Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

I was really hoping that he'd keep them a little different. It'd be cool if Nagito's chakra cloak was made of flames,

Didn't she? It seemed that way when she fought Hidan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Scrree posted:

The issue I have with Naruto being the 4th's son (and yes, it was obvious from Kakashi's Gaiden on) is that the way it was handled is a great example of Naruto's problem with scope.

Naruto, as a manga, has been essentially growing in scope exponentially. From Naruto and Iruka in the beginning to Team 7 in the Zabuza arc to the rest of the Konoha Genin + Jounin in the Chunin Exam, each arc has brought with it a host of new characters. By the end of Part 1 the scope was pretty extensive, it went about two generations back (The Sannin trio being the oldest active characters) and had a slew of side characters spread about 3 different villages (if you counted Hidden Sound). This was all fine, except that the scope hasn't really ever stopped expanding, and eventually things have just gotten too big to be manageable.

It's really a lot like the Star Wars Expanded Universe. As more and more of the setting has been revealed it makes older characters feel less important and the whole world feel smaller and more constrained. In the current arc we're dealing with ancient prophecies from several hundred years ago and watching a flashback told by the zombie of the founder of Konoha - how insignificant does that make a character like Sai feel. The only way Kishimoto knows how to keep the main characters relevant in this huge pool of history is by lumping an ever increasing amount of plot significance on them. The Uchiha are a great example of this tactic.

What was once a [Family With A Bloodline] is now the [Direct Descendants of the Sixth Sage, the God of Ninja. Co-Founders of Konoha after losing a feud with their Equally Important Counterpoints the Senju clan. Genetic carriers of a Love-Powered Mental Disorder. Etc. Etc.]. Likewise the Sharingan has evolved a whole host of bullshit plot powers so that Sasuke can continue being important next to the plethora of Kage-level ninjas revealed during the last few arcs; when was the last time someone used the Sharingan to actually copy a Jutsu?

So i'm not bothered just because Naruto is the 4th's son. I'm bothered that he is the inheritor of the 4th's will, and his mother's will as the previous holder of the Nine-Tails, and Jiraiya's will, and Jiraiya's disciple's will, and Jiraiya's other disciple's will, and then finally the 4th's will again because Kakashi is the 4th's disciple! I'm annoyed that Sannin-student rivalry thing amounted to nothing because Sasuke overpowered Orochimaru at 16 and Sakura faded to irrelevance because she didn't have new powers and heritages heaped on top of her every other arc. I'm in-a-huff because the final antagonists ending up being some dude born 5 generations ago and some kid Kakashi knew that got crushed by rocks. I'm irritated that three-quarters of the way through the story it was blithely revealed that the loving moon was created by The Ninja God, who is both the creator of the Tailed Demons and Naruto and Sasuke's direct ancestor (actually this one is kind of funny).

I'm sorry to be such a curmudgeon. It's just that I've been rereading early Naruto and it makes me sad to see how far the story has deviated from the premise. There is some old official artwork, done for a cover or something, that has Naruto sneaking around in normal Chunin gear, and it disappoints me that that kind of scene never really happened.

I'm actually really enjoying reading this last arc (or else I wouldn't be here), but it's just like - it literally went from a zombie apocalypse to a Godzilla battle. It's just so over the top action, and that's okay, but I miss the time when being a Ninja was considered a job and when a major arc was about taking an exam.

It's not gonna stop expanding because Kishi won't stop writing. After Naruto wins the fourth ninja war there'll be another timeskip and then his kid will be kidnapped by the Black Ships and he'll have to go into space to save her. It turns out that the Elemental Countries are on a lost colony world from the Dark Age of Technology and that Fūinjutsu is the last hope to save the dying Imperium.

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 24, 2013

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

canned_fruit posted:

Maybe the Byakugan can also turn into Rinnegan if you give them Senju/Uzumaki DNA.

I am having to try really hard to not make some terrible jokes about Hinata getting the Rinnegan here. The best I can do is avoid making the jokes by pointing out the possibility for them to exist.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ActionZero posted:

I am having to try really hard to not make some terrible jokes about Hinata getting the Rinnegan here. The best I can do is avoid making the jokes by pointing out the possibility for them to exist.

Based on the last few chapters, Hinata will have some Uzumaki DNA in her before the end of this manga. :quagmire:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Terper posted:

Based on the last few chapters, Hinata will have some Uzumaki DNA in her before the end of this manga. :quagmire:

Yes...:thejoke:

Anyway, I don't mind how huge this manga has become from it's more humble beginnings because there was always a larger world being hinted at, and it's been revealed fairly slowly, rather than all at once. That, and the fact that the beginning was slower and gave us time to actually care about the core cast before branching out into this bigger world. Plus, most of the new characters and worlds and mythologies have been pretty neat and handled much better than all the crazy bullshit Bleach introduces and then forgets about a chapter later.

I suppose this might be because I read week to week and haven't gone back to re-read this series from the beginning. I wonder how I would feel if I started over.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Reinanigans posted:

Yes...:thejoke:

Anyway, I don't mind how huge this manga has become from it's more humble beginnings because there was always a larger world being hinted at, and it's been revealed fairly slowly, rather than all at once. That, and the fact that the beginning was slower and gave us time to actually care about the core cast before branching out into this bigger world. Plus, most of the new characters and worlds and mythologies have been pretty neat and handled much better than all the crazy bullshit Bleach introduces and then forgets about a chapter later.

I suppose this might be because I read week to week and haven't gone back to re-read this series from the beginning. I wonder how I would feel if I started over.

I mean that's kind of the problem. Week by week it's tough to notice, but when you look back at it and think, a lot of the major characters seem almost irrelevant. Sasori, Sai, Hidan etc.. All of them are so pathetic in the scope of things it is just a bit weird. He could have kept things a bit more relative.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

tbp posted:

I mean that's kind of the problem. Week by week it's tough to notice, but when you look back at it and think, a lot of the major characters seem almost irrelevant. Sasori, Sai, Hidan etc.. All of them are so pathetic in the scope of things it is just a bit weird. He could have kept things a bit more relative.

Are we talking about power creep here? Because from the very first chapter, we saw people could summon Godzilla sized frogs to gently caress poo poo up with, so a guy like Sasori, cool as he was, was never considered absolutely top tier in this ninja wizard world. I suppose having an immortal 100-man army at your disposal whenever you want is still pretty neat though.

I kind of like that about Naruto, too. Power creep is certainly a thing, don't get me wrong, but you don't need to be absolutely God-tier amazing to make it in the ninja world. Having a particularly unique ability is usually enough to keep you in the running. As opposed to again, Bleach, but especially Dragon Ball. By the end of that one, if you weren't a saiyan, you were essentially less than worthless.

I suppose that Kishimoto could have given some of these cool new powers to some of the older cast (Kiba, Tenten, Shino, Ino), but then that would be less characters for them to add into the video games/make merchandise of. I wonder how much of the new characters and sidelining of old characters has to do with Kishimoto's editors at SJ asking him to make new characters for merchandising purposes. I remember reading something to the effect of Kishimoto wanting to kill off Team Hebi (later Hawk), but the editors wouldn't let him because they wanted Sasuke to have his own team.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
Yeah I think all the side characters have been covered plenty for being exactly that, side characters. If you really feel the need to connect more to your favorite B character, grab one of the Ninja Storm games and setup all those Sai vs Sasori battles you always wanted to see.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Didn't she? It seemed that way when she fought Hidan.

That's just what Matabi looks like and she went full tailed beast form like Killer Bee does.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I quoted the wrong post. :sweatdrop: Well, whatever.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

Are we talking about power creep here? Because from the very first chapter, we saw people could summon Godzilla sized frogs to gently caress poo poo up with, so a guy like Sasori, cool as he was, was never considered absolutely top tier in this ninja wizard world. I suppose having an immortal 100-man army at your disposal whenever you want is still pretty neat though.

I kind of like that about Naruto, too. Power creep is certainly a thing, don't get me wrong, but you don't need to be absolutely God-tier amazing to make it in the ninja world. Having a particularly unique ability is usually enough to keep you in the running. As opposed to again, Bleach, but especially Dragon Ball. By the end of that one, if you weren't a saiyan, you were essentially less than worthless.

I suppose that Kishimoto could have given some of these cool new powers to some of the older cast (Kiba, Tenten, Shino, Ino), but then that would be less characters for them to add into the video games/make merchandise of. I wonder how much of the new characters and sidelining of old characters has to do with Kishimoto's editors at SJ asking him to make new characters for merchandising purposes. I remember reading something to the effect of Kishimoto wanting to kill off Team Hebi (later Hawk), but the editors wouldn't let him because they wanted Sasuke to have his own team.

Naruto falls into the same pit of bad shonen characterization that Bleach does (albeit not nearly as bad). The author introduced way too many characters and then cherry picked which ones got the cool fights, powerups, character development and panel time.

If the story had been Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke's journey (which it was setting up to be, originally), things like forgotten characters and power creep wouldn't be as jarring.

I don't mind having a manga take the serial perspective approach--in fact, I think it's one of the mediums that serial perspective works really well in--but the series kind of made a promise, early on, that the story was going to be about the three protagonists. That's why it feels so weird to look back at early Naruto and ask "what the gently caress happened?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh. The story is and has always been about Naruto and Sasuke's journey.

For a world this side characters are extremely necessary otherwise it makes no sense. That was one of the problems I had with early Naruto, besides the Sand there was no representation from any of the other villages.

The difference between Naruto and Bleach is almost every side character has had his own story arc during the course of the series. Pretty much down to the 3rd tier of characters with names all have a story that they have resolved in one way or another.

The main problem is that right now the stage is just to large for any of the Rookie 9 + Team Gai, who don't have a ability that isn't completely reliant on power(Shikamaru, Ino). The only one who power wise can even approach this level is Chouji and Lee(Gates).

Madara is literally someone who just soloed 5 Kage's just a bit ago. It would make no sense for them to suddenly have the power to fight at this level. Obito is able to freely move between dimensions and is pretty much invulnerable to damage.

The Problem with the side characters he made is that he made them very early on and their moveset when battles were still small scale, and didn't plan out how they would scale(not very well besides Chouji, and Lee(Gates)).

If you notice the people who got the cool fights are the people who can fight while not relying on power, or People with the power to fight on that level.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Black Zetsu was a portion of Madara's spirit/mind or something right? Anyone gone back to check to see if he said anything interesting with that information?

Thoren
May 28, 2008

The story is still about Sasuke and Naruto's journey (Seeya, Sakura!) but it jumps around in terms of perspective in order stuff all these characters into the plot. It doesn't really do the story any favors since all it does is make it glaringly obvious that the author is picking and choosing which characters get to keep up with the power creep and new bad guy developments. The result is a huge cast of characters that get the promise of development and panel time early in the story, but never receive it. Then you have new characters thought up by the author who get a bit too much panel time, and then they're dropped off to that lovely "insignificant side-protagonist" role.

A fictional universe doesn't have to reveal the entire world right away. It made sense not to do that early on in Naruto since they were just kids being trained. They had no idea what the world contained and neither did the reader. It was hinged closely to their experiences. And then when the Chuunin exam started, we started getting introduced to all these other characters, just like the protagonists were introduced to them. That's why that arc is still considered one of the best.

If the perspective had stuck with the Team 7 characters discovering these new places and meeting the characters, it would have worked fine.

What you're describing with the power creep leaving behind certain characters only shows how those characters have become a casualty of a story that tries to focus on too much. The whole moveset thing isn't limiting, they can always be expanded upon. Still, Kishimoto has to write down characters like Deidara, who could have just bombed the hell out of the entire war, or Madara, who could be launching meteors onto the army right now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thoren posted:

The story is still about Sasuke and Naruto's journey (Seeya, Sakura!) but it jumps around in terms of perspective in order stuff all these characters into the plot. It doesn't really do the story any favors since all it does is make it glaringly obvious that the author is picking and choosing which characters get to keep up with the power creep and new bad guy developments. The result is a huge cast of characters that get the promise of development and panel time early in the story, but never receive it. Then you have new characters thought up by the author who get a bit too much panel time, and then they're dropped off to that lovely "insignificant side-protagonist" role.

A fictional universe doesn't have to reveal the entire world right away. It made sense not to do that early on in Naruto since they were just kids being trained. They had no idea what the world contained and neither did the reader. It was hinged closely to their experiences. And then when the Chuunin exam started, we started getting introduced to all these other characters, just like the protagonists were introduced to them. That's why that arc is still considered one of the best.

If the perspective had stuck with the Team 7 characters discovering these new places and meeting the characters, it would have worked fine.

What you're describing with the power creep leaving behind certain characters only shows how those characters have become a casualty of a story that tries to focus on too much. The whole moveset thing isn't limiting, they can always be expanded upon. Still, Kishimoto has to write down characters like Deidara, who could have just bombed the hell out of the entire war, or Madara, who could be launching meteors onto the army right now.

Lets be real Sakura was never important even early on, Hey Sakura stand there and guard Tazuna instead of joining the real men fighting. She was always in that second tier of side characters

The Series isn't focused on much at all. This entire story is almost always focused on Naruto or Sasuke's POV.

Only other people who have ever had the POV for more than like a chapter when they aren't in a fight, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Kakashi, and the various villains in their lairs.

The story has only been focusing on 3 things at any given point of time in the entire series past the Chunin Exam(And these things often overlapped). Naruto vs Akatsuki/Madara, Naruto vs Sasuke, Sasuke vs His clan's past. And for the most part all of those stories have converged into one.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I wonder if anyone has ever counted the number of named characters in Naruto/Bleach/One Piece. Character bloat is probably one of the more common complaints I've read about Naruto/Bleach, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if One Piece had the biggest number of characters of them all, and hardly anyone ever complains about that in One Piece. So I don't think the number of characters is an issue, what makes it bad in Naruto and Bleach is how those characters are handled. I guess it comes down to early arc enemies from Naruto/Bleach are nothing by now, while someone who is relatively weak like Buggy from One Piece is still relevant even much later in a war between the strongest forces in the universe.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Indiana_Krom posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever counted the number of named characters in Naruto/Bleach/One Piece. Character bloat is probably one of the more common complaints I've read about Naruto/Bleach, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if One Piece had the biggest number of characters of them all, and hardly anyone ever complains about that in One Piece. So I don't think the number of characters is an issue, what makes it bad in Naruto and Bleach is how those characters are handled. I guess it comes down to early arc enemies from Naruto/Bleach are nothing by now, while someone who is relatively weak like Buggy from One Piece is still relevant even much later in a war between the strongest forces in the universe.

Actually all of the antagonists from Early Naruto besides Zabuza and Neji are major players right now.

Gaara is a Kazekage and can fight at that level
Orochimaru is obviously able to fight at that level
Sasuke is at that level as well.
Kabuto is at a high level as well.

All of the other antagonists are dead(unless you really want to count Kiba as an antagonist).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Terper posted:

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

ActionZero posted:

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to.

You were also willing to poorly reword someone else's joke?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dexo posted:

Actually all of the antagonists from Early Naruto besides Zabuza and Neji are major players right now.

Gaara is a Kazekage and can fight at that level
Orochimaru is obviously able to fight at that level
Sasuke is at that level as well.
Kabuto is at a high level as well.

All of the other antagonists are dead(unless you really want to count Kiba as an antagonist).

Really, the only previous antagonists that didn't get resurrected/came back are the Sound 4(though they were resurrected in the anime), Mitsuki(guy Naruto fought in the 1st chapter. Also came back in the anime), and Gaara's team's leader, Baki(though he barely got any screentime in the first place).

EDIT: According to the wiki Baki is still around as an advisor to the Kazekage.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

It's not noticeable in One Piece because it's a story about a journey. They very, very rarely go back to places they have been. It's less how the characters are handled and more the very structure of the story. One works with a huge cast of characters, the other two don't to a greater or lesser degree.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

EDIT: According to the wiki Baki is still around as an advisor to the Kazekage.
Speaking of Baki, I remember that ANBU lady wanted revenge on him for killing Hayate, the chunin exam proctor who got killed then replaced by Genma. I was looking forward to that side story. :mad:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Autumncomet posted:

Speaking of Baki, I remember that ANBU lady wanted revenge on him for killing Hayate, the chunin exam proctor who got killed then replaced by Genma. I was looking forward to that side story. :mad:

Dudes name was Hayate. Kishimoto kinda dropped the ball there, that'd have been a great chance to show the enmity between different members of the Alliance if nothing else.

Maybe I read too many fantasy epics and supers comics and such. I've never felt Naruto or bleach had too many characters. I think the world would feel less real without the Kages of each nation bringing a little entourage along, even if Darui or Choujiro will never be the lynchpin of the plot.

Y
Sep 29, 2004

it's time to step up

Thoren posted:

Then why did he order Kisame to finish them off? Because if everything you're saying is proof of him being a secret good guy, that would be a severe break of character.

Because he knows he isn't going to succeed and is about to be interrupted. This is like saying "why did he throw ninja stars at Sasuke if he wasn't trying to kill him?" Well, because he knew he would dodge them. It was an act. He took a lot of calculated risks. He's still halfway responsible for at least one death besides the Uchiha massacre - the clone of himself sent to screw with our heroes is made out of a murdered sacrifice - but he was, if not a good guy, clearly not working with the best interests of Akatsuki in mind at any given time.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I think the world would feel less real without the Kages of each nation bringing a little entourage along, even if Darui or Choujiro will never be the lynchpin of the plot.

I agree with this. I also thought the Ninja War arc did a good job of making characters like Ino somewhat relevant.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="413744751"]
You were also willing to poorly reword someone else's joke?
I have no idea what you're saying here.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
The Sound 4 came back, as homunculi in Kabuto's stomach.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's not gonna stop expanding because Kishi won't stop writing. After Naruto wins the fourth ninja war there'll be another timeskip and then his kid will be kidnapped by the Black Ships and he'll have to go into space to save her. It turns out that the Elemental Countries are on a lost colony world from the Dark Age of Technology and that Fūinjutsu is the last hope to save the dying Imperium.

And then we find out Naruto is a direct descendant of the emperor of mankind, he must journey to the golden throne to get the emperor's power in order to free his bff Sasuke who is now the champion of chaos. Once he does that he and Sasuke can finally unite to fire of a love love tenkyoken to destroy all 4 chaos gods and bring peace to all of the multiverse.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SerSpook posted:

It's not noticeable in One Piece because it's a story about a journey. They very, very rarely go back to places they have been. It's less how the characters are handled and more the very structure of the story. One works with a huge cast of characters, the other two don't to a greater or lesser degree.

Yeah, One Piece leaves 90% of characters behind just because the main characters are constantly moving through the world, Naruto and Bleach have taken place in the same city for 10 years now. We see all those useless side characters constantly because it would be weird if they weren't there (they're Naruto's friends after all) yet you have the issue of them being useless when they're there.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

KoB posted:

Yeah, One Piece leaves 90% of characters behind just because the main characters are constantly moving through the world, Naruto and Bleach have taken place in the same city for 10 years now. We see all those useless side characters constantly because it would be weird if they weren't there (they're Naruto's friends after all) yet you have the issue of them being useless when they're there.

The One Piece cover story's do a great job at keeping people up to date with the side characters Bleach/Naruto could benefit from that.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Naruto 625 is out.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

ahahahahahah

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That Uchiha Affective Disorder sure is a convenient plot device. Seriously though, that felt pretty abrupt just to go evil eyes like that, though I guess he could be like Itachi and pretending to be evil.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Allarion posted:

That Uchiha Affective Disorder sure is a convenient plot device. Seriously though, that felt pretty abrupt just to go evil eyes like that, though I guess he could be like Itachi and pretending to be evil.

I don't know if evil is the right word here, it's not like he has literally become corrupted by the dark side. It sounds like he has already concocted the idea of the infinite tsyukinomi. He and Obito have the idea that since they are going to create a new, perfect world that this one doesn't matter anymore. They can morally justify to themselves whatever actions they take because when they succeed all the negative consequences of their actions will be undone. Killing someone to further your goal is fine if your victory means they are alive again, and that thought is extrapolated to cover just about anything. He sees the ends as justifying the means.

The Uchiha Effective Disorder as it's being portrayed isn't actually turning them evil, it's more that it's presence means that the Uchiha have been naturally selected so that only the most emotionally unstable ones lived and their most powerful members are the most unstable. It's the entire argument agaisnt Madara being Hokage; his being a powerful uchiha means that he can't be trusted, as far as they know the right provocation could tip the scales and turn him totally loving fruit loops. And he has. As has every single Uchiha we've seen except Itachi and possibly Shisui.

Team Tobirama contained an Akimichi a Shimura and a Sarutobi. Akimichi is one of the Noble houses of Konoha, and combined with the information from this chapter the reasons behind this composition make sense.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Mar 27, 2013

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Allarion posted:

Hashirama and Madara seem like 2 titans that are forced to deal with a world where their own strength isn't enough to solve the problems they want without violence and when once Hashirama is gone his followers will turn on the Uchiha instantly.

Madara points out that despite everything Hashirama wants to do, make Madara the Hokage, then have him as the successor, just doesn't fly with the majority of the ninja clans and once Tobirama gets power he'll brutalize the Uchiha. Not only that but the other Uchiha don't trust him because of his friendship with the 1st. Leaving the village to become stronger and be able to protect his clan is really Madara's only option. I'd like to know just how the Uchiha ended up lasting to the modern era without getting thrown out or killed by the Senju clan. I'm guessing it was Hashirama's dying order to his brother to protect the Uchiha, because otherwise I can't imagine anything changing the 2nd's mind.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 27, 2013

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
well that chapter sure got retarded at the end!

Charlz Guybon posted:

i would unironically read and like this :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 27, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is sad to see how hard Hashirama tried to help Madara but he simply doesn't want help. The parallels with Naruto are more than obvious now and this just confirms that the only end is with Sasuke redeemed, therefore Naruto surpassing Hashirama in everyway.

Shame than Sasuke's story isn't as compelling as Madara's.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wouldn't call Madara's story compelling to be honest, at least, no more so than Sasuke's. It's just more palatable since it's over and done with in a few chapters and has the good graces to include some comedy along the way. It's been a long rear end time since we saw Sasuke do anything comedic I would imagine.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is sad to see how hard Hashirama tried to help Madara but he simply doesn't want help. The parallels with Naruto are more than obvious now and this just confirms that the only end is with Sasuke redeemed, therefore Naruto surpassing Hashirama in everyway.

How is Madara's story more compelling than Sasuke's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dexo posted:

How is Madara's story more compelling than Sasuke's?

Well, he's pretty funny for one thing, plus there was an actual bond between Hashi and him, unlike Naruto and Sasuke.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/34771730/1

• Locked thread