Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Are you people seriously asking for DP to include recap episodes just so thy can blow up every fight in part 3 into a full episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mr. stefan posted:

Are you people seriously asking for DP to include recap episodes just so thy can blow up every fight in part 3 into a full episode

Yes? 37 episodes of people pummeling each other (plus two lovely recaps) should be better that 26 episodes of people pummeling each other faster.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Do you not want every fight scene to be animated?

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
I want all the good and cool stuff to be animated and none of the lame and boring stuff to be animated.

Also drat wish I could see this in person:

Vagithug fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 23, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I don't especially want anything cut, but I'd rather have 26-episode pacing than 39, not least because even the improved translations are pretty drat janky and I want to see parts 4+ animated and officially/professionally done as soon as possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Edit: I'm dumb.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 23, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

mr. stefan posted:

As was mentioned earlier, if they use the same pacing as they used for parts one and two they end up at just about three cours. I liked the pacing in parts one and two, I thought it worked well. If it goes for 26 episodes there will almost certainly have to be cuts, and frankly I'll take a couple of recaps over cuts if it comes to that. If they can fit all the events of the manga into 26 episodes and still have good pacing then I'm perfectly happy with that, but I doubt that is possible when taking into consideration both how long part three is compared to parts one and two and the pacing they used in parts one and two.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You thought you were getting recap episodes, but it was I, filler!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mr. stefan posted:

Yes.  I  am.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What if David just expanded two fight scenes to fill the remaining episodes?

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Due to budgeting issues, episodes 32-35 will simply be a single frame of spoilers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Vagithug posted:

I want all the good and cool stuff to be animated and none of the lame and boring stuff to be animated.

There are no "lame and boring" parts to part 3.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

James Totes posted:

Due to budgeting issues, episodes 32-35 will simply be a single frame of spoilers

guys please don't make him lock the thread again, thank you

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 23, 2014

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I'm okay with him locking the thread as long as he posts "THE WORLD" beforehand :v:

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

darealkooky posted:

There are no "lame and boring" parts to part 3.

You got it duder!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ok. I just finished episode 26 and I'm all caught up. Let's do this! I also can't wait until the PS3 game comes out next month.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Housh posted:

Ok. I just finished episode 26 and I'm all caught up. Let's do this! I also can't wait until the PS3 game comes out next month.

My friends and I may have played that game for 3 days straight when a friend imported it, but dammit if I didn't preorder as soon as the english version went on Amazon.

bondster
May 6, 2007

So this is less than a week from premiering and yet we still don't know what the ED is.

They are going to wait until the last possible moment to announce it aren't they? Hopefully this means they got a big name song lined up.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

bondster posted:

So this is less than a week from premiering and yet we still don't know what the ED is.

They are going to wait until the last possible moment to announce it aren't they? Hopefully this means they got a big name song lined up.

We didn't know with the first season either, so don't hold your breath. It's probably gonna keep being roundabout or an original song.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, the wait really has nothing to do with the song selection. The reason we got Roundabout in the first place was because Warner Bros Group Japan is footing the bill for much of this, thus they can draw from their catalog.

Roundabout came out of the blue and wasn't announced prior to airing.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I would love to see Roundabout come back, but I think they should just go full 80's for the ED due to the time it takes place. I'd love for something like Rainbow in the Dark or just some sort of nonsensical 80's prog rock so they can break it up like they did Roundabout.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
As much as I want to hear a new song for the ED, Roundabout fits too well with badass Jojo antics at the end of an episode, especially since part III is when Jojo is peak-badass.

I can't wait to see (pretty major spoilers, ruins a two of of the best moments)why even bother posting this

Fake edit: Maybe they can "borrow" a bit from Holy Diver for a character's theme like how Joseph's theme starting with Owner of a Lonely Heart.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 30, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Uznare posted:

We didn't know with the first season either, so don't hold your breath. It's probably gonna keep being roundabout or an original song.

Zorak posted:

Roundabout came out of the blue and wasn't announced prior to airing.

Except news of that leaked about a month in advance.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Stairmaster posted:

Except news of that leaked about a month in advance.

Leaked does not mean announced, and you are correct, it did leak two weeks before airing, but it's not something that everyone knew at the time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Where does Jotaro's hair end and hat begin?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

John Cena posted:

Everywhere

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

John Cena posted:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

John Cena posted:

I'm pretty sure it's all hair and no hat.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Has the air time been released yet?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Fat_Cow posted:

Has the air time been released yet?

Yep. 4/04, 24:30 JST (they do a weird "same day" time after midnight). Which is 11:30 AM EST on 4/04, this Friday.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Zorak posted:

Yep. 4/04, 24:30 JST (they do a weird "same day" time after midnight). Which is 11:30 AM EST on 4/04, this Friday.

Has it been said if CR will be subbing?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They haven't said anything yet. They didn't get the first season but that hasn't stopped them before (For a recent example, they simul'd Ippo despite the second season being unlicensed). They tend to announce most of their simulcasts pretty down to the wire though so there's still a chance.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Fat_Cow posted:

Has it been said if CR will be subbing?

No, I don't believe so. But there's like a dozen fansub groups lined up soooo.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Zorak posted:

Alright, one more question, how censored was part 2? I've seen it before and only really noticed they censored Strohiem's salute, but is it really butchered?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zorak posted:

Eagerly awaiting the return of [gg]'s subs and the endless arguments over them.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

Heck I'm really hoping for Crunchyroll to pick it up because Jojo was basically the only current thing in recent memory that I had to use fansubbers for. Being able to avoid all that stuff feels quite good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kanos posted:

Hope they go with '80s style dialogue instead of sticking with the high English like they did with part 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fat_Cow posted:

Alright, one more question, how censored was part 2? I've seen it before and only really noticed they censored Strohiem's salute, but is it really butchered?

It had a reasonable amount of censoring which was removed for the DVD/BR release.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'm still somewhat annoyed that no one has put any subs on the BD release of the first season. Unless I'm just missing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

pandaK posted:

Hope they go with '80s style dialogue instead of sticking with the high English like they did with part 2.

I would watch this forever. :allears:

• Locked thread