Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP posted:

this is a real show that aired in the 90s

it's from the creators of the fresh prince of bel air! and the henson company!

apparently ABC made third rock from the sun at the same time, and decided this was the one to go with, just let NBC take 3rd rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

redshirt posted:

Face gills??

that blue lump on the side of her forehead

yeah they kinda gave up after making all the alien kids

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

that blue lump on the side of her forehead

yeah they kinda gave up after making all the alien kids

*laugh track

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

lots of fun aliens in the family trivia

redshirt posted:

*laugh track

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

Face gills??

Just more holes iykwim

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I came back to this thread at a good time, that show sounds familiar but I most certainly never watched it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Waterworld, an essay

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Next up we have a real treat for you drum n bass heads out there. It's DJ P-Trap back again with his incredible new track Backflow Preventer

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

https://i.imgur.com/krAlm52.mp4

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

goddamn I hope it'd be gentler to a raccoon titty

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Told my boss I'm quitting. I feel kinda bad. As much as this place burnt me out they weren't abusive like some other bosses have been. Well, that's life! I managed to do it and it was important!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

The 5000 Page Thread: goddamn I hope it'd be gentler to a raccoon titty

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Escape From Noise posted:

Told my boss I'm quitting. I feel kinda bad. As much as this place burnt me out they weren't abusive like some other bosses have been. Well, that's life! I managed to do it and it was important!

Well done that's always a difficult band aid to rip off. Do you have another place lined up or are you gonna wing it?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i took a very important video while i was out

https://i.imgur.com/1PG5Dwz.mp4

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i feel scammed out of a cow licking another cow asmr

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1PG5Dwz.mp4

TIP posted:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

Well done that's always a difficult band aid to rip off. Do you have another place lined up or are you gonna wing it?

I have something else lined up. I didn't put in my notice until I did due to the whole visa situation.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Submitting my resignation letter today.

Dude :respek:

gently caress yeah

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

I have something else lined up. I didn't put in my notice until I did due to the whole visa situation.

so did you quit all japanese like or did you go all i'm outta here suckers and hopped on a harley davidson to drive off into the sunset like an american???

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

EFN solemnly slicing off his chonmage ponytail and wrapping it in a recipe for mango milkshake gose as the daimyo watches disapprovingly.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

*TIP after a long day of posting, removes her human mask revealing a raccoon. A single bead of sweat trickles down her cheek as she gulps loudly*

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

1) I love you baby raccoon

2) I sometimes pretend my cats head is a sandwich so I am 100% for this

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Congratulations, you're not a sociopath! Coming from an outside observer I can honestly say "gently caress that place"

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

Cows usually imitate thier surroundings (they are widely known as masters of camouflage) so I assume you were cleaning Boo at the time you took this vid

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

so did you quit all japanese like or did you go all i'm outta here suckers and hopped on a harley davidson to drive off into the sunset like an american???

I submitted my resignation letter with almost 5 weeks notice. I mean, I can't really no call no show without legal repercussions. Plus, it's a small industry.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I meant to ask, how hard is it to get weed in Japan? I heard it's pretty rare.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

My understanding is that pretty much any recreational drug apart from alcohol carries a massive social taboo which could be worse than the (relatively severe) legal penalties associated with it

I don't think many people are smoking weed in japan

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 20, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Also I may have found my replacement. He's out of the country right now, but he'll be back in a few days.

I'm planning on being very honest about the situation here. He apparently has cellar experience and he's a pretty avid home brewer. It would be a good stepping stone into the industry. I moved from a cellar position into a head brewer position pretty much overnight here and it was intimidating, but I was able to plug in more information than I expected. So we'll see.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

I meant to ask, how hard is it to get weed in Japan? I heard it's pretty rare.

I've come across it but it's super illegal. I'd definitely get deported for possession and any citizen would face hard time.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

That said, I know a couple Japanese folks who are usually holdin.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
That tallies with what I heard from my cousin, she's teaching there but she doesn't partake and doesn't know anyone who does. Sweden was like that also. My wife wants to see Aus/NZ in a couple of years and I'd like to see cousin in Japan if only briefly if we're going that far.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

ReelBigLizard posted:

That tallies with what I heard from my cousin, she's teaching there but she doesn't partake and doesn't know anyone who does. Sweden was like that also. My wife wants to see Aus/NZ in a couple of years and I'd like to see cousin in Japan if only briefly if we're going that far.

Sweden is far less strict than Japan - I don't know their exact practices, but it's definitely not instajail for a bit of weed.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Computer viking posted:

Sweden is far less strict than Japan - I don't know their exact practices, but it's definitely not instajail for a bit of weed.

Hmm yeah you're right on the severity, but on the social side I felt like a lot of swedes look at stoners like they're meth heads. You couldn't even buy CBD when I visited.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

ReelBigLizard posted:

Hmm yeah you're right on the severity, but on the social side I felt like a lot of swedes look at stoners like they're meth heads. You couldn't even buy CBD when I visited.

I fully agree weedheads are the worst as I ingest copious amounts of henbane

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Congratulations brother! Onward and upward!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Proud of you EFN. Cheers, and here's to bigger and better things!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I want to go to Japan

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

We're officially 69% of the way to 5000 pages :toot:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

We're officially 69% of the way to 5000 pages :toot:

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What do you make of this observation: There are 3 types of critters who gather around the bird feeder every day - gray squirrels, red squirrels, and chipmunks.

The gray squirrels are by far the largest, and most skittish. The moment they see you, they bolt.
The red squirrels are much smaller, but also much less skittish. If you move slowly, you can get pretty close to them before they bolt.
And then the chipmunks, who are smaller still, and also much less skittish too. Routinely, you can get right up to them, and they don't seem concerned.

So, by size, the smaller they get, the less skittish. Why is that?