Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
love to have a triple threat end in a no contest, two days after the other company runs a huge ppv with a title match entirely based around triple threats always being no-dq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah it was a pretty good match, too. Seems there could have been a better way to get everyone in to the match, but eh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So this Candice/Poppy thing is leading to an Io/Sarray tag team, right? Because Candice and Indi beating up Zoey/Zayda tonight and likely confronting Poppy next week seems like a way to have Sarray and Io find common ground and get a tag title shot at Takeover (probably with Sarray/Io winning, because they really need to start pushing forward on this InDex storyline, and losing the tag titles is the way to go for it).

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it looked like ember actually laid a shot on raquel ?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

People shouldn't complain about Poppy again after this "performance"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So is The Diamond Mine basically WWE's (attempted) answer to Bloodsport?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmPyA_3DWs

And didn't they already try to do an answer to Bloodsport with RAW Underground?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'm just wondering why they should worry about a GCW worked shoot special event done in a parking lot

edit: not denigrating bloodsport, i bought the drat thing to watch it - but why would WWE even have this on their radar

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kunabomber posted:

I'm just wondering why they should worry about a GCW worked shoot special event done in a parking lot

edit: not denigrating bloodsport, i bought the drat thing to watch it - but why would WWE even have this on their radar

If it's the impetus for anything, I'd imagine it's because Bloodsport kind of gets a good bit of attention from diehards and is usually received well. So of course they'd want to try and do the same thing but make it extremely watered down and weird to the point of removing any actual similarities between the two things.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
that baxter guys music is such a shameless bulls on parade rip jesus lol

whats with the 17776 style charging battery promos ?

thatcher with the popcorn and austin knocking on regals door was hilarious

good to hear it looks like all the fake noise is gone except for 'kushida' since the audience was dead fish for his match. and good to hear folks get booed

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ganso Bomb posted:

So is The Diamond Mine basically WWE's (attempted) answer to Bloodsport?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmPyA_3DWs

And didn't they already try to do an answer to Bloodsport with RAW Underground?

I had just assumed that this would be either a Tough Enough kind of deal or would be the actual developmental brand for people not ready for NXT TV.

Joke’s on me for thinking WWE wouldn’t try doing worked shoot fights for a second time in 12 months.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dacap posted:

I had just assumed that this would be either a Tough Enough kind of deal or would be the actual developmental brand for people not ready for NXT TV.

Joke’s on me for thinking WWE wouldn’t try doing worked shoot fights for a second time in 12 months.

Kunabomber posted:

Possible reason is that they really want to push Karrion, and he's very good at the worked shoot style.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Franky's entrance music is so cool and does not fit her at all

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i thought this weeks nxt was p good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I just caught it now, I enjoyed it. Lots of good matches, mostly new feuds starting and I'm not tired of Cole and O'Riley yet. Samoa Joe really adds a nice element to everything.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the whole production also seems a lot tighter and smoother the past 3 weeks, even with the 10 minute grace. it's got a good flow as of late

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The fact they ditched the video fans is a big help. Even if I think Florida perpetually trying to make Adam Cole the top face is weird.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rick posted:

The fact they ditched the video fans is a big help.

OH. yeah. and there were only two piped-in chants this week as opposed to like 40. and kross got 'you suck' 'd

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oof Xia Li just knocked Mercedes out cold

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I hope Mercedes is okay. It looks like she was legit KOed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rick posted:

The fact they ditched the video fans is a big help. Even if I think Florida perpetually trying to make Adam Cole the top face is weird.

They've apparently had to bribe the fans to be louder.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1410047510924640261

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1410047337049866244

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

They've apparently had to bribe the fans to be louder.

thats a normal thing they say to pump the crowd up since nxt started

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

thats a normal thing they say to pump the crowd up since nxt started

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status/1410025295286091780?s=21

This thing? I've never heard of them doing this before but maybe they have.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Did no one tell Xia Li she's not supposed to hit them for real?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It’s a thing that J Borash used to do at TNA takings

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sarray just went into Regal's office, and very politely asked him for a match against Toni Storm. The politeist little murder machine. :3:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The kick was a great sell but she's fine she didn't shoot kick her.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

blind? or..

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

blind? or..

It's not real my friend, she's fine it was just a good sell of the kick look how she protects herself on the bump.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmao no one takes a header right into the ground without putting their hands up. that looked just like the time jinder knocked out finn balor and he took a header just like that

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's not real my friend, she's fine it was just a good sell of the kick look how she protects herself on the bump.

yeah man, breaks her fall with her forehead which snaps her head up violently on impact

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my man just wants the quotes and interaction i guess i can't hate

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

Oof Xia Li just knocked Mercedes out cold

Xia nailed her twice that match. The lady can kick I'll give her that

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe let them slap their thighs again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm sure the AEWBotches twitter account will be all over this

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

I'm sure the AEWBotches twitter account will be all over this

clearly this is nagging injuries from her time in AEW, just happened to flare up again, had nothing to do with the perfectly worked kick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

my man just wants the quotes and interaction i guess i can't hate

he's trying to get enough engagement so he'll get advertising offers

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
they pay EMF to be controversial

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The teens call it content