Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's all worth it for the final big reveal, i'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I still haven’t watched the new Jenny opus but I love that it took longer to make than the hotel even existed for. It’s art.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:hellyeah:

lightishred
Aug 11, 2010
This Star Wars hotel sounds like a nightmare

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm somewhat curious about this video, but it doesn't take me four hours to fold laundry so I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to watch this.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Wash your sheets and towels

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ohHHHHHHHHHH i'm IMMERSING!!!!!!!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mozi posted:

it's all worth it for the final big reveal, i'm sure

Yeah right near the end she realises she actually just took like a bunch of acid and just spent the whole weekend in her room with the Star Wars Holiday on repeat, and just mistakenly thought she actually at the star wars hotel.

She does highly recommend doing that though, so I got my next weekend planned!!!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

If you wanted the adventure of smuggling luggage on board a ship, you didn't need to sign up for the star wars hotel. Just get on a rave cruise and hide molly in the lining of your bags.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
they should make a star trek hotel

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

There's a star trek cruise that happens about once a year and there was the star trek experience thing in las vegas that closed years ago.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
im not watching it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

They had one but the whole island went out of business

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Been watching that AppleTV show “Sugar”, and really digging it. Colin Ferrell is great and it has some pretty cool noir elements, love a good LA detective story.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Crescent Wrench posted:

I'm somewhat curious about this video, but it doesn't take me four hours to fold laundry so I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to watch this.

The best part so far is that they seated her behind a pole for the dinner show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

OK

so there is a super fortified bunker on the beach for some reason (they'd never build a bunker there and its in LA as well which is double dumb) and the apes built a break to stop the waves from coming up to the bunker door so they could open the doors. Well the human and apes go into the bunker and open the door and then blow up the break holding the water back and then the water floods the bunker and somehow goes up multiple floors? Yeah the water would go into the bunker but it would like maybe flood the first floor if that lol. Its dumb but there is other dumb poo poo in the movie so I can't get very worked up about it.

Haven't seen it but was it even a cool set piece? Doesn't sound like worth going through so many hoops just to get there.

Flooded bunker just sounds like a terrible fallout vault to explore because underwater activities in games is usually annoying. It's also just not somewhere I imagine would be cool for ape vs ape fight scenes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Haven't seen it but was it even a cool set piece? Doesn't sound like worth going through so many hoops just to get there.

Flooded bunker just sounds like a terrible fallout vault to explore because underwater activities in games is usually annoying. It's also just not somewhere I imagine would be cool for ape vs ape fight scenes.

It was ok but yeah kinda not worth the whole run around.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Lister posted:

There's a star trek cruise that happens about once a year and there was the star trek experience thing in las vegas that closed years ago.
Honestly the cheesy Quark’s Bar that they had there would be the best of a crappy situation if I was ever forced to spend time in god forsaken Vegas.

Not going to lie, some of this poo poo kinda sounds good:
http://uglycouchshow.com/quarks-bar-drinks/

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I only ever read good things about quark's bar. It's just that star trek was dead after Enterprise flopped and it couldn't survive in those dark years plus the great recession.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is a "Cardassian Cooler?" I just want a good old fashioned bottle of kanar.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is this how Quentin Tarantino became so powerful?

He said it enough times that counter had an overflow error and he was able to trigger an arbitrary code execution and keep his career

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

sweet geek swag posted:

The best part so far is that they seated her behind a pole for the dinner show.

Seated her behind one pole. When the performer moved from one end of the room to the other, she wound up behind another pole!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Omg ok Sugar kinda rules.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

He said it enough times that counter had an overflow error and he was able to trigger an arbitrary code execution and keep his career

Ah, I think this is what they call "based"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

priznat posted:

Omg ok Sugar kinda rules.

Quoting this so I remember to check it out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Jesus I just watched The Iron Claw. The performances are pretty good but goddamn, what a dick punch of a movie. There’s a scene near the end that felt tacked on that felt like it was only included because the movie is such a goddamned downer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Quoting this so I remember to check it out

The show is extremely my jam, it's wild. After the wet fart of Constellation AppleTV produced a banger

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol $6,600 for 2 people at the Star Wars hotel

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Jesus I just watched The Iron Claw. The performances are pretty good but goddamn, what a dick punch of a movie. There’s a scene near the end that felt tacked on that felt like it was only included because the movie is such a goddamned downer

I haven't seen it yet, but the Dark Side of the Ring episode on the Von Erichs was enough for me. A really unbelievable amount of tragedy stacked on top of one family.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lister posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but the Dark Side of the Ring episode on the Von Erichs was enough for me. A really unbelievable amount of tragedy stacked on top of one family.

Yeah. It doesn’t pull punches although it does a weird thing where it pretends wrestling isn’t scripted sometimes and sometimes it acknowledges that it is.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

A Disney exec signs off on production of an ad pitch where a girl sells out motherfucking Chewbacca to the space nazis while wearing her own little space nazi cap

He then calls up Central Casting says "get me your smuggest, most Veruca Salt looking girl in your whole goddamn roster!"

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lightishred posted:

This Star Wars hotel sounds like a nightmare

she recalls a strange new experience at the end of the 2nd day which sounds a lot like an anxiety attack

PostNouveau posted:

lol $6,600 for 2 people at the Star Wars hotel

6600 for a tiny windowless room full of lights you can't turn off. where the equivalent on a Disney Cruise gets you something like this

e: also no fire escapes so in a real emergency you're expected to hide in a 'shame closet' until help arrives

and they still make you pay for Disney+ lmao

Durf fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 19, 2024

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

I watched it when it was released, very good

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

sure okay posted:

A Disney exec signs off on production of an ad pitch where a girl sells out motherfucking Chewbacca to the space nazis while wearing her own little space nazi cap

He then calls up Central Casting says "get me your smuggest, most Veruca Salt looking girl in your whole goddamn roster!"

I like the luggage-driven plot

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I finally watched Ishtar. It wasn’t as bad as people of the era would have it, but it definitely seems like a weird misstep on everyone’s part. Why did Elaine May follow up Mikey & Nicky, a terrific film that leveraged her talents as a writer and director, with a big budget world trekking buddy comedy about some Mikey and Nicky style losers puttering around the desert, interfering in the Cold War? It seems like a droll joke about how dopey and jingoistic Hollywood action adventure films were getting in the 80s that got way out of hand and cost her her career as a director (also the joke didn’t entirely work). Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty were charisma black holes; the whole movie I kept thinking how much better it would have been with Falk and Cassevetes playing the leads, if for no other reason than at least I’d enjoy watching them act together.

Sort of makes me want to watch Deal of the Century by Friedkin, which sounds like a similar misstep about a similar subject.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

New content just dropped!!!

https://youtu.be/eVrYbKBrI7o

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Frank Frank posted:

They left out a whole entire dead brother so it should have been even worse.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
New content for real:
https://youtu.be/wym0UGR_xDo

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao at Jenny ratting out Chewbacca as he cowers behind a pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,