Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I guess I’ll wait two years for a sale like I did for psvr1, then the games will be $20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Eurogamer article really amped up my hype levels for this thing. Very much sounds like what I personally want in a VR HMD

I hope it works on PC so I can just get rid of my rift S

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Arizona Sunshine Deluxe Edition is on sale for 9€. Yes/No?
I read it was short but I don't mind that, VR games don't have to be super long. But is it a good game?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

That Eurogamer article really amped up my hype levels for this thing. Very much sounds like what I personally want in a VR HMD

I hope it works on PC so I can just get rid of my rift S

If people could get the PSVR headset working on PC, I doubt it'd be long before someone gets the PSVR2 working.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, not sure whether you get the foveated rendering to work on PC as it would need very specific coordination between headset and grfx card, but the basic functionality should work.

However, this all sounds more and more like the price tag might really hurt. Wouldn't be surprised to see over 400€ at this point.
But I'd pay 500 easy. If this come out I trust Sony to have longterm support in terms of games and if the community can get it to work on PC....

Fever dream option:... or Sony actually releases PC drivers down the road now that they started releasing games as well, this might be the best headset to get for sure.

Especially since Valves is way too expensive and dependent on a beefy grfx card and PC.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 19, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The rendering part of foveated rendering isn't that hard, drawing a portion of the screen at full quality and the rest at reduced quality is well-understood. A lot of VR already works like that, it just can't update the region based on your eye position so it concentrates the quality in the center of the view by default (I think the PS4 Pro could do this). The thing holding it back is hardware manufacturers going to the trouble of building the sensors into their headsets, once you plug an eye-tracking-capable headset into a PC game support shouldn't be far behind

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hopper posted:

Fever dream option:... or Sony actually releases PC drivers down the road now that they started releasing games as well, this might be the best headset to get for sure.

:pray: It's just possible enough that I don't feel silly for hoping for official PC support. After data miners found evidence of a Sony launcher in Spider-Man, nothing seems out of the question.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hopper posted:

Arizona Sunshine Deluxe Edition is on sale for 9€. Yes/No?
I read it was short but I don't mind that, VR games don't have to be super long. But is it a good game?

AS is fun but far from amazing. The basics of zombie blasting are done pretty well, but the game kind of never really does anything super interesting with it. Never played the DLC though, just the base game.

If you have an Aim controller it does have Aim-exclusive guns I guess, which is kind of a plus.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No Aim Controller, so I'll pass I guess.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hopper posted:

No Aim Controller, so I'll pass I guess.

Aim was announced almost 2 years after PSVR got unveiled tho

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
and it is still 70€...expensive piece of tech that.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

No one is going to target an Aim controller-like accessory, it limits inputs to the point where it would require a whole lot of reworking for anything that is designed for 2 VR controllers.

Just get a protube or something once adapters come out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5L9Mvh7tAk

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I would like to preorder the RE8 VR machine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PSVR 2 thread

I'll leave this one open since they're effectively two different platforms at this point, but there probably isn't going to be a lot of activity here now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Finally got Ace Combat 7, it's been on sale a million times and I never got it before for some reason. Bit slim on VR content but flying through clouds with the droplets on the canopy :swoon:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Stare-Out posted:

Finally got Ace Combat 7, it's been on sale a million times and I never got it before for some reason. Bit slim on VR content but flying through clouds with the droplets on the canopy :swoon:

If you've got access to a PC VR setup Project Wingman is fully playable in VR and scratches some of the same itch. Sadly no dancing with the angels but you can't have everything.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Stare-Out posted:

If you don’t already have it get Star Wars Squadrons too

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also Wipeout for the "This is insane" PSVR trifecta

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Squadrons is insane and I hope it gets a VR2 port. But that's a given I guess, as it should be easy to port the oc version for inside out trackign headsets over. Plus EA loves money.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've nearly platinumed Wipeout and played Squadrons last year, which I liked even though I'm not super into Star Wars.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hopper posted:

Squadrons is insane and I hope it gets a VR2 port. But that's a given I guess, as it should be easy to port the oc version for inside out trackign headsets over. Plus EA loves money.

It's possible but very unlikely. That was definitely a one and done for EA. A shame too because while it wasn't perfect it was a HUGE breath of fresh air and scratched an itch few games do. Basically a game that made the dream of every 80's kid come true. The first time it loaded a mission and I looked around and saw X-wings and poo poo flying in formation around me and TIES whizzed by I felt like a kid again.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's possible but very unlikely. That was definitely a one and done for EA. A shame too because while it wasn't perfect it was a HUGE breath of fresh air and scratched an itch few games do. Basically a game that made the dream of every 80's kid come true. The first time it loaded a mission and I looked around and saw X-wings and poo poo flying in formation around me and TIES whizzed by I felt like a kid again.

I'm also hopeful but not optimistic. I read that EA made this as an 'apology' game for the Battlefront 2 fiasco, like a way to make it up to the fans. I think the fact that it's not a GaaS doomed it to a very small window of support. Was great fun when you could find a match with people of comparable skill level.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So much of it is up to Sony too, how much money are they willing to throw at devs to have a PSVR 2 mode for a game. We know Capcom is always on board for that stuff but EA? Probably comes down to PSVR 2 adoption rates in the end.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Functionally it should be easy to port PC VR titles to Playstation when VR2 is closer to PC headsets. No more camera, no more move controllers. We might get an influx of PC or oculus games on PS.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7pm Mountain Time, Ill be dancing my rear end off to the Beat Saber Lizzo pack live on twitch, check it out.

https://twitch.tv/x_jakk

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Hopper posted:

Functionally it should be easy to port PC VR titles to Playstation when VR2 is closer to PC headsets. No more camera, no more move controllers. We might get an influx of PC or oculus games on PS.

Seeing how they got the OG PSVR to work perfectly fine as a PC headset, I'm thinking/hoping it will be trivial to get PSVR2 working as well.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That too. Can't wait to use the headset on PC.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/playstation-vr2-launches-in-february-at-549-99/

Feb. 22, 2022. $549.99 or $600 for the Horizon bundle.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

loving OOF. Guess I was off on my 399 estimate. 600 euros is no joke.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/1...squad-and-more/

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

For those who want to buy, registration to pre-order at PS Direct is now available:

Register for an exclusive invite to pre-order PS VR2
If selected, we will contact you via email with details.

PS5 Console required. Terms and Conditions apply.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/register-to-pre-order/

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can't wait to spend like $700 CAD, ohhhh boy.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I'll probably try to snag one right away although I'm not sure if I've seen any Day 1 games that I want. If the No Man Sky update is out by then I'll probably get lost in there for a bit.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Registered for the preorder but idk if I'll pull the trigger. I'm not really interested in paying that price for a bunch of ports of cheap looking gimmicky games. HL Alyx or a multiplayer shooter like Firewall or an Astro Bot port/sequel would've hooked me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Guys there's a PSVR 2 thread :ssh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Wow, I was firmly in the expecting 500€ camp but 600 is hard to stomach to be honest. But I'll buy it anyway I guess, don't want it to end up like the graphics card thing again, where you can't get it for 2 years and then end up paying above msrp

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Because it's a fully new thing with no cross-compatibility. I left this one open in case there were PSVR 1 owners who still wanted to talk about PSVR 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I probably have less than 50 hours on my psvr that I’ve had for six years and yet I registered to try to buy one of these. What is wrong with me.