Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Dustin vs Christian 8 10.67%
Best Friends vs Not Lucha Bros 3 4.00%
BCG vs Mogul Embassy 4 5.33%
Anna vs Deonna 1 1.33%
Top Flight vs Private Party 2 2.67%
Joe vs Hook 57 76.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Suzuki being the AEW boogeyman rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

magiccarpet posted:

Suzuki being the AEW boogeyman rules

He's like Lance Archer. He's presented as a menace but always gets jobbed.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Why hasn't he done the jar of teeth thing yet in AEW? That was one of the best things about his Indy gimmick.

He did when was evil Danhausen for that one match I’ve forgotten everything else about

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Why hasn't he done the jar of teeth thing yet in AEW? That was one of the best things about his Indy gimmick.

He has included them but not made them a focus yet

I would argue danhausen has not really had the time onscreen to build up the steam to make anything a focus, because he keeps getting taken off tv for injuries or because he was bootlegging ‘90s Big Japan tapes or because you’re drat right he screwed Bret

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'd love to one day learn the whole story about Copeland vs. Suzuki coming together, it's so wild.

Tony wanted two old guys to make faces and hit each other

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's like Lance Archer. He's presented as a menace but always gets jobbed.

thats also how Minoru Suzuki has been in Japan for the past decade+ unless he's fighting even older guys or making a special appearance on some indy

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Winning isn't really the worry against suzuki, because Suzuki is past caring about a win loss record. he's done that, he's been the big man. Suzuki isn't here to win, he's here to make sure you're in as much pain for as long as possible during and after the match.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Based on literally nothing at all, I’m going to say that Suzuki is the tryout for people who want to work Japanese NJPW shows. That why Danielson got to go and why RJ City will never get to go.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

Based on literally nothing at all, I’m going to say that Suzuki is the tryout for people who want to work Japanese NJPW shows. That why Danielson got to go and why RJ City will never get to go.

Is your theory based off of HEY EW, because now I'd really like to see footage of a match between RJ and Suzuki if that exists.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That was a pretty great Hey EW. "You're making fun of me thinking I don't know English, I know enough to get the gist"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

There are Marjorie Taylor Green cards??

Only if you play an all-White deck.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Carwash oval office posted:

Is your theory based off of HEY EW, because now I'd really like to see footage of a match between RJ and Suzuki if that exists.

Yeah, when I’m old and doddering that interview will still come to mind and I will smile

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

CobiWann posted:

Only if you play an all-White deck.

the below card, of course, being the only exception

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RandolphCarter posted:

He did when was evil Danhausen for that one match I’ve forgotten everything else about

Trent asked if they were gonna talk about the teeth and danhausen said no

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Danhausen appear on game knights

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the LORE of the DANHAUSEN

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hanger/Penta could also be a main event

thisll probably jerk

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Danhausen taken off TV for bootlegging Magic cards...sad times.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1750171608277524532?t=aFnoXoPSaUsSPjQhughTBw&s=19

Also hell yeah. AEW's video package guys are always on it.

meant to ask why cope is doing the gyv thing

he has, once, and then again in a backstage promo segment

efb

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i didnt see the match, but hearing that an indy brought in suzuki to annihilate karrion kross then called him a young boy lol

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Crazy that Swerve Strickland is going to literally murder Jeff Hardy in the ring tonight, but hell, I'm tuning in.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Britt veto'ed it for gimmick infringement.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

graph posted:

i didnt see the match, but hearing that an indy brought in suzuki to annihilate karrion kross then called him a young boy lol

It was a NJPW USA show. Here's a video. I think it captures the "loving young boy" based on lip reading but I can't quite hear it in this clip.

Quite a memorable debut!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hype

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1750217065330303487

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestl...what-comes-next

They're reading the thread :tinfoil:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oh no the last time someone promised a TNT title storyline where no one would know what comes next what came next was Cody going to WWE.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

quote:

The possibility also exists to deliver matches wrestling fans will never anticipate–even against opponents like Hiroshi Tanahashi or Sting.

don't play with me like this Adam

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

neoaxd posted:

Britt veto'ed it for gimmick infringement.

Britt was his source for teeth, she had a profitable sideline supplying him

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No one is anticipating Copeland vs Yoshihiko.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

It wasn't super popular here (I liked it) but Better Than You Baybay was by far the hottest thing going with the live crowds and most over angle at the time

Live crowds have rapidly declined

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fart blood posted:

That wasn't what they claimed.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

That wasn't what they claimed.

If live crowds are declining then the angle isn’t as over as he thinks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fart blood posted:

No, it just means that you get the audience you're targeting. It didn't have especially broad appeal, but the people in the building that did show up really liked it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fart blood posted:

The live crowds could be declining since the angle is not moving forward and is essentially over until max and cole are healthy

It’s not that alone, but even if you were to argue that better than you baybay was the top and only live crowd driver, it basically hasn’t existed since like August, and definitely doesn’t exist now

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Show has both great wrestling and sports entertainment.
Live crowds are declining.
Live crowds present are hooting and hollering over sports entertainment segments

Sounds like sports entertainment isn't the problem here. Can't argue with math :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

Live crowds for 2023 were very strong and went up in Q4, when the angle ended with Max's exit from the company.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Live crowds for 2023 were very strong and went up in Q4, when the angle ended with Max's exit from the company.

That goes against every report about live attendance that has been reported

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fart blood posted:

That goes against every report about live attendance that has been reported

No it doesn't.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

Live crowds have declined since they stopped doing the gimmick if you really wanna try and make that argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Then why do my eyes always see small crowds on tv and why is Dave Meltzer constantly saying sales and advances aren’t good