Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Shinmera posted:

Chapter 6 Page 3
This was the hardest page to write for me. Having no self confidence, figuring out what's there to like about me was tough.

i was wondering if this was autobiographical but i didn't want to pry. it's neat storytelling and well-composed, either way.

day 19:

- started the 250 box challenge. struggled with perspective on drawing the internal connecting lines of the box.
- did love life drawing day 9, which was off-balance poses, and also struggled with that.

was kind of busy with other stuff today - some days you just do the seat time to check off the calendar box and today was one of those days. the regularity bears fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Southern Cassowary posted:

i was wondering if this was autobiographical but i didn't want to pry. it's neat storytelling and well-composed, either way.

It'll be explained more in the postscript, but it's only autobiographical in the sense that Yukari is a self-insert.

Chapter 6 Page 4

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

amazing poo poo on the last couple pages! drat

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 6 Page 5

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Shinmera posted:

It'll be explained more in the postscript, but it's only autobiographical in the sense that Yukari is a self-insert.

aha, gotcha

day 20:
- more boxes. i realized what i was doing wrong with the back corner and they look a little better today.
- more leaning gesture, some improvement.
- the last section of the love life drawing fresh eyes course is just a free day with more complex poses, so i took a crack at one of those trying to be a little more free and using the "side" of the pencil brush i've been using.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 6 Page 6

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Chapter 6 Page 7

Chapter 6 Page 8 (Chapter Gap)

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 11, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Fawks

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
Underdrawing for some painting

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

cumpantry fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 13, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol theres something cute about the subtle warriorcats features in its face. good colors

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

cumpantry posted:

lol theres something cute about the subtle warriorcats features in its face. good colors

Thanks! it came out kinda wonky but I decided I didn't care, lmao

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
Oh, just as a heads up for people, images from Discord expire in a couple of days, so be careful about using that platform as an image host.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i like this, the face is cool and it has a painterly vibe i like

day 21:
- more boxes
- finished fresh eyes at love life drawing

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
doodlin capybaras

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

CantDecideOnAName posted:

Oh, just as a heads up for people, images from Discord expire in a couple of days, so be careful about using that platform as an image host.

:cheers:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 22:
- boxes 16-20. starting to get easier to visualize the lines as they head toward the vanishing point. starting to see the value in grinding this out.
- did a gesture drawing session to test how much observation progress doing fresh eyes at love life drawing got me and it was WAY easier seeing certain figure forms i struggled with before. linked my favorite pose from the session.

going to do a free piece later but need to go make dinner.

a friend and i are both eyeballing marc brunet's art school. i do really well learning creatively with structure and i think i'd benefit from having a year and change of weekly and daily assignments as well as organized, progressive instruction. 300 bucks is a fair chunk of change but i think it might be worth it.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 23

was really happy with the painting i did last night, couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag today. boxes 21-24 looked worse than the previous ten and i did a ten minute gesture drawing session that was a struggle. happy i checked the box off, mostly.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

These are all cool.

Instead of staying consistent, I didn't make anything for two weeks straight. Going to try this again.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Flambeau posted:

These are all cool.

Instead of staying consistent, I didn't make anything for two weeks straight. Going to try this again.

i appreciate it. your piece making me miss watercolors. maybe ill pick up some cheap crayola knock off set

hell fugging yea

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

cumpantry posted:

hell fugging yea

There is another on the last post of page 36 if you missed it

I'm trying to do a bit of Memphis/Kandinsky/Harring and am honestly quite happy with the results

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Love the depth on this one

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

day 24

- i acquired a copy of brunet's art course and spent like 2 hours watching how the eye works and how photoshop works. start assignments tomorrow.
- boxes 25-28
- gesture drawing session. was kind of off.
- wanted to try clothing so i found some reference of a woman in a drop arm tank top. you can see where i was at the end of messing around with this

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Jestery posted:

There is another on the last post of page 36 if you missed it

I'm trying to do a bit of Memphis/Kandinsky/Harring and am honestly quite happy with the results

i flipped thru your posts & your piece here

sick as fug

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

cumpantry posted:

i flipped thru your posts & your piece here

sick as fug

Ohhhh I like this

I like this a lot

I might do a chromatic version at some point

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:frogon:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I finally got back to my sheep shenanigans....

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Had a quick crack

Nothing serious and I'll keep at it, but I really like it