Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Pretty good chapter overall. And Bartemelo's fanboyish expression of happiness always makes me smile.

KoB posted:

This is Luffy Going Merry Thousand Sunny, home of the Pirate King, how can I help you?

fixed it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo, I had never heard that they made a Figuarts Enel, and it turns out he comes with two optional faces. No prize for guessing what one of those faces is.

http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-figuarts-zero-perona-enel-32627.phtml

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

DizzyBum posted:

In my head, he was saying it like he was answering a phone for a business.

The official manga translation does it this way. In Punk Hazard he answers "Hello? Luffy speaking, Future Pirate King!"

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Holy poo poo, I had never heard that they made a Figuarts Enel, and it turns out he comes with two optional faces. No prize for guessing what one of those faces is.

http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-figuarts-zero-perona-enel-32627.phtml
And yet the Figuarts Perona doesn't come with her special face. The hell?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
90% of what makes Enel a memorable villain is his hubris and subsequent comeuppance, persona doesn't compare in regards to that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, Shirahoshi was a big baby.

Like, literally. Seeing her next to Otohime is raising some questions I probably shouldn't think about.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Like, literally. Seeing her next to Otohime is raising some questions I probably shouldn't think about.

Laying eggs was my best guess... otherwise :stonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hold on hold on, you're not even going to acknowledge that Marine's loving hair? Oda!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Waffleman_ posted:

I started reading One Piece at the time skip, and that picture of baby Otohime by her mother blew me away. Otohime became my favorite character for a good long while.

Reading through the first half, I just finished Water Seven. I totally didn't expect Franky to be such a jerk or for Usopp and Luffy to duel. That was intense.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Waffleman_ posted:

Hold on hold on, you're not even going to acknowledge that Marine's loving hair? Oda!

I'm guessing you're talking about Vice Admiral Strawberry. He's been around for a long time so I don't think anyone's phased by it anymore and if they are they probably keep quiet out of respect.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Dastardly posted:

I'm guessing you're talking about Vice Admiral Strawberry. He's been around for a long time so I don't think anyone's phased by it anymore and if they are they probably keep quiet out of respect.

I always thought it'd be better if in every scene his hair always extended beyond the panel.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Liar posted:

I always thought it'd be better if in every scene his hair always extended beyond the panel.

I thought you were going to suggest that it be like Power-Girl's rack and get bigger every time it appeared for a second. Now I kind of want that to happen, or for it to just be one of the Marines long range weapons. Team him up with a spotter, who gives him an angle and range - and then he grows it like a mile long and bows his head. His hair, hard as steel like that one of Hancock's sisters, crashing down from on high to split a ship asunder.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Liar posted:

That gag would have been awesome if that worked with crap cook Chef Zeff and his ridiculously long hat as well.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Liar posted:

That's not his hair though, his head is really that long.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Fuckshoes posted:

That's not his hair though, his head is really that long.

Well, we've had the longarm and longleg tribes already, why not the longheads?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Well, we've had the longarm and longleg tribes already, why not the longheads?
Maybe he's related to Chinjao?

He grew an awesome beard to balance out his hair.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Say Nothing posted:

Maybe he's related to Chinjao?

He grew an awesome beard to balance out his hair.

I hope in a fight he whirls his head around, wielding his hair and beard like iron hard fan blades.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Apparently there's no One Piece chapter next week due to Oda visiting the new temporary One Piece museum exhibit in Taipei, Taiwan.

I've wanted to visit Taiwan anyways, but this makes me want to go like immediately! Here's the link:

http://onepiece-exhibit.tw/

It's from July 1 to September 22. Seriously want to go so bad. I honestly think I'd freak a little like Bartolomeo if I saw Oda there randomly.

Next Chapter Spoilers:

And it looks like we're finally going to see the Law flashback tomorrow. This is gonna be great. :allears:

And by great, I mean horrifyingly tragic. :magical:

[e]: vvvv Sorry, my bad. Edited for clarity.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 2, 2014

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
You should note that those are next chapter spoilers because I thought those were related to the last chapter and clicked it so thanks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The temptation to scroll over that spoilers tag...

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Chapter's up.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/752

Love Franky's positive attitude even as he's constantly suplexed by Senor Pink.

String Clones are the new Doombots.

Finally a Law flashback! Actually excited for this one, let's learn about Corazon and why Law and Dofla are the way they are.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dang, kid Law is hardcore

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I don't know how many more string clone fake-outs I can take

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Zoro looked so happy. It just warms the heart.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wittgen posted:

Zoro looked so happy. It just warms the heart.

Yeah, I was expecting one of the Tontata to start talking to him or something. But nope, we're just checking in to see that Zoro's have the time of his life sword fighting. Too bad Sabo and Fujitora don't seem to be having fun.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I want Bartolomeo to join so Goddamn much.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I kinda wanna see that happen, too.

It's not like his personality niche is already covered by the existing crew members.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Annoying groupie fanboy that gets on everyone's nerves but always comes through in the end because he's actually strong would be awesome. But I really doubt that...

I'm super curious as to what the limit of his barrier power is.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I feel like the crew has enough oddballs at this point. I'd kinda like a straight-man/woman for the other characters to bounce off of. Zoro and Sanji kinda used to fill this niche but Oda has kinda pushed them over the edge into "the guy who gets lost all the time" and "nosebleed guy". Jimbei would be pretty good in the role, which is hopefully how he's played when he eventually joins (at this end of this cover arc please???).

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cat Machine posted:

I don't know how many more string clone fake-outs I can take

Part of me wants it to be the case that nobody's actually met face-to-face with Doflamingo in 10 years; he's just sent clones to every single meeting.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cat Machine posted:

I feel like the crew has enough oddballs at this point. I'd kinda like a straight-man/woman for the other characters to bounce off of. Zoro and Sanji kinda used to fill this niche but Oda has kinda pushed them over the edge into "the guy who gets lost all the time" and "nosebleed guy". Jimbei would be pretty good in the role, which is hopefully how he's played when he eventually joins (at this end of this cover arc please???).

Robin?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I think I'm okay with the core crew as-is. I feel like the Straw Hats should just keep gaining sworn allies and have a fleet of crazy bastards backing them up whenever they do whatever has to be done in the final arcs.

Also, I wonder what Law's talking about when he says he came from a "blank town". Maybe it has something to do with the Void Century?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mulderman posted:

I want Bartolomeo to join so Goddamn much.

He's going to be laid up for at least half a year recovering from the fanboy aneurysm he gets when he epic parties with the whole crew after this.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

No, Brook.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rudoku posted:

No, Brook.

You can't be the straight man if you're at a 45 degree angle.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Also, I wonder what Law's talking about when he says he came from a "blank town". Maybe it has something to do with the Void Century?

Mangastream translates it as the White City. Maybe it's a shithole like the Grey Terminal, or maybe some kind of quarantine zone since Law says he doesn't have much longer to live. Theory time: Law said that Corazon saved his life once, so maybe he was the previous user of the Ope-Ope fruit? It would make sense if Doflamingo was saving the Heart seat for Law partly because he "inherited" Corazon's ability, and it would also make for an interesting parallel between Luffy and Law since Luffy also wanted to preserve Ace's "legacy" by winning the Fire fruit.

e: also in retrospect this could be a nice explanation for why Law decided to save Luffy in the war, if he was reminded of his own adoptive bro. :unsmith:

Star Platinum fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 2, 2014

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
The best part is that there's a Jinbei cover arc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Luffy takin' the Tatsumi Oga approach to getting to the next floor, I see :allears:

I just reread all of Beelzebub and I miss it all over again

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cat Machine posted:

Ahem, Trafalgar Law, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Ahem, Trafalgar Law, anyone?

jinbe is already a crew member he just isnt on the ship though

• Locked thread