't spell everything out or repeat everything important multiple times so you probably do have to be paying attention even if you're watching the version with the Japanese parts dubbed into English.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sort of like star wars, I just don't know if there is much left to say about todd. He is exactly what everyone knows he is, he makes what he makes, and by all accounts a lot of people want it terribly

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
This is definitely the thread to cry about those loving Nerds for not shutting up and consuming product

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I thought Fallout did a pretty good job of being unpredictable honestly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Proposal: Digital Remaster of The Undead with new effects and elements added

Kickstarter Goal: $280 million

Proof of Concept:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Baronjutter posted:

I never seen shogun but this is 100 per cent correct about Amazon prime's microsoft's bethesda's todd Howard's fallout

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

Proof of Concept:

so what are you thinking in the way of stretch goals?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Are new vagas fans actually upset, or has the ghostbusters 2016 marketing tactic of "the BAD people hate this, so that means you are being good by defending it" become du rigeur

Literally everyone I know that thinks NV is the best is fine with the fallout show

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Watch Shogun on your phone while watching Fallout on the TV, best of both worlds.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Are new vagas fans actually upset, or has the ghostbusters 2016 marketing tactic of "the BAD people hate this, so that means you are being good by defending it" become du rigeur

Literally everyone I know that thinks NV is the best is fine with the fallout show

I am genuinely curious to find out which NV ending is canon in season 2. The fallout show takes place around 15 years after the events of the game and from the stinger at the end of S1, the strip appears to have largely been destroyed however, Mr. House (in the flesh) was featured in a pre-war flashback so who knows. I suppose anything could have happened after the 2nd battle of Hoover Dam in those 15 years before Lily’s buttholedad finds it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

It'll be interesting to see if season 2 of Fallout features some of the more fantastical stuff that will require high-end CGI like super mutants and deathclaws. Animating power armor is one thing but a convincing-looking deathclaw is going to be tough without spending a boatload of money on it.

Lol uhh I think the cg people can figure out how to make a monster no problem ezpz practically one button to do it all by now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Khanstant posted:

Lol uhh I think the cg people can figure out how to make a monster no problem ezpz practically one button to do it all by now.

And make it look good? Idk about that

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Frank Frank posted:

I am genuinely curious to find out which NV ending is canon in season 2. The fallout show takes place around 15 years after the events of the game and from the stinger at the end of S1, the strip appears to have largely been destroyed however, Mr. House (in the flesh) was featured in a pre-war flashback so who knows. I suppose anything could have happened after the 2nd battle of Hoover Dam in those 15 years before Lily’s buttholedad finds it.

this is where I think most normal people are. I'm bracing for a new "gently caress you" from Todd Howard, but who cares?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Shogun requires work and attention so your brain likes it more. Does this really need explaining?

You remember going food shooping, readying ingredients, prepping and cooking and serving the meal. You remember just how good and satisfying it was.
Also, you went to mcdonalds 300 times but can't recall anything about it.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
inside you are two wolves: Shoout and Fallgun

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Proof of Concept:

Where do I donate?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Proof of Concept:

The eye-lines don’t even match, I can’t take this seriously

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

brother, they aint lookin at each others eyes!!!!!!!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

the rock

quote:

piss
gently caress, he really is going to be elected president

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
jon bois is legit imo
he's the one who did that hilarious documentary on the forum argument about how many days there are in a week and also that goddamn heartbreaker about the history of mma "fighting in the age of loneliness" that I've watched like three times
I almost never click one of his new videos though, idk why

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

And make it look good? Idk about that

Looks great and if you need more than that, you're part of the imagination rot problem.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Baronjutter posted:

One is based on the writings of a man who survived the horrors of a Japanese World War 2 prison camp, yet still developed an empathy and fascination with the culture and history of his enslavers. The other is based on a videogame for children.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

That DICK! posted:

Proof of Concept:

thought this was jodi arias

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

jon bois is legit imo
he's the one who did that hilarious documentary on the forum argument about how many days there are in a week and also that goddamn heartbreaker about the history of mma "fighting in the age of loneliness" that I've watched like three times
I almost never click one of his new videos though, idk why

You’re afraid to love :blush:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Frank Frank posted:

before Lily’s butthole

Lily?

I mean if you want to plumb that depth, I'm sure Grandma's got a present for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mordja posted:

One is based on the writings of a man who survived the horrors of a Japanese World War 2 prison camp, yet still developed an empathy and fascination with the culture and history of his enslavers. The other is based on a videogame for children.

Fallout is rated M, actually