Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

there's a seattle funded tiny home project right near my apartment, I've never seen a human being actually living in one of those so they're either worse than just being unhoused or it's a cover for an organ harvesting scheme or something. I've seen larger garden sheds, but at least they have A/C. (lucky duckies!!!!!)

san francisco opened a temporary homeless shelter of tiny homes in a former parking lot last month, it's temporary because an affordable housing apartment building is being built on the site with groundbreaking on that in 2 years. they seem ok i guess

there's also a bunch of storage units on site but those are shared by three units each. residents can enter and leave 24 hours a day but they have to sign in and out, pets allowed and they're not required to be sober which are usually two barriers in other shelters. the bathrooms are communal outside of the units and there's no kitchen on-site though a catered breakfast and dinner are brought every day.

so there's some things that would be annoying but it seems like it is full and filled up in about 2 weeks after opening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

trump is a terrible business person because he has yet to realize the potential of buying a motorcycle company and branding it "Trumph"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this plus a place to shower in la jolla and I'd have a snowbird home

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hatebag posted:

a couple different r-values are of interest re: tiny homes

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i would not describe taylor swifts music as raw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

i would not describe taylor swifts music as raw

it looks like youve only ever dated good cooks, because that entire meal was boiled

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Have some vintage LF

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

What if we stacked a bunch of tiny houses on top of each other in some sort of complex, maybe with shared plumbing and electricity? I dunno, maybe this could take off?

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

BonHair posted:

What if we stacked a bunch of tiny houses on top of each other in some sort of complex, maybe with shared plumbing and electricity? I dunno, maybe this could take off?

If you want it to take off, you'll have to put some rockets or big propellers on it, which will increase the cost significantly

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

BonHair posted:

AHHHHH THOU SHALT NOT SHARE A WALL WITH THY NEIGHBOR OTHERWISE YOU ARE DAMNED (poor) AND GOING TO HELL (the city) SHARING WALLS IS FOR DEMONS (brown people)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

lol they got him at his birthday party

https://www.rawstory.com/partygoers-started-screaming-giuliani-served-with-indictment-during-his-birthday-party-2668307572/

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/ThemeParksScran/status/1791490663529300075?t=ZvoKcm7eT0bFMVWAUy9qdA&s=19

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://x.com/benkesslen/status/1791842304950493642

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Her weight has since dropped to a string-cheese-slim 123 pounds, in part aided by Ozempic prescribed to deal with her diabetes risk, she said.

Lmao

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

“My mom said, ‘You’re not well, you’re not okay. . . . you need to go away for a while,’” she said of the family intervention that saved her.

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/briandsweeney/status/1791871363978023058

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Her weight has since dropped to a string-cheese-slim 123 pounds, in part aided by Ozempic prescribed to deal with her diabetes risk, she said.

Lmao

I think it was the cheese

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

lmao

Tons of butt hurt GOP trash in that article. I loving love it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

quote:

“I stopped by either Morton Williams or by Whole Foods and I would just buy cheese, and I would literally just eat a block of cheese with my hands,” said Cojab, 27, often while sitting on the floor of her Midtown apartment alone in the dark.

“It was the only thing that would make me feel somewhat whole.”

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hey lady, try olives instead.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Nazi cheese addicts

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

uber_stoat posted:

hey lady, try olives instead.
the cheese rehab clinic gives you some fancy olives in a paper cup 3x day

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
cheese is good as hell, tbqh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

cheese is good as hell, tbqh

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

"HOMER! Did you stay up all night eating cheese?"

"I think I'm blind... to the plight of the Palestinian people"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sadly, that's probably true.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

“My mom said, ‘You’re not well, you’re not okay. . . . you need to go away for a while,’” she said of the family intervention that saved her.

is her mom a cspam mod

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
im a ten year old girl i dont think a thirty year old man should be inside any part of me

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
saffron herndon