Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Son of Man posted:

Yeah I think you're right that's my bad for going by the Wikipedia page

Tony Atlas says he saw Brody go into the shower, heard him get stabbed and then was there as he fell back. He couldn't see the knife go in, but he was there in the locker room. He saw or heard the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I think this might be conflated with the ambulance taking forever to get to Brody because of the crowds?

For whatever it's worth I picked that up from the Von Erich series the Lapsed Fan did since they took some time out just for the Brody murder. I want to say it's something Tony Atlas found out later that made him feel extra guilty for not staying with Brody in the hospital.

At this point there's no telling but it just gives me this insanely gross feeling to imagine that actually happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

For whatever it's worth I picked that up from the Von Erich series the Lapsed Fan did since they took some time out just for the Brody murder. I want to say it's something Tony Atlas found out later that made him feel extra guilty for not staying with Brody in the hospital.

At this point there's no telling but it just gives me this insanely gross feeling to imagine that actually happening.

It's possible, I legit could not finish the Tony Atlas interviews on the subject. I should be I can't. I feel like by the time he got to the hospital it was too late though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah this one I have to think real hard on. I'm leaning Mel but...god

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
gently caress, where's the tie button

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat this is a close one but I went with Mel.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Fuuuck this one's hard. Both dudes are horrific pedophiles. There's no way I can make a value judgement here but I don't want to coin flip it either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mel/Grizzly voting currently standing at 51/49 :stare:

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
I would not at all be stunned if this is the tightest vote in the whole thing. gently caress, I have no idea how I feel about this one.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

unimportantguy posted:

Fuuuck this one's hard. Both dudes are horrific pedophiles. There's no way I can make a value judgement here but I don't want to coin flip it either.

I felt the same way and just opted not to vote.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I voted Phillips entirely on the grounds that it's a WWE-specific tournament and his awfulness is much more WWE-specific than Grizzly's.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I voted Phillips because he'd be in the Hall of Fame if not for the fact that he was a lovely announcer.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Voted Mel because we do. not. know. why Vince didn't violently fire him out of the airlock at the first sign of trouble (to save face if NOTHING else) and I get the feeling whatever it is, it isn't something that's going to endear us to Mel here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Voted Mel because we do. not. know. why Vince didn't violently fire him out of the airlock at the first sign of trouble (to save face if NOTHING else) and I get the feeling whatever it is, it isn't something that's going to endear us to Mel here.

We know why, because he was grooming children for management.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok so yeah, why would Vince want that around unless he was a beneficiary? Which is an avenue about Vince we haven't explored.
Also: Holy poo poo how many child fuckers were in this organization?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

WWF is a child molester front wrestling second

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

WWF is a child molester front wrestling second

Might be too generous

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/HulkaMatt/status/1213289148724985856

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
thats a loving final 4 (should be 5 and include Grizzley) These are going to be painful to vote for

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think Vince will beat out Benoit with the argument that Vince set the conditions that allowed the Benoit incident to happen in the first place (and also allowed him to thrive whilst he was still alive). I couldn't call Mel or Buck though, and I could actually see either of them beating Vince.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Mel was only able to do what he did because of the position Vince allowed him to hold.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I think Vince will beat out Benoit with the argument that Vince set the conditions that allowed the Benoit incident to happen in the first place (and also allowed him to thrive whilst he was still alive). I couldn't call Mel or Buck though, and I could actually see either of them beating Vince.

every time i see this i feel like it needs reminding and reinforcing that chris was physically abusive toward nancy for years leading up to the murders. it wasn't "out of the blue".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

every time i see this i feel like it needs reminding and reinforcing that chris was physically abusive toward nancy for years leading up to the murders. it wasn't "out of the blue".

Oh, I know, I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't a terrible person to begin with. I guess my thinking was that WWE helped foster that by rewarding him as a locker room leader or whatever.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I recall Atlas mentioning that the doctors initially thought the stab wound wasn't too bad till they got in there and realized a major artery or his liver had been hit. Brody had already lost a ton of blood by the time he got to the hospital due to the delays with the ambulance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1213995876315795456

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i try to think about it but you can't really vote against vince mcmahon in the end. well, you can, and make fine arguments and so on. But he's going to win and then be put in the HoF like all of these

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I see a McMahon, I vote for a McMahon (and Barack Obama).

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I voted Vince because Chris Benoit never employed the service of multiple human traffickers
Or tried loving with a Saudi Prince on his home turf and left 80% of his employees to deal with the aftermath.
Or fanned the flames of this loving lovely global warfare crisis we're barreling towards.
Or publicly made veiled attempts to break up two of his employees because he wanted to gently caress one of them.
Or refuses to legally employ people who bleed and die for him for pennies on the dollar.
Or used his position of power to force a person to do a dumb stunt that got him killed.
Or bankrolled the campaign of the worst President in US History.

In order to be Vince McMahon you have to wake up every god drat day and ask yourself "How can I make the world a shittier place for my own benefit?"
And at least Chris Benoit killed Chris Benoit.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Vince is a monster.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Or bankrolled the campaign of the worst President in US History.

Vince bankrolled the 1856 campaign of James Buchanan?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Vince bankrolled the 1856 campaign of James Buchanan?

Hell, maybe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would be real interested to know how a Moolah/Benoit vote would have gone

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ChrisBTY posted:

Or publicly made veiled attempts to break up two of his employees because he wanted to gently caress one of them.

What was this?

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Lana/Rusev I believe? He's been repeatedly doing it for years, and Lana is Vince's 'type' - Tall, Blonde.

Would not be surprised if there was latent racism with Rusev too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Funny thing is, that’s what I would have guessed, but I also thought maybe they were still being punished for announcing their engagement and marriage on social media years ago.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benoit is dead and presumably in hell, while Vince has never suffered any consequences for his many crimes, so Vince takes it for me.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Benoit is dead and presumably in hell, while Vince has never suffered any consequences for his many crimes, so Vince takes it for me.

So you're saying he's not up there

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

NameHurtBrain posted:

Lana/Rusev I believe? He's been repeatedly doing it for years, and Lana is Vince's 'type' - Tall, Blonde.

Would not be surprised if there was latent racism with Rusev too.

Isn't Rusev white?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fatherofmustard posted:

Isn't Rusev white?

Bulgaria is the far end of Eastern Europe, and Eastern Europe has historically has been subjected to racism from Western Europe et. al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

fatherofmustard posted:

Isn't Rusev white?

He's from Eastern Europe, plenty of racism against them.