Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Jonny 290 posted:

congrats to elon on recovering the namecheap password

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i want to fire elon, with a cannon, and put him on ubi on the surface of the sun

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
yeah lamar :mad:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

...! posted:

doge maligner

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

...! posted:

:qq:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

xpost (lol) from union thread

Carthag Tuek posted:

amazing, swedish tesla workers are still on strike (since nov ish 2023)

tesla just lost their suit trying to force the sympathy acting postal service to deliver license plates so theyre still basically shut off.
https://www.dn.se/direkt/2024-05-16/bakslag-for-tesla-i-skyltstriden/

union statement w list of 10 collective bargaining agreement advantages for both workers and employers
https://www.expressen.se/debatt/grattis-tesla-har-ar--10-skal-att-skriva-avtal/ (the embedded video isnt related, its just some rear end in a top hat being mad about drag afaict)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

he certainly didn’t leave on his own cybertruck

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

don't worry they'll probably be head of production for idk fisker or something in like 6 months

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Also from Electrek:

quote:

Tesla is telling new Model S and Model X buyers that they won’t have access to Steam gaming inside their electric vehicles.

Even though Tesla has been investing heavily into integrating video games into its in-car entertainment system, it still surprised many when Tesla said earlier this year that it planned to go as far as integrating Valve’s Steam, an online video game store and distribution platform, in its vehicles.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

xpost (lol) from union thread

i really wonder how sales are doing in the region but iirc tesla doesn't break down their sales stats per country

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

gschmidl posted:

Also from Electrek:

if their platforms really are a mix of x86 and arm then they probably couldn't get steam's (almost entirely windows, x86) catalog to run on arm acceptably using presumably qemu

plus idk what the arm port of wine looks like today but the last time i'd tried it (e: tbf, about 3 years ago i guess, so it could be in far better shape by now) it could barely play winesweeper, and that's a winelib app lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 18, 2024

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Beeftweeter posted:

if their platforms really are a mix of x86 and arm then they probably couldn't get steam's (almost entirely windows, x86) catalog to run on arm acceptably using presumably qemu

plus idk what the arm port of wine looks like today but the last time i'd tried it (e: tbf, about 3 years ago i guess, so it could be in far better shape by now) it could barely play winesweeper, and that's a winelib app lol

I think it's more that Witcher 3 kept casting Igni in real life.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

gschmidl posted:

Also from Electrek:
narrowly avoided paradox in console gaming

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beeftweeter posted:

i really wonder how sales are doing in the region but iirc tesla doesn't break down their sales stats per country

assoc of car importers in dk say tesla went from 6k to 4k new car registrations yoy jan-apr*

https://www.bilimp.dk/Nyregistreringer/

* weird duration to choose but whatever

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
elon musk directly attacks his adoptive homeland (canada) https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/space-debris-farm-field-1.7204312

quote:

Chunk of space debris lands in Sask. farm field

A group of astronomy professors heard about the case and, after agreeing that it was space debris, decided to try to figure out where it came from. Based on the date and location, they connected it to a rocket from private company SpaceX that flew back in February.

University of Regina astronomy professor Samantha Lawler, one of those working with Sawchuk, noted large chunks of metal from space have recently been found in Australia and Washington state, and one smashed through the roof on a house in Florida.

i found that via this quartz article that speculates further that it's from the dragon capsule since that's already happened a few times

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the cybertrvkkk has already been perfected and grok can handle manufacturing now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carthag Tuek posted:

assoc of car importers in dk say tesla went from 6k to 4k new car registrations yoy jan-apr*

I'm guessing in Denmark they have the same reasons for comparing "the portion of this year which has passed" against "the same period last year" due to seasonal changes in consumer habits in a place like Denmark. But that's my guess, I'm not an expert here or anything.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

how are they still registering new cars without plates? or does it not work that way there

because here afaik one would kinda be impossible without the other, temporary tags are strictly temporary

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
idk why cybertruck needed a head of manufacturing when elon knows more about manufacturing than probably anyone else

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Plank Walker posted:

idk why cybertruck needed a head of manufacturing when elon knows more about manufacturing than probably anyone else

there's an approximately 100% chance this was the reasoning for elon firing the guy instead of every single example built being a hilariously bad complete piece of poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FAUXTON posted:

I'm guessing in Denmark they have the same reasons for comparing "the portion of this year which has passed" against "the same period last year" due to seasonal changes in consumer habits in a place like Denmark. But that's my guess, I'm not an expert here or anything.

oh sure its why i put yoy, just meant 4 months is an odd stretch

Beeftweeter posted:

how are they still registering new cars without plates? or does it not work that way there

because here afaik one would kinda be impossible without the other, temporary tags are strictly temporary

the shop strike is in sweden. iirc it's only dockworkers who are doing sympathy actions in dk, specifically so they can't ship to cph and move them over the øresund bridge. there arent any tesla-exclusive shops in dk afaik so danish teslas can get plates as normal. not sure how dealer lates work exactly but you def cant drive them for more than like a month at most

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carthag Tuek posted:

idk if they have a way of comparing may yoy halfway through may

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FAUXTON posted:

i world just have expected like q1 or something. but yeah maybe im june well get jan-may?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carthag Tuek posted:

i world just have expected like q1 or something. but yeah maybe im june well get jan-may?

yeah probably

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

rotor posted:

is there a place i can go to pay $X an hour to play with excavators and bulldozers and poo poo? Just like a half acre sandbox with some heavy equipment in there. If there is, why isnt there one closer to me?

there's one in vegas.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

the shop strike is in sweden. iirc it's only dockworkers who are doing sympathy actions in dk, specifically so they can't ship to cph and move them over the øresund bridge. there arent any tesla-exclusive shops in dk afaik so danish teslas can get plates as normal. not sure how dealer lates work exactly but you def cant drive them for more than like a month at most

huh, i guess there's a level of uhh localized internationality (lol) that i didn't really consider. i think the part i'm confused about is, why do they need to ship to CPH (copenhagen airport, presumably) to go over the øresund?

like, if dk dockworkers are doing a sympathy strike (so maritime shipping is not an option) and they can't get them to the airport (so same wrt air cargo), could they not just load up some car carrier trucks and then go over the bridge? or is that basically what they're doing

because tbh if the strike actions had ground tesla sales and deliveries to a halt, considering they started last november i'd expect the numbers to be worse than they are. moving thousands of units in some fairly small countries still seems like they're doing ok, and that's bad lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

yoylow

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Beeftweeter posted:

nah they just cost over $100,000. anyone buying one is, by almost any definition, rich. wealth very obviously does not directly translate into intelligence

i thought we decided yesterday that lamar guy probably went huge into debt buying the cybertruck and that's why he is (1) offering $750 birthday party rides and (2) going ballistic that the truck is off the road (the payment's coming up and this month he hasn't made ANYTHING!!)

like buying a very expensive car on an insane loan term and interest rate is shockingly common in the usa and not at all exclusive to tesla. see all those horrifying tiktoks going around with some caked-on-makeup texas housemom talking about her $65,000 tahoe and her husband's $72,000 silverado

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 18, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
also im remembering years ago a goon in ai who bought a model s when that was the only car tesla made and it was 100k+, and he was going to drive uber in it with the idea that he would get huge tips and pay it off because people would think his car was so luxe and cool, and he lived in a 1br without a garage and charged it over 110v by dangling an extension cord out his window. lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
He said in that last video that was posted that tesla offered to refund him the full price of the truck but he didn't want it.

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sagebrush posted:

i thought we decided yesterday that lamar guy probably went huge into debt buying the cybertruck and that's why he is (1) offering $750 birthday party rides and (2) going ballistic that the truck is off the road (the payment's coming up and this month he hasn't made ANYTHING!!)

like buying a very expensive car on an insane loan term and interest rate is shockingly common in the usa and not at all exclusive to tesla. see all those horrifying tiktoks going around with some caked-on-makeup texas housemom talking about her $65,000 tahoe and her husband's $72,000 silverado

yeah, i mean, i did say anyone buying one is unquestionably rich, and yeah there's undoubtedly at least a couple hundred people that went into debt buying that garbage

but afaict, tesla doesn't offer leases on the cybertruck, so lamar would had to have bought it outright. the least expensive model actually available is $79,990, excluding tax (the $60,990 model has no release date and probably never will). so even if you're just getting the base model, either way it's pretty goddamn expensive and absolutely not worth the money

iirc lamar has the $100k "cyberbeast", and it's certainly possible he got a loan to cover the purchase price, but tbh we don't know. that's just (very funny) speculation, but i don't think we realized leases weren't available

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Salt Fish posted:

He said in that last video that was posted that tesla offered to refund him the full price of the truck but he didn't want it.

lol

absolutely off the charts levels of "love the truck, though"

either that or unyielding belief in his stupid rear end business model lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sagebrush posted:

also im remembering years ago a goon in ai who bought a model s when that was the only car tesla made and it was 100k+, and he was going to drive uber in it with the idea that he would get huge tips and pay it off because people would think his car was so luxe and cool, and he lived in a 1br without a garage and charged it over 110v by dangling an extension cord out his window. lol

https://youtu.be/xVVqlm8Fq3Y?si=bQUeLgnnKeQOdaDe

I mean maybe they were/are in Texas but I'm definitely thinking that's Calibrains because Texas wasn't quite there yet at the time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

iirc lamar has the $100k "cyberbeast", and it's certainly possible he got a loan to cover the purchase price, but tbh we don't know. that's just (very funny) speculation, but i don't think we realized leases weren't available

it's called financing beefy

every car company offers it and it's how people making 54,000 a year are driving around 75,000 dollar trucks that they will eventually spend 150,000 on

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sagebrush posted:

every car company offers it and it's how people making 54,000 a year are driving around 75,000 dollar trucks that they will eventually spend 150,000 on

god bless the military

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

and he lived in a 1br without a garage and charged it over 110v by dangling an extension cord out his window. lol

one more data point to my argument that charging your (ph)ev is possible without investing in a fancy special purpose charging station

:smug:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tesseraction posted:

the only time I will give our horrible governmental system its due is that Elizabeth (pbuh)'s dad actively sought the dissolution of the empire after travelling overseas and realising it was just as bad as the nazis he saw our country fight
Myself, I'd give more credit to the revolutionaries who said "get the gently caress out of here", notably the Indian independence movement.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
big respect to the Hapsburgs for their work in decolonialization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sagebrush posted:

i know what financing is :rolleyes:

tesla doesn't offer it on the cybertruck and there aren't any dealerships to do it individually. look at the pages for the other models, the default option and pricing is actually for leasing them, before you can even see the sticker price