Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Ahh yes the jersey mountain shore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yes, I'll use a photo from the 1990's showing tens of thousands more people then ever showed up to Trump rally and try to pass it off as if it really happened....All while talking about Donald Trump, a person the media have taking to scrutinising every claim made about him.

How could this possibly fail?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The Question IRL posted:

Yes, I'll use a photo from the 1990's showing tens of thousands more people then ever showed up to Trump rally and try to pass it off as if it really happened....All while talking about Donald Trump, a person the media have taking to scrutinising every claim made about him.

How could this possibly fail?

"Sounds like more fake news. Triggered much lib? Heh heh heh, got 'em. GEOTUS wins again."

You'll never win a debate with a cultist, and a fascist will use it spread their own message while drowning yours in bullshit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

3.5 million? Is this the most people that have ever been in a single venue?
I double checked and the peak Hajj was 3.1

051424_2
May 14, 2024
what right wing media?

the entire bourgeoisie is a cacophony of dementia

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
He later posted a pic of Woodstock and claimed he was just joking.

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/1789863689316704540

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You have to understand, he just now thought of the puppet master defense and simply can't comprehend anyone ever having had that thought before.

Really it's the smartest thing a boomer in his position has ever done.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The joke was "Imagine if people actually went to a Trump rally"?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

3.5 million? Is this the most people that have ever been in a single venue?
I double checked and the peak Hajj was 3.1

People in the back, “what’s going on? Why are we all at the beach?”

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
On Todd Herman's American Family Radio show yesterday, while covering "industrial surrogacy" (really just a cover for "Look, I'm not saying all gay men are pedophiles, but..."), he claimed that pedophilia is completely legal in California.

Today, he read a listener email asking where he got that idea. He admitted he was being hyperbolic, and that pedophilia wasn't legal in California. Yet. But it has been completely decriminalized, since the California police simply do not prosecute these crimes. And when Newsom gleefully signs two bills written by Anthony Wiener (who is fully possessed by The Devil by the way), it will be completely legal.

I was wondering how AFR was gonna fill Bryan Fischer's "will just say literally anything in order to make gran-gran scared enough to vote" shoes, but they apparently found a guy.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

On Todd Herman's American Family Radio show yesterday, while covering "industrial surrogacy" (really just a cover for "Look, I'm not saying all gay men are pedophiles, but..."), he claimed that pedophilia is completely legal in California.

Today, he read a listener email asking where he got that idea. He admitted he was being hyperbolic, and that pedophilia wasn't legal in California. Yet. But it has been completely decriminalized, since the California police simply do not prosecute these crimes. And when Newsom gleefully signs two bills written by Anthony Wiener (who is fully possessed by The Devil by the way), it will be completely legal.

I was wondering how AFR was gonna fill Bryan Fischer's "will just say literally anything in order to make gran-gran scared enough to vote" shoes, but they apparently found a guy.
Breaking news: politician commits world's most obviously preventable career suicide

Something to that effect would be a headline or opinion piece of every news outlet in the country if anyone did that. Of course I'm sure any bullshit this guy says about the future is forgotten immediately the precise attosecond it's proven wrong, seemingly defying the laws of physics regarding how fast information is able to move

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The opposition to surrogacy is purely out of homophobia and pushing this narrative that gay men are stealing babies to groom them. They take the valid ethical concerns that arise from surrogacy (designer babies, exploiting financially vulnerable women, etc) and just use it as a cudgel to attack gay adoption from a new angle, but it's the same argument as before.

Like when they attack single moms they always beat the 'boys need a father, all the inmates in prison came from single mother households' drum, but the idea of having TWO dads suddenly becomes unacceptable.

And the second part is a very common cope "They're doing a thing!"
"No they aren't"
"Well, not yet"

I see it with discussions about crime and retail theft - try to debunk their claims about rampant crime and shoplifting and they'll backpedal to "They're just not bothering to report the crime because they know liberal DAs won't prosecute anyway".

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Panfilo posted:

The opposition to surrogacy is purely out of homophobia and pushing this narrative that gay men are stealing babies to groom them. They take the valid ethical concerns that arise from surrogacy (designer babies, exploiting financially vulnerable women, etc) and just use it as a cudgel to attack gay adoption from a new angle, but it's the same argument as before.

Like when they attack single moms they always beat the 'boys need a father, all the inmates in prison came from single mother households' drum, but the idea of having TWO dads suddenly becomes unacceptable.

And the second part is a very common cope "They're doing a thing!"
"No they aren't"
"Well, not yet"

I see it with discussions about crime and retail theft - try to debunk their claims about rampant crime and shoplifting and they'll backpedal to "They're just not bothering to report the crime because they know liberal DAs won't prosecute anyway".
Reporting shoplifting to the police becomes worth it only if said shoplifting is rampant, for insurance reasons. I doubt the police actually have to do anything for insurance to care either. And usually I find the response to "here's why what you said is the opposite of reality for very logical, capitalistic reasons you should support" is direct to brain shut down, personal insult, gently caress this liberal he lies about everything

Edit: for the gay dad any thing, asking them what basis they have for believing it's inevitable is a bad idea because you're just gonna get rampant homophobia, how well it's veiled depending on how smart they otherwise are.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 18, 2024

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Classic Trump.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1791639184379367745

From todays rally after begrudgingly going to his sons graduation that he whined so much about not being able to go to.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1791637637331112383

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This was king of amusing. Slate.com did a TV/IV of a full day of FOX NEws

https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-fox-news-viewer-see-095000472.html

What Does a Fox News Viewer See in One Day? You Have to See It to Believe.

It's part of a series you can read here

https://slate.com/tag/fox-2024

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Conservatives keep claiming that Biden is in advanced stages of senility and they just stuff him full of speed and cocaine before big events to make him seem rational and coherent.

Why do people just nod along with that like it’s a thing?

In what universe does giving someone with dementia huge doses of drugs make them rational instead of just demented and high likely spewing gibberish at 90 mph and screaming at the spiders?

You give dementia patients anti-psychotics when they are having severe agitation because it helps relieve their confusion and stress. It doesn’t make them world class public speakers.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Murgos posted:

Conservatives keep claiming that Biden is in advanced stages of senility and they just stuff him full of speed and cocaine before big events to make him seem rational and coherent.

In what universe does giving someone with dementia huge doses of drugs make them rational instead of just demented and high likely spewing gibberish at 90 mph and screaming at the spiders?

You give dementia patients anti-psychotics when they are having severe agitation because it helps relieve their confusion and stress. It doesn’t make them world class public speakers.

I don't know but Trump is demanding that Biden take a drug test prior to their debates.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know but Trump is demanding that Biden take a drug test prior to their debates.

Didn't he do that last time too

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Murgos posted:

They have to hope that something will help them when their own brains start to rot (they already have rotted).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Murgos posted:

Conservatives ranting about wildly inaccurate effects of drugs and the resulting salacious poo poo that didn't happen has a long and noble history in this country. I'd be far more surprised if they were accurately bitching about a clear and true instance of someone using drugs.

Kind of surprised they haven't claimed Biden is snorting Fentanyl, given that's their current scary drug boogieman.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jarvisi posted:

I don't recall

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Give them both MDMA for the debates

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
No one cares about the debates unless one of them goes into a coma onscreen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jarvisi posted:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Jarvisi posted:

I’m hoping for more of a Ron Paul moment but we’ll take what we can get

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Jarvisi posted:

His entire life is spent making up reasons why he looks bad and its not at all his fault.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-drug-test.html

October 2016

"“I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate,” Mr. Trump told a crowd of thousands gathered in the parking lot of a Toyota dealership on a chilly afternoon."

"He continued: “We should take a drug test prior because I don’t know what’s going on with her. But at the beginning of her last debate — she was all pumped up at the beginning, and at the end it was like, ‘Oh, take me down.’ She could barely reach her car.”"

e: when you are part of todays MAGA, somehow the phrase "so good, I even recommend drinking it black" somehow sounds racist
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1792318516101595210

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 19, 2024

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Alito is deep inside the right wing media ecosystem?!?!?!

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1792363084616761456

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Murgos posted:

It's because that's what Trump's doing :ssh:

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

is roberts ever frustrated that the conservative wing is trading away the public legitimacy and reputation of the court for such mind numbingly stupid bullshit? like maybe he's resigned to that they were gonna destroy public opinion of the imperial wizard court anyway but still harbors resentment that they didn't at least stretch it out by not doing it for incredibly dumb things

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Staluigi posted:

is roberts ever frustrated that the conservative wing is trading away the public legitimacy and reputation of the court for such mind numbingly stupid bullshit? like maybe he's resigned to that they were gonna destroy public opinion of the imperial wizard court anyway but still harbors resentment that they didn't at least stretch it out by not doing it for incredibly dumb things
He may be, but he has done little to stop it

It’s also not like they have suffered any real consequences. They killed Roe and affirmative action, among other things and essentially got away with it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

FlamingLiberal posted:

He may be, but he has done little to stop it

It’s also not like they have suffered any real consequences. They killed Roe and affirmative action, among other things and essentially got away with it.

Realistically, what could he do?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm sure old liches like he and mcconell feel bad that their team might be transforming into a loser form, but they played one of the greatest eras ever and are GOATs. nothing matters except W's and if they die it doesnt affect them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

Alito is deep inside the right wing media ecosystem?!?!?!

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1792363084616761456

Is that his most recent photo? He looks very unhealthy, and unwell.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
way to much of our holders of the seats of power look unwell and old because they are. unfortunately they also have access to the good healthcare so them ghouls last near forever

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Goons should probably know better than anyone that you can look unhealthy and unwell and still live long lives. Hell, I've been posting on this site for almost 20 years!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Professor Beetus posted:

Goons should probably know better than anyone that you can look unhealthy and unwell and still live long lives. Hell, I've been posting on this site for almost 20 years!
Excellent post/name combo

I'm not saying these old evil fucks do this but I'm not not saying that demonic sorcery is real and they make extensive use of other peoples' souls

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Islamic Shock posted:

Excellent post/name combo

I'm not saying these old evil fucks do this but I'm not not saying that demonic sorcery is real and they make extensive use of other peoples' souls

Considering how long it took Kissinger to die I wouldn't rule that out.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hunt11 posted:

Considering how long it took Kissinger to die I wouldn't rule that out.

Did anyone drive a stake in the corpse then bury it at a crossroads to make sure? Also smash anything glass that was nearby. Can't be too sure on this one.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

bird food bathtub posted:

Did anyone drive a stake in the corpse then bury it at a crossroads to make sure? Also smash anything glass that was nearby. Can't be too sure on this one.
Bury it on a leyline then write a binding spell on his corpse just in case anything tries to take it for one last spin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Realistically, what could he do?

Literally anything to enact a code of ethics